The Art of Louder than Bombs

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

The Art of Louder than Bombs

Postby JayFantastico » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:43 pm

Hey there. I do a webcomic called "Louder than Bombs" and I thought a forum showcasing art would be a good place to start! Here's a couple of our comics. what do you guys think?

Re: The Art of Louder than Bombs

Postby Scissors » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:11 am

Since no one else has commented yet...

I like this. The art style is interesting. What are you using to create it? Is it being made digitally, or are you using ink and scanning it?
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Chuckledarkly: Scissors don't lie. Only cut.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Postby Saint Soul » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:12 pm

we need this here.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby JayFantastico » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:20 pm

It's all done classically. Brush and ink for the pictures. Toothbrush and ink for the panels. Steak knife and ink for the lettering on the right. The most we do in digital is correcting lettering position and touch ups and sometimes colour but that's not very often and some times that's done in watercolours anyways.

We update once (hopefully twice) a week since the strips take some time to produce.

Postby Scissors » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:54 pm

Oh, I notice your sig is a link to your site. Cool! You should try to get this put up on Snafu. This is really good. All we have right now are story based comics.

This would be nice and refreshing. :3
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Postby JayFantastico » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:38 pm

I'd be down for that! It'd probably be a nice boost in traffic for us. I wouldn't even know who to talk to though. Haha.

Postby Maru » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:12 pm

Please and Thank You! SNAFU needs this stuff!
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Scissors » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:41 pm

JayFantastico wrote:I'd be down for that! It'd probably be a nice boost in traffic for us. I wouldn't even know who to talk to though. Haha.

You'd talk to Dave. (the owner of this place) I have no idea what his email is, and it's not on his profile, so I'd suggest PMing a moderator. Maybe someone will show up in this thread eventually who knows what it is...

Postby JayFantastico » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Well, I sent Dave an e-mail using his Snafu address from his comic page. Let's hope to hear from him! He's probably a busy guy. It'll probably be a while anyways but still, it'd be rad if he picks us up for snafu. :D

Postby mosama » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Your style is really cool and interesting! I wish we could delete some of the older comics that havent updated in over 5 years and put new ones up. Dave is super busy so idk if emailing him works now-a-days but its worth a shot.

Goodluck on getting onto snafu! I would love for more cartoony comics to come aboard :)
mosama.tumblr.com

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:27 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing an update of this appear on the home page once in a while. Good luck to you sir.

Postby JayFantastico » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:21 pm

mosama wrote:Your style is really cool and interesting! I wish we could delete some of the older comics that havent updated in over 5 years and put new ones up. Dave is super busy so idk if emailing him works now-a-days but its worth a shot.

Goodluck on getting onto snafu! I would love for more cartoony comics to come aboard :)

I got ahold of him already which was quick and awesome. He said he's busy with the x-mas related things for SharkRobot so we'll have to discuss it later. But still! Pretty awesome.

Snafu does kind of have some dead comics now-a-days, doesn't it? Oh well! Out with the old and in with the new! (Although, we're hardly new as we've been at it for over 3 years).

Postby Scissors » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:51 pm

JayFantastico wrote:Snafu does kind of have some dead comics now-a-days, doesn't it?

Some? SOME? Dear god man, over half of the comics in the top bar haven't updated in eons.

I really hope you can get this up soon! This would be something we haven't seen in a while, and your art style is phenomenal! Best of luck to you!

Postby mosama » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:24 pm

JayFantastico wrote:I got ahold of him already which was quick and awesome. He said he's busy with the x-mas related things for SharkRobot so we'll have to discuss it later. But still! Pretty awesome.

Snafu does kind of have some dead comics now-a-days, doesn't it? Oh well! Out with the old and in with the new! (Although, we're hardly new as we've been at it for over 3 years).

See thats the problem- hes been very busy with sharkrobot for years now. Its why it took over a year for my comic to get up on snafu. Prepare to wait a LONG long long LOOOOONG time. I think his interest is now with sharkrobot + making profits instead of webcomics and it reflects greatly on how the site is run. BUT hes a super nice person and i wouldn't do things much different if i were in his shoes.

Be very patient and prepare for the worse but hope for the best :)
mosama.tumblr.com

Postby Asmodai » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:39 pm

While it would be awesome to finally see a comic worth reading on SNAFU again (no offense Mosama), I wouldn't consider it a great honor. This site is slowly dying and I believe the only reason this site even still exists is because its easy for Dave to sell his merch through it.

Added your own site to my list of webcomics I follow, I really like your style
Mephobiac

Postby JayFantastico » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Well, if it does get on snafu for some reason, it'd really only be a mirror for own site as it is. Still, you never know, a new comic might bring some new traffic breathe some new life into it. I wonder how much traffic the comics generally get on snafu anyways. Also, thanks for reading!

Edit: Yeah, so upon closer inspection, it looks like there is MAYBE 6 comics that have updated in the past 6 months. Not a good running tally considering there's 20 or more on the upper bar. It really needs some life breathed into it.

Postby Scissors » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:09 am

JayFantastico wrote:Edit: Yeah, so upon closer inspection, it looks like there is MAYBE 6 comics that have updated in the past 6 months. Not a good running tally considering there's 20 or more on the upper bar. It really needs some life breathed into it.

Yeah, There's PPGD, Sugar Bits, Naruto (kinda sorta. It doesn't happen often), Titan Sphere (also kinda), Satans Excrement and Skullboy (not really in the top bar for some reason).

We need Louder than Bombs here.

Postby mosama » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:12 am

Asmodai wrote:While it would be awesome to finally see a comic worth reading on SNAFU again (no offense Mosama), I wouldn't consider it a great honor. This site is slowly dying and I believe the only reason this site even still exists is because its easy for Dave to sell his merch through it.

Added your own site to my list of webcomics I follow, I really like your style

no offense taken for not finding my comic worth reading, you're free to have an opinion :)

but offense is taken when saying this site is slowly dying. Its a fact that it isnt. Theres statistics to prove it. Using the following website traffic graph you can see that last month we got even more views then we did a year ago that same month. We're getting a shit load of traffic- some of the highest in all of webcomics. You can compare snafu's traffic to other webcomics traffic and you'll see that we're still a huge part of the webcomic scene right now and we're not going anywhere anytime soon- especially with me & skullboy to help keep the website afloat.
http://siteanalytics.compete.com/snafu-comics.com/

I think what you meant to say was to you personally your overall care for snafu is dying or something. Its like when old time graffiti artists say graffiti is dead even though its very obviously still alive- its not really dying its just dead to THEM for whatever reason.
mosama.tumblr.com

Postby JayFantastico » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:36 pm

I never knew the stats were like that. Those are still some pretty good numbers. The only reason I thought it was dying off was that none of the comics updated regularly but I guess it's still very much alive! I'd gladly still join up under the snafu banner. Although, I would suggest cleaning house with some of the comics that don't update anymore.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:18 pm

Some of those comics are simply on hiatus, and just because some are dead doesn't mean they should be deleted, although that depends on what you mean by "cleaning house". Moving them to a more discreet section of the site seems like a good idea, but some people will still want to read them so getting rid of them entirely would be rather careless.

Postby JayFantastico » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:59 pm

I should have chose my words a bit better! Haha. Cleaning house to me would just be organizing the comics and not deleting them. Those comics are still peoples works which are enjoyed by many people but if they're completed or on hiatus, I'd put them in an area where they're grouped together as "On Hiatus or Completed" that way a breath of fresh air would be brought in by newer webcomics leading the way.

Postby BeeAre » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:01 am

i'll get bleedman's attention.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby JayFantastico » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Cool! Every little bit helps!

Postby JayFantastico » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:41 pm

Might as well post more art that we have. This is probably the only strictly digital piece that we've ever done.

Return to Art