O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby wonder3 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:02 pm

Up to this point Him has only interacted with the dead and residents of the underworld, to have a kid with Raven means that the limits I mentioned before are mute unless she died or gave up her humanity before hand. As for the trigon comment he was sealed, not a resident of another realm unlike Him he had limited power in the mortal realm, after having a child he had a physical connection to the realm meaning after a period of time the seal would weaken and he could escape. Him can freely travel without restrictions as long as it is part of his job(ruler of one or more of the levels of the underworld). He can go anywhere and act his role. As for why he wanted Grim jr's help is unlike himself who could only enter act with people after death junior could interact with the living and kill them. If he had control of junior Him could control most of the underworld with the reaper and nergal powers now in his possesion.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn

Postby kimmemour » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:07 pm

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT AGAIN RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby CinCire » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Up to this point.
In The Powerpuff Girls, Him could appear at any time, and it didn't matter what was happening at the time. Who says he couldn't just walk in and swoop Raven off her feet until she realized what exactly he was?
And for Trigon, where does it ever say he was sealed away?
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."
John Lennon

Postby shadownerd221 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:17 pm

Damn!!!! Raven the mother of Mimi!

Postby daviso452 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:59 pm

I'm also interested in how Raven and HIM did it. Does this have anything to do with who the traitor is? What about the fact that Mimi is a PRINCESS?

Postby MegaTJ » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:08 pm

That Him's a spy!
I fly through the highest and bluest of all skies...my dreams.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:32 pm

daviso452 wrote:I'm also interested in how Raven and HIM did it. Does this have anything to do with who the traitor is? What about the fact that Mimi is a PRINCESS?

Grids said "Little Princess" is most likely just a term of endearment.

Postby SPF » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:53 pm

This... this can't be real. Raven is a Big League Super Hero, she can't just DIE!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE'S A FREAKIN' DC, DAMMIT!!!!!
COWA-F*CKING PIECE OF DOG SH*T!!!
-Angry Video Game Nerd

Postby shadownerd221 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:59 pm

Is she truly dead? We shall wait and see.

Postby DJ4U » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Him cut off her hood and got the neck, I have to say either she's dead or paralyzed.
Relax, enjoy a comic or two, don't be a dick...I think I accomplished my quota for the day.

Postby mrguymiah » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:54 pm

Considering that is a 6 inch long 2 inch wide blade and that it went in a slashing motion, he didn't kill her unless he hit across the base of the neck (Otherwise he just paralysed from that point down). Also, if you notice the motion is diagonal. This means that he more than likely crossed the spinal cord, but did not sever it. We can assume that he didn't touch the heart or lungs, as the ribcage would have protected from the slash.

From this, we know that she is alive, but may be bleeding profusely (as indicated by the globs of blood falling above her). In this state, she should be able to still cast spells. Without knowing how much she has matured in her control and overall ability, however, I cannot correctly estimate how much she can do. Based off of her power at the end of the series, she should be able cast some basic healing on herself and continue to fight, though I doubt HIM will let her do much unless she surprises him.

EDIT: Also, her worst fear is probably the day she became red and clawed (I don't have a clue what to call that). Demonfied might be the word I'm looking for.

Postby CinCire » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Or, even more dramatic....

The Day She Became Her.

Excuse me for the large text.
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."
John Lennon

Postby Gato » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm a little surprised I'm the first to bring it up, but, shouldn't we seriously consider rape a factor in Mimi's conception here?
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby mintcream95 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:17 pm

shadownerd221 wrote:Is she truly dead? We shall wait and see.

no he got her wings, he cutted them off, or he slit her throat.
May be adorable in the outside but Dangerous on the inside. O3O

http://stormsurge98.deviantart.com/

Postby ShadowofU » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:37 pm

-_- OK, yeah I am pretty shocked that Raven was actually mimi's mom, mainly because I thought that since Raven was born on planet Azerath, and technically she's only half human(since her mother was human, and her father was a giant red demon). But oh well, the child turned out good. -_- I can't wait til the next page, mainly because I want to see if Irwin actually "dies" in this comic, or is just treated as a pet for the rest of eternity. A very cute, adorable, want to torture for the rest of eternity pet. 8) Oh well, where ever this story goes, Grids & Bleedman you got full control. -_- Continue to make this comic awesome. *thumbs up*
*Pulls out pocky and melon soda* Just sit back and let the chaos begin. -__-

Postby shadownerd221 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:57 pm

Honestly how many of you think she died.

Postby MegaTJ » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:11 pm

shadownerd221 wrote:Honestly how many of you think she died.

Enough. But I'm not one to judge before the facts are clearly stated. That's a reader's worst mistake to make.
I fly through the highest and bluest of all skies...my dreams.

Postby Goldenguy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:24 pm

....Wow...just wow...my guess its that Raven was drunk...or hypnotized...or Him was disguised...

Postby Jeroin » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 pm

wonder3 wrote:
CrimsonTaki wrote:My main concern though is still wondering WHO is Grim Jr's father >.@

Who has brown hair and someone who mandy would think is powerful? :? Really cannot think of anyone, but who ever it is Grim does not like them one bit.

Here is the evidence:
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=79
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=80

I always wondered who had brown hair and blue eyes like Grim Jr. Timmy from Fairly Odd Parents? Does he really need to be powerful?

Postby CinCire » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:39 pm

Gato, we should. Thanks for bringing it up.

And when I actually see Raven dead, I'll believe she's dead.
John Lennon

Postby WarzoneBeta » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Wow...Him is a scary dude.

I can't accept Raven as dead since I doubt a knife can take her out, she has had much worse happen and gotten back up. On the other end, due to her power to reincarnate if she is dead she will be back...of course thats up to the one in charge of the series.

Ok if we plan to have an epic battle against Him then we need big guns, and I have seen Bleedman art of Gigan floating around.
I have this odd feeling that the old-school Godzilla is on Grim's payroll...Or maybe Gigan and Godzilla have dropped off the radar in order to avoid conflict. Now I want to see them run into the Big G and Gigan and have Junior and Minnie convince them to jump back on the wagon.

Postby wonder3 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:31 pm

Jeroin wrote:
wonder3 wrote:
CrimsonTaki wrote:My main concern though is still wondering WHO is Grim Jr's father >.@

Who has brown hair and someone who mandy would think is powerful? :? Really cannot think of anyone, but who ever it is Grim does not like them one bit.

Here is the evidence:
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=79
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=80

I always wondered who had brown hair and blue eyes like Grim Jr. Timmy from Fairly Odd Parents? Does he really need to be powerful?

Based on her pick of men(danny and nergal Jr.) yes he has to be powerful but not evil, Timmy would not fit the bill and the way things are beginning to turn out whoever junior's father is probably the triator cuase there are very few things that can make Grim shun someone mass murder and betrayal being two of them.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn

Postby mrguymiah » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:17 am

lol The Grim Reaper shuns those who commits mass murder? That's like saying the dentist dislikes people who takes kids' candy.

Postby wonder3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:00 am

mrguymiah wrote:lol The Grim Reaper shuns those who commits mass murder? That's like saying the dentist dislikes people who takes kids' candy.

I know it sounds werid but he hates nergal, he hates danny, he hates Him, and the only one he doesn't hate for thier evil tendencies is Mandy. He has proven to detest people who commit crimes like mass murder if he doesn't know about it before hand(aka not fates design) this means the event of the monster and what ever Junoir's dad did is either betrayed Grim's trust or went agianst what was suppose to be in other words mass murder that is not forseen not mass murder in general he has proven to hate the unespected.
If the Grim Reaper needs time to prepare to reap a whole city or world(still we don't know if the destruction is limited to just megaville).
Last edited by wonder3 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby mrguymiah » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:02 am

wonder3 wrote:
mrguymiah wrote:lol The Grim Reaper shuns those who commits mass murder? That's like saying the dentist dislikes people who takes kids' candy.

I know it sounds werid but he hates nergal, he hates danny, he hates Him, and the only one he doesn't hate for thier evil tendencies is Mandy. He has proven to detest people who commit crimes like mass murder if he doesn't know about it before hand(aka not fates design) this means the event of the monster and what ever Junoir's dad did is either betrayed Grim's trust or went agianst what was suppose to be in other words mass murder that is not forseen not mass murder in general he has proven to hate the unespected.

That makes much more sense. Ty for the clarification. :D

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!