FPRP III OOC: New Beginnings

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: FPRP III: New Beginnings

Postby sam4books » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Asmodai wrote:I can still change my profession if needed, the only reason I took chimney sweeper was because I figured it was the lowest "rank" :P
I want my character to feel unappreciated (but he'll still love you all). And of course to drag soot all across the ship, just to piss off Sammy's character (this seems to become a trend).

I know you secretly love my characters. Come on admit it :P
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Asmodai » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Yes, that's why I'm trying to create some conflict between ours. BECAUSE CONFLICT IS FUN!
Mephobiac

Postby Tuor » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:12 pm

It's like in grade school when guys pick on the girls they like
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby QuiBears » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:17 pm

I fixed my CS -------------> {here}
You've tried so hard until now, you needn't blame yourself.
You've treasured your Rose Signet until now.
I shall give you a kiss as your reward.
This is your consolation.

Postby CrimsonJack » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:24 pm

Goodbye Karvon hello Ashy!

I'll either finish him later tonight or in the morning. Need inspiration so i'm going to play some ACR soon.
Do you know where the real Hell is? It's inside your head.
Do you know where the real Heaven is? It's beyond the clouds, a horizon we all see in the end.
That's why my head is always in the clouds, hoping to see that Heaven beyond the horizon of Life and Hell.
Sayonara, Adios, Goodbye.
Stella

Postby Sentios » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:47 pm

Huzzah! Now the fun can really begin. Thanks for the accept.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Akaine » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:27 am

Asmo, you can keep your character as a chimney sweep, if you like. I don't mind having two! But if you wanted to change jobs to be a deckhand or something of the like, I wouldn't say no to that either.

@Neo: I'd love to have you as a deckhand, musician or whatnot. :D
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:35 am

@ Akaine: Had a lot inspiration from Tik Tok and the transformers.

Through a name is tough, I will come up with something soon. Also I send you a pm.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Akaine » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:37 am

Hokay :3 I'll get to everyone's pm's shortly. For now..I need sleep XD G'night!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:40 am

I can understand, I look forward to your opinion on that monster.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby TheLivingCouch » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:45 am

And here we go, one CS hot off a nice refitting. Decided with the adaptation after all. MM convinced me.

Name: Carlon Groveland

Nickname: Moray Eel, Among lawmen and pirate circles

Sex: Male

Species: Human

Likes: Money, fools, parting the two, skirting the law, bananas.

Dislikes: The law and those who uphold it, people too clever for their own good, anyone who gets in his way.

Appearance: At first glance Carlon is a short and unassuming sort of a man. The kind of man you wouldn’t think about casting a second glance at in a crowd. He stands at 5’9’’ with short brown hair tanned skin and a clean shaven face. His features are plain and bare no distinguishing marks. In fact the only thing remarkably interesting about the man is a pair of square framed spectacles that he wears upon his face. At first glance they only add to his unassuming demeanor. You’d almost think he was aloof, almost to the point of being oblivious to the world around him. This however is just an act, one perfected over a good many years. At second glace a sly smile and a glint in his eye will hint at the cunning lurking underneath. Carlon can generally be found wearing a simple three buttoned off white collared shirt, loose fitting brown pants, and simple leather boots. Overtop he tends to don a practical drab green overcoat.

Blood Type: O+

History: Carlon was born to one of the many farming families on the continent of Kjell. He lived a normal childhood growing up on the farm with his family but was never satisfied with the farming life. It was too much hard work for too little money. He desired wealth far and beyond what small farming towns had to offer. First chance he got he shipped out to greener pastures, pastures rich with opportunity rather than fruits and vegetables.

The big city was where the money was so that is where he went. With nothing but the shirt on his back and a few coins in his pocket Carlon went into ‘business’ for himself. He didn’t deal in the legitimate kind of business however. He started out scamming people for all they would give, and learned a couple of things doing it. First, a fool and his money are soon parted, and second, never piss off the law man you can’t bribe. Those were two lessons Carlon took to heart very quickly. Before long he made it on the inside of some shady operations. He started small of course but quickly worked his way up the underworld’s food chain. His name could be linked to dozens of accounts of smuggling, racketeering, theft, murder, you name it. If he stood to gain Carlon did it. People wanted things, things the law didn’t want them to have, things they would pay good money for.

Carlon grew very good at providing those things to people. The best part was that no matter what he did, none of his scheming could be pinned on him. Carlon was always careful to cover his tracks, or have someone in place to take the fall. Smuggling was his best racket though, Carlon knew ships inside and out, and knew all the best ways and places to hide contraband, long having picked up the art of fashioning secret compartments into the hull of a ship and expertly crafted false bottomed barrels for hiding choice cargo. Unfortunately his luck did not hold out forever. Not so long ago he slipped up, took one too good to be job and got hammered for it. His whole operation crumbled. Carlon wormed his way aboard the first ship that owed him a favor and laid low for a while.

After some time he ended up back at home in Kjell. As fate would have it, he inherited the family farm after a bad fever took his parents the previous winter. Not one to waste an opportunity Carlon got to work. The neighbors who had stood to buy the whole estate dirt cheep had Carlon not arrived went off the deep end and decided to burn Carlon’s property to the ground. Naturally Carlon found out and took full advantage. He let the man set the oil himself then stabbed the man in the back out and dragged his body into the house before lighting the blaze himself. It was one of the most beautiful sights he had ever seen. Carlon had always hated the home in which he grew up. In the aftermath, Carlon was granted the property of his old neighbor in reparations. He kicked the old coot’s family of the land they had been working for generations and proceeded to sell both properties off in small chunks to the highest bidder. It was a much needed boon to Carlon’s dwindling resources.

Weapons: Carlon carries a single flintlock pistol with rifle boring as well as a pair of dirks. The dirks are carefully hidden on his personage so they can be easily drawn in a pinch without anyone knowing they are there to begin with. He is a decent shot with the pistol but excels in close fighting with the dirks, and can throw them with amazing accuracy over short distances.

Powers: Stealth Field: Carlon can take objects and make them invisible for periods of time or indefinitely if the object remains on his person. The skill is limited to small objects however, basically nothing bigger than a breadbox.

Stasis Field: Carlon can take anything within a container and put it into a sort of stasis. For as long as the container is not breached the contents cannot be affected by anything from the outside. The contents can also be retrieved from the container in the same condition it was placed in the container. Perishable goods will remain fresh, breakable goods won’t, and even frozen goods will retain their form and temperature. The effect only lasts as long as the container remains unopened or undamaged and must be reapplied every time it is. The affect can be applied to any size container but works best on small and medium sized containers

Weaknesses: The almighty coin. Carlon is a shrewd man but will very rarely pass up a chance to make some coin on the side.

Quirks: Carlon has a strange affinity for bananas. He can be seen eating one at almost any given time.

While he wears a pair of glasses he doesn’t actually need them. In fact the lenses are just simple pieces of glass. Carlon refuses to go out without them.

Job: Cooper

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:54 am

Oh man oh man, I look forward to Mister Mechanical to match wits with Carlon. Its going to be fun.
More Robots

Postby Tuor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:47 am

Personally I was expecting some description of the tools he has.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Geomancer » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:41 am

Yay! We get to work together!
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:23 pm

I think, I shall call my miracle master, Mister Mechanical, Maximus the Supreme
More Robots

Postby sam4books » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:25 pm

<3333333333
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Geomancer » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:11 pm

...Vin is so going to try and take you apart when you aren't looking.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:19 pm

This is exactly why, I picked Carlon to be the first one to wind him up.

Edit: Beyond that, he's the only one that would make sense to be in antiques shop and I doubt, I would be picked to be a pre existing member.
More Robots

Postby Akaine » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:46 pm

Couch, you're in! I'm also curious about the tools that Carlon uses, and what he carries them in. Is it like a paint brush pack that rolls out to display them all neatly in their sleeve? Or does he just throw them around because they're difficult to break?

I'm just nitpicking XD

And Iris, I'm working on yours!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:49 pm

Akaine, do you read my pms? I really like to know your opinion, because there is something I really want to discuss like I did with Sam.
More Robots

Postby TheLivingCouch » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Akaine wrote:Couch, you're in! I'm also curious about the tools that Carlon uses, and what he carries them in. Is it like a paint brush pack that rolls out to display them all neatly in their sleeve? Or does he just throw them around because they're difficult to break?

I'm just nitpicking XD

Thank you muchly Akaine. Honestly though I didn't put much thought into his cooper's tools. I'll do a little research and get right on it as soon as I have some time.

Postby Akaine » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:55 pm

Hokay, lemme know!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:02 pm

The barest frame, I'll try to work on it more tomorrow. Got stuff I've got to get done today, alas.

Name: Talathel Caladrel

Nickname: Stormcaller

Sex: Male

Species: High Elf

Dislikes: Guns,

Appearance:

Blood Type: AB-

History:

Weapons: His primary weapon is his canesword. Disguised as a finely crafted cane, with a quick twist of the handle Talathel can draw his blade, an also well made blade in the Elven dueling style, single edged, long and thin, made for quick slashes and parries. He is quite well trained in it's use, but due his injury is forced to stay fairly stationary while fighting. Beyond that he rarely fights these days, but still practices with it every few days out of habit.

His real weapons these days are his various instruments. His preference is the lute or violin, but he is plenty skilled with others, as he's spent many years traveling and learning new ones.

Powers: Back when he dueled Talathel was a fledgling electromancer, but he gave up learning it when he stopped swordfighting. He can still conjure a nasty shock or a flourish of sparks, but not much else. His true power this day is the ancient art of storm calling. Talathel can imbue his music with the magic of weather, manipulating it through sound and will. It isn't easy, and takes quite some concentration and skill to do. Despite it's name, it's not only making storms, although many who had tried to take it up do so with that intention. Perhaps it's most useful, and more commonly learned, skill is simply making calm breezes to move a ship along, or in some places it's used to make rain for crops. He is loathe to admit it, but Talathel can only occasionally pull of the summoning of a full force thunderstorm, typically making a slight mistake any time something distracts him. Still, that fact he knows the method to that level of the magic is enough to grant him attention. When he can in his travels he often seeks out greater levels of stormcalling, but those that know such magic are few and far between.

Weaknesses: His legs were badly injured many years back, and as such he has trouble moving about. He's unable to run, and relies on his cane to help him get around.

Quirks:

Pets(optional): None

Job: Muscian

Other Information:
Last edited by NeoWarrior7 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
For the Greater Good

Postby Timer » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:32 pm

*knocks* Still open ?

Postby Tuor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Yup.

Just deciding who we're accepting now, so if you can get your CS up in the next few days, that'd be good
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing