Amazing Grace

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Amazing Grace

Postby Mintberry_Crunch » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:36 pm

Somehow I get the feeling Jack's sword will get broken by the end of this.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Mintberry_Crunch wrote:Somehow I get the feeling Jack's sword will get broken by the end of this.

I doubt it. it's jacks sword he is too bad ass therefor his sword is too bad ass to be broken
I'm not crazy, I'm differently sane - The Joker

Postby shadownerd221 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:32 pm

What do u guys or girls think would be in the room? My guess would be a nuclear reactor.

Postby KingM10 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:00 pm

favnrrdgrrl10 wrote:
Mintberry_Crunch wrote:Somehow I get the feeling Jack's sword will get broken by the end of this.

I doubt it. it's jacks sword he is too bad ass therefor his sword is too bad ass to be broken

also, if you look in GT, which is set in the distant future, you'd see jack's sword still in his hands in his older version http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic%20id=170 and in Jr.'s bodyhttp://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=149. you'd think it be in Mandy's vault :unsure:

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:38 pm

You'd better hope BR doesn't see that King... He's been trying hard to debunk the rumour that GT and PPGD are in the same universe. Although I do agree that no, Jack's sword can't conceivably be destroyed by any of the current characters around it.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:16 am

It's a mystical weapon forged by deities, so I doubt any amount of brute force could break it.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:29 am

shadownerd221 wrote:What do u guys or girls think would be in the room? My guess would be a nuclear reactor.

I don't think it's that, I think it's a huge power source yes but it's just a huge white room and everything is white, some sort of computer that is connected to everything so reactor maybe but not nuclear
I'm not crazy, I'm differently sane - The Joker

Postby midnightshade16 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:24 pm

I say it's about time she said screw it lol Buttercup is no fun when shes not raging and kicking as at the same time. :roll:

Postby wonder3 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:59 pm

what is in the room?
My guess considering MIB and Skypatrol were guarding it an alien device or something connected to the scientists like Wakeman and the professor(constitently referencing they used to work togather on something). Then agian could just be a supervillian holding facility for all the villians not killed by the heroes.

On another note sorry for earlier post I try to seperate ideas not connected or ideas that have little meaning but to keep the thread alive. Does anyone here know if soul frontier is going to continue it has started off pretty well.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:19 pm

wonder3 wrote:Does anyone here know if soul frontier is going to continue it has started off pretty well.

Magic 8 ball says "Don't count on it."

Postby Gato » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:46 pm

I don't think Jack's sword can be broken by anyone but the gods who created it.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Exactly. When you have something created by Odin, Ra and Vishnu I doubt anything but could break it.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby daviso452 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:46 pm

Innocence Abandoned wrote:You'd better hope BR doesn't see that King... He's been trying hard to debunk the rumour that GT and PPGD are in the same universe.

Wait, what? I thought it was already confirmed that the two are the same universe by Grids?

Postby Zim_eats_waffles » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:27 pm

Lmao wow! at least she tried! hahaha

Postby KingM10 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:55 pm

daviso452 wrote:
Innocence Abandoned wrote:You'd better hope BR doesn't see that King... He's been trying hard to debunk the rumour that GT and PPGD are in the same universe.

Wait, what? I thought it was already confirmed that the two are the same universe by Grids?

that's what i though too. he even said they were separated by about 20 years or so, but i guess that doesn't really mean they're in the same universe.
Innocence Abandoned wrote:
wonder3 wrote:Does anyone here know if soul frontier is going to continue it has started off pretty well.

Magic 8 ball says "Don't count on it."

if you want to confirm yourself, cheek the comic's archives to see the last update.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:18 pm

shadownerd221 wrote:What do u guys or girls think would be in the room? My guess would be a nuclear reactor.

How old are you? Seriously, no. There are better things in life then a nuclear reactor. Good hell man. A bomb wouldn't even denote a nuclear reactor to a nuke's effect.

I don't think Bell has a bomb. What she has looks exactly like the big one that just vanished. so I'm wondering if its some sort of teleport. Therefore whatever they are going after, it looks like they are trying to steal it.

And what dumbass would have a nuclear reactor inside a vault?

KingM10 wrote:
daviso452 wrote:

that's what i though too. he even said they were separated by about 20 years or so, but i guess that doesn't really mean they're in the same universe

Really fucked that idea up.

Postby Xi-1 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:27 pm

Considering the location of the vault it should be neither a bomb nor a prison. I mean, I forget but was the science fair in a mall or a school? Either way, bad place for MIB or Sky Patrol to stick something that could be a threat to life. That means alien tech seems more likely. If they were in here, the Plumbers would want in on this since they have laws about the type of tech Earth is allowed to have (Level-2 in the first series, although here we might be around 4 or 5).
A Page Flipper

Postby Sarahbark » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:55 am

Oh my God, it's Castiel!
...Okay I REALLY need to stop watching Supernatural.

As for what is in the vault...I agree with Blood Lord. It looks like a teleportation device. Question is...what are they teleporting.

A further mystery: the bomb looks like an hour glass, which to me suggests they're transporting what ever it is to another dimention or time period.
There's a plan?
I don't know yet, I haven't finished talking.

Postby wonder3 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:11 am

the reason I asked about soul frontier was becuase Naruto is back.

As for what is in the room all depends on if the device on the moon was just a beacon for the cluster teleportation or wheather it serves a duel function. As for the why I think it could be a prison:
1. it is in the middle of the Superheroes capital of the world
2. it was kept secert from the general public(some comics/manga have prisons that are like that)
3. The fact that a full out invasion was started to cover the action meaning it will take time to set up the device(bomb/teleport) or that they are many items to be moved

The fact that Wakeman, Professor Utonium, and the other scientist used to work together means they also biult or created things togather. This is a scary thought if the device has Wakeman's robotic designs, professor utonium's super powered chemical x, dib's father's tech, and other scientists also contributing to it. Very bad if it fell into the hands of the villians. Just a theory if it is connected to the scientist and they did seem to know the vault was there. If this is the case then we are about to enter a period of distrust with the ppg, dexter, wakeman, utonium, and xj9/xj10. Might explian new design concept for xj in GT if this is the case as well. I'll qoute one of my all time favorite lines "distrust breeds disloyalty where trust is trampled".
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn

Postby daviso452 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:56 pm

I know this is really weird, but does anyone else read SB? When the new page was posted, I went back and re-read all the pages while listening to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwmVQRZO_RE
It starts as a lullaby and turns into a rap. Now everytime I hear it I think of SB. Has anyone ever had that effect?

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:02 pm

That's ironic, every time I read Sugar Bits I think of the song Lullaby by Assemblage 23. There's a "favourite theme song for your favourite comic" thread that recently started, but I think it's been trolled to death by the spam forum regulars.
Last edited by Innocence Abandoned on Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby konata50 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:28 pm

Time for Buttercup to go Super Sayian Buttercup :3 i loved that training room page with them Cos playing :3 KAME HAME HAAAA!
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby shadownerd221 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:50 pm

@ Lord Blood

I was just asking a question there is no need to give a post to a question I just randomly asked.

Postby daviso452 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:03 pm

i'm on your side

Postby KingM10 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 pm

daviso452 wrote:I know this is really weird, but does anyone else read SB? When the new page was posted, I went back and re-read all the pages while listening to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwmVQRZO_RE
It starts as a lullaby and turns into a rap. Now everytime I hear it I think of SB. Has anyone ever had that effect?

thank you sooooo much daviso! I heard this song and I just can't stop playing it.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!