Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby Imosa » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:46 pm

It'd be hilarious if Bleed didn't stop teasing that Raven was her mom, just to confuse readers.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: EST
Gender: None specified

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby youngblood » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:53 pm

these last few pages have been cool and all, but it ruins ppgd knowing that they all eventually die :(
offline
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:32 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby youngblood » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:01 pm

it hasnt really specified which ppl died, so i think the mom will be buttercup, she looks like her
offline
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:32 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby Imosa » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:32 pm

youngblood wrote:these last few pages have been cool and all, but it ruins ppgd knowing that they all eventually die :(
Not exactly true. Consider this to be a possible future of PPGD universe. It is not the future of the PPGD comic here on the site. This is the official story from the GT staff.

youngblood wrote:it hasnt really specified which ppl died, so i think the mom will be buttercup, she looks like her
I think it's been implied that all the main heros died.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: EST
Gender: None specified

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby LightEbonyDarkIvory » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Imosa wrote:
youngblood wrote:it hasnt really specified which ppl died, so i think the mom will be buttercup, she looks like her
I think it's been implied that all the main heros died.

It was also implied that Raven was Mimi's mother, and look how that turned out. This comic likes to fuck with ya.
Doubt fucks everything. Take a foundation, no matter how strong, sprinkle generously with doubt, and watch it crumble. Me? I’m unfuckwithable. - CM Punk
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:46 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby Imosa » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:43 am

LightEbonyDarkIvory wrote:
Imosa wrote:
youngblood wrote:it hasnt really specified which ppl died, so i think the mom will be buttercup, she looks like her
I think it's been implied that all the main heros died.

It was also implied that Raven was Mimi's mother, and look how that turned out. This comic likes to fuck with ya.
Fair enough. Let me strengthen my possition. http://grim.snafu-comics.com/?comic_id=171
Now there is a difference between Grim saying "dem heros done fell" and Mimi stumbling over her 'm's. Grim is pretty clear that some people died, now if Buttercup was among them is questionable but it does seem like he was talking about the heros on the previous page.
Also, just because the comic thoroughly mislead it's readers once does not mean this is a trend. Don't expect to start seeing everyone nit pick about their word choice.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: EST
Gender: None specified

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby LightEbonyDarkIvory » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:04 pm

Ah, yes. I agree the implication is much stronger there. Still the superheroes featured on that page seem like the strongest. I wonder who else is left that is strong enough to match Him, not to mention someone who doesn't hate everything...
Also, I wouldn't want everyone else doesn't start nit picking their word choice. I'm neurotic enough about that, thank you. lol A whole bunch of people doing that would be unnecessary. IT'S A CURSE! AVOID!
Doubt fucks everything. Take a foundation, no matter how strong, sprinkle generously with doubt, and watch it crumble. Me? I’m unfuckwithable. - CM Punk
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:46 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby shadowfire16 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:46 pm

ooooooooo NICE twist cant wate to see her real mom
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:11 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby Xi-1 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Hmm. I think there are two possibilities:
1. Dee Dee: She could be alive in GT, unlike in PPGD. Power: Way of the Dee Dee. She wouldn't lie with HIM by choice, but he is a Devil. He can trick whomever he wants. On the other hand, Mimi does not resemble Dee Dee.

2. Olga: Black hair, check. Mystery past and link to villains, check. Power: the ability to make lightning strike wherever someone says 'LALA VAVa.' Why lie with a Devil? Why not? Settle, unlikely. Yet she could be caring toward family, and indeed caring enough to remand Mimi into the community's care if she had to go away.

Bubbles is unlikely because HIM's control wouldn't work right the second time. Not long enough to do what would be required. Also, no resemblance between Bubbles and Mimi, either appearance or power wise.

Any straight human girl would be unlikely because HIM wouldn't choose anyone without power... unless he just wanted someone with his power, because then it could even be Trixie Tang. What a burn on Timmy!

Raven is clearly on-guard against HIM now. There goes that thought about them being allies, despite HIM slashing Raven. The war hath many sides.
A Page Flipper
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:45 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby youngblood » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:08 pm

or number 3, or terra from teen titans
offline
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:32 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby mintcream95 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:39 am

Xi-1 wrote:Hmm. I think there are two possibilities:
1. Dee Dee: She could be alive in GT, unlike in PPGD. Power: Way of the Dee Dee. She wouldn't lie with HIM by choice, but he is a Devil. He can trick whomever he wants. On the other hand, Mimi does not resemble Dee Dee.

2. Olga: Black hair, check. Mystery past and link to villains, check. Power: the ability to make lightning strike wherever someone says 'LALA VAVa.' Why lie with a Devil? Why not? Settle, unlikely. Yet she could be caring toward family, and indeed caring enough to remand Mimi into the community's care if she had to go away.

Bubbles is unlikely because HIM's control wouldn't work right the second time. Not long enough to do what would be required. Also, no resemblance between Bubbles and Mimi, either appearance or power wise.

Any straight human girl would be unlikely because HIM wouldn't choose anyone without power... unless he just wanted someone with his power, because then it could even be Trixie Tang. What a burn on Timmy!

Raven is clearly on-guard against HIM now. There goes that thought about them being allies, despite HIM slashing Raven. The war hath many sides.


Have you ever thought about Rukia from Bleach???
May be adorable in the outside but Dangerous on the inside. O3O

http://stormsurge98.deviantart.com/
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 2:48 pm
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Gender: None specified

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:13 am

Bleedman has a standard "no-anime" policy, making that option have about a snowball's chance in hell of being correct.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:13 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby apstorm » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:38 am

wonder3 wrote:(TIP: does him still have his old voice if so change it becuase it no longer fits him even the way he speaks is different)

Hm... that is something to consider. I kept trying to imagine his weird voice from the series saying these things... I found this collection as an attempt to work that out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTD1NDNFIg
"Dropping a warship on me is cheating...take it back!"

"Having left his homeland, he never yields, never retreats, and never regrets. He faces forward and never looks back! He's manly! He's tenacious! Kamina of Team Gurren is here to take you on. Lets go!"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:11 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby venom0825 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:39 pm

I think that mimi mom is blossom
no hope
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:03 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby stratus » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:36 pm

Innocence Abandoned wrote:Bleedman has a standard "no-anime" policy, making that option have about a snowball's chance in hell of being correct.
yea true i've noticed that. samantha was the only exception. since shes originally from medabots.
offline
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:43 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby silvercover » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:57 am

stratus wrote:
Innocence Abandoned wrote:Bleedman has a standard "no-anime" policy, making that option have about a snowball's chance in hell of being correct.
yea true i've noticed that. samantha was the only exception. since shes originally from medabots.


ah no.

cameo of the robot creators of astroboy and X(megaman):
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=222

you can see panty and stocking here:
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/?comic_id=201

they're not really significant like samantha. but its proof that its not impossible for anime characters to be included.
I think rukia is too far fetch to be the one though, I mean really...
offline
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:38 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Momma's Gonna Help You Out

Postby mintcream95 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:46 pm

Innocence Abandoned wrote:Bleedman has a standard "no-anime" policy, making that option have about a snowball's chance in hell of being correct.



Worth a try of guess. Buttercup?
May be adorable in the outside but Dangerous on the inside. O3O

http://stormsurge98.deviantart.com/
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 2:48 pm
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Gender: None specified

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests