Persona: Chirality - Welcome to the Velvet Room

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Persona: Chirality - Welcome to the Velvet Room

Postby Tsurugi » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:33 pm

~ Mirror World, the Supply House ~

"Eh?" Hane reflexively replied, as he looked to Kitano, "Man, you just don't appreciate these kind of things, I guess," he added as he processed all that his schoolmate said. Hane laughed only for a second as his tipped his head back, his nose slightly upturned in an arrogant pose with his knife-wielding hand offering up the blade for a better view. "The three-set of these knives I have at home cost me a good 5000 yen online, and they did not come as balanced as these are... these are the real deal, pal."

He flipped the knife around in his palm so that the tip faced himself before dropping his hand back to the pouch it came from, "I guess you have to be me to get it." He laughed again as he began to fasten the throwing belt over his shoulder, much like that of a bandolero.

"Oh, and just to let you know, I am not acting, dude, I am this way. And that is why the ladies all love me and the guys all want to be me. You can be jealous if that will make you feel any better. I can even offer lessons on awesome, if you have the cash for classes... and class." The mention of money seemed to liven his whole demeanor. He shot Kitano another look of confidence accompanied with a devilish grin, his eyes just peering out over the top of his too-cool-for-you sunglasses.

It was in that moment that he noted Taro out of the corner of his vision. His gaze shifted and his smug face slackened at the sight of the obviously troubled lad. "Huh, wonder what's up with Danger-kun..." he said, more of an out loud thought than any real point of conversation.
A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~Laozi

Postby Cascade » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:07 pm

"..."
A dark aura seemed to rise from Hibiki, who was resting against a wall, arms crossed around her shakujo. It seemed to spike when Hane said "the ladies all love me." If he saw her glaring at him, surely the self-important young man would misunderstand...

Granted, she wasn't much more partial to the bare-fisted ape who seemed to eschew weapons at the demand of the vacuum where his common sense should have been. Humans were frail, short-lived creatures who needed to use tools to survive against stronger enemies. Weapons were nothing more than an extension of the physical force a human could exert. And in her case, a focus for her sharpened mind. Without her necessary prop, her star performance could never achieve perfection.

She'd been relatively quiet since the fight ended. After the display of power from Kazuo, she'd been almost singlemindedly focused on him. Her stare was cold and her expression stony, and she always kept a measure of distance between herself and the boys, but still Hibiki seemed fixated with him. Why was a novice able to manifest such prodigious ability? Of all those who had gathered, Hibiki's spiritual sensitivity was possibly the highest. Something was... odd about him. Different than the others. It was like staring into a void that filled with light without warning. Hibiki attempted to find shunyata as a way to allow En no Gyouja in, but even with the measured, unenthusiastic praise she managed to tear out of her relatives, she still had not attained the true sense of emptiness necessary to fully epitomize the title of Godlike Skill. Neither in purging Shadows nor on the Noh stage.

Kazuo's emptiness rivaled hers, and he was confident in how he wielded it. Too confident. Surely it was due to ignorance of what lay beyond this precipice of power he'd attained. But what lay within him was the sublime talent that had graced her family. Little did Hibiki know just how unique Kazuo's power really was.

"'Tis nothing more than a flame flickering in the wind. He will need instruction."

She turned to Hitomi, who seemed uncomfortable with the weapons store. Hibiki herself had only bought a slashproof vest there one time. She had disassembled it and layered it within her "combat uniform," some mundane clothes she currently wore when hunting the youma. The majority of tools there were too undistinguished for someone of her breeding to use.

"I understand that you are ill at ease here. But this side of the mirror is not the soft, kind world that you know." She bowed her head, closing her eyes momentarily.
"Indeed, 'tis not only Shadows you and I must be wary of."
FUKKATSU

Postby Hana » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:27 pm

~ Velvet Room ~

"You have seen many Personae summoned by now, young Fool. You may have noticed that each Persona may be classified into one of the Major Arcana of the Tarot," the squat man with the large nose said, tapping at the deck of cards that lay upon the table before him. "The Fool, the one who begins the Journey, is a special Arcana. Your mind is open, your soul a wider field than others' souls. While any other Arcana has only one Persona, your heart is a branching road that can embrace many Personae."

"Here," Kaoru offered, holding a card out to him: Magician, the first of the cards after the Fool, bearing the same Roman Numeral I as had her summoning before.

Satoko sidled up to Taro, bending at the waist to look up at his face, her own face drawn into an expression of pity. "Ugh. you look like crap."

She straightened and shoved her hand into a pocket on the side of her pants, then offered him what looked like a piece of candy, wrapped in a waxy blue paper that had the words Soul Drop imprinted on it in silvery lettering. "Here," she said, "this'll help. Going up against Shadows can be really draining at first, but you'll get used to it."
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Dorian » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:19 am

~ Velvet Room ~

Kazuo tried to soak in the words the strange, long-nosed man uttered but there wasn't much sense to be made from them. An open mind? A wider soul? A heart with a branching road? It certainly sounded like words a fake, Tarot-wielding fortune teller might shower an unsuspecting victim with in an attempt to sound mystical, but Kazuo was inclined to believe this one. How could he not? After all, the things he had seen today... The things he had done.

Asking what these things meant exactly was likely a pointless endeavor. There probably wasn't any explanation that would be satisfactory, just like if he tried to explain how he knew how to summon a Persona when the time was right. There was only one fact now and it stood out quite plain admist the vague sayings.

Kaoru had been mostly silent until now, her outstretched hand offering him a card which he instantly recognized as the same sort of card which they used to invoke their Personae. As soon as he grasped it, the feeling he got when he first summoned Perseus came rushing back. The icon of the Magician card turned into the image of a small winged girl, and once again he had that unexplainable knowledge of her name. Pixie. Very different from Perseus, that was for sure, and potentially quite useful. It seems like Igor hadn't lied. He could use multiple Personae, and if he could take advantage of that ability he would. Anything that could keep the rest of his classmates safe and possibly save the Mirror World. The card faded into a blue mist, which seeped into his body as if it had always been a part of him.

"I'm not sure how I'm any different from the others, so I'll have to take your word for it... So what's the next step on this journey?"
Kazuo finally spoke up, smiling slightly as if to pretend this all still didn't freak him out a bit.
Last edited by Dorian on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Never asked for this

Postby BobSagat » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:26 pm

Kitano was being remarkably patient or so he told himself. It was incredible that he hadn't brutalized the pretty boy for so long. Still Kitano couldn't help but wonder how many times he would have to slam the pretty boy into the ground before his face fell off?

Kitano's teeth were clenched tight and he could feel the Bad Blood pumping in him. Surging through his head and pounding like a rally for war.

Slowly, but surely, Kitano breathed. The Bad Blood's beat disappeared. He swallowed his anger and let it fade off in his stomach. This was a bad enough situation without having to fight his schoolmates - no matter how irritating they might be. And if Kitano didn't control it the Bad Blood would start pumping and then anything could happen.

"Whatever," Kitano growled at Hane, his demeanor not improved despite his calming.

Kitano turned to the doorway where Kazuo and his twin had left and yelled, "Hey! Kazuo and Not-Kazuo! Plan on filling the rest of us in on what's gonna happen now?!"
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Ryute » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:16 am

((So sorry for the delay))

~Supply Center~

Hitomi’s mind wandered as she stood there waiting for everyone to finish. For some reason the fear she felt when helping with the recent shadow attack keep flashing in her mind. She felt something similar but that was a long time ago. An image of foreign blood all over her body accompanied by screams of anguish began to fill the recesses of her mind. She thought she had forgotten all about that day thinking it was wiped from her memory. Yet ever since she awakened to her Persona and was in a fight was those shadows, the forgotten memories started to appear again and in as much clarity as if that event just occurred in the present. It caused her some distress as she tried to forget what happened on that fateful day.

She finally snapped out of her thoughts when Hibiki came up to her and explained that this was the reality of the mirror world. Constant shadow attacks required a market for self-defense weaponry and armor that the residents needed for their daily lives. She replied, “I couldn’t imagine living in a world like this…You’re really strong and brave Tenkyouin-san. I don’t think I could ever handle things the way you do.” She smiled weakly trying to find some happiness in this situation.

Suddenly Kitano started shouting for Kazou and Kaoru. He seemed to want to fight some more and that left a bad taste in her mouth. “Why don’t you calm down you brute…” she mumbled softly to herself. Yet Kitano did have a point they spend a while in the store and was starting to worry about Kazou, if only a bit. She worryingly asked Hibiki, “So…Tenkyouin-san…what’s going to happen from here on? Will we ever be allowed to go back to our own world?”

Postby Cascade » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Hibiki brushed her hair back over her shoulder gracefully. Her response to Hitomi's praise was a bit robotic, as if she had been praised in such a way many times before, appreciative, but a little uncomfortable.
"Were this one so capable, we should not want for anything. Such is not the case. Hibiki is merely a performer." Even then she was acting, for she did not know any other way.

She did however smile and pet Hitomi on the head comfortingly.
"Have courage though. This one will do her utmost to ensure you return safely to your side of the mirror. Furthermore, my allies already have such methods to ensure the path remains open. She glanced a bit knowingly at Satoko as she took the Soul Drop and stowed it away in a pocket.
FUKKATSU

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:38 pm

*Supply House*

Taro accepted the candy and popped it in his mouth. He grimaced "Man, this candy sucks." He swallowed, blinked, and immediately looked better. He stood up and shivered "Wow, that thing may have tasted terrible but it sure helped." He looked at the wrapper "Soul drop, huh... wait, no, I'm not going to get used to anything around here. Once we get back, I'm going home and forgetting that any of this ever happened. I am not a warrior and have no intention of being one."
Last edited by Geomancer on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Dorian » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:02 am

~ Velvet Room ~

Igor gave an almost inhuman grin at Kazuo's inquiry. There was no doubt that he was a perfect allegory for The Fool, beginning his unknowably immense quest.

"Our duty is to provide assistance to our Velvet Room guests, however we cannot give you the answers. You must discover them on your own. Your destiny will require you to hone your power, and for that, you will inevitably require our help."

"In your daily life you subconsciously heard the call to awaken, and you chose to follow the destiny of your inner voice. Whether you realize it or not, you have been entered into a contract. Only those who have entered into the contract may enter this room." Aston added with a rather flirtatious smirk in Kazuo's direction.

"There is but one price for our assistance... You must abide by your contract and assume responsibility for all decisions you may make..." Igor continued, still grinning eerily.

The third-year student was rather perplexed at the odd man's continuously vague wordings. Of course he'd have to assume responsibility for his actions. That was just life.

"Yeahhh... I don't really get it." Kazuo replied bluntly.

"You will. In time." Igor entwined his fingers under his nose, as if Kazuo's confusion was precisely what he expected. "Take this."

Igor's words were quickly followed by Aston producing a fancy looking key seemingly out of nowhere, happily placing it in Kazuo's hand and making an effort to help close his fingers over it with a smile.

"From this night forth, you are our guest in this Velvet Room. You will know when it is time for you to return... Until then, return to your friends. Would not want to worry them, now would we?"

Kazuo pocketed the key and stood up from the seat, feeling a bit awkward yet... relieved after the talk. Perhaps just knowing that at least one person out there understood what the hell was going on calmed his nerves a bit.

"All right well.. uh, take it easy..." He chuckled a bit before letting Kaoru guide him out. Throughout the meeting with Igor, Kazuo never felt like he had to ask how he could remove or forget about his power. If anything it justified having it even more. Of course, he still had no real idea what the next step was.

"Well.. that was confusing, but somehow I feel better knowing we have at least some help..." Kazuo glanced in Karou's direction. "Multiple Personas, huh? And only we have that ability? How many do you have...?"
Never asked for this

Postby Hana » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:06 pm

Kazuo and Kaoru stepped through the door-shaped rent between the worlds and came once again into the empty cafeteria area.

"Three, at the moment. I'm told as your will gets stronger, you can summon even more, but I haven't been able to go higher than three at a time yet," his other self mused.

It was then that they heard Kitano's yell, muffled to incomprehensibility by the walls and distance between them. Apparently, time moved differently inside the music box room.

"I think we've been missed," Kaoru said, starting back toward the room with all the weapons, although a faint blush did burn her cheeks at the memory of what Kazuo had said when she'd led him away from the group. She raised a hand, hiding a cough to cover her embarrassment, and stood out of the way as she held open the door to the room the others were in. "Here..."

Inside the room, Satoko patted Taro's arm with a smile as the candy took its effect, then frowned softly at the rest of his reaction. She adjusted her glasses on the bridge of her nose and turned to the blind girl with a little sigh.

"I tried to explain this earlier, but you, collectively, were not very cooperative," she started, with all the annoyance and derision of a scientist whose theories had been completely ignored by the community as a whole. "To open the conduit between worlds, a link must be established within close proximity. In other words, two beings with the same potential must be in the same place, if you will, at the same time." She lifted a hand with one finger raised to forestall questions as she went on, adjusting her glasses again as she spoke. "If my theory is correct, certain corresponding members of this collective group will have similar potential--Personae--and certain other members will have different potentials, rendering them invalid for establishing the link between worlds. In summation, the only members of our retinue that have such an ability would be the girl you left behind and myself, and Kaoru and your Kazuo. I am sure that you will find the classification of Personae to be different in all other pairs of this group."
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:29 pm

*Supply House*

After listening to those words and processing them, panic planted a seed in Taro's mind. Worry wandered over and began to water it. "You're telling me that someone has to be on the other side to open a passage? But we are all on this side. Does that mean there is no way back?" The strain was evident in his voice but, thankfully, he was holding it back for now.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby BobSagat » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:39 am

"Idiot." Kitano grumbled as he turned his glare towards Taro, "We did leave someone behind. That first year girl. Emi or something." This Taro kid was so pathetic Kitano almost forgot to be angry, "Just calm down already. There's no point in panicking. Besides..." Kitano turned his stare to Satoko, "I'm sure Satoko here wants to keep us safe for whatever plan they've got in store for us. Care to reveal that little tidbit of information anytime soon?
2pro

Postby Tsurugi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:20 pm

"Huh," Hane huffed to himself quietly. He, much like Taro, neglected to remember that someone was left behind when they were all taken to this place. Better try to be more observant, he thought to himself, one slip up could be the end of me... and wouldn't that just be a shame?.

He brought himself out of his head and back into the conversation at hand, "Yeah, if all of you have some kinda plan, you should toss it out now. I hate secrets." He put his hands at his hips and stretched; he managed a serious look despite his nonchalant face.
A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~Laozi

Postby Ryute » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:14 pm

~Mirror World Supply House~

The blind girl blushed bright red when she was petted on the head like a child. Her face looked to express a message of ‘Hey I’m not a child don’t do that!’ but the words did not reach her lips. For some reason though the embarrassment made her feel happy for the first time since the ordeal started. Like there was some glimmer of hope that everything would be alright.“Thank you very much Tenkyouin-san… you’re such a nice person. I wish I could see what you look like but I think it’s more fun to imagine what you look like more.” Hitomi said giggling at the end of her statement, smiling a bit.

It seemed that the missing persons have returned to the group in time for a lecture from Satoko. Hitomi was glad that Kazou and Kaoru were back, sighing in relief. She wondered for a bit what they would be doing away from the group for so long but shook her head to dispel the weird thoughts in her mind. Walking closer to everyone to join in the conversation she added in a curious tone, “So…what are we going to do next? I want to get away from these weapons as soon as possible.”

Postby Dorian » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:50 am

Kazuo nodded as his counterpart explained her ability to currently use three Personas. Personae? He still was unsure on how to pluralize that word, and he'd likely never know.

Using one was stressful enough, and the others were apparently limited to that. Would he even be able to handle it? Either way, the only thing stopping him from obsessing over the entire concept was realizing he still had to return to the group and couldn't tell them about what he saw. He understood the reasoning. Describing it would be difficult and the last thing he wanted to do was explain how he was "special".

He was able to catch Koaru's slight blush, despite her attempt to hide it. Perhaps his joke earlier had lingered a bit too long in her mind. However they had been gone long enough to where he was now slightly worried the others might actually get the wrong idea. Well that was their fault, and it was really the least of their concerns at the moment.

The pair returned to the supply house in time to hear Taro obviously getting extremely worried and Kitano being less-than-reassuring. A pattern seemed to be forming...

Everyone seemed to be eager for a "plan" and Kazuo really had no answers at this point. He didn't know this world at all, but he hated just looking at the residents and hoping they knew what to do. For now, he decided to voice his concerns about something else.

"We've left Fuwa-chan on the other side by herself for entirely too long now. I'd be shocked if she was still there... Perhaps we should make sure we can even still get home at this point, and at least let her know just what's going on. It's not fair to leave her in the dark...

Then we can decide who even wants to come back. After all, no one is forcing this on us.. I've made up my mind. I'm going to help. I won't blame anyone for backing out, though. This place isn't safe..."
Never asked for this

Postby Cascade » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:22 am

~Mirror World - Supply House~
As Hitomi posed her question about their next course of action, Hibiki noticed Kazuo's return. Truthfully, he seemed like the only real boy there. She'd already filtered out the mouse, ape and preening bird for the time being. Though she disliked it, his absence left a gap in the atmosphere of the group that Hibiki found distasteful. Without him their odds in another attack would be less favorable, and he seemed the most level-headed of the others. The motley crew seemed at least marginally inclined to listen to him as well, so Kazuo centered the others as well as any of them could.

Still, Hibiki was skeptical of exactly how useful any of them were. Even Hitomi, kind as she was and the only girl amongst them, was sorely lacking in experience, and the mirror world was an unknown frontier to her, same as the others. Kazuo was the only one who seemed to have near the level of control over his other self she'd come to expect from her allies, and he was still untested and reckless. Hibiki had from the start found it odd the two resembled each other so much, but even more strange that Kazuo had latent mastery of their ability. He was a suspicious, problematic character, but one who could prove useful if his skills were sharpened.

More importantly, the redness in Kaoru's face put Hibiki on guard immediately. Had he done something licentious to her? Men were wolves, after all.

Hibiki normally emoted so little that even her "glare" was devoid of blatant hostility, but she did stare at Kazuo more sharply than before. He declared that he was going to aid them. It didn't surprise her. That was the problem.

"...You have no reason to fight. For what reason do you cast your lot with us?"

At first, it seemed like she was indirectly spurning the outsiders again, saying she wanted them gone without saying it. But although she questioned him, Hibiki had the perfect poker face. The look in her eyes was too ambiguous. They scrutinized him for signs of what might have happened in the short while Kazuo and Kaoru were gone to give him such resolve.

Either Kazuo was a reckless fool with no understanding of the stakes they played for, or there was nothing on the other side to keep him there. Such was her reasoning, but she couldn't help but imagine something more. What had changed within Kazuo while he was gone?
FUKKATSU

Postby Geomancer » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Taro glared at Kitano "Just because she is back there doesn't guarantee we have a way home. What if those... things get to her?" He quieted down when Kazuo spoke and seemed to wrestle with something before raising his hand. "Hey, I'm all for going home. If this isn't going to effect us if we leave and will probably kill us, by the state of this place, if we stay, I have no idea why we should stay."

GMancer

Postby Dorian » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:22 pm

Kazuo glanced in Hibiki's direction. The formal woman had posed a question that he wasn't sure how to answer. At least not in the way she'd accept. She was cold and logical, so his acting on emotion was probably a foreign concept to her. In a way it seemed so obvious why he'd want to help. The world was devastated, and probably not far from being annihilated entirely. Wasn't wanting no one else to die enough?

But there was another reason. One he didn't even want to admit to even himself. His inaction had failed to save someone once before... This was the redemption his soul craved. It was selfish.

The dark-haired student sighed in contemplation before turning fully toward Hibiki, smiling slightly. "I have my reasons. Besides... It's not every day you get a chance to help save a world. Just because it isn't mine doesn't mean it's not important. I'd also be lying if using my power today didn't feel good..."

He let his smile fade as he continued. "But don't worry. I'm aware this isn't a game. If, at any point, you think I'll be a liability, you can tell me to leave and I will." As he said this, he glanced back at Kaoru, almost as if he was asking her permission to stay.
Never asked for this

Postby Hana » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:12 pm

~Mirror World - Supply House~

"Actually, I don't think you have to worry about that...The probability of finding another pair with the same Personae in the same location is...slim. The only reason any of this is happening is because of Harlequin and her tricks," Satoko piped up, her upraised finger pointed mostly in Taro's direction. "Not that it's impossible, but...It's improbable, to say the least."

Kaoru was silent, watching Kazuo with a strange expression on her face for a moment--a mixture of surprise, gratitude, wariness, and...something else. She let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding, and moved to hold a hand out in front of Satoko to cut off any further 'scientific' explanations.

"Thank you," she said to Kazuo, a faint hint of a smile ghosting across her features. She glanced to Satoko, an unasked question on her face, at which the empirically-minded girl blinked, then put her finger to her mouth in thought.

"We need some sort of system...You'll need to ask that other girl if she's willing to, well...play doorman? Hm. Nevertheless, c'mon. Now that you're armed, we can go back without fear."
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby BobSagat » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Kitano considered for a moment that there wasn't some other ulterior motive coming from these... copies.

It was certainly true that the Shadows they had encountered were of an unspeakable evil. Kitano was certainly not the type to judge by appearances, but nothing had struck Kitano with so much disgust as those things. The way they acted, the sense of desperate hunger they seemed to exude, Kitano grimaced at the thought.

Doppelgangers were untrustworthy if only for the fact that they represented impostors, someone trying to steal the original's identity. These mirror world people posed that threat, but... that was only judging by apperances... there was no actual harm in mere possibility.

If they wanted Kitano's help in fighting evil, how could he refuse?

"I'll return as well. I'll fight these demons." Kitano paused for a moment and addressed Kaoru earnestly, "I was unfairly suspicious of you. I'm sorry." Kitano looked towards the rest of the mirror world denizens and frowned as he spoke with reluctant formality, "If you have no hidden agendas and are truly fighting these monsters, then I cannot simply stand by and do nothing. I'll stand by you... uh..." Kitano lost some of his intensity as he tried to find a word that wouldn't offend anyone, "Um. Our counterparts."

The delinquent thought about bowing for emphasis, but settled for just his usual glare of determination.
2pro

Postby Hana » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:23 pm

~ Mirror World - Supply House ~

Kaoru was quiet for a moment as Kitano spoke to her, but his words seemed to warm her, and she offered him a smile.

"Thank you. Come on. Let's get you guys home..."

~ Mirror World - Shopping District ~

The trip back to where they'd entered this world was uneventful, and Satoko scribbled in a small notebook the entire way. When they arrived, the bank of windows--covered in a layer of grime and dust on this side--shimmered like the disturbed surface of a small pond, and then the faint image of Emi came into focus on the other side.

As the visitors stepped through, back to their own world, Satoko approached Kaoru and pressed folded sheets torn from her notebook into the Fool girl's grasp. "Here. Give these to her," she said, and then without waiting for Kaoru's answer, moved to shove the surprised girl through into the still-wavering portal, then looked to Hibiki. "Well? Here's your chance to see what it's like on the other side...What are you waiting for? Don't forget to take notes!"

~ Real World - Shopping District ~

"S-Satoko!" Kaoru sputtered as she staggered forward out of the liquid-like wall of glass, still stunned at the scarred girl's bold action.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Cascade » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:19 am

For a moment she stared expressionlessly at Kazuo, her thoughts uncertain.
".... That's your answer."
Rather than questioning, it seemed as if she was stating the words to herself, to affirm that he was speaking the truth. The possibility that she didn't believe him existed, but so long as Hibiki stayed quiet, it would never be certain. She brushed her hair aside and turned away, dramatic as typical.

When Satoko got Hibiki's attention and prodded her to go through, Hibiki seemed startled... or as startled as she was capable of being when not deliberately acting.
"... This one should have no such interest in the other world." But even as she said those words, she was already walking slowly towards the mirrors, as if in a trance. She could feel her desire drawing her closer to the dusty wall of glass, her sense of wonder triggering an irrational chain reaction. A conscious longing to do something for herself was alien to her, so Hibiki didn't recognize curiosity for what it was.

She reached out and dipped a finger into the portal. The feeling was unnerving, something solid and cold and yet fluid at the same time. It rippled as Hibiki extended more and more of her arm through; though her face was emotionless, it almost seemed as if she was hesitating. That didn't last however, as the force of the dimension-ripping glass wall tugged her through with a startled gasp.
FUKKATSU

Postby BobSagat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:16 pm

Kitano went through the portal.

But he'd be back.
2pro

Postby Geomancer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:35 pm

*Portal*

Taro hesitated. Sure, they told them it was a way home but what if it wasn't. He teetered on the edge before walking through. As he entered, he took one last look at the world he was leaving and, despite his self-preservation instincts, felt a pang of guilt. This was still a world filled with people as human as he was. Just leaving them like this, despite his fear, didn't feel right. Then he passed through.

*Real World*

Taro breathed a sigh of relief and almost collapsed as he saw the world around him. This world he knew. He wandered over to a building and slid down, leaning on the wall on the way down. "We're home..."

GMancer

Postby Dorian » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:10 am

Kazuo returned the smile his mirror had given him with the addition of a slight nod. He was relieved that she accepted his help, instead of being skeptical like Hibiki. The formal girl had made a statement suggesting maybe she didn't believe him, so he could only shrug in response. The only way he was going to convince her of his genuine interest in helping was to act on it.

The most surprising comment, however, came from Kitano. Not only did he volunteer his assistance, but his apology for his earlier distrust was actually rather heartwarming. Kazuo grinned wider as he grasped the katana from before and rested it upon his shoulder. Things were looking up, at least in his opinion...

As they returned to the alternate shopping district, Sakoto made mention of talking Fuwa into essentially playing their doorman, which sounded a bit ridiculous. If she was even still there, how was he possibly going to convince this girl he barely knew to just stand around for hours on end alone while they fought in an alternate dimension? He considered voicing these questions aloud but the short girl seemed to be invested in her notebook.

Kazuo turned his attention to the window they had arrived in and let out a sigh of relief when Emi seemed to still be present on the other side. Had she been gone, they really might have been stuck there... Despite that concern, he waited until the others returned through before going himself. If something happened before they could all get through, he didn't want whoever got left behind to be trapped alone. What he didn't expect, however, was Sakoto literally pushing Koaru through the gate, and Hibiki apparently following willingly.

"Well... This'll be interesting..."

~ Real World - Shopping District ~

Kazuo appeared on the other side in time to grasp his counterpart by the shoulder in an effort to stop her from tumbling onto her face. Afterwards he took a moment to verify that they were indeed back home. He had tried to hide it earlier, but he had genuine concern that they might not be able to get back while they were on the other side. But thankfully they had arrived safely back in their own shopping district. Though it still held some eeriness in the dead of night...

"What are you guys doing? Don't they need you to stay back there? Besides, we're just high school students. We need to get home. What are we supposed to do... Take you with us...?" He finished with a slight chuckle. Kazuo had to admit his parents and his sister's reactions to Koaru would be interesting to say the least."
Never asked for this

Previous

Return to Role Playing