City of Heroes

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re:

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:13 pm

Bleedman wrote:Griddles: Which popular character's corpse do you guys wanna see next?

Megas XLR or Samurai Jack or megaman, just cause "HES A FIGHTING ROBOT.....MEGAMAN!!!"
dancing otter wit a fish

Re: City of Heroes

Postby BaffledOne » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:28 pm

I want to see the corpse of Super Bugs Bunny.

Postby Imosa » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:34 pm

konata50 wrote:Jr. might end up saving Mimi from her own nightmare by going Grim Demon take his fathers scythe and obliterate HIM away from Mimi waking her up and than she likes Jr. as her savior but still goes to HIM to save Jeff....................Crap did not mean to double post it wont happen again promise

Ya, maybe something like that.

Ya know, if you click the edit button you can even delete posts. You don't even need to apologize for the double post, you can just fix your mistake.

Postby Scissors » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:35 pm

Mostly everyone is talking about having another mecha corpse on the next page, or a character who isn't really a main character in the PPGD series...I want Samantha to appear on the next page. Dead, of course.
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Chuckledarkly: Scissors don't lie. Only cut.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Sweet. Love the new page. And Mimi talks!

The PpG Gundam thing doesn't count as a corpse. Expecting something better.

konata50 wrote:Jr. might end up saving Mimi from her own nightmare by going Grim Demon take his fathers scythe and obliterate HIM away from Mimi waking her up and than she likes Jr. as her savior but still goes to HIM to save Jeff....................Crap did not mean to double post it wont happen again promise

Probably not. This has already happened, this is a review, a movie so to speak. Jr can try to interfer, but it would be like you trying to interfer with a horror movie and stop the black guy from dying. I suspect they can't do anything, except watch it unfold. Mimi and Feff haven't noticed the group of people standing near by them. Mandy defiently would have gotten a comment from out of Jeff, and so would Grim since he knows who they are.

Postby DJ4U » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:40 pm

I would actually like to see the remains of the PPGs with Dexter by Blossom's side
Relax, enjoy a comic or two, don't be a dick...I think I accomplished my quota for the day.

Postby Imosa » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Blood Lord wrote:

Probably not. This has already happened, this is a review, a movie so to speak. Jr can try to interfer, but it would be like you trying to interfer with a horror movie and stop the black guy from dying. I suspect they can't do anything, except watch it unfold. Mimi and Feff haven't noticed the group of people standing near by them. Mandy defiently would have gotten a comment from out of Jeff, and so would Grim since he knows who they are.

I was thinking maybe Junior could just do something to snap Mimi out of the hypnosis. Something like "killing" Him when he shows up.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:44 pm

Probably have to hit Horror's Hand.

Besides, we don't want the fool to stop this! We want to see what happened to Mimi and how she became who she is.

So do you think the rest of the world is in a sorry state like this, or is it just Megaville?

Postby Imosa » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:51 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Probably have to hit Horror's Hand.

Besides, we don't want the fool to stop this! We want to see what happened to Mimi and how she became who she is.

So do you think the rest of the world is in a sorry state like this, or is it just Megaville?

I dunno. A disturbance in the trance could cause Mimi to snap out of it. Seeing her Dad get killed might give her to inner strength to break free. Of course, only at the end when Mimi is on the brink of being completely consumed by her fear.
As for the rest of the world, who knows. Nothing suggests either or.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:07 pm

Well, Mandy might not let it go so far. She has a plan here, and I wonder if that plan is to learn about Mimi's background. Then use whatever knowledge she gains to turn Mimi against Him.

Postby Encryptica » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Griddles: Which popular character's corpse do you guys wanna see next?

Spawn maybe? He is in the story after all.
I didn't go crazy cause you're all mad...
I went a little MAD cause you're all crazy!

Postby MegaTJ » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:33 pm

The two plots intertwine. This ought to be interesting.
I fly through the highest and bluest of all skies...my dreams.

Postby Scissors » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Encryptica wrote:

But Spawn is only in Grim Tales...not PPGD. The characters appearing are going to be characters from Powerpuff girls doujinshi.
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Chuckledarkly: Scissors don't lie. Only cut.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Postby Gato » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:00 pm

I'd like it if it was the same continuity. After all, Mandy is still a "1st Grader" in PPGD, so, this situation could be entirely plausible. Perhaps happening after Mandy and Grim are married and living in the underworld?

Also, thank you, Blood Lord, for confirming the PPG Dynamo. I thought that's what it was, but couldn't be sure.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby daviso452 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Scissors wrote:
Encryptica wrote:

But Spawn is only in Grim Tales...not PPGD. The characters appearing are going to be characters from Powerpuff girls doujinshi.

Not really. So far we've seen Dexter and the powerpuff girls. Doesn't mean it's PPGD exclusive. In fact I remember Grids saying the two are seperate

Oh, and Blood Lord, how have you made 12,800 posts in 3 years? WTF?

Postby LowanOfTheNorth » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:45 pm

Im thinking either a teen titan (as much as it would make me sad it would make sense) or even better Jimmy from out of Jimmy's head sense he was like the poster child of cartoon networks down fall, I do mean the fact that it was because it was the first live-action show and cartoon network prided itself on only having cartoons show mass betrayel to the watchers. Lowan will get a little evil by saying that I hate that kid, he was annoying and ruined my childhood with live action crap!
We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves in order to be like other people

Postby LowanOfTheNorth » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Imosa wrote:Wow, lots of people coming out of the woodwork. Hello to all. Hope you stick around. I advise you all to get avatars. It really helps pick you out from the crowd.
So ya, Mimi talked. Moving on.

Mimi and Jeff have not yet acknowledged the Grim family. I'm tempted to think that we are now in Mimi's mind (sorta) where we see her history and fear. The Grim family got sucked in and are only bystanders. What we will now see is a combination of Mimi's history and descent into her fears.
I thought Jeff's appearance was some kind of exaggeration, mixing both Mimi's history and fears into one scenario but I feel like that would be make this part useless as a reference of her history because it would get very hard to separate her history from her fears. Instead we will watch her history and there will be obvious moments when we see her fears.
If we consider that then that means that Mimi did actually know Jeff prior to getting demofied so we'd have to see where that connection came from.
I don't think this disaster is Mandy's doing. Mindless destruction isn't her style.
Again, a lot of this is based off of assumptions. This could go in a lot of directions.

I agree with you compleatly, although the I couldn't help but wonder why you think Jeff's appearance was an exaggeration, he looks as "normal" as a huge talking spider gets, well at least he does to me. And also I think the connection for them might be that Jeff is just a nice "guy" (bug) and Mimi right now is after all in a wheel chair. That has to be a huge factor in their relationship. Jeff is so overwhelmed by her handycap that he just has to help her. Him could have no problem manipulateing Jeff and used his natural motherly (fatherly?) instincs on Mimi for his own reasons and thus the Mimi we see now.
We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves in order to be like other people

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Well, Mandy might not let it go so far. She has a plan here, and I wonder if that plan is to learn about Mimi's background. Then use whatever knowledge she gains to turn Mimi against Him.

I think that is what Mandy is doing, because yes she is married to grim, he doesn't say Mandy was there too so this is probably when he was letting her do her own thing possibly.
As for turning Mimi agents Him, I'm sure it will happen either way simply because of her love for Jeff, and Jr wants to help her.

Either way it shall be interesting, I'm wondering though if this is years after the city was destroyed cause it's either that or a huge bomb.. maybe but I doubt the bomb.
I'm not crazy, I'm differently sane - The Joker

Postby shadownerd221 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:41 pm

God I can't stop talking this is getting good. I want to know what happens next here and in PPGD.

Postby SPF » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Bub, this could ruin my PPGD/Grim Tales crossover project!
Well, I still can save it with a time travel story arc...
Mmmh... I think the dead heroes should be the PPG, Dexter, Jenny, Billy and Ben 10. But I remember some things that appeared in Mandy's vault that make me think about Thor and Captain America.
HOLY F*CK!
COWA-F*CKING PIECE OF DOG SH*T!!!
-Angry Video Game Nerd

Postby konata50 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:02 pm

i do not want to see dead powerpuff girls little kids are invincible when they are heros... excluding Goten and trunks from DBZ Buu saga :)
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:13 pm

konata50 wrote:i do not want to see dead powerpuff girls little kids are invincible when they are heros... excluding Goten and trunks from DBZ Buu saga :)

it's that saga I gave up completely.

I don't think the PPG and Dexter would have died from this, I think it would be a retreat to fight another day so that those who were lost, wouldn't die in vain.

I think Ben 10 should die >_> never liked him to begin with
I'm not crazy, I'm differently sane - The Joker

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:30 pm

I can't help but think that the only way an entire city with superheroes around every corner could be destroyed would be by treachery... Somehow turning all the heroes against each other, for example, and starting a huge civil war.

Moving on from the "Suggestions for deaths" topic, I was wondering about Mimi's reason for being in the ruins of Megaville. She told Jeff she was there because she "missed" him. Does this mean Jeff wasn't Mimi's guardian at the time? If not, then who did look after her during this time period?

Postby Audacity » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Generator Rex :mrgreen:

Postby Knightofshadow » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:37 pm

I think you should put a bunch of heroes corpses spread through out the comic strip like you have samurai jack here and one of dexter's robots there etc. You know what I mean. (Probably)
Yeah thats right I said it.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!