Temple of the Blessed IC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Temple of the Blessed IC

Postby Cheesemore » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:40 pm

~Chuck Walton - Master at....~

Chuck shook his head as Arelyn and Merissa had their say at each other. Merissa should have known knocking away that earring would have made Arelyn a little edgy, but Arelyn should have realized she ment no harm. Those two never seemed to get along and he could understand why. But that would have to wait for a while, there was another pressing issue at hand. "It's today already? My how the time flies." he said, but as he said it, he realized both of the companions had already left. Chuck laughed at his foolishness and proceded to leave the room as well. He began wandering throughout the temple, needing to clear his thoughts. 'The master's challenge already? I do hope I'm ready for it this time.' he thought as he passed some fellow priests, giving a hello as he crossed their path.

'Merissa's right too, the test won't be that easy. I should make up for my lack of a great performance from earlier today.' he thought confidently, but suddenly, he overheard a conversation by a guard and a crusader, about a certain paladin returning from a mission. 'Well well, even Tyvail's back. I wonder if he'll be taking the challenge as well. I better rest up if I'm to be ready for everything.' he thought as he wandered to a semi-secluded area, the courtyard. He arrived shortly before Arelyn and took a seat behind a nearby tree to pray, he needed to clear his mind and rest his body quickly for the Master's Challenge.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Harper began to back out of the alleyway as she looked at Aduro. "Here." She unhitched her rosary and removed a bright blue bead from it. "This should help protect you from grievous injuries. I'll work on crowd control."

With that quick statement, Harper left Aduro to duel the Voltik. She turned out onto the cobble-stoned main streets and began to work through her head how best to go about protecting the people from the ensuing battle. She could cause a scene and simply scream for everyone to move along, but feared that might bring as much danger as just letting the battle rage on without informing the citizens would. Instead, Harper swiftly made her way to the lodge of the town guard, and upon quickly hurrying through the door, she informed them of the situation in a brusque but still concerned manner.

"There is a man in your town who has been consumed by a Voltik. He is about to engage a companion of mine from the Temple, a master. I would seek your help in helping to shepherd civilians and cordon the area while the demon is still present." She looked in earnest that the guards would come to her aid. She stood by the door as insurance to be the first one out should they have chosen to come along.

Postby Asmodai » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:19 pm

Naomi - Temple Forge

A smile played on her face, an actual, genuine smile. It had been a while since she had any reason to smile, it almost felt alien. But there it was, a group of people, who under her orders, were constructing something of her design. Well, okay, Frederick also had a large part in it, and he deserved his recognition.

Naomi placed a hand on Fredericks shoulder, something she normally shied away from. "You and your men have performed some excellent work, a little rough around the edges perhaps, but nothing that won't perfect with time and practice. Which brings us to a question, you mentioned you and your brothers of the sword were too injured to fight on the frontline. If you don't mind us asking, are these injuries permanent? If that is the case, we'd be honored if you and your men would come work for the forge. There's never a shortage of work here and you'd still contribute a great deal to our cause." Weapons and armor needed constant repairs and with new recruits coming in, new weapons needed to be forged. And with Naomi around, it was always interesting to see what kind of strange orders would come in, ranging from something simple as ammunition forging, to big projects like creating whole new weapons.

A large yawn escaped her, which she quickly covered up with the hand that had been on Frederick' shoulder. Fatigue was getting to her, not strange, considering she had been up and about for two days now. She groaned as she realized this meant that today was going to be a sleeping day. Preparations were needed.

She turned to face Frederick again, her smile suddenly feeling so much heavier than it had just a minute ago. "You wouldn't if we took off? We've still got some errands to run, and you and your men can easily follow the orders without us shepherding you." Looking back at the workfloor, she couldn't help but marvel at how well this day had turned out to be. Not only had more people than she had possibly imagined showed up to her little notice, there was now even a whole new weapon in the making! The only way this day could possibly get any better, was if somehow her sleep could be postponed. But eventually she had to sleep, there was no escaping that, might as well do it on a good day.
Mephobiac

Postby Iris » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:06 am

Tyvail.

"It seems that I'll be following my ancestor's path in more ways than one then." Tyvail replied calmly, unfazed about the fact his life now had a rough expiration date, "I had expected as much but at least I've got some peace of mind about how much time I can still serve the temple before I face judgement." Tyvail remained composed take in deep breaths before speaking once more, "As for the master's challenge, whom was I to meet again? High Paladin Karketh was it? I don't remember him as clearly as I should, my apologies it seems I've been away for too long."

Tyvail waited for the replies from both Templars before he began to pack up, attaching the lantern to his belt while he placed the grimoire in a satchel. Lastly came the accursed blade, a part of the young paladin always wondered how close he stood to death since he had taken the burden, he also wondered if he was much like the so called Tainted Ones though in the end he chose this curse. Perhaps in that way the Tainted Ones were much braver, to face and conquer the cause of their nightmares. This was why he held them in such high regard ever since he was indoctrinated as a paladin, to know what must occur for a Tainted One to be born and to know what it takes to resist a demon's touch.

Without hesitation he once more carried the blade, looking at it's deceitful appearance Tyvail could understand the folly of those who fell to it's thirst. "May the light guide our path and may the gods bless our hands for the challenges unseen." The paladin said to his masters with a crisp salute before he moved to the door, "I'll be at the temple church, I haven't prayed in a while, I'd like to clear my mind for a couple moments before I speak to my mentor. With your permission of course."

Postby Zelosse » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:41 am

-Chuck/Arelyn-

The elderly man continued to bow as they all walked out the way they'd come, days were slow and no doubt Arelyn was not pleased with the little trick that had been sprung. Without any other choice available he'd been forced to find strong recruits who could actually withstand the dosage needed to create the dreamweave. Without a strong mind the dosage would have been wasted and the local revenant would not have been able to project the necessary images to the crowd.

"I understand if you're both a little upset... but with this you can advance to a higher grade and with luck, pair up with the one taking the Challenge with you both. I could be wrong but I heard he is a paladin in need of strong and compotent guards." Shrugging, the group reached the main gates where he'd found them to begin with. Another bow and an apology to the two, as they began to depart he called out again, "If you want to meet your partner for the Challenge you should wait near the main chapel. Paladins frequent it after so long an absence."
With a polite wave and an uneasy smile, he watched the two depart.

-Harper/Aduro-

The voltik eyed up the 'angel' that was summoned but gave a great frown. That was no holy creature, it was a twisted abomination summoned forth by perverted rituals. It was not a pure creature, born of passion or love, it was a beast brought forth from the same backgrounds as a demon would. The only difference was that this filthy beast had not done atrocities in the name of evil, it had done them in the name of neutrality.
A beast was still a beast.

Se'engrir charged forward, swinging it's metallic arm with abandon to collide with the newly summoned beast square in it's foul mouth. The force of the blow flung the helpless creature close to 5 feet and sliding into a nearby house. The voltik shot a hateful glance at Aduro, it's face clearly one of disappointment instead of typical demon bloodlust or rage. Stalking in on the downed bug creature, Se'engrir clenched it's fist. "Foul...... Creature...." It hissed.

The local guards blanched at the mention, one of them rubbed a scar on his face no more than a week old before running to the back. A few moments later a large man in well worn armor entered, holding a large spear that was rested on his shoulder. "Your friend cannot be tamed by us. We will prevent collateral damage but there is little we can do, the demon will calm down if you do not engage it in combat."
Waving to the others, half a dozen guards stood up and followed the captain out of the building. The captain called for Harper to lead the way.

-Naomi/others-

Frederick blushed but avoided looking the girl in her eyes for a moment, not wanting to see the smile he tried badly to hide. Not everyday a woman complimented his crew. The mention of their past gave him pause, their wounds were indeed enough that the military wouldn't allow them combat time but now... Did they need it? Would it be enough to satisfy these men of their needs for combat?
Apparently one of the brothers heard and passed it on, because now they all looked expectantly at Frederick. Their leader. Slowly they nodded their approval.

With an accepting smile, Frederick turned to Naomi. "I guess we're staying. I hope we can live up to your expectations."

Postby Karo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Image |Temple: Courtyard to Chapel - Interior| Image

Arelyn sat for a few moments, thinking on what the Elder had said. She and Chuck were to protect a paladin during the Challenge. He was waiting at the chapel, and it might not be a bad idea to get to know who it was she was going to be working with next. Getting up, she dusted off the back of her tabard and shifted her sword to a more comfortable and easily accesible position across her shoulders.

She glanced over at Chuck, and decided not to disturb him while he was praying. She was sure he would follow along as soon as he was done. She walked slowly along the path, giving Chuck ample time to catch up to her. though it didn't take her very long to get to the chapel, and she stood for a moment before slipping quietly inside. She sat down in the back, looking at the solitary figure standing at the main altar.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Cheesemore » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:00 pm

~Chuck Walton - Ready for Action~

Chuck sat quietly in his area of the courtyard. He had finished praying a few moments earlier, and now he wanted to reflect on the test they just took. The man looked like he was about to turn, but Arelyn still had a lot of faith in the man and transfered her energy. Why hadn't he thought of that? Chuck was too engrossed on the others in the room, their safety was above William's. Was that the right decision in the matter? He pondered for a good while on his doubts and dimissed them, though it wasn't easy. After his reflection, there was one other memory that crept into his head, the elder mentioning that their partner for the challenge was at the temple.

Chuck slowly stood up in the courtyard, he was alone, but for who knows how long. He glanced around, and finally his familiar grin appeared on his face. 'Well, better meet with my partner. It's rude to keep friends waiting.' he thought as he made one final check of his shield and sword, which hadn't moved and proceeded to the temple. He managed to arrive shortly after Arelyn to the chapel and found his way inside as well. He sat on the opposite end of the row where Arelyn was and gave a slight nod to her. Chuck didn't speak due to the figure at the front, and waited patiently, for him to finish.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Harper Shelton ~ Movement with Purpose

Harper nodded to the man who she assumed was the captain of the guard and swiftly began leading the entourage through the streets toward the scene where Se'engrir and Aduro had begun their clash. She knew it would take several minutes to reach the alleyway, and she was hoping that Aduro could prevent civilian casualties in that time.

This whole ordeal had turned out much worse than Harper had been hoping. She had hoped a simple exorcism would suffice and then she could go back to preparing dinner at the temple. She hoped that her assistants in the kitchen would take heed of her absence and proceed to heat the broth without her go-ahead. If not, dinner would be rather late that night. Making her way back to the alleyway, she motioned to the guards and pointed toward the alleyway where the demon was located.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Aduro frowned at voltik's look and stepped onto the glowing circle, breaking it. The creature in the rubble started flaying wildly as it's own nature and mind began reasserting itself, not that it mattered, it wouldn't regain control of itself in time, unlike Aduro who had already shrugged off all but a fading urge to bite into his own flesh. He held his still-bleeding thumb over the broken circle and let some more fall on it, causing the circle to change again. Well, that was more useless than I expected. he said, glancing at the spasming creature in the wall. Perhaps something less...impulsive, or "foul" would be better for now. The circle flashed red again as the blood rose into the air and began to grow into flesh. This one was certainly more intelligent and aware of alignment that it's predecessor, but not a pure angel either. He began to step back as it grew, edging towards the alleyway, best to get out of the way as this one would cause quite a ruckus.

Instead of the insectile creature of before, this one was much more humanoid, if less so. It looked like an old man with all the colour bleached out of him and the flesh sucked out. A skeleton with skin basically, although despite it's far difference from humanity, it had an aware and interested look in it's eyes. He pulled grey robes from the air for modesty and floated up, just as Aduro stepped back into the main street. He looked at the Voltik, sizing it up, and grinned ghoulishly. A mischievous smirk stretched along it's face as he brought his hands together and flicked them out at the Voltik. With that a huge torrent of wind rushed down the alley, trashcans and rubbish being throw wildly back as the winds bounced off the walls, it was like a miniature tornado was being pushed down it. Aduro stumbled and gripped at the corner of the wall, fighting to keep himself from tumbling forward into the chaos.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Previous

Return to Role Playing