FPRP III OOC: New Beginnings

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: FPRP III: New Beginnings

Postby Garethcool » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:51 am

Chimney sweep: Garethecool: Fissk Amber-eye

Heck yeah! I can't wait to- wait...
Chimney sweep: Garethecool

Goddamnit.
Garethecool

Garethecool

It's my name... and cool. Not "Gare the cool". It's "Gareth cool"
So many people make this mistake I don't even.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:09 am

With a crew this big, hopefully there will be some nocturnal characters to keep Dor company in the dead of night. He doesn't much care for the daytime... Maybe he and Eward can have some long conversations in the wee hours eh?

Postby Geomancer » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:24 am

Or you could get Vin to talk to. Vin cares about normal sleep patterns as much as he cares about personal hygiene and fashion.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Archrival » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:19 am

Innocence Abandoned wrote:With a crew this big, hopefully there will be some nocturnal characters to keep Dor company in the dead of night. He doesn't much care for the daytime... Maybe he and Eward can have some long conversations in the wee hours eh?

This I can gaurentee, Eward doesn't need sleep like most vampires even in the daytime as blood provides all sustenance for him.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:12 pm

Name: Dorian Wilde.

Nickname: Normally Ginger, or Hothead, or something equally rude or mocking or witty. He doesn't care so long as it fits.

Sex: Default seems to be (apparently) male.

Species: Sidhe/human, but due to the rarity of the Sidhe, it is unknown exactly how much of him is Sidhe.

It is unknown how or where the Sidhe originated, the only thing known of them is by the islanders of Brehgar, which is their chosen realm for visiting. Millenia ago, they arrived in their ships, from their tunnels, from their caves, from every point in the land untouched and unwatched by humanity, and they loved this lush land of forests and greenery and the strange beings called Hu-man. They remained apart from humans in general, prefering to watch them with rapt fascination, but you cannot watch something without being watched yourself, and while observing something changes it, the observer changes also. Stories echoed through the ages of ancient heroes, children of the elusive Sidhe and humananity, great warriors, musicians, poets, crafters, scholars, each of them carving their name into history with legends that would echo down the beings of Breghar forever, and as the number of half-shildren grew, the gap between the two races lessened. Human's found themselves walking across parties and celebrations deep in their forests and were welcomed with open arms to dance and laugh and love the night away. Extra tables were set out at each village's festival and banquet, as an invitation to their forest brethren who would come, shyly at first, and marveled at the small children, their alien tools and customs, their songs and stories and strangeness and soon, they would laugh and soon, come alive and spread their joy throughout the community. But, all things must end, and this golden time soon drew to a close.

No one knew why they left but the meetings between them slowly and steadily declined. The beautiful and fair beings that brought grace and goodness to their lives steadily disappeared until they became nothin but legends. A magical race full of mysticality and speciality. Tales were told of their fickle tempers and how many a human had foolishly offended one and paid a price for the rest of his life, sometimes quite a short price, for while these beings were gleeful and kind most of the time and their feelings blossomed throughout the realms, their tempers were just as terrible and powerful as their joys. Making an enemy of a Sidhe was a terrible thing, thankfully rare since they looked upon humanity as children, beings to be given chances and understanding but even the most gentle and loving of creatures can be pushed too far and their judgement was terrible and harsh and after each punishment, humans would shy away from them in fear and there would be a period of seperation as both times let time calm and soothe their wounds. Monsters still walk the realm, small and weak, nightmarish beings that are made of equal parts loathing and regret for the fair Sidhe and their lost lives because of a foolish and petty mistake. Human children were warned by their wise and cautious elders of becoming too close to the Sidhe, for while they smiled and beckoned with open arms and wore a human face with human expressions, they were not us.

Likes: He loves tropes, cliches, drama, works of art and music and great timeless beauty, dancing, singing, laughter, children, magic, trickery, epicness, wittiness, uniqueness, sometimes a dash of philosophy, animals, the sun and the full moon and the darkest night and the crescent smile in the sky. He's the sort of guy optimists love because he really does enjoy life and nearly everything in it.

Dislikes: Dullness, accountants, bursars, emptiness, evil that doesn't play by the rules, anything that defeats or contrasts with his world views and hopes, he hates that.

Appearance: http://atomicfireball.deviantart.com/ar ... 821&qo=143
It was once said that a great beauty must be androgynous, that true beauty lies in androgyny. This sums up Dorian quite well. His slim and gentle build give him quite an attractive feminine look from behind, and frankly he's pretty enough to look like a girl in front too, his voice is too lyrical and bright and clear to signal his sexuality although it possesses a slight Irish accent. The only noticale hint to his manhood would be he's flat as a brick, which really just makes him look cuter it seems. While he's quite thin and slender, there also isn't an ounce of fat on him, just muscle, like an acrobat or gymnist really. Piercing green eyes with a few bright yellow flecks, like a field speckled with buttercups. His clothing is constantly changing from one day to the next, although certain themes can give hints to his mood on that specific day.

He wears blue jeans and a light green shirt, white and red trainers and pink socks. Red stud earrings and bracelets and necklaces with multi-coloured beads. His long hair seems to change colours in the light as it moves, as if it was on fire, a resemblance to the ancient celtic heroes or old, he keeps the end of it braided as a reference to one of the greatest of them, Cu'Caolen, the warrior-poet. It seems to be be subject to his will, clensing itself of dirt and wetness, always keeping out of his eyes, flicking out of an opponents grip as if it was silken thread. Like all red heads, his skin remains slightly pale, despite the constant sunlight he bathes in, but doesn't burn or blemish itself. Smooth and fair.

This is his normal appearance but it is unknown if it is his original one or his preferred one.

Blood Type: B- (partly)

History: He grew up in the lonely forests of Brehgar. He was found wandering by a scavenger travelling through the forest one day, who came across the wailing child, crying out in a strange cry and strange words. When returned to the village, all the villagers gathered round him to see and inspect this poor mite, to marvel at his odd hair and bright eyes, unlike any traits of the members of this little village. Perhaps he was a child of one of the closer villagers, but none of them had this pale skin and fiercy hair either? Each of them was tall and strong with skin of bronze while this little one was weak and slim with skin soft and pink. Was it a changling, come to coo and beguile them while it stole their souls or children? Despite their suspicions, not one of them wished to abandon the child, that just wasn't how they were. So, the matter was raised at the nightly meeting of the elders, whom decided that the child would be raised by them all. Each and every month the child would be rotated around the village, so that the whole village would be his family to make up for his loss. Every mother and father would be his protective parent, every brother and sister would be his steadfast sibling, each grandfather and grandmother would be his encouraging elder. This was how it is and will be, no matter what happens, no matter what he is, no matter what he becomes.

And so, Dorian was raised by them all, formed a connection with every man, child or babe, became a fond, if not precious, member in their hearts and he, in turn, returned their affection tenfold. He was determined to make them proud, to bring them happiness, to show them their kindness was not unappreciated and never would be. He paid special attention to the stories of his elders who delighted in telling such a fascinated listener, each and every one of the stories they could remember their elders telling them, of Du'Deen, the archer who slayed the great sea serpant who claimed the entire countries beachs, of Hu'Hale, the poet who united the tribes together and stopped the civil wars that had threatened to plunge their entire country into death and desolation and of Cu'Caolen, the greatest of them all, blessed child of the Sidhe and loved protector of Brehgar who defended them from the ancient invaders who came in their strange ships with strange weapons, intent on slaughter and slavery.

He learnt their songs and instruments with a frightening speed, only explained by his deep love for the magic of music. Whenever the annual meeting of villagers began, he immediately began to learn all he could from the other villagers' bards and storytellers, their customs and traditions, all he could gleam in the precious time he was given with them. He danced and dranks and brought delight to the celebrations, even just by his presence. He rocked and rhumba'd with the village girls, a glint in both their eyes as they shared that brief perfect moment in the heart and sweat of the beat of the dance, he yo-hoed and cavorted with his fellow men, spilling bear and making trouble with a spring in his step and a glee in his chest and he swept and carried and fed the life of the party amongst his family. He was fourteen, just finished thirteen, and had just finished spending a rather educational night with one of the more determined girls, he'd always remember that steel in Mecka's eye and the way she'd managed to bind him to her side that night, despite his natural flightiness. They hadn't gone too far but it was a damn sight further than Dorian had ever gone before and he could certainly see the attraction of it all.

Anyway, he'd walked unsteadily and grogily, the still memorable pleasures of the night-before counter-acting the effects of the drinking the night-before, towards the stream, to wash the sleep and dirt from his face. Mecka, who'd woken up after feeling Dorian leave and had been rubbing the sleep from her own eyes, looked over at the slight and different, but at the moment, pleasantly attractive figure of the red-headed firelight just as he suddely fell into the water, although, as she told the others once she'd had a swift look for him herself, it looked more like he'd been pulled in. The village was quickly roused to look for him, this wasn't out-of-the-order, whenever someone disappeared the whole group would comb over the forest with an incredible and loyal determination to find their little lost lamb. What was out-of-the-order was that they couldn't find head nor tail of him.

Thankfully, he showed up a week later, grinning cockily as if it had just been a game- of hide-and-seek he'd won with a strange instrument on his back and sword on his hip. The villagers welcomed him back with bonecrushing hugs and whacks on the back that had him walking with a stoop and a tinge of pain in his grin for the rest of the day, there were times that being so physically different from the muscular men of the village really meant they overestimated him and underestimated their own strength. Anyway, that was the day he announced his new dreams of eventually leaving the village to see the world, to grow as a man and human, to learn the new skills and talents of the outside world. The villagers cried out of this terrible decision, telling him of the white devils that only cared about possessions, that ended a life as casually as they breathed, of their horrific treatment to others and themselves but he would not be swayed, he only promised that he would return to them one day. A year later he left them, chartering passage onto one of the white devil's ships with a bag of ember-berries, promising their ability to revitalise and energise any man who had even one. And that was they heard of Dorian for a time.

Weapons: He carries two items that could be used as weapons. THe guitar you can see on his back can play the sound of any instrument and change into any instrument, but the default form seems to be a guitar. And a sword that can also change it's form, from rapier to broadsword to dagger to staff to axe as well as it's mass, to a minor extent. Basically he could swing a broadsword around like it weighs practically nothing because it weighs practically nothing means all the power is gone from it. It will also return to him if lost, but in the traditional style of the fey, only if no-one is watching it, and when it returns can either be immediately or in hours. The only constant trait seems to be an object like an emerald. It's shape and form changes but there's always that green jewel somewhere in it.

Powers: He can change his appearance and voice and some other illusionary skills. Talk and understand any creature or any language. A mild power of suggestion. Akin to nature, so some elemental powers. But generally only small effects, like walking on water or manipulating a small flame or gust of wind, but he can't create them from nothing obviously, so on a windless day, forget the chance to get a good gust of wind, it's practically impossible to get that much air moving at a good velocity. He is also incredibly sensitive, he cannot begin psychic links himself but is incredibly easy to link to, to impart knowledge, memories, feelings too, he refers to himself as "touched in the head" sometimes laughing randomly as he talks to unhearable voices.

Weaknesses: The thing is...due to his personality he can be quite...predictable, to a certain mindset. He follows patterns, fits into roles, popular personas and personalities. Also, he can either be quite weak against any spiritual or psychic attacks or practically immune, depending on his mindset and the style of attack. He's not a heavy hitter or anything either, so a good whack or stab will put him into a lot of trouble.

Quirks: Obsession with tropes and roles and characteristics. A penchant for the DRAMATIC.

Pets(optional): A parrot, that like him, can change it's appearance from crow to seagull. Could be more intelligent than it seems.

Job: Musician. Although this seems to be a sub-profession more than anything else. He sees himself as an actor, playwright, story-teller, beautician, artist, the list goes on really, but being a musician seems to be one of his more favourite jobs.

Other Information: (Anything else you’d like to add? Anything I forgot?)

Theme: Must be the music
Last edited by MQuinny1234 on Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Zako » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Innocence Abandoned wrote:With a crew this big, hopefully there will be some nocturnal characters to keep Dor company in the dead of night. He doesn't much care for the daytime... Maybe he and Eward can have some long conversations in the wee hours eh?

Mine can.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Archrival » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:56 pm

I know! Let's have a midnight bookclub! For all those who love to read and hate sunlight :D.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Akaine » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Sorry for the delay on things. It's getting a bit busy over here for the holidays.

Some quick stuff:

To all: In the 'weaknesses' I also meant not just the psychological weaknesses, but also the physical. lol So if anyone wants to add or possibly change weaknesses, please feel free.

Quinn: Does he have any physical weaknesses, not just personality issues? A weak knee..etc?

Couch:Accepted! Just curious about the physical weaknesses.

Timer: It seems odd that she'd go for a musician job versus an engineering job (if we had one). If you put more emphasis on music in her history, it would be more believable. And I'm curious as to how she trained herself with the flintlocks. Did she have access to them when she was training as an engineer, or did she somehow manage to practice with them later? (If later, then what stories could be told?)

Iris: I'm not sure that Akaine'd let someone with that level of madness on her ship. I mean, if there's a possible(by rumor or otherwise) cure/doctor/engineer that might be able to help him, then that would be a nice addition to his history and it would add to the plot. Would this be alright?

Gareth: SORRY! :< I'll edit asap. I'm slow on the editing at the moment, it shouldn't be too long.

And I'll be having my CS up sometime this week.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Timer » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:12 pm

She would be an engineer (thats the problem, there isn't one available) i'd assume she would be falling back into the bard position while helping out the master gunner (if you want i can put her as his apprentice)

As for the sharp shooting, i assumed she would have learnt being in that industry as a child (and being very against the route her father picked for her.) I can add more about her training with her uncle connor if you wish.

Postby Akaine » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Hmm, I think she'd be better suited for the deckhand position than musician. I mean, sure, she could lend her instruments (vocally and instrumentally), to the musician when he'she performs, but I just see her as more of a deckhand. Especially with the shooting abilities she has. And more information is always appreciated.

The only thing that I'd keep in mind is that these kind of guns aren't perfect, and that the level of accuracy isn't what we're used to today.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Apart from the weakness thing?...Umm...Iron? Iron tends to hurt magical creatures.

On the other hand, who the hell uses iron weapons, so that's useless.

...He's really fragile.

Also, didn't notice you were going for the musician job Timer, sorry.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby BG07 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm starting to notice just how underpowered my character is... hmm, would it be alright if I added a few exotic trinkets to his weapons? He wouldn't actually carry any of them around with him unless he knew they were necessary, and even still I would want his cunning to be his primary weapon.

Postby Timer » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Thats why i said it's accurate for a flintlock, added a little more to the history (histories are a bugger for me.. i prefer to let them grow organically :( ) She's been playing since she was 10, shooting since she was 13.

If you want more stories than i can probably squeeze some out, but always find them to be a little weak and watery compared to the ones i can pull out in conversations in game. Upto you guess.

Postby Zako » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:01 am

NEW IMPROVED AND READY TO GO. I think...

Name: Aki Lightingfall

Nickname: “September”

Sex: Female

Species: Ookami- The Lightingfall Clan and their allies are wolf-like demi-humans hailing from the mountain range of Videmur. Its population of Ookami has fallen in number recently due to the recent exodus of people seeking adventure outside the ancestral homeland. Videmur has nonetheless has largely been kept hidden from the world.

Likes: Meat, grains, swords, guns, knives and tool-boxing assistants.

Dislikes: Vegetables, assistants, stupid people, and slimy things.

Appearance: Aki is a Shiro-ookami (white wolf) , taller, muscular and well proportioned compared to other races. She has short silver hair, electric blue eyes and, lightly tanned skin that shines in the light and gives no hint of age at all. He face is a gentle, angular shape that embodies softness and fairness often not found in humans or other races. However the skin, despite its condition is marred with scarring from past battles and conflicts.

Clothing is simple: consisting of a loose white and black robe with detached sleeves, armored red and black sash, and trousers cut short for unrestricted movement. A belt held up by suspenders with various pockets and one small pack that hold knives, equipment, and all things needed for long term adventuring. A large bushy, silk smooth tail protrudes from the back and a necklace of carved jade sits on her neck.

Blood Type: O+

History: Aki was born to the Lightingfall Clan, the youngest of four children in a family that lived in the southern quarter of the Videmur mountains. During her years as a child she always found the clan soldiers of the Lightingfall Clan fascinating. Partly because their efforts have kept their home safe from intruding people and rival clans for as long as they can remember. Since Videmur’s forges are well known for their weapons, Videmur is constantly under pressure to keep their methods and materials a secret.

During the first year of her training to become a clan warrior, a group of humans manage to penetrate the frontier and steal a sizable chunk of White Silver. White Silver is the high-strength, low weight metal made from a fallen star and the main reason why Videmur was founded. Aki and her group of warriors-in-training manage to track down the marauding humans and eliminate them with impunity. This was recognized by the clan elders and Aki along with her entire pack was elevated to the rank of Hunter, a rarity given their age and inexperience.

It was also this time the simmering pot of restlessness between the allied clans began to boil. Believing the theft of a significant portion of White Silver an ominous sign outdated rules and practices, a rival clan known as the Thunderfists openly challenged the longstanding rule of isolation. To stop invaders, trade routes must be established to allow the flow of needed good and allow information to flow freely into the mountains The Lightingfall clan refused and the Videmur clans split into two camps; the Isolationists advocating continued isolation and the Restors, who advocate the opening of the Videmur mountains and restoring trade to the world.

Aki and her group was among the many clan warriors who responded to the call of war. Savage fighting claimed the lives of many ookami of both sides. Though she was young and inexperienced, her pack distinguished themselves in battle many times. When the war was over, the population of Videmur was significantly reduced with one clan decimated and another virtually rendered extinct. With the war over and the Isolationists victorious, the remaining ookami began the long period of rebuilding.

Aki by this time was a veteran of countless battles and a feared warrior who’s savagery in battle was well known. Respected by the elders and feared by the male ookami, Aki was hero and given a hero’s respect. The only survivor of her pack she was given the informal title of Lone Wolf and allowed to wander the mountains as she saw fit.

However deep down inside she felt a great injustice was done by her people upon themselves. The deaths of many forced her to rethink many things she took for granted. Savage fighting destroyed many families, killed many others and destroyed clans who’s service and achievements could never be replaced. Guilt and regret became recurring thoughts. When the opportunity to leave Videmur came up, she left on the pretext of hunting down the remnants of the Restors movement who escaped to the world.

Sixteen years later Aki is a traveling ookami, offering services to traders and looking for something worthwhile to place her mind at ease.

Weapons: Great White Sword #141- A large broadsword named by the number engraved on the blade, indicating it is the 141st Great White Sword (sometimes called White-Blades) forged in Videmur. Heavy enough to require two hands but can be used in one hand if need be. A trademark of the Great White Swords is that it has blood of both maker, present and past users imbued into its blade, the blade allows the present user to experience heightened battle senses, sharpening both the mind and the body to the rigors of battle thus adding to Aki’s already impressive abilities. The sword is a straight, angle-tipped, silver-white blade with a yellow bandaged handle. It cannot be handled by anyone except by ookami. Those who try will find it unwieldy, cumbersome and downright unfriendly (accident prone much?), a security measure implemented by its makers. If the present user dies, the sword automatically returns to its forge to await its next user.

Short Swords- Two well crafted short swords. Often seen together in battle.

Buckler Shield- A well crafted and well used buckler shield that normally is mounted on the left forearm. It is emblazoned with the symbol of the Lightingfall Clan, a red maple leaf. Made from the lightest and strongest metal possible and lined with wood.

Throwing Knives- Cheap throwing knives. Often used as a dinner implement.

Combat Knife- A very sharp, balanced combat knife specifically made for battle. Features a clean, sharp blade to ensure maximum penetration and damage.

Powers: Faster, stronger, responsive, and much less fragile than most other species. Due to isolation in the mountains, Aki’s clan has developed much heightened visual and auditory senses which are both a boon and bane.
Bonded Sword- Aki is Blood-bonded with her sword. This means she can summon her sword when the correct ritual is performed.

Weaknesses: Requires more food than humans and has a massive and deep fear/loathing/hate of arachnids of any sort(with amusing but costly results). She is also susceptible to high pitched noises and strong smells.

Quirks: Incredibly rude to people she finds in contempt or believed to be below her in skill, strength or intelligence. This arrogance stems from her sense of superiority over anyone who is not ookami and a somewhat deserved elitist viewpoint of herself. Nonetheless she carries herself diplomatically to anyone she deals with, having learned long ago not to express emotions that betray any hint of what she actually thinks.

Pets(optional): None

Job: Master SwordsWOMAN. I shit on your sexist job title.

Other Information: Adept with swords but is not someone to go charging into battle. Aki’s signature battlestyle is to aggressively harass the opponent to force them to drop their guard or expose their weakness. Aki is also very experience in infiltration, information gathering, sabotage, and asymmetrical war fighting techniques. If a killing blow is needed, then she can switch tactics to accommodate. This makes her a very flexible asset in battle.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Garethcool » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:01 am

Akaine, it's no problem. I was just poking fun.

Poking it with a rather pointy stick and telling it to go away.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby LostD » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:08 am

.... before I get accused for ripping Quinny(edit: oops), I had the same great idea as you buddy. I just really wanted to make Darly.

Hope you enjoy.

Name: Subject FG4

Nickname:
Darly

Sex: Both?

Species: Shapeshifter

“Biology department; Essay on the Enigma that is the classification of Shape-shifters”
By Professor E.G Harding,

A very uncommon and to this day impossible to categorize in a class has been the mysterious being of the shape shifter. Discovered by Professor and colleague in the department of Biology, Cynthia Beaudittix, in 1669, the Shape-shifter has since been a stain to taxonomists, though the origins of Shape-shifters are still unknown. It should first be noted that Professor Beaudittix is herself a Shape-shifter

Professor Beaudittix had first come to the University in 1653, majoring in biology then gaining her doctorate in 1672. Upon access to the department’s resources, Professor Beaudittix took the then stash of 6 mysterious eggs from cold storage and spent 3 years testing and incubating them. On the 2nd of June 1675, the first long thought dead eggs had hatched, and so had the other 5 within 4 weeks. These hatchlings were dubbed “the first generation,” though it soon became apparent that shape-shifters had existed long before this.

Professor Beaudittix revealed her true nature as a Shape-shifter in order to both validate her research and protect the rights of her subjects. Her choice in retaining one form and her status granted her protection under the humanoids act of the university. Thus, she studied and cared for the 6 children. Her research was driven both by finding out the origins of the shape-shifter and finding companionship amongst those that could change like her. It should be noted that the Professor live today, and she looks no older than 40, despite being at least 80 years old. Research did show that though the young age at the same rate as humans, their lives seem to be prolonged.

In a conversation I had with the Professor, she informed me that she had no idea where her people’s origin was from. She simply made it aware that her mother informed her that pregnancy in their species(?) was rare, and the reason was unknown. It would appear that the world has had Shape-shifters scattered around, though they are too difficult to quickly identify to give a reasonable estimate. It is fair to say that they are rare and completely disorganized.

Common features of Shape-shifters include not only the ability to change into creatures at will, but alter their own appearance and voice. Beaudittix had once told me that she had carefully crafted her current appearance to suit her, making minor adjustments as time went by, such as the height of a cheeky-bone, the length of her eyelashes and texture of her hair. Studies also show that they are able to communicate with most animals, though each seems to hold an affinity to certain families, examples, birds, dogs, fish. However, it appears all shape-shifters retain shape by mental concentration, thus making them extremely sensitive to noise and mental attacks.

It is still unclear whether the Shape-shifter was a natural being or a bio-engineered masterpiece. What is clear though is that an entire hidden minority lives amongst us. News of this was first published 50 years ago, but the lack of activity surrounding it has faded into biology trivia catalogues. However, as the First generation has pasted maturity and now ventured into the world, one can believe that very soon Shape-shifters may be coming up more in conversation soon.

Published by Institute of Science, The University of Rapscord, March, 1725

Likes: Flying, open spaces, clear skys, birds, tea, books, dressing up, wine, peace, music, witty banter, flirting (all in good fun), flexibility in conversation, new things, toying with people, being precise, singing, her harp, her wardrobe, trying on new faces.

Dislikes: Being locked up, long chaotic noises, heavy alcohol, storms, thunder, stubborn and unimaginative people, redundancy, overcooked food, being ruefully bossed around, someone taking too long asking a question because their trying to be “polite”, being treated differently. DON’T RUIN MY CLOTHES!

Appearance: Darly most famous appearance, the one she will take whenever a high profile landing is made, is that of “Darlina - The Siren.” She stands at 5’8, her chestnut hair resting gently on her shoulders, her figure is slim, but curvy, and lips more full with higher cheekbones on her light face. As the Siren, she always dresses in the best, though her favourite is her single shoulder, rouge sheath, that comes down to her ankles. A slit runs to her thigh and her arms are only covered by a soft scarlet cloth, though her hands don a pair of long black gloves. Her voice is a rich, low soprano that whispers its artistic merit. She walks in high heels and looks every part the femme fatale.

Darly default look of the ship is somewhat less defined, though no less beautiful. Once on ship, or when keeping a low profile, Darly appears a 5’10, slender but fit, short, wavy hair, and is gabbed in a loose white shirt, and a pair of tight fitting breeches. Darly wears comfortable heavy boots, and the breeches are held up by a leather belt with a silver belt buckle. The most disquieting thing is that at the point, Darly truly is androgynous, yet is beautiful in both regards. The slightly rounder cheeks and flat chest take away much from the seductive vixen, but Darly is still voluptuous as ever. Darly’s voice is also a mix between a high tenor or a low alto, providing no clue as to what gender Darly really is. Just now Darly, with still a curved back and gentle fingers, generally confuses both genders now.

Though Darly’s appearance does change from feminine to slighter more masculine, Darly still retains the same facial traits, making each “unique disguise” seem like they are related, perhaps family members. The one constant though are the long eyelashes around a one bright blue, other emerald green around Darly’s almond shaped eyes. Also, she can’t seem to change blood type.

Blood Type: O-

History: Darly was the fourth to hatch at Rapscord University, and grew up under the care of Professor Beaudittix. For the first 7 years of her life, she and the 5 others were kept in a confide faculty, away from public eye, and allowed to grow freely, with the occasional test and blood test. At that time, none of the 6 had names, and were simply referred to in the number they hatched.

On Darly’s 8th birthday, the litter of child shape-shifters began devising, and attempting, plans to escape their “Prison”. After numerous failed attempts, the researches notice the children had begun changing themselves. With this development, allowing the children to roam around the university (supervised) seemed to be the best course of action. This was especially done to discourage them from taking more violent forms in their escapes.

While let loose like this, Darly came upon the department of Music. At first, she was bemused by the strings, the brass and the more "creative" projects the university was known for. The laboratory was quiet, but Darly and the other shapeshifters would bang things together in some sort of harmony, but the music department just did it better. After a week of occasionally visiting the music rooms, between tests and meals, Darly came across a singer. It was a beautiful girl, doing dress rehearsal for her final exam, and she was singing her heart out. The piece was "Vissi D'Arte", full of want and loneliness, Darly was enchanted.

She borrowed song solo tracks from the library and the faculty, taking up singing whenever she could over the course of the years. It was her own sense of freedom, making her considerably more tolerable than the other shapeshifters (the 4 of the other 5 were getting visibly restless). Researchers found she became more fond of birds, taking their forms in order to sing, and generally having conversations with them.

On the hatch-lings 13th birthday, Beaudittix finally asked if they would like names. Until that point, they had referred to themselves by their hatching number, but now they were clearly at an age to make decisions. "4" (as Darly was known) chose "Darly", in respect to Dr Beaudittix affectionately calling Darly, "Darling," whenever Darly was singing.

By the age of 16, the Shapeshifters were allowed to roam around Lunar Station. By 18, the six began to petition the university to give them the right to leave Rapscord, with the promise to check in. By 21, they got it, and many went their separate ways. By that point, the project had already expanded, but this is Darly's history, so lets finish that up.

Darly, and the youngest "Winter", decided to stay for longer, to help Dr. Beaudittix with the program. After 6 years, Darly finally left the University, rumored had it by Dr. Beaudittix's orders. Darly would not resurface for several years, and on the island of Eioyui. There, Darly sought out famous composer and musical genius, Ludwig Wolfgang, and begged him for tutoring. Under his refining ears, Wolfgang unleashed Darly upon the upper class, bringing "Darlina - the siren of Eioyui" to high class fame. For years, Darlina and her fabled "Double solo" were rare, often expensive performances were the talk of Estoria. Her voice could bring women to tears and leave men in awe. Not only that, but she was beautiful and untouched, hidden away by Wolfgang himself (as rumor had it). Her voice and elusive nature enchanted Eioyui for near over a decade.

Now finally, only two months ago, the siren announced she would travel the world. Darly, taking an entire several sets of wardrobes and a lump sum of cash, returned to an incognito form and purchased passage to a variety of ports. Darly's objective is to continue the one Dr Beaudittix set for her. To find the origins of the Shapeshifters.

(short version: kids mature, some leave including Darly, Darly becomes big singer sensation. Wants more to life, Also, is searching for people's orgin. Will finish in morning)

Weapons: Although Darly’s powers grant more than reasonable combat, Darly carries a revolver. Strapped to Darly’s belt, the revolver is just to discourage the more minor threats. Mind you, Darly still know how to fire the damn thing.

Powers: Darly has the ability to change physical forms into any creature of her choosing. Although Darly generally prefers to change into birds, with a special favorite for the Red-crowned crane. It’s simply because their more calm. This is vital as the more powerful and dangerous the creature is, the harder it is to control. A large polar bear might be impressive, and can probably kill several men, but the mind is savage. Darly has not attempted to try to become mythical creatures, as it already requires a detailed understanding of how the creatures are formed, let along how to control them.

Darly’s more used ability is how to move undetected from town to town. Simply by changing appearance, Darly can look like any man, woman or child, just by looking at them, and can even tweak things to make unique faces. Darly’s voice can also mimic any voice heard. Darly is still has problems with the weakness, but so long as nothing major happens, it usual just looks like he/she is lightheaded.

Also, Darly speaking with animals, though again preferring birds. Many animals are jerks, or don’t really notice the world around them, but sometimes some had handy tips, or warnings.

Weaknesses: The problem with Shape-shifting is that it that an absolute focus to not only change into an animal, but to retain the form. To change an animal, the user must first think of the animal to the last detail (outside and inside) and put him/her self into that form. This could take seconds or minutes, depending on how quickly they can think of the form to the last hair. If the form is incomplete, the user will return to their last form (be it human or animal) and receive a mental hit. Once in form, the user must fight the animal impulses that will try and take over. If he fails to hold it back, and remember that he is human, the user will forever be that animal, and not remember a thing of being human. This means that a user mind is venerable, and if a large distraction or if the user gets exhausted to the point that they loss focus, then they are loss (meaning a Shape-shifter tries it best to change back before that stage). This means that the user is susceptible to high levels of loud chaotic noise (think, metal scrapping on metal) and mental attacks. Anything to break focus makes it difficult to keep control for long. Violent thunder are by far the most dangerous thing against a shape-shifter.

Also, Darly is claustrophobic.

Quirks:
Clothes… so many damn clothes. For both sexes and for varying sizes. Half her bunk is full of costumes.
Has a special trick where Darly sings with two voices, in melody. Generally this is saved for the grand finale.
Carefully maintains a small medieval harp. Plays it often during sunny days on deck.
Doesn’t like to be referred to as “he” or “her”. Just “Darly.”

Job:
Musician

Other Information:
none right now.
Last edited by LostD on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Sentios » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:43 am

Akaine wrote:I'm not sure that Akaine'd

Hmm... interesting.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Iris » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:52 am

I'll work on editing Howling Mad's history to fit in that suggestion.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:47 am

CAghost wrote:Job: Musician

:( So that's 3 going for the musician now.

Ah well, mine is finished too.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Timer » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:50 am

Mines not really "going for musician"..like i said up there it was more of a fall back, If its possible i would like to be the apprentice to the Master Gunner while helping the musician :D

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Hmm...well, with such a big crew with gunners and cannons needing to be taken care of, I can see three working in that area.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby QuiBears » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:16 pm

Happy Holidays everyone :D
You've tried so hard until now, you needn't blame yourself.
You've treasured your Rose Signet until now.
I shall give you a kiss as your reward.
This is your consolation.

Postby Tuor » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:02 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Hmm...well, with such a big crew with gunners and cannons needing to be taken care of, I can see three working in that area.

that's nice
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:10 pm

...Well crapbaskets.

We'll see what happens.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:26 pm

And now Lostdrifter is showing up, awesome. Suddenly, I feel like turning my hat around with dramatic music playing in a color changing background before I toss a spherical object, an attempt to entrap him.

Edit: Yes, the gag arrived in a time machine.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing