Dark Souls: PREPARE TO DIE (Again again and again)

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Dark Souls: PREPARE TO DIE (Again again and again)

Postby Glahardt » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:37 am

Any good recommendations though?
I got the Grass Crest shield but I'm not sure if it's good enough.

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:29 am

Well, I've personally gotten fond of the Silver Knight Shield from Anor Londo. But then I'd gladly trade up for the Black Knight one if I hadn't upgraded the other so much.

But for where you are, just finding something that has 100 on the physical reduction worked for me. Don't want everything that you fight still hitting your HP even when you guard.
Demon of Elru

Postby Remni » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:36 pm

So I'm almost done with the game on my main character. Sorc who uses katanas like a boss. I have 8 Katanas, each with different effects. Enchanted Iaito, Occult Uchi, Chaos Blade, Crystal Uchi, Raw Uchi, +15 Uchi, Flame Uchi and Lightning Uchi.

Just started a new character now, planning to go hardcore tank with Fist weapons. Dragon Bone Fist from the Iron Golem will be my main weapon. I cleared through the starter area and got all the way to the main blacksmith within about 2 1/2 hrs? Only died once, and only cause my lock-ons wouldnt switch.
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Ro Wong » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:44 am

Try as I might to make sure I got everything before starting NG+... I still forgot to go back to the painting to clear the boss and NPC invader there.
Demon of Elru

Postby BG07 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:58 pm

Have you managed to kill the red dragon on the bridge? I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

Postby Glahardt » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:01 pm

I read that you can kill it the cheap way from the the tower that has a black knight on top of it, it's right after you enter Undead Parish, right before the boar. Not really sure though.

Postby Ro Wong » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:06 am

Yeah, only good way I know of is to be a mage using the crystal sorceries. Could get him if you had high, I mean HIGH, fire defense, when he lands in the center. Otherwise, you go up the tower behind it that has the black knight. (He has a greatsword over his shoulder.) One arrow to the back and the dragon flies off its perch, glitches, and dies moments later. If it doesn't show up, leave the Parish area -- make sure the area title loads, Darkroot Garden, Basin, etc. -- and return to reset him. Quitting and reloading may work, but unsure. The knight started chasing me on my second attempt to reload and test it.

Real pain in NG+, since I failed to do Solaire in the right way to get him to survive. And he might not show up for talk in the next location of his occurence if that dragon's around by then still... Know he didn't show for me.

Might be able to do it if you lure him onto the bridge while near the staircase, run out, hit once, then run under the steps. But with all the times he's killed me by flying straight up and burning me, I've gotten where I don't mind using a glitch to kill that ass... Especially when he manages to get back to the perch before I finish the job and it heals up.
Demon of Elru

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:11 pm

For me, I went onto the bridge and managed to run to the first tower things were you can run up onto the roof and it will just keep on torching the road in front of you, and then I kept hitting it with spells and arrows each time it went past, mainly spells because the after-trail helped me see whether or not I hit it or not. I couldn't see whether or not I was doing any damage but after hitting it for ten minutes each time it flew past, watching scrubs for half-an-hour and then going back to it, I managed to kill it without it even touching me, and I was like level 20 or something.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Glahardt » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:32 pm

O hai Skulduggery.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:59 pm

Huh, that's two so far. Must be getting more popular.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:22 am

Well, Solaire is just glitched in all NG+ plays. So if anyone wants to try playing out his little side story and save the guy, gotta do it in the first playthrough.
Demon of Elru

Postby Glahardt » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:45 pm

Strange, the dragon keeps disappearing whenever I get to the top of the tower. When I go back down to the bonfire it would always show up (sound and shadow), but when I go further away from the doorway it disappears. Did they "fix" this glitch or something?
MQuinny1234 wrote:Huh, that's two so far. Must be getting more popular.
I've been reading ever since book 2 came out.

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:27 pm

No, glitch is still there. As I said, visiting other areas can reset the dragon to show up. Darkroot Garden/Basin, Depths, or sometimes going all the way into Blighttown does it. Seems a bit random though, so you might need multiple trips. Last attempt with my NG++ guy, I had to wait until after beating Quelaag before it showed again. So might also need to do other things to pass time for him.

New patch coming soon, too. Uncertain if the dragon actually will get fixed. So, might wanna hurry to kill him that way while you can.
Demon of Elru

Postby sniffyou » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:43 pm

Just bought this game along with another one. Can't wait to start playing.

Postby yingxuy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:18 am

There is a guy there are glitches, may lead them to kill themselves and basically run free for every net 6K soul.

Previous

Return to Snafu Gaming