What God?

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: What God?

Postby mosama » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:03 am

You have nothing better to do so go checkout the new Satans Excrement comic! Now with 30% less cancer!

Do you remember in the beginning of this comic when those rainbow sperm cells were raining down from the sky? Yea. That wasnt just for fun. Those were all souls getting sent to hell at an abnormally large rate. And all these innocent people we see getting tortured- the nun, the fetus, that little girl from the beginning of the comic. They were supposed to go to heaven but heaven is overcrowded SO now hell is getting all the leftovers. The idea that god has left their world to pursue other ones is one of my favorite concepts ive ever made. AND PEOPLE SAID THIS COMIC HAD NO STORY.

If I were you I would hurt myself for not already watching my DeviantArt
mosama.tumblr.com

Postby Scissors » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:16 pm

Hey...this is funny, (in the ironic way, for me anyhow) because I've been thinking about the same idea portrayed in this page. The idea that if the reason why god seems to have vanished from the Earth could be because he's moved on to creating another planet/galaxy/universe entirely better than ours. One that he cares more about?

In the bible, god pops up everywhere. Well, I mean, it's the bible. Of course he has to be the main character. But each person in the bible gets to experience god or get assistance from god or "meets" god. Why the hell isn't he around today, when there are more slaves today than ever before? When there are a few, what, BILLION people who have been dying of hunger and have been hungry over the past few decades? When corruption and greed are running rampant? Not saying this has never happened before in history, but seriously...

What the hell happened, god?
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Chuckledarkly: Scissors don't lie. Only cut.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Postby BaffledOne » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:14 pm

I like this theme. But was the clown a victim of the deportation or he really was supposed to be in hell? Also won't there eventually be a moment when hell gets overcrowded too?

Scissors wrote:What the hell happened, god?

Nothing. It's not like he owes you or has to do anything for you. It's YOU who have to get out of your skin to please him (avoid sins).
Last edited by BaffledOne on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Scissors » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:16 am

BaffledOne wrote:
Scissors wrote:What the hell happened, god?

Nothing. It's not like he owes you or has to do anything for you. It's YOU who have to get out of your skin to please him (avoid sins).

If you read my post you would've been able to tell that I was talking about the world as a whole, and not myself as needing his approval or whatever.

And really? Are you bringing up a Tyler Durden-esque god view? :|

And AVOID SINS? Hoo hah. Hah hoo hah. I mean, it's not as if he's peering down my damn shoulder looking for every thing I've done wrong. He's got billions of humans, and trillions (more) of life forms down here and perhaps even around the universe to tend to. If he's so amazing he can monitor each of us and measure how favorable we are in his eyes, why is it that terrible things happen to ordinary, DECENT people? Don't give me that "god has a plan" christian bullshit.

Fuck now there's going to be religion arguments in this thread.
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Postby Imosa » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:06 am

Plot Ahoy!

Postby BaffledOne » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:34 am

God has a plan. And IIRC 'you' in English can be used in plural too.

Postby mosama » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:56 am

Scissors wrote:Hey...this is funny, (in the ironic way, for me anyhow) because I've been thinking about the same idea portrayed in this page. The idea that if the reason why god seems to have vanished from the Earth could be because he's moved on to creating another planet/galaxy/universe entirely better than ours. One that he cares more about?

In the bible, god pops up everywhere. Well, I mean, it's the bible. Of course he has to be the main character. But each person in the bible gets to experience god or get assistance from god or "meets" god. Why the hell isn't he around today, when there are more slaves today than ever before? When there are a few, what, BILLION people who have been dying of hunger and have been hungry over the past few decades? When corruption and greed are running rampant? Not saying this has never happened before in history, but seriously...

What the hell happened, god?

Religion is very complicated. Thats why I try not to bring it up in my comics. I think what you may be asking is- if in real life god does exist and is watching us- why doesnt he stop bad things from happening? I've heard religious people explain that as god is testing us- and he tests the ones he loves the most or something.

idk. real life religion is even more bizarre then this comic.
In the comic though- god wouldnt have stopped anything bad from happening because hes moved on to different projects.

BaffledOne wrote:I like this theme. But was the clown a victim of the deportation or he really was supposed to be in hell? Also won't there eventually be a moment when hell gets overcrowded too?

Those are very good questions that I'm very happy are being asked because the comic will answer those questions on its own- with given time :)

Scissors wrote:Fuck now there's going to be religion arguments in this thread.

no god PLEASE NO IF THERES A WAY GOD COULD STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING PLEASE DO IT

Imosa wrote:Plot Ahoy!

I like that my comic just shits out plot at random. You're all probably expecting allot more plot after this page- but theres just a bit more and then its back to funny shit for a while, and then some plot a bit later. Its like my comic has plot diarrhea at random. :)
mosama.tumblr.com

Postby Scissors » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:14 pm

BaffledOne wrote:God has a plan. And IIRC 'you' in English can be used in plural too.

....actually, it can't really. The only plural ways of using 'you' I can think of in any branch of the english language is y'all (you all) or 'you guys', but you know...not the same deal.

You can use 'you' while directing it at multiple people, but the way you replied to my post made it look as if you were talking specifically to me.

BaffledOne wrote:God has a plan.

Postby BaffledOne » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:45 pm

Ah sorry, it wasn't directed at you. And even if you are a believer you shouldn't take the bible as evidence. There's a reason it's called the most successful troll attempt.

Postby Scissors » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Well technically, the bible is all we have that gives us any information about "GOD", or at least in the way it is portrayed in Christianity and similar religions.

Otherwise, god is just a force that created/governs us, if you believe in that sort of thing.

Postby BaffledOne » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:32 pm

Also if heaven and hell get overcrowded will the souls go to other "projects"?

Postby Scissors » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:42 pm

Such as limbo?

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Nah, they just build more rooms and space. Like a Walmart becoming a super Walmart.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby mosama » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:02 pm

BaffledOne wrote:Also if heaven and hell get overcrowded will the souls go to other "projects"?

Scissors wrote:Such as limbo?

Gods projects exist in different universes unreachable to one another because they're totally separate. Limbo does exist in satans excrement- and is part of their universe/project. The souls overcrowding their world is going to be a key issue in this comic and how they solve that problem will be very interesting :)

Blood Lord wrote:Nah, they just build more rooms and space. Like a Walmart becoming a super Walmart.

HAH! I should have just made hell a huge super walmart! Walmart is pretty close to hell anyway- atleast on black friday it is.

But the demons/hell arent capable of creating more space- the only thing capable of making more space is the creator/god.
mosama.tumblr.com

Postby Froggy McNasty » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:56 am

Ash makes it to heaven but not a baby or fetus....

makes sense.

Postby Scissors » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:02 pm

Froggy McNasty wrote:Ash makes it to heaven but not a baby or fetus....

makes sense.

If life isn't fair, what makes you think the AFTER life is fair? ;)

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:03 pm

I wish I could partake in the Scissor x Baffled discussion on beliefs, but I'd just be a third wheel. I'll let simple beliefs be.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby BaffledOne » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:21 am

makes sense.

Wait I missed this, what does he mean by Ash making it to heaven? And who is Ash?
Edit: Looked up Mosama's DA and found the 2 year anniversary art. Figures Ash is that pokemon guy.

Also as far as beliefs go I'm not very religious. But I still believe somewhat in God but not like Christian or Muslim. I just believe he exists. I try to do good deeds not because I want to go to heaven but because I want to be a better person. I am cynical at times and sometimes throw a harsh word with ought afterthought, but I usually feel guilt after and try to make it up to the people I offended. Belief for me is something that helps me remember about the weight of my actions and generally reminds me to think thing over before I take action.

Postby Scissors » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:37 am

BaffledOne wrote:Also as far as beliefs go I'm not very religious. But I still believe somewhat in God but not like Christian or Muslim. I just believe he exists.

This is how I tend to be. I'm open to the idea of a god, but I just don't know which religion to commit to. I don't know. I over think things.

pwned-by-twilight wrote:I wish I could partake in the Scissor x Baffled discussion on beliefs, but I'd just be a third wheel. I'll let simple beliefs be.

Maybe next time. It was over before it really even started.

Postby mosama » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:08 pm

makes sense.

and the funny part about that is that Ash (from pokeslaughter) wont be able to enjoy heaven. It'll be worse then hell for him- because he thinks everythings a lie after the hellish death he just experienced. He doesn't trust anything anymore and has gone insane. idk if ill make a cameo/comic to explain that more but yea :)

he got into heaven before the overcrowding started too.

Scissors wrote:If life isn't fair, what makes you think the AFTER life is fair? ;)

i really wanna use that quote in the comic :D

Scissors wrote:
BaffledOne wrote:Also as far as beliefs go I'm not very religious. But I still believe somewhat in God but not like Christian or Muslim. I just believe he exists.

This is how I tend to be. I'm open to the idea of a god, but I just don't know which religion to commit to. I don't know. I over think things.

To sum up my own personal beliefs- i think anythings possible but more things are possible then others, as far as the existence of god is concerned. And i also over think things allot. and im generally a nice person i guess. but i will not go out of my way to do a good deed like help people. and sometimes i am full of hate and want everyone to die. BUT THATS ONLY SOMETIMES :D
mosama.tumblr.com

Postby Scissors » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:02 am

mosama wrote:
Scissors wrote:If life isn't fair, what makes you think the AFTER life is fair? ;)

i really wanna use that quote in the comic :D

Please do, I would love that :D

mosama wrote:
Scissors wrote:

To sum up my own personal beliefs- i think anythings possible but more things are possible then others, as far as the existence of god is concerned. And i also over think things allot. and im generally a nice person i guess. but i will not go out of my way to do a good deed like help people. and sometimes i am full of hate and want everyone to die. BUT THATS ONLY SOMETIMES :D

I agree with your post. All of that religion stuff is confusing and generally, pointless except in all of the "life after death" shenanigans.

I don't even want to think about it for a loooooooong time. Maybe if I get hit by a car today I'll start thinking about it again.

There's so much worry involved in choosing a religion, or choosing one at all. I guess we will get true answers when we die, regardless of whether they're pleasant for us or horrible. Or maybe not. Maybe we won't even get to think about it when we're dead. Maybe when we're dead, we're just...dead. Or when we're dead we are dead and dead or maybe dead. Dead dead or maybe not.

Okay my head is starting to hurt I think I'm going to go lie down now.

EDIT: Hey hur hur as of right now this thread has 777 views. I dunno, I thought it was ironic.

Return to Comic Updates and News!