Welcome to Somewhere

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Welcome to Somewhere

Postby Maru » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:03 pm

-X-CROCHET-X-

Crochet got up, shrinking slightly among the others. "...Sorry... I'm..." she hesitated, "...I'm...scared... I-I didn't even have feet until a while ago! It's like..." As she paused to thing of something equally horrendous, she heard Toffee. She blinked her innocent, violet eyes. "...That's a good idea..." she agreed. "...Well...I don't remember much about myself...The word 'crochet' is the only thing I remember... I guess...That'll be my name for now." She looked down, pouting because she couldn't remember anything. At least it was a better reaction that crying on the ground...
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Belwicket » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Toffee

"Better than me." she sighed, looking at the girl. "I don't even know my name. I don't know anything. All I know is that doesn't look good." She looked up at the sky, still talking in the shy, quiet voice.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Snapple ~ Tested in labs. Proven Everywhere.

Snapple looked on in confusion and annoyance as Shindig ran off and Cabinet followed. It heard Crochet and Toffee begin to speak to each other when it turned around and began to interrupt their conversation.

"Learning about ourselves can wait. Let's find somewhere that's out of the rain and try to all stay together. Unfortunately, it seems that two of us have just run off, so I suppose we should follow them."

Before the being left, it picked up the book that now lay on the ground and tried forcing it open. Finding that it could not accomplish this task, Snapple reasoned that perhaps the book wouldn't open because it was raining, exacerbating the desire to find shelter.

Snapple set off down the path, eventually running into both Cabinet and Shindig. "Don't run off like that. We don't know what's around here or anything about this place. It could be dangerous." It tried to make its tone firm and found that it had a deep, growling voice. In addition, during its walk, Snapple had noticed that its legs were amphibious, moisture-coated appendages which ended in two tridactylic scaled feet.

Postby Maru » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:34 pm

-X-CROCHET-X-

Crochet blinked. "Hmm... At least we're somewhere, huh?" she smiled. It may not have been a big deal to the others, but any place was better than that non-existence... She tilted her head, unsure of her last idea. "On..second thought...Crochet's a stupid name, isn't it?" she laughed nervously, smiling at Toffee. Then, she turned her gaze onto the falling rain ahead. "C'mon," she told her. "Let's catch up before we get wet." Smiling, she followed Snapple, running so not to get too soaked.
My DA
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Iris » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:57 pm

The moisture in air the grew more and more dense , droplets of water began to drop on the orange eyed male who, with a heavy sigh, rolled over to look upon the darkened skies and see the world as well as the those around him.
"Listening to this voice makes me sound terribly melodramatic or some kind of depressant. I mean who actually pays attention to the moisture in the air?" He muttered under his breath sitting up so that he could look at himself once again, it felt strange for him for he had no memory of a previous self or if there even was one for that matter. He realized that he was in fact barefoot though his feet seemed blackened somehow yet it didn't seem sickly, quiet the opposite actually, strange veins ran beneath his flesh visible due to what seemed to be a glow, what was he, the orange eyed male wondered to himself before thinking, And why am I only wearing a coat... shouldn't I wear a vest, a shirt... something? I'm practically naked! Though why don't I feel cold... in fact I feel fine, sure the water- wait, wait, overthinking. Stop. Simplify. Ignore all illogical things today concerning oneself..

With that the male slowly got up to check his surroundings, he could see and hear others though thankfully none seemed too interested in him, allowing him to inspect his coat but to his disappointment it turned out to be simple, plain even; merely a brown coat made of something that didn't seem all unlike leather yet felt smooth and warm. Over all he was pleased with himself.
"Well I suppose a bit of rain wouldn't hurt me..." He stated as he surveyed the group, noticing a strange humanoid creature with white and black fur, it seemed fixated on something on the ground. It was also without clothing. Huh, would it even need clothing? After all it has fur... by... uugh. I'll ask it sometime.

"Excuse me, uh, oh you're a miss." The male with orange eyes said as he walked up to her gently so not to break her focus on... what ever she was staring at, "Is everything alright? You seem to be, uh..."

There wasn't a diplomatic way of saying 'hey you seem to be naked' He thought partially bemused, before taking off his coat, "You seem to need it more than me, wouldn't want you to get too cold suddenly." Carefully he offered his coat to the female.

Postby Asmodai » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:59 pm

She let out a small "Eek!" as a heavy thud was heard close to her. Someone had fallen from the sky, hitting the ground hard enough to create a small crater. She wondered if that person was okay, she didn't know why, but she remember that falling hurt.

Then the man, or whatever it was, crawled out of the crater. He did not look good, not good at all. Like some horrible sickness had taken his body, at least, that's what a horrible disease did, right? Boils and whatnot covered his body, giving him a very unhealthy look. And quite honestly, she did not want to get close to him, what if it was contagious? Whatever that might mean...

She let out yet another, this time louder "Eek!" as the man addressed her. His voice sounded as horrible as his appearance and had taken her by surprise. Immediately she felt stupid for feeling scared of him, after all, he simply answered her question... The only one who answered her question... So he couldn't be bad. She averted her eyes again, away from him and at the ground, that way he couldn't see her face grow red again. That is, if it was even possible to see thanks to the fur.

Just as her heart had settled down a little, a second, perhaps even scarier man approached her. He made it very clear what fire was again. Horrible, painful and destructive. His skin looked like it had been burnt to a crisp. How could he still be alive? But his appearance didn't seem to fit his personality, which seemed much more friendly. He offered her his coat, which made it all the more obvious that clothing was something people normally wore. Including her. Why was she the only one so naked here?

"T-thanks you." she nearly whispered as she got up, dusting the grass from her fur, and accepted the coat. It was big, too big for her, and felt very heavy. It also had a rather burnt smell to it, but she decided it wasn't worth mentioning, after all, it would be rude to comment on a gift. She held the coat firmly closed, happy that she wasn't showing off that much anymore.

Her little heart once more returned to a more steady pace, surely it wouldn't be jolted a third time? And as if some unseen mischievous god had been reading these lines, a bolt of lightning crackled through the sky, lighting up the dark clouds. It had sent the boy with the hooves running off scared, but the girl remained still. In fact, she felt calm, how could something that looked so beautiful, be dangerous? The way it lit up the world around it, it's beautiful, jagged arms arced sideways into so many more arms.

A drop of rain, falling precisely on her nose, caused her to wince and break out of the trance. They needed to get out of here, lest they get wet.
Mephobiac

Postby icbmalaria » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:40 am

Confetti - Hop on the Party Bus!

Confetti watched curiously as Shindig and Cabinet ran off followed soon after by Snapple and Crotchet. Confetti turned to those still standing around. "FOLLOW THEM," It commanded loudly, pointing in the direction to travel. At first when the rain started to fall, Confetti hissed in response to the raindrops, but after discovering they were pretty cool it began to enjoy them. The being happily pranced after the four who ran off. Confetti turned around to see some of the others still standing around. "NOW" It demanded harshly.

Continuing its skipping, Confetti began to flail its arms enjoying moving around, though stopping occasionally to hiss back at each clap of thunder. When the being reached Shindig and the others, it noticed its arms looked a little different. The were much longer now and covered with feathers. Confetti oohed and aahed at its new appendages, holding them up and moving them around in amazement. "I like these." While at first Confetti had enjoyed the rain, it was beginning to beat down faster and was becoming less enjoyable by doing so. "Well just staying here could be dangerous too." Confetti practically sang to Snapple, "We should get AWAY from the RAIN."

The magenta eyes shifted to Shindig and Cabinet, "You two. Stop running off." Confetti paused to shake the water from its soaked wings. "We need-" It was cut off by the roar of thunder and after hissing in response it continued, "Shelter. Shelter." Confetti scanned the area, searching for somewhere it wasn't raining, smiling joyfully as it did so.

Postby Maru » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:18 am

Crochet giggled at Confetti. It was just so funny! Such energy it had, she almost envied it. "So what if we don't find anyplace to go?" she wondered. "Do we just keep going?"
My DA
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Belwicket » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Toffee

Toffee had followed after Crochet until they caught up with the rest of the group. From what she saw, Crochet was a pretty woman, though she knew she was female herself. She was confused, because she knew some of the males were good looking, but none of them stuck out as much as Crochet. She blushed, realizing Crochet was giggling. "I guess that would be best." she replied to her new friend's question. "Maybe to find shelter or find a place to build shelter."
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Khanman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Potpourri continued to stare, watching most of the things leave the clearing. Its first thought was to pursue them, to learn more about them, and it acted without thinking. Potpourri moved, somehow, but it didn't concern itself with the details. whatever this mode of transportation was, it was silent, and the speed was agreeable. The stalker managed to creep up into a tree before it began to analyze itself once again. "Why express curiosity? The need to know is a weakness that can be used against you. Learn too much, and you will learn something you did not want to know. Ignore this desire: you are better than those things on the ground, and you can stay that way."

"Was that superiority? Pride is just as great a flaw, if not greater. You will be susceptible to flattery, seek to defend your abstract honor. Idiot."

"Do you express anger now? You-"

Before Potpourri could lecture itself further, it interrupted itself with a loud grumbling from somewhere inside it, some deep, dark pit. While it seemed quite aware of the workings of its mind, Potpourri was much less in control of its bodily functions. It was hungry, which made sense: it hadn't eaten in as long as it could remember. However, Potpourri was now more concerned with the fact that it had just divulged its location to those it had been following. It hurriedly closed all but one of its eyes, not realizing how well the glimmering gold would show up in the shadows of the leaves.

Postby InsaneWhisper » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:31 pm

-Shindig-

"I..." Shindig paused to consider Cabinet's question, "Well I'm wet... but I guess I'm okay?" Shindig stood with a wobble and looked at the sky in worry, "I hope that doesn't happen again." He looked around as others began to join them including an irritated and frightening sounding Snapple and a very loud Confetti.

Shindig waited quietly as the others asked questions of what to do not exactly sure himself. The rain had begun to get heavier when his sharp ears suddenly picked up on the sound of something's stomach informing its owner that it was hungry. Something that wasn't in the group he had seen. "Um... guys? There's something over there," he pointed towards the tree Potpourri had taken refuge behind. He nervously started backing away, "And whatever it is it's hungry."
Zee Captain: "Better dig your heels in"
Mr. Snippy: "Why? What?"
Zee Captain: "..."

Postby Belwicket » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:47 pm

Toffee

Looking at the tree, Toffee, whose body was still beginning to take form, began edging back on the slender legs she'd grown, attached to a still gaseous waist. She had also gained thin, twig-like arms connected to a not-completely-there chest. Other than her eyes, her head had gained long, red-orange, flowing hair, pale skin, a small but not too small nose, luscious lips, and an egg-shaped skull. "Run." she said, grabbing the 2 nearest to her and trying to drag them along behind her in retreat.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Yossarian » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:28 pm

-Stucco-

Sound. That is the first thing Stucco was aware of...the loud-patter of rain on glass or metal. Stucco couldn't tell, his eyes were closed. "Rain.." He thought. He couldn't remember the last time he heard rain. Thinking harder...he couldn't remember anything. He had no idea who or what he was...but..this thought didn't much scare him strangely. Guessing it was supposed to be that way. He slowly realized he had more of his senses then he had at first thought. Rough wood. Old and powdery....how did he know this? Not like it mattered. Something also suddenly sprang out of his body or form, something that reminded him further of what he was.

Pain.

"Fu-----ck......" He groaned as a dull aching and a sharp-pain sprang up just behind his eyes. His eyes? Oh, he still had them closed. He quickly opened them, as the pain served as a close reminder as to what his form was. Pain was usually the best indicator for such things.
A roof. It looked like a metal of some sort, not that he ha ever seen it before. He didn't really remember seeing anything. The room was lit-up by what looked like a square opening on to the right. Among the patter of the rain he heard some other voices that could barely be heard. He did not know what the sounds meant and didn't really care he felt too exhausted to really care. He looked down at the body from which the ache was resounding. This...was his body, he'd suddenly remembered more or less due to the pain and his eyes. Looking down, he noticed what he was wearing. Rags of some sort, no, not rags, it was called a duster....and those were boots, the kind used to hike long distances. His brain proceeded to remind him of this information and frankly it was making his head-ache worse.

"Just...*groan* fuckin stop...." He complained to himself. He would have been slightly amazed at the sound of his voice, which was rough and sharp, like glass shards. But the head-ache, was preventing him from givin a shit about his current situation. A migraine it was called. Without thinking or looking [he had unnoticed put his hand to his temples] he slowly got to his feet. there was the clatter of boots on wood, as well as cloth rustling. He felt the weight of his clothing on his body, as well as something else. The head-ache was starting to slightly ebb away, affording Stucco a bit more focus. Pausing for a second he removed his hand from his temple, realizing it was his hand. He stared at it for a moment. It was brown and rough, and...didn't really feel like it was a "hand". Oh right, that was because his hand was inside of this "second-hand". He mentally shrugged off this astounding discovery. He felt a number of things wrong with himself, namely the fact that he should know what all of this means...but he couldn't remember why or what. What he did remember though, was that he didn't give a shit, since he felt like shit.

A sudden far off sound perked his ears, he turned his head in the direction of the sound, among the loud-pattering of the rain. Looking out the window, he instinctually ducked to the side of the window, looking out on it. Instinct? He paused for a second slightly confused at the automatic movement. Shaking his head he peered out the window. noticing that above his vision was a half-circle of some sort....it probably had something to do with the weight he felt on his head. No matter, he felt cautious for some reason, probably due to the voices he heard outside. Something in the back of his mind told him it was "Shack" he was in, whatever that meant he didn't know or care at the moment. All he'd do for now is keep his ears open for those voices, as he stared out of the window from the side. He calmly did a scan of the room he was in: there was a cloth of some sort bundled in the corner, as well as a leather-looking bag next to it, and what looked like a metal-pole. There was also an old looking wooden-door, of which he could see the ground in the crack under it, there was water pooling on the ground outside. There was no light besides the light of the window he was hiding near. Turning his attention back to the voices...he waited, an urgent sense of...something telling him to be on edge. Whatever it was he decided it knew better then he did at the moment, because at the moment he did not understand anything...

Postby Maru » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:11 am

-X-CROCHET-X-

"Eee!" Crochet blushed for two reasons. One was because she was suddenly being pulled by Toffee for whatever reason there was (she hadn't been paying attention). The other was the weird squeal she'd just let out. Then she saw their hands clasped... Reason Number Three. "U-Um, What're we doing now?" she called out to her now-developing friend.
My DA
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Khanman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:33 pm

For a moment, all of Potpourri's energy was focused on remaining concealed. It saw their reactions through its one eye, and it heard them, somehow. The fact that Potpourri could pick out words being formed, and then understand their meaning, disturbed it. Could it only understand things said through these words?

However, as soon as Shindig described it, Potpourri broke down. "It's hungry? I'm hungry?! I must devote myself to sustenance if I want to survive?! I WANT TO SURVIVE!?!" Potpourri felt itself get weaker with each revelation about itself, and its frustration grew with each weakness. Now it had an objective, and only a finite number of ways to complete that objective, and some things could become obstacles in its path to complete the objective . . . Existence was suddenly much more difficult.

Potpourri let forth a high-pitched shriek as the others began to flee. They were the ones that had characterized it, pointed out its terrible failing. Potpourri's first inclination was to follow them, to hunt them down and make sure they never saw anything again. A moment before it flung itself out of the tree, a second thought struck it. Instead, it should itself flee, and make sure it was never seen again. Potpourri considered both of these options and, wanting to avoid the biases of both anger and fear, did neither. Instead, it decided to find something to eat. It wouldn't stray too far from the others, so that it could decide how to deal with them later, but for now it had other things to worry about. Primarily, what it could digest. Potpourri slunk out of the tree and further into the dark forest.

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:37 pm

Snapple ~ Taste the Rainbow

The large beast that Snapple began to shape up to be looked at the tree-hugging figure that was Potpourri. It was put on edge as Toffee began to suggest they run. Due to its apparent large size and legs not well adapted to running, however, Snapple stayed put. It then noticed that the figure in the tree began to slink away.

"It's nothing to be worried about" Snapple called out toward Toffee. "Let's continue along though, in case it comes back and we find out it is in fact something we should be afraid of." With that, Snapple began lumbering forward once again down the path set out before the group.

Postby Villain » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:52 pm

Frisbee
Eating cake, like a boss

Hearing the furry girls repeated screams, Frisbee stays puzzled trying to put two and two together. Finally, his wits catch up to him and he realizes what had happened. Getting up, he walks closer to Screamer (As Frisbee has now dubbed her) , and plops down onto the ground after saying "Sorry for scaring you, I didn't mean it really." He began feeling something, what was the word? As if he did something bad...Guilt, that was a suitable word for the feeling. For scaring Screamer.

Now with his hind on the grass, looking up at the sky and occasionally glancing at Screamer, he saw something dash across the sky. A bolt of lightning pierced the clouds and roared out with thunder, causing Frisbee to flinch and recoil only to realize he was unharmed. Just like that, a drop of rain landed onto his hand, moving his helmet closer he inspects the droplet, and to his surprise he finds that several thousand more droplets were falling from the sky. Despite the water pouring down onto him his grime did not come off, instead he seemed to be dirtying the water, creating mold where his hand touched the water on the ground.

Feeling the ground around him he notices the dirt turn softer and squishier, more... Fun. Taking two hands full he slaps them together in front of him, and begins to craft his perfect mud cake via slapping on more mudding, taking of mud, and molding it with his hands in a variety of ways. Finally after some time of work (And most likely important things happening in the background, like the growling sound) and craftsmanship the cake was done. Taking a scrape of the top of the cake he opens up his helmets visor and eats it wih whatever he had for a mouth. BEST. THING. EVER. Well, second best when compared to words, but it was the best physical thing Frisbee had ever experienced. Picking it up he devised an ingenious plan, Keeping his visor open he stands up near Screamer, and presents the cake as a gift; holding it in both hands, arm outstretched, and pieces of the mud sliding of from the side as Frisbee smiles wide and warm. "For you, to make you feel better."

Obviously that's what screaming furry people need to make themselves less scared: mud cakes.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Previous

Return to Role Playing