Mother Cometh

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Mother Cometh

Postby Imosa » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:37 pm

@SPF: Can you see the difference between Raven and Blossom in relevance to the story? The Teen Titans have never made a serious appearance in the comic until now (maybe a cameo). Raven is not a main hero in this story, even though she is in another.

@Blood Lord: I dunno, I mean when I read his words literally, your right, he never says that they all died. However he makes me think that she did, so I guess that's personal bias. I kinda shudder at the prospect of anyone with Him but if it is Blossom then I'd say your right about wanting to protect people.

Sodaspirit wrote:Yep it's blossom, the hair and lab coat
Does anyone acknowledge my point that Bleedman seems to draw his lab coats with square shoulders and these shoulders are not square?

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:46 pm

I acknowledge that point. The "black" thing created by Raven's powers doesn't help in telling if that's a bare shoulder or a fold.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby SPF » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Imosa wrote:@SPF: Can you see the difference between Raven and Blossom in relevance to the story? The Teen Titans have never made a serious appearance in the comic until now (maybe a cameo). Raven is not a main hero in this story, even though she is in another.

As I said before, Him may have let Blossom live to humilliate her. We must remember that Him's powers rivalize with Grim's. Another theory: it wasn't Blossom's time. Grim only takes the live of the ones whose sand clock gets empty. There are many variables here.
Also, I agree with you in the dark aura issue.
COWA-F*CKING PIECE OF DOG SH*T!!!
-Angry Video Game Nerd

Postby PPGDGTSBCLUB » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:07 pm

I think is
1 Olga
2 Blossom
3 Or a OC
Hmmm.. Im not sure who is Mimi mom but I can wait until we find out who it is :grin:

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:10 pm

How would Olga get up there?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby SPF » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:16 pm

I dunno... Kryptonite? Nah, just kidding =D
-Angry Video Game Nerd

Postby shadownerd221 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:18 pm

So much guessing being made yet so little time to know.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:20 pm

Will you just shut the fuck up about that already? Seriously, if you don't have something useful to say, take it to Spam. If you want to join in though, and come up with ideas and formulate stuff, then dude, welcome to the party.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby SPF » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:20 pm

shadownerd221 wrote:So much guessing being made yet so little time to know.

These guessings are the proof that someone is a fanboy/girl =D

Postby PPGDGTSBCLUB » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:27 pm

I really love grim tales from down below comic book it is awesome !!! :D
Last edited by PPGDGTSBCLUB on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby PPGDGTSBCLUB » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:28 pm

I really wonder who could it be :D
Can wait until the next pages !!!

Postby SPF » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:30 pm

PPGDGTSBCLUB wrote:Im just saying ;)
But I really want to know it is

Ah, no problem. ;) All of us want to know.
-Angry Video Game Nerd

Postby Imosa » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:31 pm

SPF wrote:
Imosa wrote:@SPF: Can you see the difference between Raven and Blossom in relevance to the story? The Teen Titans have never made a serious appearance in the comic until now (maybe a cameo). Raven is not a main hero in this story, even though she is in another.

As I said before, Him may have let Blossom live to humilliate her. We must remember that Him's powers rivalize with Grim's. Another theory: it wasn't Blossom's time. Grim only takes the live of the ones whose sand clock gets empty. There are many variables here.
First of all I don't think it's a good idea to compare Grim and Him's power. Grim's power is a defined and absolute system. When it's their time Grim goes and takes their soul (regardless of what either of those things mean, I think we can be sure of the sentence as a whole).
Second, I wasn't arguing on the conditions under which Blossom lived or died, I'm just asking, can you still think Grim's statement about the heros falling one by one is not truthful if a major hero like Blossom (who is much more of a major hero then Raven) is still alive.

Another way to look at it. Grim has no reason to be misleading with that statement. He's trying to explain the situation to his kids. I'm thinking that it would just be unnecessarily misleading if Grim gave us the impression that he did, and then did not mention that one of the biggest and most important heros was still alive and well.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:33 pm

PPGDGTSBCLUB wrote:I really wonder who could it be :D
Can wait until the next pages !!!
PPGDGTSBCLUB wrote:Im just saying ;)
But I really want to know it is

I know you're new, but please don't double post. Just click on the button on the top right corner of you're post that says "Edit". Then you can keep adding to your post.

Imosa wrote: I'm just asking, can you still think Grim's statement about the heros falling one by one is not truthful if a major hero like Blossom (who is much more of a major hero then Raven).

Yes. I think it is still possible when Grim says that the Heroes are dead, save a ragtag bunch.

Imosa wrote:Another way to look at it. Grim has no reason to be misleading with that statement. He's trying to explain the situation to his kids. I'm thinking that it would just be unnecessarily misleading if Grim gave us the impression that he did, and then did not mention that one of the biggest and most important heros was still alive and well.

He was giving more of a summary of the situation that the world was currently in, rather than a deep history or comprehensive history.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PPGDGTSBCLUB » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:36 pm

im sorry I dint know. I wont do it again

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:37 pm

Nah, its alright. Don't worry yourself about it. We're just telling you now so you know better next time.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PPGDGTSBCLUB » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:42 pm

Hmmm im trying to delete one of the comment that I wrote before :(

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:43 pm

You can't delete it if someone has posted after. I'm sure BR will take care of it though. He's in the section.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby SPF » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Imosa wrote:
SPF wrote:

First of all I don't think it's a good idea to compare Grim and Him's power. Grim's power is a defined and absolute system. When it's their time Grim goes and takes their soul (regardless of what either of those things mean, I think we can be sure of the sentence as a whole).
Second, I wasn't arguing on the conditions under which Blossom lived or died, I'm just asking, can you still think Grim's statement about the heros falling one by one is not truthful if a major hero like Blossom (who is much more of a major hero then Raven) is still alive.

Another way to look at it. Grim has no reason to be misleading with that statement. He's trying to explain the situation to his kids. I'm thinking that it would just be unnecessarily misleading if Grim gave us the impression that he did, and then did not mention that one of the biggest and most important heros was still alive and well.

Do you really think the world can lose Absolutely ALL the major heroes? It's like the Next Avengers movie: Ultron, the villain, says he killed ALL the Avengers, but actually Iron Man, Vision and Hawkeye survived. And just with Iron Man we have enough to show that there will always be one major hero.
And I know: Grim must have known because he is the Grim Reaper. But you must remember that in the original Cartoon many of his victims survived and he never tried to kill them again (example: general Skarr) Finally, it was the bussiest day of all. He could be distracted with the corpses of the others.
Other theory: Grim let Blossom live, so she could fix things. We must remember that, after all, Grim has a heart
-Angry Video Game Nerd

Postby Hiroko » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:06 pm

Imosa wrote:Second, I wasn't arguing on the conditions under which Blossom lived or died, I'm just asking, can you still think Grim's statement about the heros falling one by one is not truthful if a major hero like Blossom (who is much more of a major hero then Raven) is still alive.

Well, here's something else to consider; this is a flashback that took place a couple of years back. Grim may very well mean that the remaining "major heroes" present in this flashback at that moment in time are now dead (including Blossom, if that really is her); therefore, his statement isn't false or misleading so much as depressing as it tells us that all their efforts have been for nothing, something we should already know given Mimi's ultimate fate.
The Sentimental One

Postby SPF » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:12 pm

Hiroko wrote:Well, here's something else to consider; this is a flashback that took place a couple of years back. Grim may very well mean that the remaining "major heroes" present in this flashback at that moment in time are now dead (including Blossom, if that really is her); therefore, his statement isn't false or misleading so much as depressing as it tells us that all their efforts have been for nothing, something we should already know given Mimi's ultimate fate.

Hey, That's actually a good and possible theory!
-Angry Video Game Nerd

Postby Xi-1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:14 pm

Shall we look at the evidence so far?
- very long hair, loose but straight (no big red bow if you get my drift).
- EDIT: from the shading, we can tell that the mother's hair is lighter than Mimi's black. Still a lot of room, but I'd say that eliminated Olga as a possibility.
- some coat that flows
- a pink contrail
Oh, and that's definitely not the usual 'pew' sound a Powerpuff makes when she flies around. As to the guess of a lightsaber activation sound, that is always described as a 'snap-hiss' in the books. We have insufficient evidence for a conclusion at this time.

Also, this comic and PPGD are not related.

ADDED: Grim knows whose souls he's reaped.
Last edited by Xi-1 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Page Flipper

Postby Imosa » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:16 pm

SPF wrote:Do you really think the world can lose Absolutely ALL the major heroes? It's like the Next Avengers movie: Ultron, the villain, says he killed ALL the Avengers, but actually Iron Man, Vision and Hawkeye survived. And just with Iron Man we have enough to show that there will always be one major hero.
And I know: Grim must have known because he is the Grim Reaper. But you must remember that in the original Cartoon many of his victims survived and he never tried to kill them again (example: general Skarr) Finally, it was the bussiest day of all. He could be distracted with the corpses of the others.
Other theory: Grim let Blossom live, so she could fix things. We must remember that, after all, Grim has a heart
Of course the world can louse all the major heros. When I say major heros I'm talking about heros in Magaville that are really relevant to the story, i.e. The PPG, Dexter. I'm not including people like Raven, who, while heros in their own right, don't seem to play pivotal roles in the outcome of anything important.
The cartoon does pose some problems to considering Death to be absolute. Your right people do survive Grim. One example, that also address Grim's heart is Minnie. Minnie did remove her left eye, and Nergal said that means Minnie should die, so what was going on there. Minnie is a zombie (type thing) so Minnie did die, so Grim made the choice not to save his own daughter but previously made the choice to save Blossom? The thing is that we should assume that when people die, Grim takes their soul, and they stay dead, no questions asked AT ALL. If we don't assume that then death becomes meaningless. If we reevaluate Grim saying that the heros fell one by one it means that all the heros are fair game to appear again in some form.

SPF wrote:
Hiroko wrote:Well, here's something else to consider; this is a flashback that took place a couple of years back. Grim may very well mean that the remaining "major heroes" present in this flashback at that moment in time are now dead (including Blossom, if that really is her); therefore, his statement isn't false or misleading so much as depressing as it tells us that all their efforts have been for nothing, something we should already know given Mimi's ultimate fate.

Hey, That's actually a good and possible theory!
Not exactly, depending on how you interpenetrate Grim's speech. His speech looks like it's seting up the scene here, and what we are seeing is the ragtag group that remained. You could look at it as, this being before all the heros fell but that again means that anything is fair game, and we have nothing to work with.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Minnie did remove her left eye, and Nergal said that means Minnie should die, so what was going on there. Minnie is a zombie (type thing) so Minnie did die, so Grim made the choice not to save his own daughter but previously made the choice to save Blossom?

To be fair, Grim wasn't anywhere close enough to do that. Jr reaped her. He kinda killed her.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby daviso452 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:31 pm

God dammit I bet Askura inspired this Blossom x HIM thing. WTF is up with Blossom x Aku? I mean Demon Lord Maxine has made a good comic, but still. That's just wierd.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!