help! quality

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

help! quality

Postby DarkRey » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Hello
I am new to this and i was wondering whats the best comic program and how to make the art high quality in it.I am trying to see if my work is worth doing it into a comic.

Re: help! quality

Postby Asmodai » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Hey there, welcome to the forums

Every drawing program can act as a "comic program," even MS Paint. I'm sure there's dedicated comic software out there, but I suggest just staying with Photoshop (or whatever drawing program you're comfortable with).

Just create your thumbs to get the general layout done, then make the larger (actual) version.
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Scissors » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:04 am

I like Manga Studio...but there is no "best" program. You need to try things out and see what you like most.

You can get free 30 day trials from Photoshop, Manga studio and some others. There are also free programs, like paint and gimp. Try things out.
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Chuckledarkly: Scissors don't lie. Only cut.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Postby Morpheus » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:14 am

Photoshop has trials?
I thought it was free.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Scissors » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:27 am

What? Nope, it's not free. And it's pretty darn expensive. (of course there are cheaper versions than the one I linked with less features, but last I checked it was anything but free.)
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Chuckledarkly: Scissors don't lie. Only cut.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Postby Mimeme » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:18 am

As everyone above has pointed out, any drawing program can be used as a tool to draw digital comics. Your only concern should be what you intend to do (style, complexity, size, etc.). My personal favourites are Paint Tool Sai and Adobe Photoshop, which I would alternate between the two. Manga Studio is also a fantastic program (the inking... I'm in love!). If you don't have a tablet to draw with and would rather work with vectors, Photoshop and Illustrator are great. Sadly, these programs would cost you... The free solution would be MS Paint and some other software you can google up :)

Good luck!

Return to Art