The Golem's Greeting

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Golem's Greeting

Postby silvercover » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:22 am

shadownerd221 wrote:Fan fic for this plot? I have to say I've seen alot of fics of GT and PPGD in FF.Net. Many try to have an original storyline for both series to be related but they end up confusing people by adding their own OCs or by having certain characters die. Yet it is not a bad idea, but won't they need approveval by Bleedman, BeeAre, or Grids?

fanfics in general dont need approval, they just have to have a disclaimer. though I wonder how it works for this one, since im guessing its not exactly mainstream nor is it published(?).

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Imosa wrote:Actually Hoss can be seen in panel 3, slumped over in the Golem's hand.

Ahh, I see him now. Dead? Probably?

konata50 wrote: i cant wait to see How Mandy Grim and Danny fight HIM if the worlds total of heros Could not do it

Whose to say that they did? Danny wouldn't have done anything, since either he's dead, or somewhere else, and Dark Danny was trapped in the tube for probably a long time, totally unaware of what was happening in the real world.

Mandy and Grim might have banished him to one of the Kingdom's of the Underworld. Or he himself left and returned back to it. With the heroes (or at least the ones he cared about) dead, and his daughter in his hands, what more could he want? But then again, what if another power rose to defeat him, and he now seeks Jr's power to destroy it? Hmm, interesting.

StormPunk wrote:tho rly u think SNAFU will put in Skull Master?

Not a topic of conversation here. Please stick to the topic, or you will be reported and action will be taken against you. Also, use the correct spelling and grammar rules, none of that short handed shit. Please read the rules before you continue to post.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Gato » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:11 pm

I'm a little reminded of the scene from the Lion King, as cub Simba is trying to roar at the encroaching hyenas and failing, and on his last attempt, a monstrous roar erupts! Oh, wait, it's his bad ass dad coming to kill shit.

But, I digress. Nice page.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby Xi-1 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:09 pm

'Though that does bring up an interesting question, Gato: have they run out of reinforcements and thus people who can conceivably save them? Considering this is a Worst Fear Flashback, I'm going to say 'yes, yes they have.'

About legal ramifications: since this is a fanwork based on established works, Bleedman and Griddles would have to jump through a series of hoops just to get this published officially -- and really, who needs all the hassle. That's why it's a web-doujin. That's why neither this nor PPGD will ever be made into an official work, such as an anime -- there are just too many copyright issues.

But anyone can make a fanwork without getting sued so long as it's not used to turn a profit.
A Page Flipper

Postby Gato » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:21 pm

Well, that was more directed at the fact that Mimi was throwing rocks at the golem, and then Raven smashed it's head with a large boulder...
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby Xi-1 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Smashed AT its head. I find it to be a poor idea in general to hit a golem with its own element: you don't put out a Fire Elemental with flaming arrows, you get a fire truck and hook it up to a hydrant. Too bad there aren't any water-wielding heroes around.

That said, Aqua Lad wins the 'Most Awesome' prize from me in the new 'Young Justice' cartoon.
A Page Flipper

Postby Gato » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:36 am

...Regardless. I was only trying to point out a similarity I saw personally, not trying to spark some intense debate over the effectiveness of a boulder to the face.

Postby FangOfFenrir » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:38 pm

I believe it's Finn who said, "Dude, stop....saying...all this...crazy...nonsense. It's makin' me messed up. I'm 13. You're messin' me up". We all remember this is a hallucination brought on by Horror's Hand (a battery operated toy...IT'S GOT A SWITCH!), correct? Well, it is only a greatest fear, and it hasn't even gone bad yet (i.e. Mimi being injured/killed). Think of it from the RPG Video Game perspective. If you're fighting an enemy with 8,000 HP , Mimi's doing 800 base dam. with Rock Flurry, but she's getting all the aggro. Raven takes some of that away, but she's only a distraction.
The Rules of Horror's Hand:
1.Friends/Allies cannot destroy fear.
2.Friends/Allies may distract fear with attacks.
3.Attacks from Allies/Friends do minimal damage.
4. Outside guests are spectators.

So, right now we're missing the point. Either Mimi steps up and says "I'M NOT GONNA' TAKE THIS!" and claims her toy, or she steps down and everyone else in the hallucination dies of a fatal heart attack... o.O I understand what I said seems off... :mrgreen:
Last edited by FangOfFenrir on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheDash » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:41 pm

@FangOfFenrir: I can't really see where you're coming from here. Care to explain somewhat further? Or not; your choice. But it does seem slightly off.

Postby FangOfFenrir » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:08 am

TheDash wrote:@FangOfFenrir: I can't really see where you're coming from here. Care to explain somewhat further? Or not; your choice. But it does seem slightly off.

What exactly needs clarification, TheDash? I'd be happy to oblige.

Postby DiogoMDC » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:19 pm

When is the next one coming out

Postby stratus » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:22 pm

there is no fixed schedule really, they just come when they come.

Postby TheDash » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:09 pm

@FangOfFenrir: Well first, going bad doesn't necesarily mean killed/injured. Things seem bad right now because a friend is dead, two more injured, and there are no more heroes. Second, are you saying that Mimi can dispel the Worst Fear hallucination through willpower? The RPG parallel sorta threw me.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:26 pm

DiogoMDC wrote:When is the next one coming out

For a more definite answer to this question:
Grids, the writer for Grim Tales, apparently got into some sort of "trouble". There's a rumor that he got arrested, but for some reason that doesn't sound wholly accurate to me.

Either way, I guess you could say that for now, he's... (puts on sunglasses)

Really fallen off the Grid.

Postby KingM10 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Wow, to Grids situation and your joke. been awhile since i posted and i come back to hear this? Well this sucks Golem stones. and it's pretty bad news for Grids, too.

as for the page, i just have to say i saw that coming 20 miles away. still funny though LOL

Postby shadownerd221 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Innocence Abandoned wrote:
DiogoMDC wrote:When is the next one coming out

For a more definite answer to this question:
Grids, the writer for Grim Tales, apparently got into some sort of "trouble". There's a rumor that he got arrested, but for some reason that doesn't sound wholly accurate to me.

I've heard it's more of a family emergency than getting arrested.

Postby KingM10 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:24 pm

what ever the case, i suspect it will slow down page posting for a while.

Postby stratus » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:43 pm

Innocence Abandoned wrote:

ok good one

Postby shenmillion » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:09 pm

mimi is beutiful then the ugly devil look lol o.O

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!