Grids - Talisman (GRIDS WILL RETURN)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Grids - Talisman (updated regularly)

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:59 am

Will Sora bonk Buttercup like last time? That remains to be seen.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Carpe_Noctem » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:27 am

Well, looks like Buttercup can breathe again. Still no mention of anyone noticing her bleeding leg though....

I'm worried about Bubbles right now though, what's going to happen to her once she understands the scope of Sora's despair?
JesusChrist wrote:And Jesus saw himself in the cross thinking

"THIS is what I gave my life to save?"

Spirit. In every language in all the Realms, surface and Underdark, in every time and every place, the word has a ring of strength and determination. It is the hero's strength, the mother's resilience, and the poor man's armor. It cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away. - Drizzt Do'Urden, Ranger of Mielikki

Postby BlazingBarrager » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:16 am

I think BC is too pissed off about getting sucked into a void of unstable, spacial power to worry about her leg, or even feel it for that matter.

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:45 am

I pretty doubt Bubbles will perform euthanasia. Buttercup might, but not Bubbles. And I don't like the sound of that idea!

Carpe, I'm certain she understood Sora's despair. How Bubbles will turn Sora back to the light is another question. Bubbles has no experience what-so-ever to deal with such contempt. I'm not sure this is going to end pretty :(
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby BlazingBarrager » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:23 am

I do believe that instinct will come into play.

Postby GridsNaranek » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:46 am

"Please, Bubbles, you don't need to do this!" Sora's voice pleaded "You don't need to feel that! You don't deserve it."

Bubbles grunted softly as the floodgates began to open. "None do... but... how else could anyone unders... understa... aahh!" Her blue eyes flew open, focused on Buttercup and burned with a sudden anger "You wanna know what I feel, Buttercup!?"

"Hey, whoa, calm do-"

"You know what's wrong? You know what really isn't fair!? The fact that it doesn't matter what we are - we have a normal, happy life! Sora doesn't! Never did! And she HATES that!"

"I wanted you to tell me, not act it out!"

"Yeah? You want everything your way, right? That's it, isn't it! You put everything aside; you put your own wants first! Sora didn't HAVE to bring you here - she did it for me! You never cared for Sora and from the moment she saw you at our front door she knew you'd both never get along but still she did this for me... If you cared about her the way I did, would you maybe have been able to help save the people she loved?" Bubbles' body was shaking, the words from her mouth no longer her own.

Buttercup scoffed, turning away "What would she know? Besides, she was the one who dragged me into this stupid place, so what did she expe-"

"AND YOU KEEP COMPLAINING!" Bubbles wailed. Buttercup turned her back on her altogether as she tried to hide the displeasure from her face. Bubbles did nothing to stop Sora's mindset infecting her "All she ever wanted was a friend and someone to help her! She thought she had that already, but instead it got everything she loved KILLED! Everyone out there can't pretend she doesn't exist, anymore! This thing she's made, it's all she's left with. She... she doesn't care how many of them it will kill. To her, that's fair. Generous, even." Bubbles dropped to her knees, her head beginning to hurt. Unseen by herself or her sister, a tear trickled down Sora's pale cheek.
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby BlazingBarrager » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:53 am

Such a touching moment. *sniff*

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:32 am

Shows what Bubbles knows. What she just said... that's a possibility. Someone had to be as broken as Sora to use destruction as a cry for help. Now, I really wanna know how Bubbles would mend Sora from all this.
Not-an-animator

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:14 am

Griddles! Y you no update?? (╯゚Д゚)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Not-an-animator

Postby BlazingBarrager » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:53 pm

BlazingBarrager wrote:Griddles! Y you no update?? (╯゚Д゚)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Postby Carpe_Noctem » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:25 am

In case anyone (i.e. Grids) was wondering why I've disappeared for quite a while, my excuse can be summed up in one word.
Skyrim.

Otherwise, I'm also kinda curious as to what the result of this outburst would be like.

Spirit. In every language in all the Realms, surface and Underdark, in every time and every place, the word has a ring of strength and determination. It is the hero's strength, the mother's resilience, and the poor man's armor. It cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away. - Drizzt Do'Urden, Ranger of Mielikki

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:50 am

Oh, Skyrim. I enjoy sniping guards on a hill top tee hee~.

Is it safe to assume that Grids is busy with MW3? To think that MW3 has 80 years of multiplayer content.

LVL 80, BITCHES!
Not-an-animator

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:11 pm

I know he has that but even then he shows up on Skype at the very least. I really hope its just very crappy internet and/or overtime at work.
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby BlazingBarrager » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:24 pm

The guy worries about people not reading his fic and now people are getting a little impatient for an update. Talk about ironic.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:29 pm

^ +1

Sora has left sanity. I wanna know how Bubbles will drag her heels :P
Not-an-animator

Postby Carpe_Noctem » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:37 am

Kusang_Manalo wrote:Oh, Skyrim. I enjoy sniping guards on a hill top tee hee~.

Is it safe to assume that Grids is busy with MW3? To think that MW3 has 80 years of multiplayer content.

LVL 80, BITCHES!

Shooting down a pair of Dunmer witches in such a way that their bodies looked like they were having some "personal time"? Priceless.
For everything else, there's FUS RO DAH

BlazingBarrager wrote:The guy worries about people not reading his fic and now people are getting a little impatient for an update. Talk about ironic.

Agreed. I do hope Bubbles drags Sora back to some form of sanity soon.

Postby Q.U. » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:06 am

Got bored of waiting so I posted stuff myself. Reading it again was delightful, as usual.

Now off to DCUO, to beat the snot out of the Green Lantern snobs.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:31 am

Carpe_Noctem wrote:For everything else, there's FUS RO DAH

FUS RO DAH?

@QU: I've been thinking about that game... is it any good? What's 'unique' in this game? Just curious :]
Not-an-animator

Postby Q.U. » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Not really the thread for it, but...

The basic account is F2P, so you can try it out without any obstacles (other than having to wait ages for the client to update/download over 14GB)... Either way, I think it was worth it. Quite fun to play, lots of different quests/missions, quite a good responsive game. Some people complain of lags, but I don't see them much. What I like most about it is the wide range of customisations for your character creator, and the in game voices/actions, fighting alongside DC characters (NPCs) or beating the crap out of Hawkgirl or the Flash. The community is also fine, in general, some tryhards but mostly fairly friendly people. That's all I can say for it.

PS
I can imagine you trying to make Blaze as a character in the game. Although it would have been easier to make Bio or Blood, because you can't have both ice and fire at the same time.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:21 am

OOOoooh, spot on, QU, bravo~ :}
Not-an-animator

Postby Q.U. » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:30 am

Well the option to make kid-like characters is available, so you can pay homage to Grids by making his girls into reality :p

Though as I said, I can easily imagine Blood, superpower being mental, and fighting method martial arts. As well as Bio, since it supports cyborg looks, and one can equip her with power of tech and gadgets, and as a weapon taking hand blasters, that would look fine too. But Blaze... You can either take powers of Fire, Ice, or also Nature, so she's be left with only one of these. Plus she doesn't really use any combat not weapons, so the rifles, dual pistols, blades, bows, martial art styles etc won't fit her much.

You can get heat vision though, as well as brawling/super strength as a power, combine with martial arts and you get the PPGs. There is an iconic power of ice breath for instance.

Wouldn't I like to see 3 players each playing one powerpuff... What a sight to behold in game.
Pretty sure the names already got stolen though.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:02 pm

Carpe_Noctem wrote:
Kusang_Manalo wrote:Oh, Skyrim. I enjoy sniping guards on a hill top tee hee~.

LVL 80, BITCHES!

Shooting down a pair of Dunmer witches in such a way that their bodies looked like they were having some "personal time"? Priceless.

BlazingBarrager wrote:The guy worries about people not reading his fic and now people are getting a little impatient for an update. Talk about ironic.

Agreed. I do hope Bubbles drags Sora back to some form of sanity soon.

I personally prefer STRUN BAH QO, because nothing feels better than playing god to take down your enemies. XD

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:27 pm

@QU: me gusta~ imma adding this to my download list :]
Not-an-animator

Postby Carpe_Noctem » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:58 pm

BlazingBarrager wrote:
Carpe_Noctem wrote:

I personally prefer STRUN BAH QO, because nothing feels better than playing god to take down your enemies. XD

True, true, raining lightning down on your enemies is certainly fun. But for all those Fate/Zero fans out there, there is no shout more awesome than Time Alter: TIID KLO UL

Postby Carpe_Noctem » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Wow. Grids has been away for quite a while. Does anyone know where he is/ if he's alright?

Other than that, how's everyone else been? Enjoyed Christmas and New Years?

PreviousNext

Return to Literature