O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby Gato » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:50 pm

I'm assuming injured. A slash such as that is debilitating for sure, but doesn't seem to me to be instant death.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby stratus » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:24 am

i think raven will get to say a few meaningful words to mimi and him will finish off raven. and hopefully Mimi will go crazy psychic with rage power ^^

Postby LightEbonyDarkIvory » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:57 am

Sounds good, at least until Him crushes her and forces her to endure something so horrible it is her worst fear. Also, I wonder if there is a level of guilt in this for Mimi. Guilt adds to fear and she might feel guilty that she wasn't able to save any of them. Plus, from what Jeff said before, Mimi wasn't supposed to be out there. She might feel guilty for being where she wasn't supposed to and needing saving by her mother and company. She might think that if it wasn't for her they might still be alive.
Doubt fucks everything. Take a foundation, no matter how strong, sprinkle generously with doubt, and watch it crumble. Me? I’m unfuckwithable. - CM Punk

Postby A Random Dewd » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:18 am

LightEbonyDarkIvory wrote:Sounds good, at least until Him crushes her and forces her to endure something so horrible it is her worst fear. Also, I wonder if there is a level of guilt in this for Mimi. Guilt adds to fear and she might feel guilty that she wasn't able to save any of them. Plus, from what Jeff said before, Mimi wasn't supposed to be out there. She might feel guilty for being where she wasn't supposed to and needing saving by her mother and company. She might think that if it wasn't for her they might still be alive.

Well said... yeah I've got nothing else to say about this other than "I wonder where the plot shall lead from here?"

I guess a couple possibilities could be as follows:

1) Mimi goes bat$#!* psycho & tries to save her fallen friends, to no avail; thus delving deeper into her worst fear.
2) Mimi looks on helpless as Him slaughters her friends including Jeff (since that actually happened in a earlier plot arc so it's valid), and continues to her to turn her into what she is now. <<I'm saying this one's more likely<<
Don't question; just accept. It's easier on all of us.

Location: In your sweetest dreams & your worst nightmares. At the same time.

Postby GrimSenior44 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:50 am

shadowfire16 wrote:ok so hims mimis dad ravens her mom so raven had a chiles with a red deamon who is alwase mad wow she ternd out just like her mother didnt she lol

Raven may still live, I wish I could say the same about proper grammar.
Lumino wrote:All the people saying that Raven and co aren't dead are missing a very important part.

"One by one, dem heroes done fell..."

"A noble gesture fer true, but it was short-lived."

All of the heroes of Megaville are already dead. Dexter, the Powerpuff Girls (Coop died a while ago due to a Heart Attack), Jenny, Jack and others. They are all dead and gone in (presumably) the battle before this.

As Grim Sr. states, the last stand was 'Short Lived' implying that the fighting stopped. Do you really think Raven would just stop fighting as long as she was alive? Doubtful.

You may want to deny it as long as possible, but the reality is clear. They all died. After all, to quote Marvel Comics.

"The Heroes of Earth are but mortal men. Their passing, however tragic, is inevitable."

Unless some left Megaville for some reason like the Powerpuff Girls did in the episode with the time travel, I swear if they went on the beach leaving their very defenseless town unprotected(they and maybe some,if not all the other heroes) I am so gonna....
Anyway they could still be killed later on once with their return, for the enemy would clearly have the element of surprise in his aid, however there is still a small possibility for some who haven't returned yet or never ever lived there to have survived somehow, otherwise I doubt a old, senile Rambo wannabe, a hybrid dork result of the fusion of 3 different races and a red claw fetish spellcaster which can't even shorten her incantations till this age of hers would be able of achieving something Samurai Jack, Dexter,Megas(maybe Jamie or Kiva decided to use him in Coop's stead) and many others couldn't do with their lives at stake, aswell as those of their town they worked so hard over the years to protect.
Gato wrote:I'm assuming injured. A slash such as that is debilitating for sure, but doesn't seem to me to be instant death.

As fragile as she seems I am starting to doubt it, her resisstance and therefore body aren't "rock-solid"at all, not to mention it was a full-on surprise backslashing Black Mage would be proud of.
LightEbonyDarkIvory wrote:Sounds good, at least until Him crushes her and forces her to endure something so horrible it is her worst fear. Also, I wonder if there is a level of guilt in this for Mimi. Guilt adds to fear and she might feel guilty that she wasn't able to save any of them. Plus, from what Jeff said before, Mimi wasn't supposed to be out there. She might feel guilty for being where she wasn't supposed to and needing saving by her mother and company. She might think that if it wasn't for her they might still be alive.

I assume she forgot about it after becoming a demon by the hands of Him, maybe by Him got her a tricycle(I remember Him mentioning she wanted a tricycle, thus at the first sight of it she could aswell forget, she was after all VERY random since the beginning of all this ordeal), just as*cough*Jr*cough* forgot by playing effin' twister.
A Random Dewd wrote:

Well said... yeah I've got nothing else to say about this other than "I wonder where the plot shall lead from here?"

I guess a couple possibilities could be as follows:

1) Mimi goes bat$#!* psycho & tries to save her fallen friends, to no avail; thus delving deeper into her worst fear.
2) Mimi looks on helpless as Him slaughters her friends including Jeff (since that actually happened in a earlier plot arc so it's valid), and continues to her to turn her into what she is now. <<I'm saying this one's more likely<<

Or our attention returns to Jr, Grim,Mandy and Charles watching.

Postby CinCire » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:51 am

And Minnie.

We'll see what happens to Raven on the next page.
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."
John Lennon

Postby NoxRiddle » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:08 am

GrimSenior44 wrote:Unless some left Megaville for some reason like the Powerpuff Girls did in the episode with the time travel, I swear if they went on the beach leaving their very defenseless town unprotected(they and maybe some,if not all the other heroes) I am so gonna....

The torn purple octopus stuffed animal in one of the pages before this suggested to me that the PPG were dead prior to the fight we're currently watching - the toy belonged to Bubbles.

Postby shadownerd221 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:28 am

Well most people are already guessing what's going to happen next. Well I would like to see how it turns out soon.

Postby wonder3 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:19 pm

The next page has four routes it could take:
1. Him further torturing Erwin and Raven and Hoss and Jeff dying at the hands of the monster while Mimi watches helpless on the ground(she was thrown from her wheelchair.
2. Him leaving with Mimi to the underworld leaving the rock monster to finish the job.
3. Him locking Erwin in the cage he currently has Jeff's soul and tuanting Erwin about his futile efforts
4. A cut to Grim jr. getting mad and vowing to avenge this injustice( for a grim reaper he is to nice, especailly with mandy being his mom)

As for the comment about octee and bubbles, I don't think that they are dead( at least not all of them). They are growing out of childhood and that could have been a gift given to Mimi explianing why she was out there, trying to find it. Another way for him to find them becuase octee was like a camera into the ppg life in the original series for Him even mannipulating to to control bubbles.

As for dexter taking coop's place it is impossible based on his future look he cannot due delicate calculations with his hands and currently he cannot operate megas himself. As for the time travel paradox mentioned it is possible just not probable. With Otto, Kiva, and Dexter's time machine it is possible to travel through time, but take into consideration they are dealing with villians that actually know what they are doing and know how to make sure it suceeds. A bomb placed in dexter's lab while he was away could destroy the robotic dee dee and the time machine as well as lead to his future self's current state. I you remember his lab is in the library now not at home if one of the villians or the traitor set it to go off when he tinkered with a certian invention like the dee dee bot he always works on then it would explian what happened to his lab and dexter himself. As for Otto and Kiva they both know what is going to happen so they were probably killed near the begining.

Why have poeple stopped cliaming Coop as the triator? Yes, he died but before the mandark incident, if the two comics are connected he could have traded his loyalty for his life. Here are some hints: Kiva and Jammy missing, it is not afar fetch to say that the villians have them as hostages or to prove his loyalty Coop killed them. He is able to understand the complex system of Megas and has access to Dexter's lab. He is not an idiot anymore and his able to beat cluster's minions and sam. His soul was not shown being taken to the underworld unlike mandark's soul. Too much has changed about him form the original series not to have a sercret like that.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn

Postby Gato » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Kiva and Jamie are in Hawaii.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby wonder3 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:12 pm

Gato wrote:Kiva and Jamie are in Hawaii.

The only reason we think that is becuase Coop told that to dexter as a way to explian why they were not there. If anyone has watched Megas XLR you would know Coop would not pass up the oppurtunity to "relax" in hawaii unless something else besides jamie getting closer kiva happened. Besides that he did not specifiy it was Hawaii(http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=107) do you think he would not know where they went becuase even in the series he found them everytime. He seemed nervous when dexter asked.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn

Postby GrimSenior44 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:45 pm

NoxRiddle wrote:
GrimSenior44 wrote:Unless some left Megaville for some reason like the Powerpuff Girls did in the episode with the time travel, I swear if they went on the beach leaving their very defenseless town unprotected(they and maybe some,if not all the other heroes) I am so gonna....

The torn purple octopus stuffed animal in one of the pages before this suggested to me that the PPG were dead prior to the fight we're currently watching - the toy belonged to Bubbles.

Well, then there is a high possibility they are dead, a high possibility and only that as wonder3 pointed out.
wonder3 wrote:The next page has four routes it could take:
1. Him further torturing Erwin and Raven and Hoss and Jeff dying at the hands of the monster while Mimi watches helpless on the ground(she was thrown from her wheelchair.
2. Him leaving with Mimi to the underworld leaving the rock monster to finish the job.
3. Him locking Erwin in the cage he currently has Jeff's soul and tuanting Erwin about his futile efforts
4. A cut to Grim jr. getting mad and vowing to avenge this injustice( for a grim reaper he is to nice, especailly with mandy being his mom)

As for the comment about octee and bubbles, I don't think that they are dead( at least not all of them). They are growing out of childhood and that could have been a gift given to Mimi explianing why she was out there, trying to find it. Another way for him to find them becuase octee was like a camera into the ppg life in the original series for Him even mannipulating to to control bubbles.

As for dexter taking coop's place it is impossible based on his future look he cannot due delicate calculations with his hands and currently he cannot operate megas himself. As for the time travel paradox mentioned it is possible just not probable. With Otto, Kiva, and Dexter's time machine it is possible to travel through time, but take into consideration they are dealing with villians that actually know what they are doing and know how to make sure it suceeds. A bomb placed in dexter's lab while he was away could destroy the robotic dee dee and the time machine as well as lead to his future self's current state. I you remember his lab is in the library now not at home if one of the villians or the traitor set it to go off when he tinkered with a certian invention like the dee dee bot he always works on then it would explian what happened to his lab and dexter himself. As for Otto and Kiva they both know what is going to happen so they were probably killed near the begining.

Why have poeple stopped cliaming Coop as the triator? Yes, he died but before the mandark incident, if the two comics are connected he could have traded his loyalty for his life. Here are some hints: Kiva and Jammy missing, it is not afar fetch to say that the villians have them as hostages or to prove his loyalty Coop killed them. He is able to understand the complex system of Megas and has access to Dexter's lab. He is not an idiot anymore and his able to beat cluster's minions and sam. His soul was not shown being taken to the underworld unlike mandark's soul. Too much has changed about him form the original series not to have a sercret like that.

1 Erwin has been turned as a pet as some kind of souvenir, a pet, unless he takes corpses I doubt he is a target any longer.
2 Nobody said there was only one, as there is no explanation how he became a monster again, nor any proof it is him and not a monster modelled after Aku's cursed warrior.
3 Highly possible, for once.
4 Erm...Jr is pretty much in a state of shock by now, he never knew a place called Megaville existed, also he already has a vow to live up to:become stronger, return and kick Him's red arse until he regrets he ever took form, that his body ever solidified or that his very soul ever existed, thus another vow which once fulfilled would have the same outcome(Him getting massacred) would be pretty pointless.(also he is a paradox, Grim is like E. Scrooge after dieing without the lesson The Ghost of Christmas Past taught him, Mandy is well....uh, Mandy, also I remember Grim's family being pretty f(beep)'d up(dunno more exactly but it was the episodes with the magic lamp, the one with the cookie scouts and the one with the bully).
I never said that Dexter would do that, and even if I did it would be possible, if anybody read the One Piece manga then remember Franky?he now has giant hands, however it is seen around the time they meet up again after 2 years that he has alternate, smaller hands inside those big, bulky ones.
Coop only became evil in the show without the plot of PPGD/GT in synch with it, if he had talked to Dexter then he could be convinced to stay good, or stopped by someone before his reign starts, also he may have decided to rather protect Megaville than destroy it.There is also no proof wether Kiva or Jammie are dead or not, at least not for sure for they only were mentioned to be in Hawaii like... in the Mandark Arc(heh...-ark arc), and only because Jamie decided to take Kiva there to relax, not to live there for the next 10-50 years.
However your point concerning Otto's, Dexter's and Kiva's deaths is pretty solid, touche.

Right now?or at the point in history of the betrayal that led to Megaville's downfall?The mother of doubtful things.VEEEEEEEERY doubtful in other words.

Postby Xi-1 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:48 pm

Heh. Just leaving the final word for Raven's incantation for this page was enough of an indication she'd be interrupted. Don't you hate it when someone surprises you and causes you to lose your spell like that? If Raven's only down and not out, she'd better be onto some counterattack -- because if Mimi inherited any of her power and it's not fully trained, having HIM kill Raven will unleash one Hell of an emotional storm, which might ultimately be responsible for her transformation. After HIM removes Mimi's hands, I'm guessing, based on her human form from back when HIM wanted to trap Junior.

Of course this is not going to be a happy memory for Mimi to relive: it's her worst fear. Perhaps her worst fear is that HIM will slaughter everyone around her about whom she cares to get at her. That would also explain her emotional block in the current timeline.

I guess the levitation orbs were Raven's only delayed spells (not that her power works the same as incantation-bound magic like the ones in Negima). Negi vs HIM would be a fun battle to watch, though. At least getting back-slashed wouldn't bother Negi for long anymore. Then again, Evangeline vs HIM might be even more fun -- watch the two of them really let loose.
A Page Flipper

Postby GrimSenior44 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Xi-1 wrote:Heh. Just leaving the final word for Raven's incantation for this page was enough of an indication she'd be interrupted. Don't you hate it when someone surprises you and causes you to lose your spell like that? If Raven's only down and not out, she'd better be onto some counterattack -- because if Mimi inherited any of her power and it's not fully trained, having HIM kill Raven will unleash one Hell of an emotional storm, which might ultimately be responsible for her transformation. After HIM removes Mimi's hands, I'm guessing, based on her human form from back when HIM wanted to trap Junior.

Of course this is not going to be a happy memory for Mimi to relive: it's her worst fear. Perhaps her worst fear is that HIM will slaughter everyone around her about whom she cares to get at her. That would also explain her emotional block in the current timeline.

I guess the levitation orbs were Raven's only delayed spells (not that her power works the same as incantation-bound magic like the ones in Negima). Negi vs HIM would be a fun battle to watch, though. At least getting back-slashed wouldn't bother Negi for long anymore. Then again, Evangeline vs HIM might be even more fun -- watch the two of them really let loose.

I blame Raven's anchestors for inventing such long lines of bullshit, and partially Raven for not shortening the spells for future generations, or creating a shortening which can only be used once a certain degree of experience in those spells has been achieved, Raven seems to be an adult by now so it would have been wise.

Postby Archangel » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:49 pm

Hi! ... Well i think Him is mimi´s father but that does not mean he and Raven eloped .... He is the devil isn't him? ... so he might just put the soul of her daughter in Raven´s body ... kind of Constantine Mammon Son of Satan ... remember? may be HIM just touched her when she was pregnant ... or something like that ... or Him raped her! :eek: .... ...
Oh Extrange being from the very bottom of hell, why have thou choose me to be at thy side?
Your reaction is what surprises me little princess, has my arrive to this plane does not scare you?
I do not sense anything to be afraid of. Or there is ? tell me kind shadow ...
Not at all. I shall enlighten your view of this world, give me your hand and i will show you what your young heart needs

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:54 pm

wonder3 wrote:

He seemed nervous when dexter asked.

Cuz they are bouncing the brew, and rocking the saddle, and shimming the pole, waxing the hole, juggling the mellon's, whh screw it. They're off having wonderful sexy time.

Point is, the two don't really matter.

Gato wrote:I'm assuming injured. A slash such as that is debilitating for sure, but doesn't seem to me to be instant death.

Let's see what the fall does. Even then, you have to get rid of Him before you can attend to Raven.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby shadownerd221 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:57 pm

We shall learn soon if she lives or dies.

Postby darknessvandeath » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:08 am

raven better not die >:(

i realy whant to see him die after what he did to mimi and raven >:(

other than that lets see if irwen can change back?

where is hoss anyway?

why mimi have to see that?
let darkness consume you
let darkness control you
let your nightmares become real

Postby jerkson650 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:53 am

i have checked on deviantart and the have (grim tales afterbirth) but snafu comic is still laging with the comic (grim tales what about mimi) :| i bin waitin to read the rest but snafu still hasn't released the rest yet :'(
   THE-JERK   

Postby Imosa » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:58 am

jerkson650 wrote:i have checked on deviantart and the have (grim tales afterbirth) but snafu comic is still laging with the comic (grim tales what about mimi) :| i bin waitin to read the rest but snafu still hasn't released the rest yet :'(
Not exactly. See Bleedman releases the comic here first. Your right, there are copies of Afterbirth on DA but those are illegal. Bleedman and Dave havn't officially released them. Here's something, try finding future pages of GT:WAM on DA.

Postby garciafever » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:50 pm

OK I have watched a majority of the teen titans episodes and loved them all, yet I have not finished the series because either:(a) cartoon network removed the show, probably canceled or not enough ratings; Or (b) I was probably stupid and had other hings that needed my attention at the time. I have a few questions which I hope people can find out the answers: 1) Can anyone give me a site link or information on where to watch all episodes? 2) IF Raven is featured on Grim Tales, can we expect any of the previous Teen Titans but grown up versions where Robin becomes Nightwing? 3) Can anyone give me a history on Raven and her childhood because I know for a fact that, unless I'm mistaken or I'm not updated on my history, didn't Raven beat her father Trigon in one of the episodes with Beast Boy and Cyborg? 4) If the possibility of bringing back Teen Titans, can we see some Beastboy x Terra love please??? I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but I cannot get enough of the series. It's just so epic :D Also hello everyone, I'm a new member and I would like to have as many friends as possible, so please add me please and thank you :)
If anyone wants to add me, please don't hesitate. I am always looking for players to talk with OR if you need help earning some of the trophies that require online play as long as you inform me of the game before hand. Please and thank you :)

Postby CinCire » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:22 pm

1. Try Hulu, or WatchCartoonsOnline.
2. The rest of them are dead.
3. Arella was raped by Trigon. Arella was sent to Azarath when she tried to kill herself. Raven was trained by the pacifist Azar, who knew Raven would be the portal for Trigon to come to their realm. Raven left Azarath around age 14, became a portal a few years later, defeated Trigon in her pure white form. And some other stuff I can't remember.
4. No, because they're both dead.

You're not a new member - you joined in 2009.
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."
John Lennon

Postby garciafever » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:44 pm

OK thank you very much

Also I did in fact join in 2009 but have only been reading bleedman's artwork without being active. So now i'm starting and, just like the naruto weekly update at http://www.mangastream.com, cannot wait for the next page to be posted.
Last edited by BeeAre on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don't double post.
If anyone wants to add me, please don't hesitate. I am always looking for players to talk with OR if you need help earning some of the trophies that require online play as long as you inform me of the game before hand. Please and thank you :)

Postby Xi-1 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:51 pm

How about 'AzMeZin' for the abbreviated form?
You would probably think that as a Negima fan I don't have the right to complain about long incantations, especially after Chachamaru helped Evangeline demonstrate how easy it is to interrupt a spell (by flicking Negi's forehead while he was going 'Ras Tel Maskil Magister'). But Negi increased his incantation speed so much that even though he had to use his activation key every time he pulled out a different spell, he was too fast for the bounty hunters of Canis Niger -- and he's much faster now. Negi hasn't had an interrupted spell since that early phase, unless you count his sneezes (which actually helped him).

Raven has grown a lot in power in-series, but it seems that type of growth is not shown in this comic. She's certainly not in her Pure White form. Given the knife a simple 'Cantus Bellax' or equivalent would have helped, but then HIM is excellent at surprise attacks. He didn't even yell "Surprise Attack, B!tch!" That's cheating.

EDIT: And please do note that double posting is against the rules. If you have something to add, you may make use of the 'edit' button as I have done. Thank you for your cooperation.
A Page Flipper

Postby garciafever » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:03 pm

Sorry about that, will try my best to abide by the rules

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!