FPRP III OOC: New Beginnings

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: FPRP III: New Beginnings

Postby Sentios » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:37 pm

Zako wrote:OH FUCK YES.

So in. As a Master gunner.

Edit: Who the fuck...SOTH...

You'll just have to challenge him for the position. Ready. Fight.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Zako » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:50 pm

Damn right I am.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby sam4books » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:51 pm

I look forward to this immensely.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:00 pm

Geo, Zako, and Sentios, battling for Master Gunner or Gun Master, it should interesting to watch.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Zako » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:40 pm

Fuck it.

Going swordsman.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby QuiBears » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:43 pm

:D
You've tried so hard until now, you needn't blame yourself.
You've treasured your Rose Signet until now.
I shall give you a kiss as your reward.
This is your consolation.

Postby Marquis de Soth » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:05 am

Mastermind001 wrote:Geo, Zako, and Sentios, battling for Master Gunner or Gun Master, it should interesting to watch.

I didn't think that my chances were THAT bad.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:11 am

Updated, and I plan to stick with the Deckhand job. Cause really, I don't think he should have a hand in plotting certain things.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Tuor » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:54 am

Zako wrote:Fuck it.

Going swordsman.

Thumbs up, there was also BG07 after the gunner job, iirc.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Asmodai » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:02 am

So far only Gareth has also applied for chimney sweep, and I don't see how we couldn't work together... WE'LL BE THE BEST DAMNED CHIMNEY SWEEPERS EVER!
Mephobiac

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:42 am

A bit late to hop on the bandwagon at this point, but doesn't hurt anything to try.

Name: Dolior’than-menuska-Shanferron

Nickname: Dol to people close to him, Dolior otherwise

Age: 35 (Note: Although 35 years old, he would be only about 20 in maturity relative to the other races of the world, as high elves tend to live for quite a long time.)

Sex: Male

Species: High elf; Skirathian (Details below)
Umbar has always been an unforgiving continent. It seems a mystery why anybody would choose to settle in such a hostile land, but for some of its people the choice was never theirs to make. Fugitives from a deadly war on their long-forgotten homeland, the Skirath nation found no harbor within the other primitive nations of their time. They were eventually forced to take refuge in the caves and tunnels of the then-unpopulated Umbar, hundreds of years before any of the continent’s other inhabitants would ever find need to settle there. By the time its second wave of colonists arrived, however, there wasn’t a trace to be had of the Skirathians.

It wasn’t until barely a century ago that the nation, which was thought to be a fanciful tale told by old wives as a story for adventurous children, showed itself openly to the world. They had migrated far beneath the surface of Umbar, ever deeper into the tunnel system which had been their original shelter from the turmoil of the world outside. The other Umbarans avoided them at first out of superstitious fear, but in a surprisingly short time overcame the initial shock and was willing to open trade relations with Skirath.

It was at this time that it was discovered that the Skirathians couldn’t return to the surface, even if they had wanted to. Centuries of tunnel life had paled their skin even further than usual for high elves, and their eyes had become sensitive to the point where sunlight could permanently blind any of them exposed to it in a matter of seconds. The simplest solution was an incredibly powerfully tinted set of goggles to be worn by anyone who planned a trip to the surface.

Naturally, the main export from Skirath is metal ores and uncut precious gems, since few of the inhabitants have any proficiency with smithing or jewel crafting. However, the Skirathians are adept at the sciences and fine arts, as high elves tend to be.

Likes: Friendly people, music, bodies of water (for now), anything green and growing

Dislikes: Fighting, fire, loud noises, strong sunlight, and bad poetry

Appearance: 5’11” tall, with stark white hair and incredibly pale skin. About 140 pounds, with an unusually round face for one descended from high elves. Dolior’s people make little fuss over colors anymore, and so his attire is all spun of the same smooth, but heavy gray material. The material is baggy, but is tightly buttoned at the wrists and ankles to give an ironic impression of a desert nomad group’s regular fashion.

Blood Type: O-

History: Dolior comes from the respectable Shanferron family, which literally translates into “iron bones” in their dialect. It is the only remaining noble house that still trains all of its members in the use of the reita, or double scythe, although its main prestige comes from its ancient bloodline and expansive construction business. Dolior himself had actually been apprenticed to his father’s chief builder for the past decade, and only recently had finished his apprenticeship under the master constructor. Without warning, his father irrationally set upon him and ousted him from the family estate, declaring that he should come back once he had accomplished a feat “worthy of the family history”. Puzzled and a little angered, Dol quickly recognized the need to leave his unexciting community if he wanted to gain the knowledge and experience to one day inherit the family name.

Weapons: A regular reita, with a band wrapped around the center depicting his family’s crest. A dagger on the left side of his belt.

Powers: Can see in any amount of low light; incredible hearing and sense of touch; has an instinctive insight into which fungi are good to eat and which ones are dangerous.

Weaknesses: At almost all times, Dolior must be wearing his special dark goggles, which makes his vision poor in even the best of circumstances. If these are removed anywhere brighter than a room with only one candle in it, he will be unable to see. Additionally, strong sunlight may cause an allergic reaction on unprotected skin.

Quirks: Dol is the first Skirathian to leave Umbar in nearly ten years, due to the dangers and difficulties of traveling for his people. Also, he is left-handed, which is shown in a marked difference in his use of his reita. Allergic to most types of nut.

Edit:Not really a quirk, more of a racial feature that affects about 2/3 of the population. Due to centuries of genetic stagnation, most Skirathians (including Dol) have been left devoid of any sense of smell and, as a result, taste. Because of this, the texture of any type of food is paramount to them.

Pets(optional): None

Job: Carpenter
Last edited by Innocence Abandoned on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Iris » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:26 am

CS is done for now, I may add something to the 'Other Information' but I'll notify you Akaine if I figure something noteworthy. I hope my history and technology works with your designs if not please tell me.

Lastly I'll be adding a picture of my character once I finish painting him.

Postby Tuor » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:11 am

Carpenter seems like an incredibly random job for your character to be applying for, IA
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Sentios » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:47 am

Mastermind001 wrote:Geo, Zako, and Sentios, battling for Master Gunner or Gun Master, it should interesting to watch.

I wasn't going for Master Gunner.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Iris » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:48 am

Updated the appearance with the representative model.

Postby BG07 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:54 am

Tuor wrote:
Zako wrote:Fuck it.

Going swordsman.

Thumbs up, there was also BG07 after the gunner job, iirc.

Nope, going for the navigator. It would be kinda redundant having someone who refuses to kill people as the gunner of your ship.

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:01 am

There seems to be some confusion, so perhaps a list will help.
Note, I'm going off what's listed on each sheet, so if you've changed your mind, I have no clue.
Not including Sam's housekeep, who is already accepted.
Also note not all are complete, or even that far along, but I'm listing all posted sheets.

Cook:
Jacques Desmarais - Fummofu

Deckhands:
Mister Mechanical - Mastermind001
Peter Sampson - Iris

First Mate:
Yuuki Whitefang - Karo
Faust LeFleur - HeartlessAngel18

Master Gunner
Big Ivan - Lord Soth
Vin Restalt - Geomancer

Chimney Sweep:
Fissk Amber-eye - Garethcool
Rai'q Nanato - Asmodai

Boatswain:
Lul Dac Regah Cu Zelrinch - Sentios

Doctor:
Eward Sebastian Abraham Valentine - Archrival

Minstrel:
Quinnverra Shaydale - QuiBears

Masterswordsman:
Karvon Vile - CrimsonJack

Navigator:
Leo Caravaggi - BG07

Carpenter:
Dolior’than-menuska-Shanferron - Innocence Abandoned
For the Greater Good

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Tuor wrote:Carpenter seems like an incredibly random job for your character to be applying for, IA

Well in his history it says he was apprenticed to the chief of his father's construction business for 10 years... Hopefully it isn't impossible to go from building houses to building ships, even though they used mostly stone for their houses.

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Robot vs Cyborg, there needs to be a fight between them.
More Robots

Postby Iris » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:39 pm

"I challenge ya ta a starin' contes', metal man! READY! SET! Wai'.... ya don' go' eny eyes ta! Das bloomen chea'ng tha is!"

But in all seriousness it would be interesting though it would learn more in the robot's favor in the long term.

Postby Geomancer » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:52 pm

Alright, almost done. Just need to expand the history since it is way too short and create an appearance.

EDIT:

Appearance is done. Now for the history and finishing touches.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Garethcool » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Asmodai wrote:So far only Gareth has also applied for chimney sweep, and I don't see how we couldn't work together... WE'LL BE THE BEST DAMNED CHIMNEY SWEEPERS EVER!

Chim-Chimney Chim-chimney chim chim charoo good sir!
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Gigafist » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:59 pm

Name: Purah

Nickname: Iron Hands, due to the fact that his hands are made of iron.

Sex: Male

Species: Earthen

The Earthen are a species that hasn't been classified as of yet, though some say they should fall under the category of Golems or Constructs due to the fact that they are made of stone or gems, while others arguing that they should have their own classification since they are sentient beings with feelings, hopes and dreams and can think. Whatever you consider them, they are a society that is made up of only men, no women, as they have no need for sexual desires and such and how more are "created" is unknown to those outside from their kind, but a ritual is performed at the Anvil of Creation where the first of their kind was made by their deity, Tytan. Every hundred years this ritual is performed and at its conclusion the outer layer of the Anvil fades away and gives birth to new Earthen, who walk the land for the first time.

They are ruled by a council of three; their king, the spiritual leader and the commander of their armed forces, but the king usually has final say over all subject matters and none dare to disobey. They are an indigenous people who aim to master anything that they learn, mainly specializing in making things such as weapons and armor. Some are even able to imbue the things they create with magic, such as causing the weapon to be surrounded in flames or similar, though the mastering of magic is something of a difficulty for their kind, so such individuals are rare.

Their bodies are made up entirely of stone, though those of higher status stand out with the fact that their body will be made up of hardier material, such as iron or steel, or will have their bodies made completely out of rare gems, such as the current kind who is made out of Emeralds. They have no need for sleep, eat nor bleed, though they can be destroyed if you destroy the crystal heart at the core of their chest.

Likes: Order, the sound of his hammer striking metal, crafting anything, tidiness and staring at the night sky.

Dislikes: Having his works space messy, poorly made items (made from inferior or cheap materiel, shortcuts use to make said item, etc, etc,), seeing his companions die, and loud noises in general (detailed more in history.)

Appearance: Even by Earthen standards Purah stands as a giant, standing at a whooping 8'5. He doesn't have hair in the traditional sense, but has what looks like red crystal fragments that go up in a spiky style. (Think like Goku's hair when he's a super saiyan, but red and made out of crystals.) His body build is like that of an average sized fighter. (Somewhere along the lines like this guy but with a little more bulk) He doesn't normally wear a shirt, not really needing to, though does wear a pair of simple blue britches and his skin is stone grey in color except for his hands, which are made of iron instead of stone like the rest of him due to a magical accident. (Think along the lines of Ferrus Manus and you won't be too far off base.)

Blood type: Has none since he's made out of stone.

History: WIP

Weapons: Though he's made many weapons in the past, Purah tends to use only his hammer or his fists to fight with.

Powers: Before the magical accident he was becoming adept at using magic pertaining to earth. Afterwards, however, he noticed that while his powers weakened a little, he was not capable of controlling metal to a small degree. (Hardening or making it so that it won't break under stress, fixing broken pieces without having to use a furnace, etc, etc.)

Weaknesses: Though he has a tough body and portrays a tough personality, he harbors in him a kind soul that can easily be fooled by a sob story unless he's on guard of such.

Quirks: Most of the time Purah can be found speaking to objects around him, whether its his hammer, the item he's working on or just about anything and if asked about this he'll explain that he was speaking to the soul of the item. He's also anal about the order of his work space and if he finds even one thing out of place he will go into a bit of rage and seek out the fiend who caused the atrocity.

Pet(s): None

Job: Blacksmith

Postby Zako » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:10 am

WIP

Name: Aki Lightingfall

Nickname: “September”

Sex: Female

Species: Shiro-ookami- The Lightingfall Clan and their allies are wolf-like demi-humans hailing from the mountain range of Videmur. Its population of Shiro-ookami has fallen in number recently due to the recent exodus of people seeking adventure outside the ancestral homeland. Videmur has nonetheless has largely been kept hidden from the world.

Likes: Meat, grains, swords, guns, knives and tool-boxing assistants.

Dislikes: Vegetables, assistants, shitty people, and slimy things.

Appearance:

Blood Type: O+

History: The Lightingfall Clan and its allies are the wardens of Videmur, an ancient place where the original 250 Great White Swords were forged from a metal that fell from the sky. Since Videmur produces swords of high quality and in sufficient numbers to arm almost every single inhabitant that lives there, Videmur swords are highly sought after, with the Great White Swords even more sought after. By this Aki was born in one of the most guarded and closed societies, owing to the Lightingfall Clan’s intent to hold monopoly over the ever dwindling supply of White Silver.

Weapons: Great White Sword #141- A large broadsword named so by the number engraved on the blade, indicating it is the 141st Great White Sword (sometimes called White-Blades) forged in Videmur. Heavy enough to require two hands but can be used in one hand if need be. A trademark of the Great White Swords is that it has blood of both maker and past users imbued into its blade, the blade allows the present user to experience heightened battle senses, sharpening both the mind and the body to the rigors of battle thus adding to Aki’s already impressive abilities. The sword is a straight, angle-tipped, silver-white blade with a yellow bandaged handle. It cannot be handled by anyone except by ookami. Those who try will find it unwieldy, cumbersome and downright unfriendly (accident prone much?), a security measure implemented by its makers. If the present user dies, the sword automatically returns to its forge to await its next user.

Short Swords- Two well crafted short swords. Often seen together in battle.

Buckler Shield- A well crafted and well used buckler shield that normally is mounted on the left forearm. It is emblazoned with the symbol of the Lightingfall Clan, a red maple leaf. Made from the lightest and strongest metal possible and lined with wood.

Throwing Knives- Cheap throwing knives. Often used as a dinner implement.

Combat Knife- A very sharp, balanced combat knife specifically made for battle. Features a clean, sharp blade to ensure maximum penetration and damage.

Powers: Faster, stronger, responsive, and much less fragile than most other species. Due to isolation in the mountains, Aki’s clan has developed much heightened visual and auditory senses which are both a boom and bane.

Bonded Sword- Aki is Blood-bonded with her sword. This means she can summon her sword when the correct ritual is performed.

Weaknesses: Requires more food than humans and has a massive and deep fear/loathing/hate of arachnids of any sort(with amusing but costly results). She is also susceptible to high pitched noises and strong smells.

Quirks: “Hey wolf-girl. I hear you like it rough how about you and me gooooAAWWWOARRHHH MY. ARMMM!”
Incredibly vulgar and arrogant to people she finds in contempt or believed to be below her in skill, strength or intelligence. However when someone gets to know her well, you will find underneath that hard shell of wolf is a nice puppy wanting attention.

Pets(optional): None

Job: Master SwordsWOMAN. I shit on your sexist job title.

Other Information:
Last edited by Zako on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Karo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:28 am

>.>
<.<

Redundancy is redundant.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing