City of Heroes

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: City of Heroes

Postby Exodis » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:43 pm

Whoa whoa whoa... Megaville destroyed?! That's impossible! Wtf happend to the Powerpuff Girls?!

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Savior

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:02 pm

Innocence Abandoned wrote:I can't help but think that the only way an entire city with superheroes around every corner could be destroyed would be by treachery... Somehow turning all the heroes against each other, for example, and starting a huge civil war.

Moving on from the "Suggestions for deaths" topic, I was wondering about Mimi's reason for being in the ruins of Megaville. She told Jeff she was there because she "missed" him. Does this mean Jeff wasn't Mimi's guardian at the time? If not, then who did look after her during this time period?

A civil war? now that would be dramatic. almost to level of Jerry springer but with kick ass powers and not a trailer cousin lover lol, but it would have to be something big, cause if it done by just lies it wouldn't end like that, a whole city to ruins. someone loved by all has to die, causing a side to snap blame the others and goes and seeks revenge but instead of going agents one member a whole team, so maybe more than one loved by all dies. possibly.

I believe Mimi is saying "missed you" is due to shock of seeing him, she knows in the real world he is dead, yet there he is able to touch her, and talk to her. that's what I think anyways.
Also for her wanting to be there, something under all the rubble could have survived and was needed or was being protected.
I'm not crazy, I'm differently sane - The Joker

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:08 pm

exodis6 wrote:Whoa whoa whoa... Megaville destroyed?! That's impossible! Wtf happend to the Powerpuff Girls?!

In the other thread, Grids posted this.

Grids wrote:I could say right now that Bubbles at this point in time is dead.

And it would have no effect on the rest of the story.

Which is to say, nobody in the GT universe cares "Wtf happened to the Powerpuff Girls" one way or the other.

@favn That's exactly how I was thinking the civil war would start: one or more important deaths that would make people point fingers and cause everything to escalate. I'm not quite sure on that being the reason for her saying she missed Jeff, but since I can't think of a better reason to support with my own facts, I'll go with that for now.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:44 pm

I gave it more of a though, another way a civil war, it might not be one dying at the start but rather a building of innocent people causing heroes to feel as though they failed, then either another hero hates the other for failing and tension builds up to a fight with in the group, but that isn't what causes a huge blow up but rather the evil comes back again to mock causing the one who failed the first time to go mad wanting to stop it at any cost doing an over kill causing their friends to attack them. I know I worded that odd but if you were able to follow it, yays.

Postby Kane717 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Wait...is this somehow related to what is going on in the PPGD? Correct me if I'm wrong but may the destruction of Megaville be the effect of the bomb that Bell is supposed to set off? o.O I don't know but it seems to me that the two series are now intertwined....

Postby DJ4U » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Its not the same universe bro, the time line among both stories are completely different. If you need an example look at all the different x-men universes
Relax, enjoy a comic or two, don't be a dick...I think I accomplished my quota for the day.

Postby Omniczar » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:21 pm

More like was a City of Heroes.
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:25 pm

DJ4U wrote:Its not the same universe bro, the time line among both stories are completely different. If you need an example look at all the different x-men universes

I am a comic book nrrddddd yes many things happen in each univers, but major things, life changing things are connected. Yes Mandy was a child in this once great city, but she also became an immortal so trying to base how far this happened will be kinda hard since she stopped aging.

So yes it is a different universe, but something have to stay connected. Do I think it's from the bomb Bell has? No. If it was, it would be a huge hole in the dirt, not robots smashed on top of buildings.

Postby Gato » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:12 pm

Yeah, it's gotten to the point where Marvel now numbers it's numerous alternate universes.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby DR-EmpireZombie » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:29 pm

I want to see the power puff girls dead. :mrgreen:

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:45 pm

@ Gato that's why I'm a DC girl (Corny thumbs up)

I don't think this comic will go to that level its twisted enough lol

@ Dr. zombie.... why do you wanna see dead little girls >__< why does everyone want to see dead little girls. why not dead little boys ;p lol jk

Postby monarch near » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:04 am

well ok, well I have a fanfic coming out in a page, about the comic Grim Tales presented in a Sicilian pareceda or is just that Megaville, but it is the hometown Endsville mandy and billy.

Postby caveman » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:24 am

mosama wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa-N3PoNA9k&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SL72a4C ... re=related

Mah eyes, they BURN!!! >.@

Btw 25 pages until massive rant ata... i mean massive evaluation of your work, bro. :devil:

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:51 am

monarch near wrote:well ok, well I have a fanfic coming out in a page, about the comic Grim Tales presented in a Sicilian pareceda or is just that Megaville, but it is the hometown Endsville mandy and billy.

I think I understood half of that (give me a break I'm sleep deprived, no coffee and almost at a water temple)

anyways.... yes this is Megaville. The hometown of Billy and Mandy Endsville you mentioned I assume is the hometown from the show. Billy and Mandy could have just moved to Magaville just as the PPG did instead of being in Townsville.

Postby Xythius » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:52 am

I would love to see Supermans ugly corpse lying on the ground. Such a worthless character of entertainment history. Also Megabyte from the show Reboot would be hilarious. I know neither of these are from megaville but the lifeless corpse's would amuse me.

Postby DJ4U » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:38 am

favnrrdgrrl10 wrote:
monarch near wrote:well ok, well I have a fanfic coming out in a page, about the comic Grim Tales presented in a Sicilian pareceda or is just that Megaville, but it is the hometown Endsville mandy and billy.

I think I understood half of that (give me a break I'm sleep deprived, no coffee and almost at a water temple)

Yeah bro you might want to rewrite that sentence but take it a little slower.
(also Legend of Zelda FTW!!!)
Relax, enjoy a comic or two, don't be a dick...I think I accomplished my quota for the day.

Re:

Postby Sarahbark » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:58 am

Bleedman wrote:Griddles: Which popular character's corpse do you guys wanna see next?

Bobby Singer from Supernatural.
That guy (in my expert, squirrely, Supernatural obsessed opinion) is a dick :/

Or, like a lot of people has said, FLAPJACK MUST DIE!!!
There's a plan?
I don't know yet, I haven't finished talking.

Postby protozeloz » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:55 am

guys there is a huge time lap! a lot could happen.... remember Mandy was just a kid and now she has kids! you could say everyone moved or 2012 happened..... the city ended its glorious era and people moved, probaly mimi was raised there......

and I want to see #86 dead i hate tat bish

Xythius wrote:I would love to see Supermans ugly corpse lying on the ground. Such a worthless character of entertainment history. Also Megabyte from the show Reboot would be hilarious. I know neither of these are from megaville but the lifeless corpse's would amuse me.

worthless? Superman is way far from being worthless

Postby VampPrince » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:35 am

If any character were to make a special appearance in the City of Heroes, It'd have to be Billy, Finn and Jake's hero from Adventure Time. Hands Down.

If I need any other reason to support my argument, here it is...he fought a bear

Enough Said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKwfOiwr ... re=related

Postby Emochick » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:01 am

Little-C wrote:
Um, mimi talked? Megaville destroyed? Wait, Grids did say this is an alternate universe, right!?!? What about Dexter and Blossom and Bell?

Same things I was thinking. :unsure:
Well, Bleedman has a reputation for killing off cartoon characters, so it wouldn't surprise me if they all died. Maybe this is a distant future or something like that. We'll find out later.

On top of that, hello Snafu! A lurker has finally joined the forums.

I wanna know too D: oh god poor dexster and blossom. Hmmmmmmmm flapjack sorry but yeah him
OMG AN ALIEN :O

Postby SuperFireDagwon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:04 am

I'd like to see a couple of random CN executives dead. I'm still pissed at them for what they've done to so many great shows over the past few years. They'd be faceless unknowns, but the nametag could be a 'dead' giveaway.

Oh, and Kevin Levin from Ben 10. Hate the jerk and the whole forced relationship between him and Gwen just makes me retch.

The only person for Gwen is Ben, and they went the safe route and made them cousins instead of actually having balls and have real relationship development over the series. The whole thing with GwenxKevin is just another reason I've stopped watching Ben 10.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:21 pm

protozeloz wrote:guys there is a huge time lap! a lot could happen.... remember Mandy was just a kid and now she has kids! you could say everyone moved or 2012 happened..... the city ended its glorious era and people moved, probaly mimi was raised there......

and I want to see #86 dead i hate tat bish

Xythius wrote:I would love to see Supermans ugly corpse lying on the ground. Such a worthless character of entertainment history. Also Megabyte from the show Reboot would be hilarious. I know neither of these are from megaville but the lifeless corpse's would amuse me.

worthless? Superman is way far from being worthless

It has been stated that this could be a huge time gap, and you can't simply go off Manys age, she stopped aging it never said right after they got married they wanted kids, Mandy did say she hated them so it could have taken awhile to get her to agree to having kids.

Superman is never worthless! He died than came back, and because of little bits of Green arrow was on him after he was blown up, allowing Hal bring him back to life, andd even on comics were super man aged and the world is filled with more mega humans, the good still follow his lead. Superman is awesome.
And yes Zelda is awesome! I even got a hat ^_^

but to attempt to change from a DC hero dead, I think it's still going to be a kid one, but it should be a robot of some sort. Since it's unknown of how this happened if they did a human body, it would have happened recently to this flash back, other wise the body would be... very gross or bones. a robot I think would make it a bit more easy to understand.

Postby Scissors » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:03 pm

Everyone is asking for some character who was never important or made an appearance in PPGD. Ask for someone in the actual series, like a PPG, Dexter, Samurai Jack, Courage, etc. It would be more interesting to see a recognizable character who we actually got to know in the series.
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Chuckledarkly: Scissors don't lie. Only cut.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Postby Slashen00 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:11 pm

Okay, I'm guessing the Grim Tales universe is either Alternate or Future of PPGD, but seeing as we have yet to see Mimi in PPGD and Jeff doesn't look unnaturally old, I'd say that it's Alternate. Now then, we see the crashed and impaled Blossom Bot, so I'm suspecting we'll see the other two well broken. Now, heroes to be seen.... Perhaps the Justice Friends from the Dexter's Series, seeing like, a broken guitar from Valhallen and Major Glory's burned and dented helmet, maybe The Infraggable Krunk's shorts hanging from a broken bit of rock by a crater. As some earlier said, maybe a chopped down KND tree or the broken Teen Titan Tower? Or is that overused by the series itself (come on, it's been busted/broken in to HOW many times?!). Besides that, maybe some broken inventions of Dexters, broken bits of Megas XLR, or perhaps some of Generator Rex? Or even the energy-drained Ben 10 watch.

I started reading the series this week to pass the time, and now I'm hooked on the two. Keep it epic!
So Zetta Slow!

Postby ShadowofU » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:19 pm

First off, this is not Mandy's doing. Mandy made it so that things went her way when she was like...10-12. If it was that way Mimi would be a grown women. Also, the chances are we're going to see the powerpuffgirls possibly dead. Unless one of them you know is still alive. (please be bubbles, or at least show how bubbles died... D:). Also, at the top of one of those building I am sure that's the cluster. From the looks of this, it was after Mandy got married to grim and probably after she had jr. So yeah a lot must have happened. ...I still hope we see bubbles. I want to know what happened to them at least. :unsure: Also, remember in the tv series jeff was given more time on his clock, so that Grim and Mandy could get a kick out of Billy being scared by him. Maybe, Grim probably forgot about killing him. Also, Him does have Jeff's soul so it's possible that is the reason why he's still looking young.
*Pulls out pocky and melon soda* Just sit back and let the chaos begin. -__-

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!