The Thanatos Effect OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: The Thanatos Effect OOC: One spot remaining.

Postby Timer » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:16 am

What about Mass driver / Gaus tech ? i know That directed energy weapons are a little futuristic, but its plausible that a deployable rail gun could exist within the next 200 years.

Was thinking of having a sort of "super heavy" suit, 15mph speed which is reduced to 10 with certain weapons, Low agility but high strength and good armour.

Only having a couple of weapons (compared to a normal heavy) but those weapons being larger.

Looking at the sheets so far your lacking in artillery support, i think only one of you has a howitzer

Postby Bolts » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:22 am

Avoid anything with lasers and you should be fine.

Postby Timer » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:34 am

Ok dude, will start work now lol

Postby Erina » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Good luck, Timer! =) Ask Bryan (Bolts) or me if you need any help writing it.
Asmodai wrote:Behind every powerful man, stands an even more powerful woman... right? xD

Postby Timer » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:22 pm

No luck needed :p i got this :grin: half done atm, (thats despite playing WoT and Warhammer aswell)

Postby Timer » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:45 pm

CHARACTER SHEET

Name: Corporal Richard Williams, Callsign - ‘Bigfoot’

Sex: Male

Appearance: Image

Your run of the mill ‘Hoo-rah’ Soldier, Standing at six feet and two inches Richard is a solid figure of a man. His skin is permanently tanned to a warm sunset orange which he owes too his days in the ground forces. His body is toned, not like the muscle bulk of a body builder but through years of constant and rigorous training with a planned programme to leave his body functionally strong rather than the show quality muscle. The skin across his back and right side is scarred, a long gash cutting from his right shoulder blade to his hip being the most prominent of these. The entire surface is also peppered with small gashes and indentation wounds from shrapnel and gunshot.

His eyes are a deep emerald green, usually alive with energy. He has a short, slightly crooked nose (looking to have been broken and reset over the years) and lips that always hold a smile. His hair, a deep brown lies in straight natural lines all the way down to his shoulders. His Right leg was almost destroyed in a bomb blast and is cybernetic from the mid-calf downwards.

Clothing: His Military jump suit he uses during formal meetings and drills is the exact one he used in his previous walks of life. It’s a desert camo pattern made from shades of brown and yellow. It has been patched together so many times it might as well be new, its right sleeve bares the patches of old tours of duty.

His casual clothes are usually a mix of an open shirt (usually in blue or blacks) over the top of a bright patterned T-shirt. His favourite shirt at the moment is a white with a howling wolf emblazoned on the front (taking to his persona of FENRIS rather deeply). His bottoms are usually ether loose cargo bottoms in all shades of camo, Jeans or even three quarter length bottoms.

He wears a default SIREN Suit.

Personality: Richard has never been shy in his life, never stopping to think about the worries of the world. While some may consider him abrasive and brash Richard is outgoing and never one to back down, never quashed by a quip or stronger personality trying to edge him away. Look before you leap is not a sentence to Richard; In fact it’s probably the opposite of his attitude. A better personification would be ‘Risk Equals Reward’ as Richard has always jumped headlong into problems without thought or care for the repercussions.

This does not however make him stupid, when dealing with a problem he can be level headed and calculating. But getting him to that state always requires someone of greater rank or a person that Richard respects. An Artefact of his continued military service, he knows when to shut up and get in line. Questioning the orders of a superior has been drilled into his bones and will follow them to the absolute, as long as they are ethical and won’t get his crew killed of course.

Skills: Having a lot of experience in battle over his years Richard has taken from his many other roles on the battle field. It has left his body battle hardened and quick to react. His has proficiency with artillery weapons as his preferred method of destruction; he also has skills in hand to hand and with small arms.

Background:
Smoothing down the deep black lapels Richard tried to quiet his mind ‘What the hell is this all about? It’s not like I’ve done anything wrong.’ The email summons had arrived earlier in the day, “Project Epsilon” printed in bold letters along its top accompanied by a warning that when closed it would delete itself from his inbox. Richard had assumed ether that his was in big trouble or that he was in for a big opportunity, so dressed for both occasions in his pristine black dress suit. Against he went to adjusting, now focused on the medals on his breast as the car pulled up in front of the unassuming white building that had been selected for his meeting. Upmost secrecy had been the name of the game as he was led from his blacked out transport into the almost windowless building by hired military guards, none wearing name badges, only a simple symbol (which he presumed defined the branch of military they were serving). He went through a body scanner and was asked to surrender all the items on his person, even down to his cufflinks and dog tags. The now grumpier Richard was deemed safe and quickly whisked through the bright white and green artificially lit corridors to his meeting, all the while becoming more un-nerved by the coldness of his surroundings.

The office was dark aside from the dim glow of a street lamp through one of the only frosted security glass windows, left all alone he reclined in the soft leather chair opposite the even larger unoccupied black leather one behind the desk ‘at least if I was in trouble I would know by now’. After what felt like half an hour the sound of the door handle clicking shot through him like a bolt of lightning, His eyes turning to see a thin framed man in a sharp black pin stripe suit which hugged him in the way only a made to mesure suit could. Short brown hair slicked back with large black aviators covering his eyes. With the simple command “lights” the room brought from the darkness by amber globes on the ceiling (making Richard feel very foolish in the process), his accent was stronger than expected for his frame as he began to speak. “Corporal Williams, age 27…” He pushed a beige file onto the wooden desk, His name stamped in red across it. “Current function, Spotter for the third artillery core… previous combat include border skirmishes with the thirty eight infantry-“ The man opened the file and splayed out a few pictures showing the battlefields that he served on “-Culminating in the loss of a the bottom portion of your leg two years and five months ago.” Richard was unsure how exactly to react to this recounting of his military history, a little stunned still by the theatrics he could only manage a slow “That’s me Sir” ‘Why the hell did you say that!?’ He made a mental note to punish himself later.

“Indeed it in Son-“ The man chuckled slightly, both showing his amusement and breaking the ice slightly, “-Now how would you say to returning in some capacity to front line duty… if the call was made of course?” Richard’s leg gave a phantom twitch of pain but his mind overruled this reaction “What kind of solider would I be if not-“Putting a slight smile of self-confidence on his face “-Every day I train to be able to surpass what I was back then, so I might be able to better serve the republic in future” The nameless suit smiled, gathering together his papers and putting them back into the file. “This role, if you choose to take it will mean leaving your current unit and station, being unable contact with any members of other military branches or family, and moving to both work and leave at the base… Which you may not speak or reveal the location of at any time under the threat of court martial” ‘This shit is serious...’ Richard was taken aback by the sudden proposal and after a few seconds managed to get his mouth to move “When would I need to give my agreement?”

The Suit looked down to his the draw of the desk and pulled out a tablet computer, pressing a few buttons he brought up a contract “It’s now or never, if you do not sign this now you will never be given this opportunity again, and will be obligated under military law to never speak or write of what happened here-““under threat of court martial?” Richard finished his sentence while taking the tablet, smiling in response to the smirk that the man had plastered to his face “Exactly Son”. The minutes of reading gave Richard time to think, his head swimming with pictures of the old days, the friends he would be missing, his unit without him, his family and friends who would know nothing about were and what he was doing before finally he reached the box were his fingerprint needed to be placed. “So, you got an answer for me?” The man interlocked his fingers and looked over at Richard, who was unable to read him through those thick black lenses.

“Sure… Who would I be if I said no” His ‘never say die’ attitude overruled all the feelings in his head and heart as he locked himself into whatever this man had for him with a simple press of his finger “Then I will see you in the morning, have your things ready… your leaving at nine”

Family
Peter – Relation: Father, Age: 47, Occupation: Retired (formerly an accountant)
Marie – Relation: Mother, Age:41, Occupation: Retired (formerly working for Peter)

Sarah – Relation: Sister, Age: 26, Occupation: House wife
Chloe – Relation: Sister, Age: 24, Occupation: Student (University, Doctorate in Psychics)

Sam – Relation: Brother, Age: 6, Occupation: N/A
Connor – Relation: Brother, Age: 6, Occupation: N/A
Jack – Relation: Brother, Age: 24 (deceased as of 2 years ago) Occupation: Military (Tank Crew)

-------------------------------------
SIREN Profile

Name: FENRIS

Type: Heavy

Physical Description: FENRIS is an 11’ 1” monster of a SIREN, Its armour painted a dull grey with Nordic knot work on its shoulders. Its pilots compartment is headed with a wolf style visor adding to the overall theme of the mecha.
It bears a very heavy set of pistons in its arms and legs, giving the mech an incredible amount of lifting and staying power, but decreasing it mobility and speed, Its right shoulder has a plate which can be used to fix weapons upon for extra accuracy. Its feet are designed with several toes pointing backwards for extra stability.

Specs:
Max Speed: 15 MPH
Armour – High / Very High
Strength – Very high
Agility – Very Low

Weapons:
Main Offensive Weapon – The GAU8 Avenger, Mk5(AKA Snub-nose)

The GAU 8 was originally designed A-10 thunderbolt 2. A 281 kg, 13ft long 8 barrelled rotary Gatling gun firing 30mm antitank rounds. With a 4,200 round per minute rate of fire and the ability to punch through even the most heavily armoured vehicles of its day. The weapon was counted as a success, this lead to it being deployed in many theatres of war throughout the world.
The Mk5 has been adapted for SIREN use, these vehicles being able to take much heavier weapons than the Aircraft it was originally designed kit out. Its long barrels were trimmed, shortening the weapon to 8ft, its calibre increased to 40mm. The original RPM was cut to 2000. Overall this makes the GAU8/MK5 ‘Snub nose’ a very adaptable and powerful Antitank, AntiSIREN and Anti Air weapon. Its only flaws being a very low ammo count compared to traditional rifle type weapons, and its inability to sustain long periods of fire.

Main Long Range Support Weapon – LRMS 48-3
The LRMS (OR Long Range Missile System) is a High yield ordnance launcher designed primarily used for combating structures or stationary weapon systems. Its warheads are designed to penetrate through materials such as concrete or worked steel to be able to level obstacles or difficult to attack defensive buildings. The LRMS is an unguided system, making it of no use against SIRENS, or mobile vehicles.

Support Ranged Weapon – M119 howitzer (Mk3, Codename –Thunderhammer)
The M119 has been a staple light howitzer since its introduction in the 2000's, featuring a 105 calibre barrel which is able to fire rocket assisted rounds up to 12 miles. The Thunderhammer is no exception; it however has been modified to carry a five round magazine and integral range finders, wind meters and a digital scope, allowing it to function as a rather deadly sniper rifle if loaded with APDS rounds.
Its main use is still to function as a long range artillery weapon.

Anti-personnel – AA-X103, Code name “Thunderstorm”, AKA “Cloud Maker”
In the early 2000’s testing for the AA-12 combat shotgun began work, a fully automatic nearly recoilless 12 bore shotgun. This weapon was a massive success, eliminating the need for a breaching shotgun to be used in conjunction with an assault rifle.
In favour of a Minigun, FENRIS has been fitted with a customised version of its modern equivalent. This Triple barrelled rotary cannon fires 20mm Canister rounds at a shockingly high RPM, Capable of reducing even crowds of people to nothing, owing its nick name to that fact.
The AA-X103 has been shown to have an effective range comparable to that of an assault rifle, that’s to its elongated barrels and size of shell, the very sound from the firing of this weapon sounds like a thunderstorm (which is where its codename originates from)

((more to come at bolts request))

Emergency Firearm:
Heckler & Koch GMG (grenade machine gun) is a 40mm automatic firing grenade launcher developed by HK in 1992, firing 350 rpm it can quickly strip through its limited belt fed ammunition supply. FENRIS carries a customised version of this weapon, trusting in DART.

Explosives: FENRIS carries no explosives, to make room for extra ammunition

Theme song:
Oh, there are cracks in the road we lay
From when the devil fell, the secrets have gone mad
This is nothing new but would we kill it all
Fate was all we had

Who needs another mess, we could start over
Just look me in the eyes and say I'm wrong
Now there's only emptiness but I'm missing something
I think we're done, I'm not the only one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wws7mnMewPw
Last edited by Timer on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Postby Erina » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Very interdasting. Bryan and I will go over the CS approval process soon. Thanks for all your hard work!

I'm Erina, btw. Co-GM here at Thanatos.
Asmodai wrote:Behind every powerful man, stands an even more powerful woman... right? xD

Postby Timer » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:12 pm

ahh Alright

Postby Bolts » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Timer,

Add a bit more beef to this history while Erina and I go over the rest of the profile. Also, please remove the rail gun. I know I said the rule of thumb was nothing with lasers but this weapon has come up in the past and been denied already. You don't need to include the speed his SIREN travels at with different weapons drawn, we only care about how fast it can go unarmed.

Postby Timer » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:12 pm

Weapon swapped, Speed averaged out.

Having trouble with a history cause i don't know the particulars of your world so much. Will have another crack at it

Postby Bolts » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Take your time.

Also the song is Psychosocial by Slipknot, possibly the version that got mashed up with that one Justin Bieber song.

Postby Timer » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:28 pm

That version is alright, but i prefer the original :D

-

added a bit to the history, still working on it

Postby Bolts » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:36 pm

Looks better already.

*Waits for Mel to have another 'moment' due to Richard.*

Postby Timer » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Added a little more about his Family as well, Mel ?

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:43 pm

From what I can gather, she's the resident stud-chaser.

Postby Bolts » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:46 pm

She has yet to meet a man in Thanatos that wasn't at some point deemed "cute."

Postby Timer » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:48 pm

i see you point (i am now upto date with the Ic thread :P)

Postby Bolts » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:59 pm

timer67 wrote:i see you point (i am now upto date with the Ic thread :P)

Please use proper grammar.

Postby Timer » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:04 pm

Come on bolts, no need to be so prime and proper.

it's 4am and an OOC

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:04 pm

I'm going to post this here for now while I work on the actual details of the SIREN's appearance and specs.

Name: Corporal Jens Makarov

Sex: Male

Appearance: Image Makarov is 6'4" with long black hair, a slight beard and pale skin. He is often tired in his appearance, as he has often been stationed on guard duty during the nights. He has incredibly rough skin to the touch and though his look is usually calm, he seems to have a somewhat distant look as if remembering something much of the time. He has a prosthetic left forearm and foot and a part of his right ear is chipped from his experiences in the past. He bears other scars, though most of them are not noticeable when he wears clothes. Jens is decently built, though a better thinker than a fighter.

Clothing: When not in the field or on the base, Jens wears an old military jacket that belonged to an ancestor of his that had fought in the first Maldova/Anatolia conflict. The jacket is a heavy one that is very worn and a faded green in color. It has been passed down in his family since the first war for any member who joined the military, which one member always did in each generation. Other than his jacket, Jens dresses very casually when not on base, though prefers long-sleeved loose fitting shirts most of the time, coupled with hardy jeans. While on base, he wears the standard military uniform and carries a small black cloth which he keeps wrapped around his left arm at all times.

Personality: Jens was once a battle-ready soldier, disappointed that the war was in a ceasefire. However, that has since changed after his experiences in the field. He is now much more laid back and easygoing, though still very focused when on base. His focus, though, is much calmer in comparison to some, and he usually remains quiet and observant when around the base. The man often looks distant and seems lost when in civilian situations, and this seems to carry over to his observations and thoughts of others. He is not mean but will sometimes shrug people off when he doesn't feel like being in their presence any longer, and can come off as rude for that reason. He avoids confrontation when not on the field in general. When on the field he is methodical and will perform his functions well. When there is danger of a comrade being captured, however, he becomes a very different person and will sometimes rush headlong into the fray to bring back the person in danger to prevent their capture.

Skills: Sniper, Keen-eyed (very well adjusted to night missions), well adapted to CQC, familiar with the borders of Maldova.

Background: Jens was born into a long line of military. His father fought in the second Anatolia/Maldova conflict and came home to start his family. Jens was a feisty child growing up that would often perform mock battles with his father, who would recount his own war stories. Having grown up on these stories of heroism, and wanting to possibly write a book later in life about his and his father's experiences, he joined the army when he was 18 as a member of the border patrol, hoping to still see some skirmishes even during the ceasefire.

Jens was assigned to a checkpoint and border base in a region of forest that had been used as a prime location for Maldovan spies to sneak across into Anatolia. Jens, usually stationed on night patrol, became very accustomed to seeing in the dark during his time and though he was still hot-headed earlier on, his experience of long hours alone began to sober him.

It was in 2242 when Jens had an encounter which changed his life. While on duty, Jens heard what sounded to be approaching soldiers coming from the woods and alerted the other guards to be on the lookout. Nothing came of the alleged hearing though other bases confirmed that there was a possible movement of Maldovan troops in the area. Eventually, Jens' commander decided that the night watchman would deploy on a reconnaissance mission to see if the rumors were true. They were, and Jens was promptly found and captured, becoming a POW and classified as a spy.

Jens was held in a Maldovan detention camp over the next decade; the events there have left a large impact on him, both physically as indicated by his scars and missing extremities, and mentally, leaving him with a somewhat sleepless and a slight fear of medium to large sized dogs. When he was released he was honorably discharged with the rank of sergeant and spent the next few years in therapy. Eventually, he decided to re-enlist, as he had made several promises to fellow prisoners. He had met with many families of them over his brief time out of the army and delivered many messages. He has now joined the Epsilon program and been ranked as a corporal, hoping to not only advance the war cause but bring solace to some of those who he knew while incarcerated.

------------------------------------

SIREN profile

Name: Erlkönig

Type: Scout

Appearance: http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs31/f/2008/188/2/f/Light_Armor_Suit_Ver__2_by_Hideyoshi.jpg In addition, Jens dons a cloak of bramble to cover himself further when in the field, helping primarily to conceal himself when settling into a good sniping point.

Specs:
Speed: 65 mph
Strength: Low
Defence: Medium
Speed: High

Weapons:

Barrett M82

The M82 is a recoil-operated, semi-automatic anti-materiel rifle developed by the American Barrett Firearms Manufacturing company. A heavy SASR (Special Application Scoped Rifle), it is used by many units and armies around the world. It is also called the "Light Fifty" for its .50 caliber BMG (12.7 mm) chambering. The weapon is found in two variants—the original M82A1 (and A3) and the bullpup M82A2.

Caliber: .50
Magazine: 10-round Box Magazine
Range: 1,800 m
Muzzle Velocity: 853 m/s

---

G36

The Heckler & Koch G36 is a 5.56×45mm assault rifle, designed in the early 1990s by Heckler & Koch (H&K) in Germany as a replacement for the 7.62mm G3 battle rifle.[1] It was accepted into service with the Bundeswehr in 1997, replacing the G3.[2] The G36 is gas-operated and feeds from a 30-round detachable box magazine or 100-round C-Mag drum magazine.

Caliber: 5.56X45mm NATO
Magazine: 30-round Box Magazine
Range: 800 m
Muzzle Velocity: 920 m/s

Emergency Firearm:

870P Breacher

The Model 870 Police Breacher System is designed to meet the needs of todays modern tactical entry personnel. Based on the durable Model 870, it is designed to fire any 12 gauge 2 ¾” and 3” load, including standard shotshell, buckshot and breaching rounds. This complete system includes a Parkerized finish, 11.5” barrel and a stand-off with rebar grooves. For efficient transition between loads, a Velcro side saddle is provided, as well as a retention holster and button sling attachment. To complete the package, a soft storage case is provided with dual back pack capabilities.

Barrel Length: 11 1/2"
Ammunition: 12-Gauge
Clip Size: 4-rounds (3 + 1 in chamber)

Explosives:
M-67 Frag Grenade
Claymore

Theme Song: All Along the Watchtower
Last edited by Burnyourhousedown on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Kyuu » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:58 pm

Oooohhh These guys look like fun.

Postby Bolts » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:11 am

Kyuu wrote:Oooohhh These guys look like fun.

*Slap*

No, bad rapist. None of that.

Postby icbmalaria » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:57 am

As a side note I have retconned a bunch of stuff about Teo because I absolutely despised him as a character and had no interest in writing for him. I'd give a link to him here but I don't know how to do that. He's listed under the characters anyways.

Postby Bolts » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:11 am

The yellow arrow next to your post title, Sean. Click that, and when it takes you to a new web page copy the link.

Postby InsaneWhisper » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:29 am

HOLY CRAP THAT'S HOW YOU DO THAT?!?!
Zee Captain: "Better dig your heels in"
Mr. Snippy: "Why? What?"
Zee Captain: "..."

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing