Temple of the Blessed IC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Temple of the Blessed IC

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:37 am

How'd she know they were mine? he thought to himself as he listened to her, glancing down at the hand warily for a moment before looking back at her and then glancing at the arrowheads when she told him what they were. The name's Aduro, by the way. he said slowly, looking down at her hand again and wondering why she hadn't taken the hint and put it away. And I was just looking for something to pass the time outside of the library. he said in the same cautious tone. He stood there awkwardly for another moment and then gingerly touched her hand and shook it lightly. It can get a little monotonous down there sometimes. he muttered. Still wondering suspiciously how she'd known he was the "boy with the eye birds." He supposed a teacher could have given his appearance or something but it just seemed unlikely. Is this really the kind of job you should be thinking about other things when doing? he asked, looking to the side and wincing slightly at the loud bangs as one of the guys started hammering at something and then looked at Elsebelle's molded shells. I was under the impression that this type of work had a high risk of...personal incidents. he said, picking his words carefully as he flexed his own fingers subconsciously, hands much more used to turning pages and writing symbols than actual manual labour. God, it was hot in here. So you're an archer then Elsebelle? he asked, just to keep the conversation going, he'd already known that before they met and even someone that hadn't seen her before would have gathered her profession from the arrow-heads comment
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby InsaneWhisper » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Completely oblivious to Aduro's suspicions Elsebelle listened as he spoke, though when he shook her hand she jumped slightly in surprise before withdrawing it. She wondered what could possibly be monotonous about the odd library. She occasionally wandered in it and found it as fascinating as watching an ant-hill. When he mentioned the dangers of being distracted in the forge Elsebelle nodded in agreement, "Oh yes, it can be quite dangerous. Mother lost her pinkie when she was younger and starting out. One mistake can kill you if you're not careful when working with liquid metal." She shrugged forgetting to remain holding eye contact with him as her eyes drifted - he sure was sweating a lot, "The filing isn't really dangerous though, it just takes careful practice to not mess up the shape of what you made." She noticed him flex his delicate fingers and wondered if he was going to be okay in the forge since he clearly didn't do too much work on a normal basis. She was about to mention this when he asked her if she was an archer, distracting her, "Oh yes, I'm an archer, a fletcher, and I craft bows too. I don't usually get many requests though. Probably because I'm young and I think people think I'm odd," she said taking notice of the other boy again. The heat seemed to be getting to him. "Are you going to be okay in here? Most people don't think about it, but this much heat can cause heat-sickness if you're not accustomed to it. Have you been drinking enough water?" She looked around and noticed some of the other new people were showing the same sort of symptoms, "In fact, Mrs. Naomi probably should make everyone take a break." Forgetting to explain where she was going she instantly left to find Naomi.

Finding her helping someone out Elsebelle walked straight up to her, "Mrs. Naomi, I don't think some of these people know about heat-sickness. They should probably go take a break."
Zee Captain: "Better dig your heels in"
Mr. Snippy: "Why? What?"
Zee Captain: "..."

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Oh. he muttered, his hands cringing again as he briefly imagined getting his pinky burnt or cut off somehow. Odd. he murmured again. Just showing that he was listening although not really taking it in, he was getting a little uncomfortable. He snapped to attention when he noticed that upper inflection at the end of the sentance, indicating a question. Err... he said as he tried to recall what she'd said initially as she continued talking. Yes...yes, I'm fine. he said, focusing as he pulled himself together, straightening up from his slouch and ignoring the heat. He'd fought off invaders and residents of the lower library on his own, he could handle a little temperature, but he could still feel a headache coming. Right. he concentrated and 10% of his floating eyes disappeared out of the air. They were taking up too much concentration that he needed for all this personal activity and he needed to lighten the burden. The moment they disappeared, he felt himself get a little better and then the lone eye above him in the room let him see that Elsebelle had gone and was now talking to Naomi. Damnit. he muttered, turning round to personally look at them, before spinning away again and quickly tidying himself up in case they came over. Good first impression, must look tidy, most look neat, damnit, I'll look like a stupid wuss now to her.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Matthonius » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:07 pm

Oh no your not! Get back here! Matthonius yelled as he lunged for the beast.
missing as it hid underwater. Damnit were did it go! he looked around and saw Orion come in. Ah Orion great timing. We got ourselfs a life leecher. 'bout 8 feet. the ussual. He slid back to a ledge and hoisted himself up.If you want to stand there and act as bait thats fine by me. However I suggest you get on a ledge and prepare for a suprise attack Matthonius held his mace in two hands ready to whack the first thing to come out of the water. And if we survive this I'm buying us a pint of Ale. at least after i've washed myself for an hour or two. He laughed heartily and then quickly got back to the task at hand.
Last edited by Matthonius on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonborn Dragonborn, by his honour is sworn, to keep evil forever at bay
and the fiercest foes rout, when they hear triumph's shout.

Dragonborn for your blessing we pray, and the scrolls have fortold, of black wings in the cold
that when brothers wage war come unfurled, Alduin bane of kings, ancient shadow unbound
with a hunger to swallow the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50u0zUeCmU

Postby Cheesemore » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:29 pm

~Chuck Walton - A lost soul~

As Ducaut's guards advanced on the knights, it was fairly obvious neither Chuck nor Arelyn had any intention of leaving, and they didn't put up much resistance to that. Shortly after, he collasped on the ground. The battle within him was just begining. The priests urged the two of them to take action, and Chuck took notice to Arelyn displeasure of their suggestion. Chuck took the opportunity to take control of the others. "Everyone get out now. If this doesn't work it'll escalate into something far worse!" he shouted at the other Alchemists. Most of them took his advice, but a few stayed behind. Chuck gave a stern look at those left and spoke, "We can't guarantee your safety if you stay, the demon could and will go after you next. Leave!" he shouted and the last straglers finally left.

After the incident, Chuck grabbed his shield off his back and placed it in his left hand as he approached his comrade. "It's unfortunate that it had to come to this." he said as he finally stood over Arelyn, placing his right hand on her shoulder and focusing his small spiritual energy through her to Ducaut. "It's up to him now." he said. Chuck kept his hand on her shoulder, partially to focus his energy, but mostly to be able to pull Arelyn away in case Ducaut couldn't win the battle inside him.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:45 pm

~~Temple Dining Hall~~

"Lady Harper, what shall we prepare for the night?" A monk asked the middle aged woman who stood in the midst of large vats of fermenting wine and large ovens with dough sitting atop them.

"In addition to the usual course, I would say tonight may be a good night for onion soup. We need remember to teach simplicity within the temple for all that pass through." Harper Shelton responded in a contemplative voice. She had grown somewhat idle over the past weeks with want for company. She mostly stayed to herself in meditation and bead crafting. It was only in the kitchen that she occasionally talked with other members of the temple about what to plan for the evening's meals.

"Lady Harper, the onions from the temple garden are not in bloom. Shall we revise the menu accordingly?" The monk asked her slightly concerned as though the current no-onion's status of the garden should have been obvious to a Priest who had been with the temple for so long.

"No, I think not. I will go into the city to collect ingredients." Harper sighed happily as she wandered through the halls to prepare for her short trek into town.

Postby Zelosse » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:10 am

-Tvvail Cowl-

The guards at the gate were suspicious of strangers, kind but suspicious, when Tyvail showed it seemed like time had stood still and their power drained for a moment but quickly dismissed the feeling of a mere person doing such a thing.
After hearing the mans introduction, the guard gave a wave to a nearby tower before motioning for Tyvail to come on through the gates.
A great groaning of wood accompanied the large doors opening to reveal the city they held from sight, as always the first sight of the city took your breathe away from the sheer beauty of it all. In the middle of the road a short distance from Tyvail was a heavily armored guard holding a long Bladed polearm.

like Tyvail this man had a firm stance along with dented and cut up armor, still in perfect working condition but the scars were left to show others that he held experience and skill from many hard won fights. His voice was gentle but had an authorative tone setting it apart. "Tyvail Cowl, I am Vince Blight. I wish to personally welcome you home." Bowing in honor, he spoke again. "The illuminated templar gave us word that you would be arriving within the coming days. You will find him waiting at the very back of the temple as per usual." Stepping aside, Vince gave a salute.

-Naomi/Aduro/Elsebelle-

Frederick examined the weapon for a moment but ultimately came to the realization that, with a bit of tweaking, could be used in a much better way.
"You said that this weapon is best for close range right? What if we made a shell casing that on firing would launch jagged shrapnel. Accuracy wouldn't be needed if it covers a large enough area." Rubbing his chin again the man considered the weapon. Extend the barrel maybe, single barrel instead of two, something to brace onto your shoulder and some padding incase the gunpowder causes the weapon to jolt back...
The weaponry!

"You're right, the armory would likely have some of the testing rifles that were given to the temple to perfect. I'll go see if they can lend us a few to continue that experimentation. There's also a large field for archers that is going unused for the next few days we could reserve to try them out!" A look of pure glee crossed the big mans face for a moment before taking off in a full run, leaping over the railing to land with a tiny thud on the smithing floor. He would return a few minutes later with 3 long barreled rifles.

-Orion/Matthonius-

The parasite creature slithered through the murky water and arrived some distance behind the two crusaders, slowly rising out of the water without so much as a drip. With slow and deliberate motions it crawled up the wall, meshing in with the disfigured and impaled bodies while staying stationary when the crusaders looked in it's direction. The only clue to it's whereabouts was a bit of water dropping from it's clothing every so often to echo throughout the confined space.
It was intelligent enough to wait for it's prey.

-Chuck/Arelyn-

Arelyn's earring glowed for a moment when it touched the demon-tainted mans chest, but it did not cause a reaction like it normally would have in this scenario. Instead it seemed to cause wherever it touched to fade into nothingness and yet still the man screamed and flailed against the people holding him down. The man who had been pushed down still lay there dazed but the blood from earlier was all but gone while he himself seemed... surreal. Almost like he also didn't fit what was happening. Everywhere her earring touched shifted or twisted back to some undamaged or undisturbed time.

As Chuck and Arelyn looked around they would slowly notice subtle changes from how the room was earlier. No broken glass on the ground, no blood either, even the priests were different slightly...

(MASSIVE hints right there. You two can do this, I believe in you.)

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Harper wandered further, having changed into her black frock which she often wore into town. She passed by the forge first though, and noticed her fellow priest, Elsebelle, alongside the Master Aduro and the Tainted One Naomi, who seemed to be leading the group in some form of lesson.

"How is the lesson faring, Naomi?" Harper had mixed feelings toward Tainted Ones as a whole. Whenever she saw them she was reminded of the fate that had befallen her son. She did not despise them, since they did not choose their fate, but she felt a sense of sympathy toward them whether they would agree that their status was a curse or not.

"I was wondering if you might allow one of your students to accompany me into town. I need to recover some ingredients and would enjoy the company." Harper held herself poised in the doorway.

Postby Asmodai » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:06 am

Naomi - Temple Forge

She couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the sudden increase of weapon intellect this Frederick had developed, a few minutes ago he barely knew how her weapon worked and now he was talking about experimenting on existing weaponry. But his idea for jagged shrapnel was good though, it would shred anyone, or rather anything, that was foolish enough to get too close to her. But it would have a significant impact on range, as the jagged shrapnel would be even less aerodynamic than the pellets. A little experimentation was never wrong.

Elsebelle approached her with the notion that the men might need a break, the lightweights weren't used to it yet. But seeing as she didn't want to get into any trouble over passed out people, it was probably a good idea. Looking past Elsebelle' shoulder, she also noticed a new face, the kid who usually hung around the library. What was his name again? This didn't seem like the environment he preferred, so why was he here?

Someone else entered the forge just as Naomi stood up. Harper Shelton, a woman Naomi knew all too well. A kind-hearted woman that tried to help anyone she can. Naomi had a huge amount of respect for her, even if she didn't quite understand why the woman would go through the trouble of thinking of helping someone like her. Though this time it seemed like she was the one in need. "Ah, miss Harper. We'd help you ourselves, but sadly we got lessons to oversee. But we're sure we can round up some able arms to help you."

Naomi whistled sharply as Frederick came back with a few rifles, this got everybody's attention. "Okay people, take a break, get some fresh air and get back here in 30 minutes. Oh, and if someone would be so kind as to help Miss Harper here with a small errand, that would be much appreciated." She looked directly at Aduro at that last request, it seemed like a job that fit right into his street, the forges didn't seem like his place anyway.

As the people started to droop off, happy to finally feel the fresh air again, Naomi stopped Elsebelle. "Hey Elsebelle, that was some fine forging just now, how about you help us and Frederick here with the new designs? Maybe you got some nice ideas?"
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Harper looked at Aduro and smiled. "Well, Aduro, are you going to come with me or not?" Harper asked the young Master. She knew that he was a rather studious sort and that she could perhaps offer him some of her own knowledge from being one of the temple's veteran members. She knew several people in the temple, but most of them were in their twenties or even younger. She looked forward to helping them as much as possible during their time here.

Postby Matthonius » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:13 pm

Matthonius looked around the room confused.Now where did it go? I swear I'd lose my 'ead if it werent screwed on. okay concentrate. He closed his eyes and focussed on a little patch of rage that he kept tucked away inside. already he could feel his eyes starting to burn and he knew he was going to have a headache later but when he opened his eyes the red of his Iris combined with his helmet bathed the entire room in a red glow that bounced of the walls and made grotesque shadows move around him.Okay where are you? Matthonius whispered to himself as he scanned the room. And then while looking at the walls he caught a quicke glimps of it trying to hide between the corpses. He acted as if he had'nt seen it and kept looking until his eyes hurt too badly too continue. As the light dimmed he grabbed his shield from a pile of rubble and walked towards a section of wall closer to the creature. Hey Orion keep an eye on the water for me will 'ya? Im going to check out these knights to see what rank they where and to take something of them so they can be placed in the hall of the dead. He started checking the corpse of a knight all to well knowing that the creature was only a few meters away. He was ready for him. Then without notice he grabbed his mace and brought it swinging towards the creature. Just die already!
Dragonborn Dragonborn, by his honour is sworn, to keep evil forever at bay
and the fiercest foes rout, when they hear triumph's shout.

Dragonborn for your blessing we pray, and the scrolls have fortold, of black wings in the cold
that when brothers wage war come unfurled, Alduin bane of kings, ancient shadow unbound
with a hunger to swallow the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50u0zUeCmU

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Aduro flicked up his hood when Naomi looked at him, immediately trying to hide himself from her demonic gaze without actually moving from his spot. He fidgeted for a moment, on one hand glad to get away from the sweaty heat of the forges, God, he felt disgusting, but on the other hand, he hand't even got to say a word to Naomi. Damn. he said quietly under his breath, walking over to Miss Shelton. He's only met her once or twice personally over the decade or so that he'd been here, but his floating eyes had been enough to cement his thoughts of her. One of those nice, pleasant goodie-two-shoes that was always looking to help someone for no reason. Hopefully he'd slipped under her radar and she hadn't talked to the shrinks about him, there should be cases much worse and attention-grabbing than him in this temple. Hi miss Shelton. He said quietly, not much less than a murmur but clearer than a whisper, his expression remaining blank under his hood. He looked at her face once, his cold light blue eyes meeting hers once and then hiding under his hood again, a few white tufts of hair peeking out from it. Shall we leave then? he asked mildly, beckoning a hand out towards the exit but keeping his gaze and hood facing downwards, avoiding eye-contact.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:06 am

"Yes, I think so." Harper's face softened as she turned and walked with Aduro.

As the two walked through the temple toward the outer door, Harper decided it would be a good idea to strike up a conversation with the relatively reserved Aduro, she was oftentimes unsure around people his age, as they often reminded her of her own son, and how old he would have been had he survived his encounter. However, for that reason Harper felt a motherly sort of affection to complement her own uneasiness about these people.

"I've seen you before in the library, if you don't mind me asking, what are you hoping to learn about in there?" She wanted to know if it was something she might be able to help with or if it was an interesting topic at all.

Postby Karo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:15 am

Image |Temple - Interior| Image

Arelyn glanced around as the world twisted around the spiritual power she was channeling from her mother's earring. To her, it almost seemed as if she and Chuck were trapped "...in a dream." The question was when the dream had begun, and then how to get out again. Considering how the dream reacted to her power, blasting everything she had stored up out at once would probably work, but Ducaut would likely die, considering his reaction to her faintest emanation of power. She watched the dreamscape carefully, looking for differences that might be the key to ending the dream and saving Ducaut. She was sure the demon causing this was hiding somewhere, it was just a matter of flushing it out. She wasn't going to take the kill-everything-and-ask-forgiveness-later route that some knights seemed to favor, preferring to fight smartly and save as many lives as she possibly could. So she slowly began to increase the spiritual power she was releasing, watching to see what might happen.
Last edited by Karo on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Iris » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:29 am

Tyvail Cowl, home

As Vince saluted, Tyvail replied with a bow before moving away. It had been five long years since he left to begin his quest, though he suspected his was not the longest undertaken. Much of what he had experienced outside these hallowed halls had changed the paladin, Hopefully for the better He thought as he walked onwards, his large blade now only barely above the ground. Tyvail was unwilling to drag the blade within the walls, what would the weapons master say? Most likely it wouldn't be in calm words but rather a long and probably loud yells, possibly reflecting how a paladin could hold his head high if he could carry his sword.

Then again, Tyvail held darker reasons to why the sword was so heavy and the cause of which forced him to move more swiftly. He had to speak with the illuminated Templar, he had to inform him of both the relics and his discovery. The burden was unlikely to be lifted but perhaps it could be eased. If not Tyvail would gladly take the burden without regrets.

Forgoing any wishes to observe the changes or old acquaintances during his training Tyvail took detours, making use of halls that weren't frequented for one reason or another, those he did come across greeted him as they would with any member but thus far none realized his identify. For that he was thankful as it saved him time.
Eventually he arrived at the doors of the illuminated Templar, part of him wondered if the shrouded Templar would be there as well, if so it would be for the better. Would not only save him from repeating the information he held.

Knocking on the door four times the paladin entered, "Hail to thee master, I've finally returned and with me I carry the relics that called to me. Thus fulfilling my quest. I've discovered The Grimoire of the Lost and Lantern of Exile." The paladin moved forward to carefully place the relics on the table so that those present could examine them. After taking several breathes he continued, "But I fear that is not all I discovered." Slowly he removed his helmet and hood to reveal his face and with that his markings.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:38 pm

The Heavens. he replied simply, still looking downwards instead of where he was going, not that it mattered, he'd diverted a few of his floating eyes to float above and around them. And the afterlife I suppose, that area of knowledge and it's sub-genres. God, he was uncomfortable. And anything else that happens to takes my eye. he rambled on awkwardly. When did you see me in the library? he asked, a hint of suspicion in his voice as the hood turned a degree or two towards her. He hadn't travelled around the higher levels of the library for a good few years now, cept when he was looking over the new editions or a few old favourites. Never mind, it doesn't matter. he said quickly, waving a hand to emphasise it leaving. What are we getting anyway? he asked. He knew the city's architecture quite well, but had little to no idea about what the inside of the buildings and their products entailed.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby InsaneWhisper » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:01 pm

"Ideas..." she said trailing off staring at the guns that Frederick had returned with. After a good fifteen seconds she snapped back to reality, "Nothing I can think of. I specialize in bows and arrows, but if you want help with creating the weapon after you've come up with a design, I can probably do something about that. I can't do any difficult blacksmithing - I'm too small, but I work with molds and woods all the time." She looked around the forge noticing that most of the class had walked outside when she wasn't paying attention, "Is there anything else I can help with before dinner?"
Zee Captain: "Better dig your heels in"
Mr. Snippy: "Why? What?"
Zee Captain: "..."

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:44 pm

Harper listened intently to Aduro's areas of study, noting the different topics and storing them away in case she wanted to help Aduro with his research. She was about to comment but the young Master quelled her initial comment, so she waited until his next phrase.

"Well, initially I was going to gather some ingredients for tonights dinner. However, there's something else I want to do in this city. One of my longer assignments, and it would be helpful to have a Master present." Harper looked toward Aduro somewhat more seriously, looking to gauge his reaction to her statements and hoping that the possibility of taking part in an assignment was not anathema to the boy.

Postby Cheesemore » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:11 pm

~Chuck Walton - Lucid Dreams~

Before he could realize it, everything in the room changed. It was distorted, almost surreal as he looked around. "...in a dream." Arelyn said, and Chuck understood. She was right, a dream, it made sense. 'When did it begin? That's the real question, and who started it?' he thought to himself as he started to focus his energy back to his shield, removing his hand from Arelyn. "That would explain where the priests came from, I don't recall them when we entered." he commented. Everyone and everything was in a haze but he was looking for some one, or something out of the ordinary. "Now then, what's wrong with this picture?" he said outloud as he focused his spiritual energy to his shield. He saw Ducaut still there, and the other alchemist that had been pushed, but there was one he couldn't find. 'Where'd the elder go in all this chaos?' he thought as he waited for their situation to change.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:02 pm

One of Aduro's eyebrows raised a fraction, a purely instinctive reaction. Really? A hint of curiousity infesting his voice, despite himself. Why would you need a master specifically? he asked, his voice turning deadpan again, while inside his mind began sparking off possibilities. He didn't normally partake in social activities such as these and he was surprised to find himself interested in what was going to happen. He probably wouldn't particularily enjoy it apart from a chance to test his abilities, a little challenge every now and again was a nice way to break a rut. There are a lot of specific talents for a Master to specilise in, so I may not be much help to you. he said, making sure to give himself an out if needed.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:24 am

"There is a man in the city, a homeless man who has been possessed by a demon. He has been relatively calm so far and I have been undertaking the long process of exorcising the demon. I could force the demon out but I find that occasionally it is better to have the demon leave of its own will. So I have talked with the demon over the past few months. I am able to command a form of respect from most demons, you see.. The demon has made various requests and this month it wishes to speak with Angelic Beasts. I think it would do you well to see a demon in noncombat situations, Aduro." Harper walked on while speaking to Aduro, again hoping to hear from him.

Postby Karo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:14 pm

Image |Temple - Interior| Image

Arelyn continued to examine their surroundings, and the same sneaking suspicion that had Chuck had dawned on her. Where was the elder? When had he disappeared? She couldn't remember what the man had been doing once Ducaut began shouting at them. She stood up from Ducaut's body and turned to where the elder had been standing, removing the light from Ducat to examine that area as well. "A test?" A frown creased her face as she considered the prospect. She needed to find out what exactly was going on, and quickly.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Aduro listened patiently. Demons, always demons. he thought, mentally sighing. For once, he'd like to deal with a twisted son of a bitch who actually was one and not just possessed or being controlled and manipulated by one, for God's sake, where was the human sense of pride and professionalism. Letting demons just waltz in and take over the business of evil. Anyway, she was attempting to get it to leave willingly or something stupid like, wait-what? He turned and stared blankly at her, his eyes slightly wider than normal. Okay...either she's crazy, or got some kind of superpower...probably both. He looked back at the ground and considered his response as he walked beside her.

Right...firstly, please don't call them "angelic beasts." It's a demeaning term to use to refer to such beings. Secondly, what exactly have you got in return for accepting this demon's requests, if any? Because from what I'm hearing, all that's happening is that you are running errands for a demon while it sits pretty in it's host with only it's word that it will eventually leave but I assume you created some kind of contract? Thirdly, I will need to know the strength or status of the demon so I can summon an angel of appropiate strength that will interact with it and not initiate what I call "cleanse it and everything within 50 miles with fire" protocol B. The only difference between protocol B and protocol A being that A doesn't involve any fire, just the hideous amounts of violence. He said, without a hint of sarcasm or emotion in his voice. The more powerful the angel, the more...incomparable they are, to humanity, in general I mean. You'll find, this is apparently surprising, that demons are much more human than angels. There are specific angels that can interact with humans with semi-natural mannerisms. but I can summon only a few of them.

I'm talking a lot today. He thought, absently rubbing his throat which was becoming sore from the conversation. Could be interesting though. he added, deciding to secede a point. Was he homeless before or after the demon's intervention?
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Zelosse » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:23 am

-Matthonius/Orion-

A deafening screech erupted from the parasite creature, stumbling the mace wielder from the violent yell but thankfully it was muffled by the very bodies that hung from the wall. lashing out with it's right hand, the parasite smacked the mace away with a sickening crunch indicating it had broken it's own hand which now lay limp but still it pressed on with another foul attack from the tongue appendage, aimed at Matthonius' face.

-Chuck/Arelyn-

The elder man watched with a smile, it wasn't very long since they had entered the illusion but already those two had stumbled upon the secret. That girl was sharp, and her earring was dispelling the illusion at the seems. Finally Arelyn shined her light upon where the elder had been standing, instead of revealing him and ending the challenge it had unlocked the final door. In his place was a demon that stood nearly 7 feet tall, clad in jagged iron armor. It's eyes burned with a fury hell could not contain.

Swinging it's clublike and spiked arm suddenly, the behemoth began it's assault. Hopefully Arelyn and Chuck would realize how to fight an illusion without ever drawing a blade.
There was an audible shuffling of someone moving just behind the demon, with any luck the two would know what to do.

-Naomi/everyoneintheroombecausethere'salotofyoulastIchecked-

Frederick was usually the muscle, his physique and experience with a blade had always been a strong point but for some reason the talk of a ranged weapon had given him the spark of an idea, something he wasn't entirely sure about but was atleast worth mentioning. Stray pieces of metal on the battlefield always found it's way to a vital it seemed, no matter how small the piece...

Finally returning to the forge with 3 rifles and a large bag of small powder kegs and pellets, the young man placed the rifles on a desk near Naomi's so that they could all better look. He wasn't good with weapons but something about the bullets seemed... wrong. All the extra time to reload must be why guns weren't very good despite the range on them. Yet Naomi's weapon seemed perfectly usable in combat!

-Aduro/Harper-

loldunno. (Haven't gotten anything to work with yet, show me this old man and his tendencies or speaking habits so i can have a mold to work with on the next post. thx.)

-Tyvail-

Behind his desk sat the illuminated Templar, his usual aura only seemed to intensify as Tyvail closed the door when he entered. If not for the candles it would feel like this man alone lit the room entirely.
Looking up calmy and slowly he stared into the eyes, one could swear even the soul, of Tyvail. His features expressed concern and relief, the elders eyes shifted to the blade and caused him to involuntarily move back slightly. Returning his mind to a focused and controlled point the illuminated spoke in his angelic voice.
"You have returned Tyvail, after 5 years, 3 months, and 27 days. A long time for a paladin to be away from his home, I am pleased beyond words that you return physically unharmed... but that blade-" His words were cut off when another presence spoke from behind Tyvail, it was a low tone and held malice in it.
"The blade of named demon... You would carry around such a bloodhungry blade for the rest of your days? You've doomed yourself young Tyvail..."
The illuminated templar silenced the other with but a gesture, a friendly gesture, and spoke again with relief. "Such matters can be taken care of, and they will Tyvail, you have earned your right to the templars challenge... You will meet one of the ancient paladins of this order to learn from his wisdom. We have already selected Alexeous Lucian Karketh, former high paladin of the temple, to be your instructor. You may leave your relics here and get your equipment prepared for later this evening when you go to meet him. Try to get some rest."

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:14 pm

"I have a talent about me that many priests do not. While most priests must use holy words to control a demon, I need only stand in the presence of lesser demons for them to treat me with an iota of respect. Mind you, I still need holy words to actually banish the demon, but it becomes much easier to do this while the demon is not attacking and is in calmer as a whole." Harper made sure to qualify that not all demons were affected by her presence, as she had learned from the incident that produced the large scar on her face. She then continued from what she knew of the actual demon they would be encountering.

"This particular beast is under the delusion that he is a noble of demonkind. As such, he has taken host in a destitute human body to try to 'learn more' about the way in which the poor live. I found him scrounging through garbage in an alleyway and found that I could exert my presence. The demon is actually rather gentlemanly I suppose, as far as their kind allows. However, he has asked that I be the court tutor for him. He wishes to see a Master to know of the angels which he is more powerful than. This is where I say we strike him, by having an angel summoned that will truly put him in his place before I dismiss him from the body." Harper's voice showed a slight crack in its usual calm tone as she mentioned that the demon was somewhat gentlemanly. In her mind, demons would always be evil beings who would need to be destroyed, any exceptions to this were to be ignored as an outlier to the rule.

"As for the man himself, he was homeless before the demon took possession of him. He has begun making his presence more known as he goes about declaring his nobility in wider circles each day. I think it time we put a stop to this before people are hurt, wouldn't you agree?" She asked as they entered the town and found their way to a grocer's where Harper purchased the onions she required.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing