DtF: The Road to Damnation IC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: DtF: The Road to Damnation IC

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:33 am

Gniewomira “Mira” Wiśniewska - Northwestern Memorial Hospital - This Poor Unfortunate Soul

"You... You can do that?" She asked, sitting up straighter as she looked up. Her grey eyes barely restraining joy, "But Why? There are no studies on Polio at this time. And there is no way for me to ever repay you for this kindness." Her hands clutched each other in her lap, her thumbs whirling around each other
"I'd gladly sell my soul to have my little Dragon safe" She murmured, her head lowering a little, her shouders hunched in. Then spoke a liitle louder, one eye peeking through her hair to watch Dr Brant. "He will have the care he needs? What I cannot give him?" She looked hopeful.
You are unworthy to be a mother. Her mind said You cannot give your brother what all other little boys have; good health and barring that he ability to help him. You are just like her.
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Fellguarde » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:20 pm

[[Sacred Heart]]

Gerard?”

A thick, heavy voice shot back from beyond the altar, surprise lending it a hint of shrillness that seemed wholly out of place. A few heads turned and looked up from among the pews.

Joseph hobbled into sight, his hand occupied with a set of thick, leather-bound volumes that stank of old, yellowed pages. He was a man of middling height, but quite stocky, his dark skin speckled with age and thinning hair a mixture of whites and greys. A large, boxy set of glasses that had not changed in style since he’d graduated from college some thirty years ago rested upon his nose. His robes hid his braced leg, but their folds did little to conceal the metallic clink of its steps.

He seemed to notice the stares of those seated in prayer and cut the surprise from his voice.

“At last, we meet in person. I’d extend a hand, but these are quite heavy.”

A smile cracked open along his face.

“Come along.” He turned away and motioned with his head for Gerard to follow. “There’s a small alcove around the back where we can talk.”

[[The Field Museum]]

The curator’s office was larger than one would expect – an octagonal room in which four of the eight vertical surfaces were dominated by deep, wooden bookcases. Strangely, there was quite an abundance of room upon them; in fact, most of them were currently empty, though the room was littered with box upon box of what appeared to be books. Opposite one of the eight walls was a long, bare desk with only a monitor upon it, the partially-assembled components of its adjoined computer strewn around its legs.

At Mia’s question, a man bobbed up from behind a particularly cumbersome pile of boxes, giving her a somewhat hounded stare before patting down his waistcoat. He was tall, though not awkwardly so, and likely in his mid thirties, his blonde hair swept neatly over his head and his eyes a bright shade of blue.

“Oh, well, actually, that would be”–

He paused as Nathaniel craned his head in, glancing between his two visitors. His accent was clearly British – it was, perhaps, the most British accent that had existed, ever, in all of Earth’s history.

“That would be me.”

He paced past the crowd of boxes, over to the desk.

“How can I help you two?”

[[Outside Northwestern Memorial Hospital]]

Brant chuckled.

“There are no major studies ongoing on Polio.” He corrected, jabbing a finger at the sky. “There are, however, many professionals in the field who continue to put their own time into the endeavour. And while there is currently no cure for your brother, there are several treatments that can help to ease his condition, and I would see to it that he receives them.”

Stretched exaggeratedly, he rocked himself to his feet.

“You’re a diligent, hardworking member of the community here at Northwestern, Ms. Wiśniewska. You deserve to give your brother what the hospital can offer. Now, I really must be going, but I promise to speak with the Chief of Medicine on this matter.”

He tipped his hat and grinned widely.

“Have a nice day, Ms. Wiśniewska.”

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:37 pm

Durman

Durman and Desri stepped into the reception hall of Northwest Memorial Hospital. While rather ascetic in decoration (as hospital lobbies tend to be), the room's several lamps and the rising sun lent it a cheery glow that was unlike the usual usual fluorescent lighting foun in most medical buildings. Along the wall that didn't have any windows rested small tables littered with the sort of outdated magazines used to give the anxious patients and their relations something to do while waiting for an appointment.

Seeing that there was a line to the reception desk even at this time of morning, Durman decided go about things in a rather more unorthodox manner. There was less of a chance he would be asked for identification or billing information until later that way, since the lady at the counter was asking the full run of normal questions that could be quite uncomfortable to someone without a real name.

After looking around for alternatives, Durman noticed a kindly looking doctor going by in a hall just adjacent to the lounge. Deciding the doctor (his nametag read "A. Brant") was as safe a bet as any, he quickly moved to intercept the man.
"Excuse me, sir? Could you point me in the direction of the children's ward?"

Postby Silver Samurai » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:51 pm

[Zheng Yue Xifeng - Heading to Northwestern Memorial Hospital]

Task after task was completed and before long, Yue felt satisfied that there wasn't anything left to do other than to wait for any customers to enter into the shop. At least her assistant could finally relax for the time being as Yue went to the cashier desk after deciding to see the income ledger for a moment. Only then she saw a box located behind the desk and she could not recall placing any box in such a place.

"Why is there a box here? Did you placed it here?" She asked her assistant and the younger girl looked surprised for a moment before realization hit her and then the surprised look turned to an apologetic one.

"Yeah.. I was supposed to send a box of Zircoynl to Northwestern Memorial Hospital. They made a call yesterday and I mentioned I would be sending it today, but totally forgotten about it when my car is sent out for service today."

".. Well, I better send this over then. I don't think it would be a long trip. Take care of the shop while I am gone, kay?" The older female replied as she then picked the box up from the floor. Fortunately for her, the box wasn't that heavy. Leaving the pharmacy shop, she head back to her car and carefully propped the box at the car booth. She hoped she would remember the route to the hospital since it wasn't so often that the hospital pharmacy asking for some shipment from a clinical pharmacy anyways.

Luck seemed to be on her side for the day as the asian female managed to find her destination, and soon she was exiting the car after parking, then heading to the entrance of the building. Perhaps she was lucky to find the hospital but now she noted that she now have to find where the hospital pharmacy would be. Glancing around for a moment after just entering into the reception hall, she then moved forward while carrying the box as she then stood in front of the receptionist table.

"Excuse me? Could you so kindly tell me where the pharmacy is located? They called yesterday, asking for a special shipment." She asked politely while placing the box temporarily on the table.
"Let's ignite this war! This war of love!"

Postby Akaine » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:27 pm

Mia Gallo: Museum

She stood there for a good minute or so. She had been friendly with the past curator, so this was quite a blow to her. She was brimming with questions to the point that it was visible, but somehow she managed to keep the questions inside and replied curtly. "I just was dropping off my current research project off. Has the previous [curator] filled you in on it?" She omitted the title of curator, not because she was sore on the topic, but because it was an odd quirk that she had. In a way, Mia assumes that the other person in the conversation will be able to read her mind or make the correct assumption. She doesn't do this out of pretension, but more out of forgetfulness. She looked at the gentleman behind her with a quick glance, as if she wanted to ask more questions, but wasn't sure if he should be privy to the goings of the museum.

She was hoping to get her question in before the gentleman behind her could pipe in, and without being rude. She was a scholar, but she did try to keep some sense of manners. She noticed that the new curator looked a little harried, but she did need to see what needed to be done. That couldn't be accomplished without a few questions first. It was a minute after her question was asked that she realized that she had forgotten to introduce herself. Starting a bit before making an apologetic face, she bit her lip gently and let it slide out from between her teeth before introducing herself. "I'm so rude. Sorry. I'm Mia Gallo." She gave a small nod, as if that was all she had to say. She could have added that she was one of the current archaeologists/historians here, but felt that it would have been a bit much.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Styx » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:50 pm

~~P..Poker Face?~~

Koopa shrugged "well, I have no idea whats going on, all I know is that I think more is going on than we are being told I was hoping you would know something" He gave a flashy smile "If you wish to talk follow me to the kitchen, I still have to make you a pizza" He left the table heading back to the kitchen hoping the man would follow. Not paying attention to see if he did or not he walked to his pizza station and scraped out a dough ball and began to stretch the pizza. Lifting it and tossing it in the air, even if he didn't follow he was gonna give him a bigger pizza and no extra charge.

Postby Villain » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:17 am

Kyle Lyneheart

Driving his car to work Kyle puts all of his efforts into getting there asap. Cutting cars, running red lights, and occasionally nearly running someone over were frequent events of his trip. After the third grandma to flip him off he finally arrived at the Northwestern Memorial hospital. Paroozing around the parking lot he pulls up into a free spot inbetween an obnoxiously placed SUV and a rusty volkswagon that hasn't seen repair in years. Hopping out he rushes over to the entrance of the hospital, dead ahead of him he spots his girlfriend Gweineemora? Gwinoomero? Gwananano? Oh whatever it was, Kyle could never really remember it (or pronounce it even!) but she had an English name "Mira" something he could say AND remember.

Walking up to her he asks "What was that all about?"
Last edited by Villain on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Geomancer » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:52 pm

*What an Ass*

James followed the man into the back as quickly as he could. "Don't play games with me, buddy. I am the grand master of being an ass and you are really trying to dethrone me? Now, tell me what you know or I'm going to make sure every pizza comes out smelling off ass."
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Elend-X » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:18 pm

Gerard
~ Helping in the Sacred Heart ~

Gerard was slightly taken aback by the shout of his name and the priest's forward way. He started to complain looking around at the people that were now looking at them but then Father Joseph came into sight with a pile of leather bound books in his hands. Gerard took a step away so that he wasn't in the way. When Joseph spoke Gerard felt a degree of appreciation that the Priest had the decency to lower his voice. "Father Joseph, I am pleased to make your acquaintance" he said with a simple nod and returned the smile back. The priest headed off clinking pointing them towards the alcove and Gerard felt worried and with a quick step came next to the priest and started walking at the same pace "Father, let me help you with these books. You said it yourself they are heavy." He tried to hide the worry from his face as he followed the priest but he was never good at hiding his true feelings

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:28 pm

Gniewomira “Mira” Wiśniewska - Northwestern Memorial Hospital - Good news!

"You would do that?" Mira's face brightened "If you can ease his pain, make his life a little longer, I will forever be in your debt" tears formed at her eyes as a huge smile spread across her face "Thank you! Thank you!" We're not left only on our own.

"Kyle!" She beamed at him and hugged her boyfriend. "Mr Brant's gonna help me and Drag! He's gonna get Drag into some studies. And they'll reduce his pain!"
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Curley Whirly » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:31 pm

Nathaniel waited politely for the girl to finish her question, then for her to introduce herself. He extended his hand to her once she was done. To address you both, I'm Nathaniel Hale III, and I got a call from you Dr. Craddock sir, not more than fifteen minutes ago. You asked to meet? Paranoia flamed into life inside Hale's head again. He doesn't recognize me??? Maybe he didn't really call me!!! Who is this man, and what has he done with the real Dr. Craddock?!?!?!? Hale took a long, deep breath, slowly bringing his mind back under his control. Of course he wouldn't recognize him, they had never met, duh.

Postby Villain » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:39 pm

Kyle Lyneheart

Looking at Mira's beaming face Kyle couldn't help but smile, holding onto her as she came forward to hug him. He wished that more people were like Mira, caring, sensitive, and gentle. She was his only spark amongst the darkness of the world. With a now refreshed tone he says "Thats great news Mira.  Hey, maybe when I have my break I can visit you and Drag and bring him some real painkillers? While he's still stuck at home and isn't getting treated."  

Looking forward towards the hospital he spots one of his least favorite Co-workers making frantic gestures at him. He never was good at charades but Kyle got the general idea that he had to get to work right now. Furrowing his brow he stares at the co-worker while flaring his nostrils, in an instant the co-worker shivers and walks away confused, his face now pale and frightened. Now with that problem gone Kyle returned to Mira, kissing her upon the forehead before softly saying "I am sorry, but work calls. I'll see you later my love."
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Fellguarde » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:55 pm

[[Northwestern Memorial Hospital – Reception]]

The receptionist glanced up Yue Xifeng, offering up a small smile and muttering a “one moment, please” into the phone at his ear.

“It’s actually just a short walk to your left. Just go straight down that corridor,” he jabbed her finger towards a wide passage that lead into the eastern wing “and follow the signs. It’s near the cafeteria, so when you start smelling hospital food, you know you’re going the right way.”

At the mouth of the corridor he had indicated to, a ruffled Dr. Brant juddered to a stop before Durman. There was something unsaid in the brief glance he afforded the two of them, but it faded quickly. His face beamed open into a smile.

“It’s not far. Just head up to the second floor and make your way into the eastern wing. It should be the first ward on the right. Normally, I’d show you myself, but I’m in a bit of a hurry.”

[[The Field Museum]]

Mr. Craddock seemed to detect the surfeit of questions dammed up behind Mia’s skull, pausing in tired expectation and seeming pleasantly surprised when she didn’t press much further than necessary. He smiled wearily and made his way around the desk, offering her his hand.

“William Craddock. Nice to meet you, Ms. Gallo. And I’m afraid I haven’t been filled in upon a great deal of Mr. Bettelheim’s work. This has been a very… hurried process. I simply haven’t had the time to look over everything yet. Still, though, leave your report on my desk. I’ll get round to it…” He paused, glancing across the legions of unpacked boxes assembled before them “…eventually.”

He perked up considerably as Nathaniel introduced himself, a curious gleam entering his eye.

“Oh… you’re Mr. Hale? I’m sorry, I simply didn’t expect to be seeing you so soon. I thought the place would look somewhat more presentable by the time your schedule freed up.”

As before, he offered his hand, but there was a certain eagerness to the motion now.

“I’ve heard a great deal about your particular expertise, Mr. Hale, and I think I have something that might interest you.”

[[Sacred Heart]]

Father Joseph was perhaps a little quick in unloading the heavy assortment of chronicles upon Gerard – barely had the words left the younger man’s tongue before the full compliment of battered tomes was being thrust into his arms. They were even heavier than they looked.

“Why, thank you, Gerard. Awfully kind of you.”

Unburdened, Father Joseph rattled along at double the pace, leading Gerard past the alter, into an arched passage that gave way into a homely little edifice set apart from the rest of the church. There was a table and a few chairs, a much of which was covered with books of similar size and age to those in Gerard’s care, and on the opposite end of the room a small kitchen surface.

“You can set ‘em down there.” Muttered Father Joseph, nodding towards an untaken spot on the table. He set himself down upon one of the chairs with a long sigh.

“Been watching the news, Gerard?”

Postby Silver Samurai » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:13 pm

[Yue Xifeng - Northwestern Memorial Hospital]

When the receptionist lifted his hand to point the direction for her, her eyes followed where his hand led and quickly noting the little information, hoping she would not forget. She repeated the directions, though mostly muttering to herself and nobody else, "Alright, so to my left. Straight down corridor. Cafeteria, signs.. Okay!" Turning her head to face the receptionist, she offered a warm smile as she picked the box up once again into her arms.

"Thank you so very much for your help." She gave a slight nod of her head in thanks before turning herself to her left, then walking forward towards the entrance of the east corridor. She noticed a young man, perhaps around the same age of hers standing there with a small child, though having a slight conversation with one of the many doctors.

Passing by them silently, hoping not to bring any attention to herself and also not to interrupt them, she then continued her journey onwards and her eyes peeled as she started gazing around, hoping to see a sign sooner or later. Soon, she saw a sign indicating where the cafeteria would be, and also seeing the direction pointing to the pharmacy's location. Sighing out in relief, Yue continued walking onwards in a steady pace.

Wanting to get this done over with so she could return to her own pharmacy shop, she quickened her pace slightly. Sooner or later, she caught whiff of some food, which meant the asian female was definitely close to the cafeteria. Though she had to note to herself that she actually forgotten to eaten some breakfast at this point when suddenly she felt a pang of hunger. Perhaps she could stay longer and head to the cafeteria to get some light food before she head to the carpark.

Finally, she found the pharmacy located nearby the cafeteria and Yue quickly entered. Glancing around, she then headed forward to the sales counter and placing the box on top of it. The person behind the counter had her back turned towards Yue, perhaps not realizing her entry. Yue tilted her head and cleared her throat to get the female's attention, "Uhm, hello? I'm Zheng Yue Xifeng. I came to deliver Zirconyl that you had ordered from our shop."

Suddenly, the female turned around and the female's eyes widened slightly, as if out of recognition. In return, the asian female stared at the woman for a moment before realization hit her, her own eyes widened as she then asked out of certainty, "Joanne...?" She briefly recognized the female before her as one of her old classmates back then when she was studying pharmacy in her old university.
"Let's ignite this war! This war of love!"

Postby Akaine » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:03 pm

Mia Gallo: Museum

She noticed that the new director looked particularly relieved that she didn't ask any more questions, and gave a small sigh to herself. They would have to be asked sooner or later, but it appeared that with the current amount that the new guy had, she would have to wait. "No rush on my part. I'll keep working on some of the side projects till you're settled?"

She placed her labeled folder on a part of the desk that wasn't too cluttered with boxes before accepting Nathaniel's hand with a nod. He began to talk about himself a bit and it was then that she took notice that the director had a particular interest in Mr. Hale's addition and was curious. She didn't sense anything particularly unique about him as of yet, but then again, she didn't know either man too well. 'Appearances can be very deceiving', she thought to herself as she bit her lower lip gently and listened to both of the men and noticed that Mr. Hale looked nervous, and now that she thought about it, the director was looking excited. This was certainly an odd meeting of sorts. She was beginning to wonder if she should even be here.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:07 am

Durman

"Thanks, Doc," Durman afforded the rather bemused doctor a small smile, and continued on his way down the hall. Of course they hadn't moved the children's ward in the twenty or so years since last he had been through this hospital. Granted, the building had seemed much larger and more imposing as a child, and being treated for adolescent traumatic head injury had led to a rather drawn out and unpleasant stay in the children's ward. Briefly, Durman wondered if Dr. Brant had, in fact, already been one of the hospital's employees at the time of his own little infamous "escape" from the facility. The point was moot, since it would be next to impossible to identify the rather tall, lightly tanned man strolling down the hall as the pale boy who had carefully walked behind a large family right out the hospital's front doors two decades ago.

Noticing Desri's downcast expression, Durman decided they could afford to put off the trip up to the children's ward for at least another half hour. "I hear the cafeteria food here is really good, compared to some places." Durman seldom needed to address Desri by name, unless in a noisy crowd; she knew that when he talked, it was hardly ever directed towards anyone else.
"I'll be fine," she insisted stoically.
Durman wasn't convinced in the least. "Let's at least grab a piece of fruit and something to drink. We can take it with us if you're so eager to make an appointment."
Desri wasn't about to raise any further objections. Following the scents of cafeteria food, Durman passed by the pharmaceutical section and through the double doors into (what he hoped to be) a post-breakfast snack and an opportunity for him to think up a way to walk out of this building with Desri cured and himself not arrested.

Previous

Return to Role Playing