Gallifrey: Time Academy (OOC) STILL OPEN | Still Alive!

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Gallifrey: Time Academy (OOC) STILL OPEN | Still Alive!

Postby Iris » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:14 pm

It's not the writers block where I can't get ideas, it's more that I'm uninspired the find the words to describe my ideas.

Whenever I go to post I get halfway through the first paragraph and then feel that it's utter nonsense and promptly delete it all rather frustrating really.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Ah...I normally just use this when I want to make it flowery.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:41 am

Hey guys

Just to let you know, I'm not dead! And neither is this RP.
I'm planning to get it moving again after christmas.

Some good advice: Do not attempt to draw maps when in the middle of an RP. GOD NO.
I'm really regretting not figuring out an Academy map beforehand.
Great news is, I've almost finished working out where everything goes, I've got the basic structure of the school settled AND I've almost completed the ground floor. The rest of the floors should be relatively straightforward after that (thank Rassilon).

And after learning my lesson with this map, I am not going to even attempt to draw a detailed map of the Capitol, the Citadel or anything unless I really have to. You guys are going to just have to use your imaginations for that, and I'll guide you through what's around you when needed.
A map is just not worth this level of stress and delays D:

- But on the brightside, this map of the Academy I'm creating should help you all heaps.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:43 am

Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby sam4books » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Ro Wong » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:31 am

Hope you finish that beast soon. Liked this thus far.
Demon of Elru

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:16 am

Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh
While I’m still trying to sort things out, here’s another NPC to spark your interests.
Someone you’ll be meeting fairly soon.

Name: K9 Mark I
K9 Mark II

Belongs to:
K9 Mark I = Leela
K9 Mark II = Romana

Nicknames: “Tin Dog”

Race: Robot

Homeworld:
The Bi-Al Foundation (Centre for Alien Biomorphology), Sol System asteroid K4067 [K9 Mk I]
The Doctor’s Type 40 TARDIS [K9 Mk I (adopted) and K9 Mk II]
Gallifrey (both adopted)

Appearance:
Picture references:
K9 Mark I
K9 Mark II

Both robots are almost identical. The main differences in appearance between the two K9’s are:

K9 Mk I – Slightly bulkier and heavier than his twin brother, K9 Mark I also has its shell painted in gold/grey metallic. K9 Mark I also has less mobility than his later model, and tends to creak and rattle more when he moves.
K9 Mk II – This model of K9 has remained almost identical to the original in terms of exterior design, albeit with a few slight changes. K9 Mark II is lighter and has its shell painted a metallic charcoal grey – and is generally in better condition than the original K9 unit.
On close observation, the two K9 Units sound ever so slightly different too – however the difference is so miniscule that it may take time to pick up on the differences, and is usually only noticeable when the robots are talking one after the other.

Personality:
In general, K9 has a polite, formal manner with just a hint of pedantry, bordering on condescension. Though he often displays emotions such as sorrow and self-regard, and sulking when he’s being shouted at, he has often stated that he has not been programmed to have emotions. He always has a willingness to assist, and is quite capable of acting outside orders and making his own decisions – however he does not seem to resent his subordinate status, and will follow orders loyally, provided they don’t contradict his programming. Saying that, K9 is a very talkative robot, and orders along the lines of ‘be quiet’ or ‘shut up K9’ might take a while before the order is obeyed.
K9 usually addresses his friends and those he most respects as ‘Master’ or ‘Mistress’ – a good indicator of whether K9 has become attached to a certain person or holds them in high regard is if he addresses them as his Master or Mistress.
The Doctor once described K9 as “overbearing, arrogant and insufferable”. Others have described K9 as “dogmatic” and “smug” – all of which are probably true. K9 does have a dark side to his personality, tending to regard other artificial intelligences with contempt, sometimes what could be described as jealousy, if they happen to be better than him. And despite his subservient status, when given a brief chance to act as a figure of power or authority, K9 tends to enjoy it a bit too much.
Despite this, K9 is programmed to assist and to protect, and despite a few flaws he is generally a very ‘good dog’.

K9 Mark I and Mark II specifically:
Again, the two K9’s are very similar in personality – however K9 Mark II seems to have slightly more of a superiority complex than K9 Mark I – which is understandable as, from a technological viewpoint, he is superior to K9 Mark I, with K9 Mark II being an ‘improved’ version of the original K9.
Despite this, there is a lot of competition between the two K9’s – K9 Mark II views himself as the best because he is a newer model, whilst K9 Mark I views himself as the best because he is ‘the’ original.
Amusingly, K9 tends to dislike other K9s and often reacts in a passive-aggressive way towards the other. That being said, both K9s easily put aside their pride and competitive rivalry in order to work together. They will readily share data and resources with each other, and often pass messages between the two of them.

Equipment:
K9 is a multipurpose built computer with many different gadgets, settings and functions. However I will list the main ones:

-Rotating ear probes with tracking sensors
-Armour and other defences/shielding capabilities
-Aural sensors
-An ‘eye’ panel with visual sensors and visual orientation circuit
-Telescopic retractable ‘eye’ probe.
Also acts as a computer data probe (can send/download data from computers. Capable of hacking into other systems, in some cases reprogramming or even taking over other computers, depending on how advanced the other computer is, their defences, etc)
-An array of Chemical and Energy receptors
-Multi-purpose Olfactory device (located at the nose)
-Extendable nose, concealing a compact and versatile, retractable energy weapon
For K9 Mark I, this weapon is a Terran energy weapon (Sol 3/Earth technology).
For K9 Mark II, this weapon is a more sophisticated Gallifreyan photon weapon.
Both models settings include a laser, stunner, paralysis ray, and a setting to kill (although this is only rarely used – the stun setting being the favoured weapon of choice)
-Flashing lights on top panel and the ‘eye’ panel
-Manual control console (located on top and includes a key pad)
- Central Processing Unit
-Battery and battery reserves. Emergency power settings.
-Waggling tail antennae (can act as a radio antenna)
- Wide spectrum radio receiving equipment
-Ticker-tape tongue (works as a printer for readings/data)
-Wheels (front and back wheel drive)
-Storage compartments (inside)
-A flat screen VDU under an automatically-controlled panel on the side
-An inspection plate (inside)
- Proximity Sensors (including rear sensors)
- A communicator (capable linking them to the Gallifreyan communication systems – added whilst on Gallifrey)
-Memory banks and a vast database

K9 Mark II differences
Being a later model and designed by the Doctor, this unit has some significant differences/additions/improvements to K9 Mark I. Gone is the product of human 5000AD technology. K9 Mark II is a product of the Doctor’s own technology and values.
Amongst other features, K9 Mk II has:
-A vast memory bank (far greater than that of K9 Mk I)
-a Holographic projector (built in later whilst on Gallifrey)
-Responds to a dog whistle
-Can climb stairs (via a hover function – however the hover function is limited and can be used to elevate but not fly or navigate in the air efficiently)
-Is generally more efficient, powerful, with better defences and more technologically advanced than K9 Mark I

The K9 Units also share a link, so that they can communicate and share/feed data to each other over long distances (added whilst on Gallifrey).
K9 Mark I is therefore able to (almost) instantly access K9 Mark II’s systems, data files and memory banks and vice versa. Both are usually well-informed of the other’s status and progress through this link.

Powers: Perhaps the only thing that could be counted as a power for K9, is his extensive database and ability to retain information – something he is constantly adding to all the time and grows the more information K9 collects, as there is still a lot about the universe he does not know.

History:
K9 Mark I
K9 was first invented and constructed in year 5000 by a human scientist called Professor Marius, as he was unable to bring his own real dog from Earth (known to the Time Lords and many other races as ‘Sol 3’) into space with him. As a result, K9 was constructed to act as the Professor’s companion and friend, as well as assisting the Professor with his work at the Bi-Al Foundation Centre.

The time lord known as the Doctor and his then companion, Leela, took a liking to K9 during their visit the Foundation. And with the Professor having to return to Earth soon and being unable to take K9 Mark I back with him, Marius entrusted the robot dog in their care, as a parting gift.
After a number of adventures with the Doctor and Leela, K9 Mark I decided of his own accord to stay on Gallifrey with his ‘Mistress’ Leela, instead of continuing to journey on with the Doctor.

K9 Mark II
Not to be put out that K9 Mark I had left him in favour of Leela, the Doctor constructed a new K9 model based closely on the K9 originally built by Professor Marius, albeit with certain improvements. This K9, Mark II, then went on to travel with the Doctor and his new companion, the (then novice) Time Lady known as Romana.
Eventually, K9 Mark II also parted ways with the Doctor when their TARDIS was accidently thrown into the pocket universe known as E-Space. Damaged and unable to return to Normal Space, K9 Mark II was given to Romana by the Doctor as a parting gift, as she chose to remain in E-Space.
Able to function within the confines of this other universe known as E-Space, K9 continued to travel with his ‘Mistress’ Romana there, aiding her in her adventures.
Eventually, K9 Mark II was repaired well enough to travel back with Romana into their native universe, where he joined Romana on Gallifrey, where he has since remained.
K9 Mark II currently serves President Romana as her aide and advisor.
K9 Mark I, along with his Mistress, Leela, have also been appointed by the President.

Theme: K-9 Opening/Closing Theme
(The opening credits are possibly the best part of that spin-off)

...And I now can’t stop listening to K9’s theme tune.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:51 pm

Huh. I...can't help but imagine a robot dog being out of place on Gallifrey.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Asmodai » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Hahahaha silly 80's-90's robot design
Mephobiac

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:23 pm

SILENCE, IT'S YEAR 5000 TECHNOLOGY.
It's actually 70's ;D Created around the same time as R2-D2
ALL HAIL RETRO-FUTURISTIC ROBOTS.
MQuinny1234 wrote:Huh. I...can't help but imagine a robot dog being out of place on Gallifrey.
There are other robots on Gallifrey, but K9 does tend to stick out like a sore thumb.
It's just as well K9 doesn't have feelings, because the Time Lords tend to make fun of him.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:53 pm

At least they register him then, rather than ignoring him point blank and mocking his masters which...now I think about it, would be why they mock him instead.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Well since K9's been appointed by the President they have to register him. Quite a few of the higher-ups have no choice but to interact with K9 or atleast acknowledge he's there. Of course just because they have to work with K9, doesn't mean they have to be nice to him.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Gallifreyans seem like odd people.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Gallifreyans are aliens, Quinnykins. I think they would think we seem like odd people too.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:06 pm

How dare they, the racists. *blatantly ignores double-standard*
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:19 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:How dare they, the racists. *blatantly ignores double-standard*

I'm glad you brought that up.
Since that is going to be a thing.
Quite a big thing.

In fact it's the reason why you're all going to die.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:58 pm

Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:09 pm

Oh...well, to say a cliche-

Wait, the fuck?

Also, because I feel like posting this as an alternative.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDW1gk1ALXI Homestuck verion.

P:S, screw that, Gallifrey is going to burn.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:05 am

Oh, it will burn alright.
-But not yet! :D

On another, unrelated note,
HEY SAM GUESS WHAT
If you haven't already seen it, the guy who did that Doctor Who/Star Wars crossover did another one.
I think you'll like this:

Doctor Who Meets Star Wars Episode I - The Prequel Menace

'Tis incredible
And apparently he's going to be making more 8D

And oh my god    Romana with a PINK lightsaber

PINK   
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:01 pm

OMG YES <333

And Padme's reaction is PERFECT.
In passing

Postby Archrival » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:20 pm

Wow that was spectacular.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Previous

Return to Role Playing