Mother Cometh

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Mother Cometh

Postby Imosa » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Minnie did remove her left eye, and Nergal said that means Minnie should die, so what was going on there. Minnie is a zombie (type thing) so Minnie did die, so Grim made the choice not to save his own daughter but previously made the choice to save Blossom?

To be fair, Grim wasn't anywhere close enough to do that. Jr reaped her. He kinda killed her.
How did Jr. kill her? Minnie committed suicide. Also why would Jr. reap Minnie at all? I doubt he has the moral rigidity to reap his own sister after she tried to save him. Also how is Grim close enough to do a vast majority of his killings? A person dies like every 2 seconds, yet you practically never see Grim in a hurry. I have always figured that death happens by virtue of Grim's existence and he doesn't personally go to cut off everyone's head (even though sometimes he chooses too as with Coop).

Postby Sodaspirit » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:34 pm

daviso452 wrote:God dammit I bet Askura inspired this Blossom x HIM thing. WTF is up with Blossom x Aku? I mean Demon Lord Maxine has made a good comic, but still. That's just wierd.

BlossomXAku thing i CANNOT understand. Aku is way older than Blossom, which makes him a pedophile right?

Postby Xythius » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:39 pm

Also looks much like our blondie from Sugar Bits encased in shadow.

Postby Sodaspirit » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:42 pm

Xythius wrote:Also looks much like our blondie from Sugar Bits encased in shadow.

I don't think Bleedman would add SB in GT, probably PPGD for now but no SB

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:54 pm

Imosa wrote:How did Jr. kill her?

He assisted in her suicide. And I didn't say he killed her, I said "kinda".

Imosa wrote:Also why would Jr. reap Minnie at all? I doubt he has the moral rigidity to reap his own sister after she tried to save him.

Read the comic. Jr access his Reaper powers at that moment in time, and "Reaps" Minnie as he picks her up.

Imosa wrote:Also how is Grim close enough to do a vast majority of his killings? A person dies like every 2 seconds, yet you practically never see Grim in a hurry.

He plans very well.

Imosa wrote:I have always figured that death happens by virtue of Grim's existence and he doesn't personally go to cut off everyone's head (even though sometimes he chooses too as with Coop).

If we want to get technical about it, you could propose three ideas.
1: Grim has a delegation of power, where there are sorts of "mini-reapers" underneath him to help him carry out his role of being death. He can still work and do what he needs to do, when he wants to.
2: Grim has a limited control over space and time, allowing him to be in places all over the world and his work effectively. Perhaps something like the time turner from Harry Potter.
3: Working with Father time, Grim either is personally selected to take care of certain events, or able to work them all without a problem.

Like how does Santa manage to visit every house in a single night? You're asking a similar question here.

If Death existed just because Grim is there, then what is the need of Jr? Why does Grim need a heir?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:57 pm

Well after being wrong about Raven, I'm not going to make anymore guesseswho it is. I'll just wait.

All I can think of is it's not someone we're not too familiar with. I'd really prefer someone other than a PPG to be the mother.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Imosa » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Imosa wrote:How did Jr. kill her?

He assisted in her suicide. And I didn't say he killed her, I said "kinda".

Imosa wrote:Also why would Jr. reap Minnie at all? I doubt he has the moral rigidity to reap his own sister after she tried to save him.

Read the comic. Jr access his Reaper powers at that moment in time, and "Reaps" Minnie as he picks her up.

Imosa wrote:Also how is Grim close enough to do a vast majority of his killings? A person dies like every 2 seconds, yet you practically never see Grim in a hurry.

He plans very well.

Imosa wrote:I have always figured that death happens by virtue of Grim's existence and he doesn't personally go to cut off everyone's head (even though sometimes he chooses too as with Coop).

If we want to get technical about it, you could propose three ideas.
1: Grim has a delegation of power, where there are sorts of "mini-reapers" underneath him to help him carry out his role of being death. He can still work and do what he needs to do, when he wants to.
2: Grim has a limited control over space and time, allowing him to be in places all over the world and his work effectively. Perhaps something like the time turner from Harry Potter.
3: Working with Father time, Grim either is personally selected to take care of certain events, or able to work them all without a problem.

Like how does Santa manage to visit every house in a single night? You're asking a similar question here.

If Death existed just because Grim is there, then what is the need of Jr? Why does Grim need a heir?
I'm gonna do 1 response per paragraph because I don't feel like messing with the BB code.
Assisted suicide is a joke, if someone commits suicide it means they made the choice to kill themselves. Who or what factors led to that decision is irrelevant.

Excuse me if I can't remember when that specifically happened. Do you mean this? Are we saying that anyone who can remove a soul from a body is a reaper because then that includes Him, apparently.

You can plan as well as you want to, if you've got an appointment at time X, you better be there at time X or you will be late.

Ya I think option 1 there is just fine. Grim doesn't need control over time, that's all CW's domain. They do say that they work together but I have a feeling thats more figurative. "The secrets of evolution are time and death" ~Carl Sagan.

Oh god, I've put way too much thought into that question. For one thing Santa doesn't need to visit every house on the planet. For example I am not visited by Santa Clause, I am visited by the Christ Child.

What do we need Jr. for now (seriously, I hate all of these kids)? My understanding was that he is there for when Grim can no longer do his job, so if Grim only needs to exist to do his job, then Grim just has to stop existing and all of a sudden Jr. has a purpose in life.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:28 pm

Imosa wrote:Oh god, I've put way too much thought into that question.

I know, smart ass.

Imosa wrote:Ya I think option 1 there is just fine.

Agreed.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby kawaiibubbles » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:32 pm

OMG OMG OMG! that has to be blossom!! It just has to be! I can't believe i was thrown through so many loops!
Aren't i just the cutest at that age? it's so good to be young!
Teehee

Postby gaztasterofpork » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:03 am

It most likely seems like Blossom *shudder* but Bleed likes to mess with us a lot so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it could be any female from Princess Bubblegum to Kim Possible.

Postby Gato » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:23 am

I think a big factor that's being overlooked here is that Mimi and her Mother have power. Power that is separate from Him's. Mimi used it to call out to her mother. From this we can narrow our guesses a little to exclude human characters, as, unless her mother is indeed the traitor who has made a deal with Him for said power, cannot feasibly be Mimi's mother in this situation.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby dekoanime » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:29 am

Blossom being the mother is a bit iffy.
Mimi has red eyes, Blossom has pink eyes.

Maybe Stocking is the mother?
Bleedman has drawn her.
The unknown mother does have long hair and the cuts do look like sword marks.
Just sayin

Postby dekoanime » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:30 am

Or Starfire or Blackfire

Postby A Random Dewd » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:37 am

dekoanime wrote:Or Starfire or Blackfire

This. Is what I was gonna say had I gotten more motivation to post earlier.
Don't question; just accept. It's easier on all of us.

Location: In your sweetest dreams & your worst nightmares. At the same time.

Postby Imosa » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:23 am

Starfire is a no because this was a pink streak and not a green streak. I would love to hear your chain of logic for Starfire.

Blackfire was pretty high on my list until i noticed that that Blackfire has bangs and this woman does not.

Incidentally, is anyone annoyed at how polar the name Blackfire is? "What should we name our daughter?" "Well, she is exactly like our other daughter only her hair is black... we will name her Blackfire, because that wont encourage camp arch enemy status."

Postby Sodaspirit » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:32 am

Imosa wrote:

Starfire is a no because this was a pink streak and not a green streak. I would love to hear your chain of logic for Starfire.

Blackfire was pretty high on my list until i noticed that that Blackfire has bangs and this woman does not.

Incidentally, is anyone annoyed at how polar the name Blackfire is? "What should we name our daughter?" "Well, she is exactly like our other daughter only her hair is black... we will name her Blackfire, because that wont encourage camp arch enemy status."

Now im changin from Blossom to Stocking

Postby lordsameth » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:33 am

It was too tough to continue my lurking.

A lot of people seem to think the pink from the first panel is either a laser beam, or a trail from flying. Look closer. Above it are trails, so the beam is traveling as a whole towards the reader, shot at a diagonal through the shoulder, seemingly from a source above it to behind. Where Mimi is floating, and of course her mom, who we assume shot the attack. It kind of looks like a trail from a sword traveling though him, like a skyward slash from Skyward sword, not a laser beam or a flying trail. She seemed to teleport there (which would make sense if it is who I think it is) and then attack.

Now the color is pink. How many characters do we know who are associated with pink powers? I can only think of one cartoon network character shooting a beam like that, and she actually does it that way in an episode. Anyone else think is might be    Gwen 10    or am I out of my tree? I don't really watch the show at all so I don't really know enough to make a for sure prediction, but I feel there is a more solid foundation for it than it being Blossom. Anyone else?

Postby zwordsman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:48 am

Who's stocking?

Also, question as i can't remember.. Is it stated HIM is her actual bio father? I could pretty much see HIM kidnapping and declaring himself as a father..

sidenote, It would be pretty weird if it was Princess from PPG's. She has those super suits, and I could see a few other things...

I hope it wasn't blossom or something.. I like the level of gritty in this one, rape would add a whole different level though.. I'm not sure why, but someone dying seems less worse for a comic than rape.

I'm looking forward to it.. Not looking forward to Raven's downfall though.

Postby Renku_Walker » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:07 am

Not gonna lie, it would be weird if it was Blossom.
xD I like that Stocking idea, very unlikely but really cool.
And Starfire & Blackfire don't have straight hair.

@lordsameth
O.O That is a thought. She dose has straight hair, and her powers are pink. She can also levitate.

Postby Xi-1 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:37 am

Yes, flying would seem to be a requirement as the mother is doing that right now, and her hair shading indicates anything lighter than black. As well, Gwen has longer hair for the 'Alien Force' and 'Ultimate Alien' seasons even though it seems to taper off even when not in a ponytail, where the mother's end fringe seems straight.

Also, Mimi exists neither Powerpuff powers nor Annodite (or magic, so we can also cover Charmcaster) powers. Not that she has to, but none of her exhibited powers seem to be linked to either Blossom, Gwen, or for that matter Starfire or Blackfire (she produces items from an semi-defined (because she lifted her skirt) Hammerspace). The biggest strike against it being Gwen is that Bleedman has not been using characters from recent CN series (at least in a major capacity).

Which leaves us at square one, waiting for the Big Reveal.

Which, it seems to me, was the whole idea of the entire page.

Stocking, for s/he who asked, is one of two major characters in the Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt parody anime series of, I think, last year. The whole idea was that they were Angels trying to get back into Heaven by earning coins through busting ghosts, only the ghosts and Devils who opposed them were entirely disgusting, and the series as a whole was quite raunchy -- certainly not for kids despite it being, on a general level, a parody of Powerpuff Girls. Whereas Panty was sex-obsessed, Stocking was sweets-obsessed. Their respective (and disrespectful) weapons were the undergarments of their namesakes transformed into guns and swords.
A Page Flipper

Postby sega7 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:20 am

OMG! WAIT What if it's Stocking? Think about it, she was a "traitor" and she's a demon, her hair is THAT long. And look at Mimi she is wearing a pink bow. I think it could be Stocking from Panty and Stocking!
"Can't we all just get along?"
- Rodney King

Postby Sarahbark » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:19 am

@sega7 I think you're right, but until it's proven, I'm just gonna remain nuetral(sp) and pray it ain't Blossom 'cuz THAT would kill my childhood.
There's a plan?
I don't know yet, I haven't finished talking.

Postby Robohero » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:31 am

....Maybe its a dude.

Postby Sycros D4 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:56 am

Say what now?

Postby Renku_Walker » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Robohero wrote:....Maybe its a dude.

xD That is the best thing I've ever heard.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!