Battlefield 3 - OMG IT'S HERE

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Battlefield 3 - OMG IT'S HERE

Postby Jay » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby True Order » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:43 pm

^IS THAT TRUE?! I love the hell outta that joke either way.

On a related note: I heard that Battlefield 3 is mainly focusing on multiplayer. That's just fine and dandy but Why have two disks? Is multiplayer that BIG? In my opinion Single-player sucked balls due to the lack of vehicle usage like what was in BF2. Which leaves just ground combat and taking out vehicles.... no offense to BF3 or anything but the people behind COD tend to do "on foot shooters" better than dice, so even though shooting through a moving train was pretty BA and the occasional "on the rail shooter" moment was OK in moderation. The graphics were cutting edge of course, but still the single player sucked, here's me hoping the multi-player is kick ass.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Glahardt » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:48 pm

Yeah, once you install Origin, it mines your PC data.
I don't mind that, really.
But I still hate that Battlelog shit so I'm not getting it before hits the bargain bin. I hope.

Postby Coos » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:01 am

True Order wrote:^IS THAT TRUE?! I love the hell outta that joke either way.

On a related note: I heard that Battlefield 3 is mainly focusing on multiplayer. That's just fine and dandy but Why have two disks? Is multiplayer that BIG? In my opinion Single-player sucked balls due to the lack of vehicle usage like what was in BF2. Which leaves just ground combat and taking out vehicles.... no offense to BF3 or anything but the people behind COD tend to do "on foot shooters" better than dice, so even though shooting through a moving train was pretty BA and the occasional "on the rail shooter" moment was OK in moderation. The graphics were cutting edge of course, but still the single player sucked, here's me hoping the multi-player is kick ass.

It's on two disks for the 360 because there's a lot of crap in this game and 360 disks don't have as much space as other disks.

Also, PP-2000 for the win. Serrrriously.

Postby Asmodai » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:29 am

It's also two disks for the PC, mostly textures I would say

Fuck Battlelog, that fucking thing is so broken its not even funny
Mephobiac

Postby Coos » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:37 am

Game CD's? For the computer?

Postby Asmodai » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Yep, two DVD's

Loving how PB isn't updated for the servers, getting you kicked from every PB supported server
Mephobiac

Postby Ganon » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Yeah right now Punkbuster is the serious problem a major part of the PC community is having. I can't get onto PB servers at all, so luckily I found a really good non-PB ranked server that is fun to play on and everything.

As for the SP vs. MP comparison, yeah the SP was short and slightly weak, and there wasn't nearly as much vehicular combat as I was hoping - just a single tank run and getting to be the gunner for a jet - but trust us when we say MP is HUGE. I'm still trying to learn some of the maps, so not having a 'practice' mode like BF2 had is really disappointing. I'd like to figure out how to fly this goddamn jet (mouse/joystick sensitivity is my issue right now) without having every Engineer on the map locking on to me in a few seconds. Same with the chopper.
CRISIS: Equestria (Chapters 1-33)
Current Work-in-Progress: CRISIS: Equestria - Chapter 34/35 - Status - 34: 99% done; 35 - 33% Done
Revision Progress: Chapter 16 - NOT YET STARTED
Author

Postby DaCrum » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Blah, missile locks. Because of my macfaggotry, I have it for the 360. Less vehicles. How about interesting glitches you guys get? I keep having people go flying when I shoot them. Straight in the air, towards me. During single player, I had a guy run through a wall and knife me to death.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby Ganon » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Also, Co-op is the shit, yo. One of the first two missions puts you and your partner in an attack chopper. Who flies/guns is random (alternates if you fail) and is great fir leafning the basics and some upgrades.
Current Work-in-Progress: CRISIS: Equestria - Chapter 34/35 - Status - 34: 99% done; 35 - 33% Done
Author

Postby DaCrum » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:52 pm

Is it all online or could I do split screen?
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby True Order » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:42 pm

^It's all online. Battlefield is just one of those games where there is no point in getting it if you don't have XBL or a PC to run it on. Though between the two PC definitly sounds better, my sister's BF was right about that for sure. But my PC can't run stuff like that so here I sit. DAM YOU INTEL GRAPHICS CARD!!
Overthinker

Postby Ganon » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:13 am

Oh to be sure the PC version is gorgeous, and has 32/32 capabilities, but with the PB issues now it's hard to enjoy for everyone.
That problem should be fixed across the board by next week, hopefully. I've followed their directions for fixing the problem, but because a lot of the server connections were terribad slow today due to something wrong with Origin, I couldn't connect.

So I played Co-op all day and mastered flying the chopper. I think I'm ready to venture forth in Caspian Border and Operation: Firestorm with it safely now - I already unlocked flares and heat-seakers while gunning for someone else (another fun benefit) so I can actually be an extremely valid AA vehicle. Still gotta watch out for every Engineer on the map though.
I'm not letting that go. I thought giving the Stinger/IGLA to the Engineer class was a great decision, but they're slightly overpowered - the lock-on range is outrageously long compared to what the ones from BF2 had.
Speaking of, I notice while venturing through Battlelog that there are some VERY nice upgrades for some of the vehicles that I am highly anticipative of.
For MBTs, of course there's the Guided Shell (I'm a few hundred points away from it). If it works like the Javelin does, that's going to be FUN. If it requires laser-painting (which Recons and Choppers can do with a selectable upgrade) then it's not quite as good until I unlock the final upgrade, which is a third seat for the MBT that let's its passenger laser-paint and spot for the tank.
For Jets, and ESPECIALLY for Attack Choppers, there's the low-flight upgrade that makes it impossible to lock-on or spot you if you're flying below a certain altitude. People have to take you out the old-fashioned way - granted an MBT, APC, or AA will ruin your shit, but you've got nothing to fear from typical Engineers and all but the bravest jet pilots, since they'd have to approach from pretty awkward angles if you know what you're doing. Attack Choppers will still ruin your day though.
Author

Postby Ganon » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:44 pm

Addendum: MBT Guided Shells are exactly like the Javelin, and replace your coaxical machine gun. If the target has een laser painted, you can lock on without direct LOS.
This is glorious.

Also Punkbister is working now. Yay~
Author

Postby Asmodai » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:13 pm

IRNV scope has tripled my scores... that thing feels like a cheat. Hell it is a cheat, I used to run a texture hack on MW2 that did exactly the same thing the IRNV scope does.

M416 + front grip + suppressor + IRNV = epic spawn killing
Mephobiac

Postby Asmodai » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:48 pm

Mephobiac

Postby Coos » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:05 pm

Assault Rifles feel so shitty in this game. PP2000 bby

Postby True Order » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:20 pm

@ Asmodai:
So it is possible.....and they told me I was crazy for trying!!!
Overthinker

Postby Ganon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:06 pm

Coos wrote:Assault Rifles feel so shitty in this game. PP2000 bby

Yeah but without the assault rifle you can't insta-switch to the grenade launchers for quick suppression or wall-blowing.
Incidentally, I think the fair few COD players in this game have a misconception of what the GL is used for.

1) Blowing up cover
2) Multi-kills
3) Anti-vehicle weaponry (yes, you can even kill a MBT with the GL, you just have to hit the weak spots [top and rear] and need a lot of grenades. At the very least you can dish out a Disable, which is as good as Destroy if you've got some support nearby)
4) Suppressive fire

So, if you're hiding behind a cement barricade, popping out and shooting at people, i.e. Behind Cover, and a player does the smart thing and blows your ass up, they are not a noob-tuber and you are an idiot for calling them one. In COD, that doesn't work, because cover is indestructible. In BF3, not using the destructible environments to your advantage is a noob mistake.
Blow the shit out buildings. Blow apart barricades and walls. Use whatever you need to in order to rob your opponents of protection, so that either you or your allies can take them down easier. Doing anything else is dumb.
Author

Postby Grivous » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:27 pm

I bought it. For X-Box 360.

But my X-Box has its "unlock" outdated(Mine has 1.9 and it needs to have 2.0 to play the new games like Battlefield and Call of Duty D: ).

But no problems:

I am downloading it for PC now.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:49 pm

God. I should not be getting in the top 3 in my team. Ever.

God we got raped.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Ganon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Anyone got favorite maps yet?
So far, I love Caspian Border now that I can get in the attack choppers regularly, but tank hunting all round is fun too. Being in a chopper on any other map is a test of nerves. At least on Caspian there' s a lot of hills for throwing off lock-ons. Firestorm is waaaaay too open.
I also like Tehran Highway because a pro MBT can just dominate the map. My record stands at 37/1, with some 7500 points. Gotta love Flag Defense points :P
Author

Postby Coos » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:45 pm

Ganon wrote:
Coos wrote:Assault Rifles feel so shitty in this game. PP2000 bby

Yeah but without the assault rifle you can't insta-switch to the grenade launchers for quick suppression or wall-blowing.
Incidentally, I think the fair few COD players in this game have a misconception of what the GL is used for.

1) Blowing up cover
2) Multi-kills
3) Anti-vehicle weaponry (yes, you can even kill a MBT with the GL, you just have to hit the weak spots [top and rear] and need a lot of grenades. At the very least you can dish out a Disable, which is as good as Destroy if you've got some support nearby)
4) Suppressive fire

So, if you're hiding behind a cement barricade, popping out and shooting at people, i.e. Behind Cover, and a player does the smart thing and blows your ass up, they are not a noob-tuber and you are an idiot for calling them one. In COD, that doesn't work, because cover is indestructible. In BF3, not using the destructible environments to your advantage is a noob mistake.
Blow the shit out buildings. Blow apart barricades and walls. Use whatever you need to in order to rob your opponents of protection, so that either you or your allies can take them down easier. Doing anything else is dumb.

I'm (no longer) a COD player, and I don't and never has used Assault Rifles for the grande launcher attachment.
They have always been standard, excellent use guns for me is why. In BF3 they feel weak and inaccurate.

Postby Ganon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:58 am

Maybe you just suck, braw? I have no issues with the M416 whatsoever.
Author

Postby Iris » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:51 am

Fuck the M416, I'm loving the AEK-971, IRNV vision, foregrip and suppressor work great for me on most maps on hardcore. The only time it doesn't work is when I'm staring down a tank... Then I wish I was an engineer.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu Gaming