Sweet Spot

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Sweet Spot

Postby Magicwaterz » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:25 am

Xi-1 wrote:It's a multi-reference, SPF (and hey, your number's missing).

It'd be nice of Dexter could help Jenny recover from being infected by the Cluster, but to do that he'd also have to get through the Cluster's bots, including the one that's jacked into Jenny. The Heroes need more guns on their side... where's Doof with his Begoninator when you need him (and it)?
["Would you like a muffin, sir?"]
("It's not Muffin Time!")

It occurs to me that stomping on a bug that's about the same size as you may not be such a good idea. Bubbles has more Powerpuff powers (standard ones like speed, flight, vision, and laser eyes). She could make more use of them. She and Courage ought to fight back-to-back. I always knew it was a bad idea to piss Bubbles off, though. BUBBLES RAGE!

Additionally, it's CLOBBERIN' TIME!
HULK SMASH!
And all that.

I don't think Doof will be there, he's still busy trying to take-over the entire Tri-state area, again, and get thwarted by Perry, again. Wait, Phineas and Ferb were at the Science Fair, could it be possible... Nah... I think they're just visiting there from Danville.

And I just love Bubbles' rage too...

What are the chances that something surprising will happen next...
Beware of anger meltdowns

"子どもね" - Iris

Vagueness is definitely vague...

"If he's here then he'd 'doom' us!" - Emily

Become one with mother Russia, da?
--
My Comics:
Plants vs Zombies: http://magicwaterz16.deviantart.com/gallery/29338219
Pyramid Chief Anubis: http://magicwaterz16.deviantart.com/gallery/33588465

Postby BeeAre » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:55 am

wonder3 wrote:Who else of the heroes are here fighting?
Another key note considering it is a teleportation and not a warp device it reqiures the user to be in the same solar system meaning this is the advanced force before the main force arrives by ship.

o_o

what are you talking about. what rule is this that warp devices require someone be in the same solar system. what sci fi are you watching that you get that rule from?
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby wonder3 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:21 pm

BeeAre wrote:
Another key note considering it is a teleportation and not a warp device it reqiures the user to be in the same solar system meaning this is the advanced force before the main force arrives by ship.

o_o

what are you talking about. what rule is this that warp devices require someone be in the same solar system. what sci fi are you watching that you get that rule from?

Sorry Bee:
Star trek, Stargate, Outer limits, sliders, tales from the dark side, and twilight zone warp devices are like the wormholes and qwasi space Bee Are while telportation is set to a certian point and the farther away it is the more energy it takes to power the device the physics require to stay connected as long as it has requires either the power of a few solar systems or that they are in the same solar system Bee Are this is the flaw with telportation. While on the other hand precise calculations and preexisting elements make up the requirments for warp devices meaning they do not need a fixed point like XJ9 to activate, although any mess up in calculations can wind up like "Lost In Space" or interference while inside the bubble/pocket space that is devolped from this can also cuase a error that can throw you off course by light years or even into another reality. Warp devices reqiure less energy becuase it is like a random number generator without the calculations while teleportation connects to specific points and are powered by both sides meaning that XJ9 either has huge hulking battery or is powered by dark matter, or the cluster are in the same solar system. It was proven in the nick show that she is powered by a core(not sure of what) if it is dark matter than if it is tampered with it could break reality so either the cluster is in the same solar system or you are using a warp device with a energy burst locator on it kind of like the gates in Stargate are.
Last edited by wonder3 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn

Postby Magicwaterz » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:23 pm

BeeAre wrote:

o_o

I just searched the definition of warp at wiktionary...

A theoretical construct that permits travel across a medium without passing through it normally, such as a teleporter or time warp.

So technically, a warp device and teleportation are practically the same thing...

And I have to agree, I haven't heard or read a rule about that.

I usually notice that it can happen as long as you're in the same universe (in common aspects in the same plane). Correct me if I'm wrong or if I still lack something...

"子どもね" - Iris

--
My Comics:

Postby TheDash » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:30 pm

wonder3 wrote:
Who else of the heroes are here fighting?

Perhaps our friend means that a warp device is more or less for a single user to jump from one place to another; while a teleporter is similar to a stargate, with the link from point a to point b remaining open? But I'm just spitballin' here; I can hardly make sense of it either.

Postby Baka-Fool » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:09 pm

SuperFireDagwon wrote:And I'm grateful for that strategically place bit of clothing when she does that kick in the last panel. While personally a bit immune to panty shots by now thanks to years of anime this way we can avoid another 8-10 pages of discussion on it..

I don’t think the lack of a panty shot here was an intentional attempt at modesty by BM, but, intentionally done because it would have looked awkward with Bubbles in that pose flashing a bit of panties.

Though her dress is now a bit tattered from the ceiling that fell on her, the splits in the dress were there from the start and I would guess they serve a purpose besides looking cute. Most likely they minimize the likelihood of allowing the dress to be lifted up while doing kicks in a dance routine. Also, I am no expert, but, her pose suggest she is just putting all her weight on her right leg and kicking out sideway with the left. Not exactly the best strike for a panty shot in that dress. :Bubbles:

Personally, I am all for a bit of fan service, however, I also prefer it when clothing behaves the way it should in action scenes. So, I will take what I can get and can’t wait to see what happens next on PPGD. w00t
"Optimistic wishes usually don't come true." - Triela (Gunslinger Girls)

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Various Characters

Postby Omniczar » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:59 pm

'Leave my dog alone'

Where on earth have I heard that before?
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro

Postby IdCard » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Dexter needs to assist XJ9 with that robotic pimple on her head and gear up with some big guns and a badass mech suit or some crazy-ass shit like that. Just sayin'!
~Life is just like a game :grin: , except you only get to play it once. :(~

Postby shadownerd221 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:00 pm

Were going to need kick ass music for the next page. Anyone got any suggestions?

Postby IdCard » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:04 pm

shadownerd221 wrote:Were going to need kick ass music for the next page. Anyone got any suggestions?

Sonic Generations: Crisis City *Modern/Classic Remix*
~Life is just like a game :grin: , except you only get to play it once. :(~

Postby JokerX25 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:34 pm

IdCard wrote:
shadownerd221 wrote:Were going to need kick ass music for the next page. Anyone got any suggestions?

Sonic Generations: Crisis City *Modern/Classic Remix*

I'd go with modern remix. classic is more like a character introdution type of music.

Postby Masterius » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:31 am

Erm.... I see a lot of references to Bubbles using a 'sonic boom'. But I don't think that's what she used. It looks more like the 'energy frisbee' she threw way back (Final Blow & Powers).
Sundered Sisters: a PPG fanfic
Last Update: 03/31/2012

comments and critiques welcomed

Image Image Image

Postby silvercover » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:48 am

lukeape wrote:I like these bugs even though they're trying to kill everyone. I hope they don't all get destroyed.

I like the bugs too. they make pretty funny comments.

oh and the move bubbles used is the one from the game. you know, that flash game of PPGD...

Postby Magicwaterz » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:02 am

silvercover wrote:
lukeape wrote:I like these bugs even though they're trying to kill everyone. I hope they don't all get destroyed.

I like the bugs too. they make pretty funny comments.

oh and the move bubbles used is the one from the game. you know, that flash game of PPGD...

Do you mean that fighting game?... I haven't used Bubbles in that game or even see Bubbles using it in game, or I just forgot about it... Dang! My previous phrase reminds me of Doof's inventions...

"子どもね" - Iris

--
My Comics:

Postby mario2192 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:29 am

I love this ppgd story so much. good work on the design and storyline bleedman!:D

Postby FangOfFenrir » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:31 am

I'd almost say they should just cough up two cents and save XJ9, her belly bolt is a coin slot. Using it wipes any viruses and does a total repair/recharge.

Postby stratus » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:49 pm

Masterius wrote:Erm.... I see a lot of references to Bubbles using a 'sonic boom'. But I don't think that's what she used. It looks more like the 'energy frisbee' she threw way back (Final Blow & Powers).
its not necesarily a sonic boom like when you go past the speed of sound. its a refrence to a special attack from street fighter. http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Boom also check out Bell ^^

Postby Masterius » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:09 pm

stratus wrote:
Masterius wrote:Erm.... I see a lot of references to Bubbles using a 'sonic boom'. But I don't think that's what she used. It looks more like the 'energy frisbee' she threw way back (Final Blow & Powers).
its not necesarily a sonic boom like when you go past the speed of sound. its a refrence to a special attack from street fighter. http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Boom also check out Bell ^^

Ah ::nods:: KK. Thanks for the explanation. I'm afraid I'm at a massive disadvantage compared to most --if not all-- here, as the only aspect I have any familiarity with at all are the Powerpuff Girls. I'm pretty sure there have been a mort o' references (if not outright visitations) regarding other characters and events that I haven't noticed and/or understood. :unsure:
Sundered Sisters: a PPG fanfic
Last Update: 03/31/2012

comments and critiques welcomed

Image Image Image

Postby konata50 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Baka-Fool wrote:
SuperFireDagwon wrote:And I'm grateful for that strategically place bit of clothing when she does that kick in the last panel. While personally a bit immune to panty shots by now thanks to years of anime this way we can avoid another 8-10 pages of discussion on it..

I don’t think the lack of a panty shot here was an intentional attempt at modesty by BM, but, intentionally done because it would have looked awkward with Bubbles in that pose flashing a bit of panties.

Though her dress is now a bit tattered from the ceiling that fell on her, the splits in the dress were there from the start and I would guess they serve a purpose besides looking cute. Most likely they minimize the likelihood of allowing the dress to be lifted up while doing kicks in a dance routine. Also, I am no expert, but, her pose suggest she is just putting all her weight on her right leg and kicking out sideway with the left. Not exactly the best strike for a panty shot in that dress. :Bubbles:

Personally, I am all for a bit of fan service, however, I also prefer it when clothing behaves the way it should in action scenes. So, I will take what I can get and can’t wait to see what happens next on PPGD. w00t

i think because how the kick was should have had it but i hope lots come soon Bubbles only had 1 i think blossom and bell have had over like 14 lol maybe an enemy will lift it lol
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby Omegalittlebob » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:56 pm

Is anyone else less interested in PPGD now that we know most everyone is going to die? Not that PPGD is bad now, I just think the story in Grim Tales is way more interesting (And moving at a better pace) then PPGD is.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:45 pm

Omegalittlebob wrote:Is anyone else less interested in PPGD now that we know most everyone is going to die? Not that PPGD is bad now, I just think the story in Grim Tales is way more interesting (And moving at a better pace) then PPGD is.

Welcome to the forum. Please make sure to read the Global Forum Rules thread.

BeeAre, the writer for PPGD, has confirmed that Grim Tales and this comic are not in the same reality/universe, so don't feel like this series will eventually end in everyone's catastrophic deaths just because of that.

Your allowed to have your opinions, but I personally think that Grim Tales is currently less interesting than PPGD. I can't decide overall which one I like more, but at present that's how it is for me since GT is only doing a filler arc.

Postby shadownerd221 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:56 pm

Innocence Abandoned wrote:
Omegalittlebob wrote:Is anyone else less interested in PPGD now that we know most everyone is going to die? Not that PPGD is bad now, I just think the story in Grim Tales is way more interesting (And moving at a better pace) then PPGD is.

Welcome to the forum. Please make sure to read the Global Forum Rules thread.

BeeAre, the writer for PPGD, has confirmed that Grim Tales and this comic are not in the same reality/universe, so don't feel like this series will eventually end in everyone's catastrophic deaths just because of that.

Your allowed to have your opinions, but I personally think that Grim Tales is currently less interesting than PPGD. I can't decide overall which one I like more, but at present that's how it is for me since GT is only doing a filler arc.

Well, both are pretty good to read. Yet each time there are debates of both stories being in the same universe but in an alternate timeline.

Postby Omegalittlebob » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:18 pm

Do they really still say that PPGD and GT are not in the same Universe? Even with all the recent reveals in GT? If that's so then this new page makes me less interested. IDK, this probably isn't the right place for this discussion anyway.

Postby BeeAre » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:42 pm

Omegalittlebob wrote:Do they really still say that PPGD and GT are not in the same Universe? Even with all the recent reveals in GT? If that's so then this new page makes me less interested. IDK, this probably isn't the right place for this discussion anyway.

i should think that you would be less interested in the story that won't exist, yes, but now you can be interested in guessing what ACTUALLY happens.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Xi-1 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:46 pm

The chances of something surprising happening, you ask? Eight:two in favour, or four in one. I'm just grabbing out of nowhere, but it reflects that fact that sometimes people manage to call what will happen next.

PPGD and GT are both interesting. They're just different, so perhaps we can all sit back and enjoy the show that's being produced for us for free. And honestly, BeeAre has already told us the chances of any fan-generated idea being used: it's zero.

The problem with Dexter using any of his gadgets is that they have about an even chance of getting infected by the Cluster and then being used against the Heroes. But if Jenny's coinslot bellybutton can really wipe viruses, then he should get a slingshot out and take aim as soon as possible. This requires putting Olga down, though.

Bubbles has always been my favourite Powerpuff: she can seem a bit airheaded, but Buttercup tends to be violent and rude, and Blossom is a little too opinionated and strong-willed sometimes -- it messes with their teamwork -- which can lead to worse things than an argument. Bubbles can talk with just about anyone, and is the team's link to Bullet. If they ever met, Bubbles and Squirrel Girl would probably become close friends (and talk to each other in both languages).
A Page Flipper

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!