City of Heroes

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: City of Heroes

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:42 pm

If Jeff wasn't collected, then I kinda wonder what he did to get to the layer of hell he was in when we first saw him.
I'm not crazy, I'm differently sane - The Joker

Postby Slashen00 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:01 pm

ShadowofU wrote:First off, this is not Mandy's doing. Mandy made it so that things went her way when she was like...10-12. If it was that way Mimi would be a grown women. Also, the chances are we're going to see the powerpuffgirls possibly dead. Unless one of them you know is still alive. (please be bubbles, or at least show how bubbles died... D:). Also, at the top of one of those building I am sure that's the cluster. From the looks of this, it was after Mandy got married to grim and probably after she had jr. So yeah a lot must have happened. ...I still hope we see bubbles. I want to know what happened to them at least. :unsure: Also, remember in the tv series jeff was given more time on his clock, so that Grim and Mandy could get a kick out of Billy being scared by him. Maybe, Grim probably forgot about killing him. Also, Him does have Jeff's soul so it's possible that is the reason why he's still looking young.

He didn't have his soul till a bit ago, when Him lopped off his head with a scythe-- the fact that Him was ABLE to lop off his head and collect his soul makes me curious-- did Jeff ever actually die? Also, read back on page 4 of this thread-- they pointed out a post where it was said that Bubbles is already dead.
So Zetta Slow!

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Him is the ruler of that level of hell (i think sips coffee) there are layers, and i think it would only be fitting for Him to have powers to pull the souls out and do bad things to it, but if Jeff was truly to die Grim would have been there unless he forgot about Jeff... which I think is a sad possibilty.

Postby Slashen00 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:14 pm

favnrrdgrrl10 wrote:Him is the ruler of that level of hell (i think sips coffee) there are layers, and i think it would only be fitting for Him to have powers to pull the souls out and do bad things to it, but if Jeff was truly to die Grim would have been there unless he forgot about Jeff... which I think is a sad possibilty.

Like I said above, Him pulled his soul out. If he was dead, he WOULD be a soul, like MiniMandy.... Or am I looking at this wrong? It just seems like Jeff here is some strange, special case, like Grim didn't kill him-- rather, he sent him to the Afterlife without truly Reaping him? It all seems quite.... Interesting...
So Zetta Slow!

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:20 pm

Just cause a soul was pulled out doesn't mean it's the persons time. With how pure Jeff is he would have been brought to heaven. If he was going to be killed for good Grim would have been there. All that's happening to poor Jeff is torture, yes his head was cut off but Mini Mandy was torn to bits, yet she's alive and the angel said it probably wasn't her time. Also with Jeffs soul being in the cage, that could be what's keeping him from being able to pass on. There isn't anything special about the spider, but rather what powers does Him have in this.

Also Jeff could have met Mimi on Earth while she was human and when she became a demon , and began to do things for Him, Jeff followed her because he knew she needed him around, to keep what little of her humanity she had, or even the childish part of her.

Postby SPF » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:40 pm

I have many theories about the destruction of the city:
1.- As you remember, in PPGD Blossom was chasing Bell, who had a bomb. What if Bell's mission succeded and she destroted the city?
2.- Megaville lived the Fusion Fall war, wich ended with the death of all the heroes.
3.- The appearance of the Daiy Bugle, Captain America's shield and Thor's Hammer makes me think about the Marvel Comics Civil War, World War Hulk or even the Secret Invasion. Maybe, one of those events happened in Megaville and caused the destruction of the city.
4.- The multiple mentions to Batman, The Teen Titans and Superman could relate to the story arc of Frank Miller's Batman universe. In this universe, the heroes were hunted at some point of the story. Some of them escaped. Others, died.
5 (and most impossible).- Weegee appeared and killed all the citizens XD
The last one was a joke. The others, not.
COWA-F*CKING PIECE OF DOG SH*T!!!
-Angry Video Game Nerd

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:21 pm

SPF wrote:I have many theories about the destruction of the city:
1.- As you remember, in PPGD Blossom was chasing Bell, who had a bomb. What if Bell's mission succeded and she destroted the city?
2.- Megaville lived the Fusion Fall war, wich ended with the death of all the heroes.
3.- The appearance of the Daiy Bugle, Captain America's shield and Thor's Hammer makes me think about the Marvel Comics Civil War, World War Hulk or even the Secret Invasion. Maybe, one of those events happened in Megaville and caused the destruction of the city.
4.- The multiple mentions to Batman, The Teen Titans and Superman could relate to the story arc of Frank Miller's Batman universe. In this universe, the heroes were hunted at some point of the story. Some of them escaped. Others, died.
5 (and most impossible).- Weegee appeared and killed all the citizens XD
The last one was a joke. The others, not.

1- it's not the same universe. Different time line also. and again if it was a bomb it wouldn't have left parts of the city there or robots on top of buildings, there would be nothing, no remains and if there were I doubt some would still be standing.
2- I doubt ALL heroes would die
3- We also see an apple and other items that are non super hero items, it's Mandys collection as for how she got them I doubt she would steal from the dead, and I doubt she would kill them, or have people kill them. unless they attacked her. It also could have been, idk they just died, and those were decided to be put in a safe vault so no one could use them.
4- Everyone is mentioning Teen Titans cause they are with in the age group of the heroes in this city like PPG, that female robot I can't remember, which than brought up Batman which lead to superman cause some people just want to see those bastards die for good.

Postby Gato » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Honestly, I think Mandy's collection is just a bunch of Easter Eggs for us readers. I highly doubt that Bleedman will go into how she got all those things.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:45 pm

^

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:09 pm

Gato wrote:Honestly, I think Mandy's collection is just a bunch of Easter Eggs for us readers. I highly doubt that Bleedman will go into how she got all those things.

They usually are.

Slashen00 wrote:Okay, I'm guessing the Grim Tales universe is either Alternate or Future of PPGD, but seeing as we have yet to see Mimi in PPGD and Jeff doesn't look unnaturally old, I'd say that it's Alternate

They are in the same universe. Jeff's age doesn't have anything to do with it, since he is a underworld creature, the aging process is different.

ShadowofU wrote:First off, this is not Mandy's doing. Mandy made it so that things went her way when she was like...10-12

It could have been, that's the key here, could have been. Mandy only made things go her way in the town for a brief period. As later explained in the comic, Mandy was only ever able to become Mayor of some town. Not even sure if it was Megaville, or Endsville, or Townsville, etc.

ShadowofU wrote:If it was that way Mimi would be a grown women

That makes no sense in comparison to the rest of your statements. STFU, and try again.

Slashen00 wrote:did Jeff ever actually die?

What is death?

favnrrdgrrl10 wrote:Him is the ruler of that level of hell (i think sips coffee) there are layers, and i think it would only be fitting for Him to have powers to pull the souls out and do bad things to it

http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=98
Not hell. I'd like to point out that hell, and the underworld are two totall different places. Like New York and LA, or Vegas.

daviso452 wrote:Oh, and Blood Lord, how have you made 12,800 posts in 3 years? WTF?

To say that I'm on here a lot, would be an understatement.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby DJ4U » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:23 pm

SPF wrote:2.- Megaville lived the Fusion Fall war, wich ended with the death of all the heroes.

The hell is a Fusion Fall war?
Relax, enjoy a comic or two, don't be a dick...I think I accomplished my quota for the day.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:28 pm

DJ4U wrote:
SPF wrote:2.- Megaville lived the Fusion Fall war, wich ended with the death of all the heroes.

The hell is a Fusion Fall war?

This should help.

Its CN's MMO. Fusion Fall or something like it, and probably not for that idea. Bleedman has already borrowed from CN to make this world. Going back again is just pathetic, and I'm sure his team have more creative skills then that.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Xi-1 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Inevitably, cities full of heroes attract... trouble. And destruction. Megaville has (that we know of):
- Courage
- Dexter, Boy Genius
- Mandy / Grim (anti-heroes, but still trouble magnets).
- Monkey
- PPG
- RRB (maybe. Don't know where they're based).
- Samurai Jack
- Timmy Turner (think fairies)

So yeah, a lot of trouble magnets. I don't think they would start fighting each other, though. The Marvel Civil War happened because of the rift the Superhuman Registration Act caused, which was a result of Nitro blowing up and killing lots of people. Some heroes switched sides when others were killed, but they eventually realized the damage they were doing,   which then led up to the death of Captain America after he surrendered on behalf of the anti-SRA side   .

Which leads me to believe that in the war at Megaville, or in its aftermath, Mandy was able to acquire a bunch of the items she is keeping safe in her vault -- such as the Omnitrix, Cap's adamantium-vibranium shield, and Mjolnir. Logic says that the only way Mandy has them is that their respective heroes are dead. Whether they were killed in this disaster, though, is a different matter. If the city's heroes died rather than fleeing, then it would be in a massive and epic battle.

I doubt Bleed and BeeAre are talking FusionFall into account. They'd have to decide whether they were going with pre-time machine or post-time machine or even with the new intro, which involves Plumber training (and had massive bugs when I tried it). Before the Player is involved, yeah most of the heroes die, and CN's Earth gets massively absorbed. But because of the Player, Fuse gets pushed back (or his avatar, since Fuse is a whole planet). It would needlessly complicate things to try to integrate any of this into an already fascinating story.

Of the heroes I listed I think only Courage and RRB would get out (if the Boys were even involved at all). The rest (minus Mandy because she's a realist) would be likely to fight to the death, and therefore we are likely to see some sign of their deaths. As Grim says, a busy time.

Mimi kawaii. That is all.
A Page Flipper

Postby KingM10 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:27 pm

i wished i had joined in sooner. SOOOOO many post!! :dead: and even more first posters, they're even in the Official bleedman forum.
so Mimi does have vocal cords, and i can just imagine her voice tinny and horse. cute!!
and i just want to see a Superman cape caught on a poll. that would show the seriousness of the situation. (wow, 110 posts already!!)

Postby daviso452 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Slashen00 wrote:Okay, I'm guessing the Grim Tales universe is either Alternate or Future of PPGD, but seeing as we have yet to see Mimi in PPGD and Jeff doesn't look unnaturally old, I'd say that it's Alternate

They are in the same universe. Jeff's age doesn't have anything to do with it, since he is a underworld creature, the aging process is different.

Are you sure? I could have sworn I remember seeing Grids post something about how PPGD and GT are two different comics. I could possibly be wrong, but does anyone else know what i'm talking about?

Postby SPF » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Okey, let me just check options.
1.-My first theory would only work if GT and PPGD really share the same universe. I think they are in the same universe because of the cameos of Bell and Dr. X and a drawing of Bubbles and Mandy that appeared in Billy's kitchen.
2.-The second theory would work out just if Bleedman tries to relate the GT Universe with the classic Cartoon Network chronology one more time. And now I think it Won't happen.
3.-The Marvel theory it's my favorite. But I thought some hours ago that the Ultron Wars/Next Avengers story arc would work better than the other sagas. But it is little known, so I doubt it.
4.-The DC theory is pretty good, and even if it doesn't happen like the original, I guess that a Super Hero hunt could happen in Megaville, and it took the lives of others. And the Tenn Titans were mentioned by Dexter and appeared in a news paper, but I don't want them in the story.
P.S: The things that appeared at Mandy's vault could be easter eggs, but sometimes the most common or useless things can have a great unknown story.
If I offended somebody, please let me know.
COWA-F*CKING PIECE OF DOG SH*T!!!
-Angry Video Game Nerd

Postby Imosa » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:15 pm

So many people, where are you all coming from?
Slashen00 wrote:Blossom Bot
Actually all 3 pilot that one.
SPF wrote:Okey, let me just check options.
1.-My first theory would only work if GT and PPGD really share the same universe. I think they are in the same universe because of the cameos of Bell and Dr. X and a drawing of Bubbles and Mandy that appeared in Billy's kitchen.
2.-The second theory would work out just if Bleedman tries to relate the GT Universe with the classic Cartoon Network chronology one more time. And now I think it Won't happen.
3.-The Marvel theory it's my favorite. But I thought some hours ago that the Ultron Wars/Next Avengers story arc would work better than the other sagas. But it is little known, so I doubt it.
4.-The DC theory is pretty good, and even if it doesn't happen like the original, I guess that a Super Hero hunt could happen in Megaville, and it took the lives of others. And the Tenn Titans were mentioned by Dexter and appeared in a news paper, but I don't want them in the story.
P.S: The things that appeared at Mandy's vault could be easter eggs, but sometimes the most common or useless things can have a great unknown story.
If I offended somebody, please let me know.
1. Those were probably Easter eggs too. The reason it's probable that the universes are related is because Grids has hinted at it.
2. The original CN chronology would have to take some wild twists in order to get here. Stuff like a portal that lets Grim adventures interact with Danny Phantom and Power Puff Girls universe. Maybe I'm understanding this suggestion wrong.
3. Nothing suggests Marvel will play a big role in anything.
4. Same goes for DC and the Teen Titans.
P.S.: Yes, but if we consider background items to be important then we have to consider a shit ton of other things. For example when are we going to see that girl from the well... ya know the one that was mentioned by Minnie when she went all psychopathic. There's a reason we don't consider her a central figure in the story line either.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:57 pm

Another thing they were never clear with other than the girl from the well, is whose Jr. dad, yea Grim is dad, but he can't get Mandy preg, if we were going to pay attention to all background things I think that would be one that drives people crazy

Postby OWA » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:53 pm

Hmmm i think a good one would be younge justice heros

Postby daviso452 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Is there a way of contacting Grids to ask if it's the same universe? Because I swear I saw him post that they weren't. If no one does, please do not respond to this post because the only person i'll listen to is Grids.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:26 pm

daviso452 wrote:Is there a way of contacting Grids to ask if it's the same universe? Because I swear I saw him post that they weren't. If no one does, please do not respond to this post because the only person i'll listen to is Grids.

If you swear he made a post, can't you find said post?
And honestly if you didn't want people to response you should have just asked the guy yourself...I'm not trying to be rude, it's just everyone else seems fine to have their different ideas about it, if you are really wanting the answers for yourself you should be the one to ask, not have someone else ask for you.
Last edited by favnrrdgrrl10 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Gato » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:31 pm

I'm with favn. That question in and of itself seems ridiculously redundant.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby KingM10 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Grids wrote:I'd say there's about 30 years between PPGD and GT. Give or take a month

from the bleedman forum. happy now daviso452?

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:11 am

KingM10 wrote:
Grids wrote:I'd say there's about 30 years between PPGD and GT. Give or take a month

from the bleedman forum. happy now daviso452?

*tears of joy*
thank you king for stopping the nonsense!

nnnooowww can we talk about something that matters to this?

like why Mimi is there to begin with I couldn't careless about how it got like that anymore, I know it will eventually tell but I'm very confused as to why a city ruined is such a huge thing to Mimi.

Postby KingM10 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:35 am

it's probably the shock of seeing something from her childhood. in the past, she was probably fascinated by the wreckage, or maybe a trial from Him.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!