Grids - Talisman (GRIDS WILL RETURN)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Grids - Talisman (updated regularly)

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:37 am

Much like how Evangelion is a dark take on the mecha genre (Gurren Lagann lights it up again), Berserk twisting around the usual medieval fantasy setting, and School Days taking the harem genre and tossing it across the border to reality. Or close to it.

Anyways, I was going to talk about how the Void Erasure reminds me of a Witch's barrier/pocket dimension but let's not derail the thread.
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby Cryum » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:46 am

Void Erasure reminds me more of creative mode in Minecraft

I hope Bubbles comes up with a solid plan, or at least does something so we don't cut back to blossom while we wait.
A grain of truth in every lie, a hidden lie in every truth

If you got sick of the world, and made it better to gain some peace of mind, would you be selfish or selfless?

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:59 am

There's no reason to cut back to Blossom until near the end. She can't do anything in her condition, Buttercup took care of Sorceress, and from the looks of a previous update Blood's pretty much MIA. We're more likely to cut back to Buttercup trying to get in somehow.
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:02 am

Madoka is a deconstruction of the typical magical girl genre

Talisman is a deconstruction of young aged super-heroes.

In treatment, they're both the same.

Moving on, I think Sora and bubbles will have more screen time. Bubbles has the all-important role to give Sora the huggles--or wort-case-scenario-- a bitch slap. She needs to get Sora back to her senses. Deep down, what she's doing is pretty much meaningless since the prof and Cody are DEAD, and she can't bring them back to life. If she could, she would have done it earlier rather than a red-roofed house reappear in her forbidden city. If her dome was a transmutation dome, then may be. Probably the reborned Cody would likely be a mutated humanized cancer in a soup bowl for all we know.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:16 am

How do you know she isn't deranged enough to control the two corpses like puppets at a children's theater?

Postby Carpe_Noctem » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:43 pm

Actually, Gaogaigar lit up the Super-Robot genre before Gurren Lagann did. Hell, it was TTGL's spiritual predecessor.

On topic, the possibility of Sora controlling the corpses like puppets is pretty far down the deep end, though I suppose at this point it shouldn't be too surprising if she actually does so.
JesusChrist wrote:And Jesus saw himself in the cross thinking

"THIS is what I gave my life to save?"

Spirit. In every language in all the Realms, surface and Underdark, in every time and every place, the word has a ring of strength and determination. It is the hero's strength, the mother's resilience, and the poor man's armor. It cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away. - Drizzt Do'Urden, Ranger of Mielikki

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:29 pm

@Shad: I just hope it will NOT come to that. That's just too much for Bubbles to handle. And I'd be face-palming so hard that I'd leave a hand mark on my forehead. If Bubbles is as empathic as we are to believe, she better get a move on :<

On a other hand, I wonder if the military will get some screen time. I wanna know what're their realizations/reactions after putting themselves in this shitstorm. To say the least, the military is doing a crappy job protecting the Townsville now. Hope their insurance holds. Ha ha
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:02 am

Sora's voice echoed beside her and for a moment Bubbles thought it came from her motionless body. But when she turned to look at it she saw the same hollow, upwards stare. There was no colour left in those once-rosey cheeks. "Hey... are you bored?" came the voice, spoken as though she was sitting right beside her. Bubbles could almost feel her lips brush against the edge of her ear "I found something you might like." Bubbles' first instinct was to turn away from the voice but she grumbled as she figured such a thing was impossible. "Give it a chance" was Sora's request. Reopening her eyes, Bubbles watched the golden hues before her part in the fashion of some invisible gossamer curtain, as it had done for her before. Beyond the hole in spacetime, she could see the skyline of the city and the pillars of dirty smoke rising out from amidst those buildings which still stood. The majestic towertops were either crippled, perforated or missing. Townsville's teeth had been knocked out. She was probably inhaling those buildings - the thought alone made her stomach backflip. Lights still twinkled amongst the rooftops and streets, flickering in different colours that looked far more obvious in the receding daylight.

"The sun's going down..." was Bubbles' first observation.

A huff from that disembodied voice, then the view from the spacial hole rapidly zoomed in toward a large cluster of the flickering spots of light, some red, some yellow and, just off-centre, one that glowed a tinge of green. And it was moving. "Now can you see?"

Bubbles' eyes widened "B-Buttercup! She's ok!"

Sora's tone grew distrustful "And she's heading back to them..."

Bubbles clambered to her knees, willing and ready to leap through that rip in space to follow her sister if necessary "She's probably going back to Blossom. But she doesn't know I'm here..." she murmured.

"Would you like it if she knew?"

"I just want her to know that I am ok..." Bubbles continued to talk in a hushed tone.

There was a giggle. The mischievous kind "I can make that happen."

It took a moment to click, "How will you... wait!" Bubbles jumped to her feet and screamed 'skyward' "WAIT!"
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby BlazingBarrager » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:39 am

Oh boy...this isn't going to turn out well.

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:46 am

Ahahahhahahahhaha, Buttercups gonna rejoin with Bubbles in the void. Excellent job, Bubbie

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.
Not-an-animator

Postby Carpe_Noctem » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Oh dear..... Buttercup is NOT gonna be happy about this.

... then again, when was she ever happy? (asides from when she's having fun beating the crap out of everyone)

Spirit. In every language in all the Realms, surface and Underdark, in every time and every place, the word has a ring of strength and determination. It is the hero's strength, the mother's resilience, and the poor man's armor. It cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away. - Drizzt Do'Urden, Ranger of Mielikki

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Did I say she would contort corpses like marionettes? At this rate she's more likely to snatch people and force them into roleplay by pain of atomization.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:02 pm

She'll most likely even bring Blood to the void. Hell I'd be surprised if Blood DIDN'T end up in the void.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:26 pm

No one likes a bad apple in the club. Blood's not invited.
Not-an-animator

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Well its not like Blood can get in there anyway. Sora's pretty picky on who's "invited" and who gets vaporized on the spot. Can't see what she could do to help and it doesn't matter since she's incapacitated.

Postby GridsNaranek » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:11 am

There were two concurrent flashes of white, one out amongst those distant rooftops and another right by Bubbles' side. When the hair-trigger flash subsided, a yelp of surprise met Bubbles' ears as a spark of emerald kept Buttercup from waywardly bouncing off the floating house-sized slab of steel upon which Bubbles and the unconscious body resided. Skittering to a three-point-stance halt with eyes wide and breath shallow from the sudden displacement, Buttercup's cheek's paled. Her mouth twisted into an uncomfortable grimace and Bubbles, watching her with hands clapped over her mouth, thought her sister would puke from that horrid wrenching feeling that Sora's unannounced warps created within the tummy.

Instead, Buttercup erupted into a coughing fit.

"O-Ohh no, um..." Bubbles whimpered, dropping to her knees beside her sister and placing her hand on her shoulder "A-Are you... um... what's...?"

A rush of frustration exploded before Bubbles as her sister spat through clenched teeth as her diaphragm spasmed in her gut "W-WHERE THE FU-"

"Sora brought you here!" Bubbles tried to explain, panicking slightly "I-It's kinda my fault, but I didn't know!" her voice disintegrated into a helpless, quivering mewl as her sister continued to cough and retch. Now she'd trapped Buttercup here as well and Sora's motionless body didn't seem to show much care about it all. Buttercup retched, her cheeks turning blue. "Sora, what did you do!?"

Sora's voice quipped, trying hard to maintain a sense of composure and control even as Buttercup suffocated "I-It's gotta be the particle density! Geez, I didn't think she'd react this harshly... Um... ummm..."

"Do something!" both girls yelped, Buttercup's voice nearly catching in her scratchy throat.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:03 am

Oh fuuuuuuuu-- Bubbles you screwed up BIG Time. BC hang on. Sora will end it soon~
Not-an-animator

Postby shadownerd221 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:40 am

My god how will this turn out now for them? This will get good.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:04 am

Two of many possible outcomes will ensue:

1.) Buttercups relearns to breath again.

2.) Buttercups relearns to breath again, and right hooks Bubbles in the process.
Not-an-animator

Postby BlazingBarrager » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:12 am

I'd say it would be #2...and it's "breathe."

Postby Carpe_Noctem » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:51 pm

I'd say #2, and I'll add to it "kicking Sora's unconscious body for good measure".

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:12 am

BC: *choke* *choke* cough coug haakk-ahck-gaaaaaaaaaasp *drop dead

Bubbles: BUTTERCUUUUUUUUUUUUUP~!

Sora: *snapping out of her senses, sees buttercup's corpse

Sora: Oh what have I done??

Sora approaches Buttercup's corpse. "No, no, you can't be... you can't die" *sob sob sob

"No! NO! I refuse to let you go." Sora raises her hand up in the air

"CLEAR!"

BZZZT Buttercup's body jolts and jitters from the current.

"CLEAR!" BZZZZZZZZTT

BC: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP! Ahck-hack-cough cough, stop, stop I'm alright!

"CLEAR!"

The huge, while glowing dome fizzed on the horizon.
Not-an-animator

Postby BlazingBarrager » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:58 pm

lulz Nice KM.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Sounds a little anticlimactic. This isn't any different from the fits Blood gave her. I hope. I'm more worried about her leg.

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:42 am

"Sh-shut up, I... THERE!" Sora declared, as Buttercup sucked in a clear breath for the first time. She rubbed her throat, coughing once or twice and dabbing her lips with her fingers in expectation of something gross coming up. Nothing. Sora frantically persisted with her cover story "There ya go!" her voice was insisting, even as her body lay motionless not far from where Buttercup was hunched. Hearing that disembodied sound was more than unsettling "Less than ten parts-per-million atomised surplus around you. You should feel better now! You do, right? You feel better?"

Buttercup grunted "What the hell happened to you, Sora?"

"Nothing at all!" was her hasty, ghostly response. The 'sky' above them crackled as more dissociated matter gusted by on a golden gulfstream.

Greatly unconvinced, Buttercup glanced at her sister "You can find out, right?"

"Um...?"

"C'mon, you said you could sense those things."

"A-Are you alright?" Bubbles tried to change the subject "Can you breathe properly and... and-"

Buttercup seized her sister by the shoulders "I did NOT ask to be here, Bubbles! Now that I am, I think it's only fair you tell me just what the hell is going on!"

Bubbles stared at her sister, eyes wide in surprise for a moment or two. Buttercup leered back at her, not allowing her to back away. Bubbles had felt it before and didn't want to go through that again. It scared her. Sora was hiding it, concealing it from her voice. But it wasn't gone. It wasn't even diminished. Bubbles closed her eyes, letting out a shaky breath into the acrid air. Buttercup gripped her tighter, realising what her sister was about to do. Bubbles' lip twitched a little and she took another breath to steady herself as she bridged herself to Sora once again, paving way for those primal emotions to flood her own mind.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

PreviousNext

Return to Literature