Scissors don't lie, only cut. (Scissor's art, duh.)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Scissors don't lie, only cut. (Scissor's art, duh.)

Postby Scissors » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Um...Hi there. I finally thought about posting some of my art here, and here it is. I ought to get a scanner, and these were all taken with a camera/webcam, so the quality isn't too great, but they'll do. You can click on the thumbnails to see bigger versions of the images.

Would love some advice, or suggestions for developing a style that is a bit more unique.
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Chuckledarkly: Scissors don't lie. Only cut.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Re: Scissors don't lie, only cut. (Scissor's art, duh.)

Postby Morpheus » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:27 pm

I love the second one.
As far as style goes try different things and expand beyond anime.
Also are you using water color?
Because I would like to get into that soon.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Alopunk » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:31 pm

Ahhh it's all so well drawn and cute. :D Second and last ones are my favorite so far.
And I agree with Morpheus. The best way to find your own style is really to try out different stuff.
Lord Soth: ^ That one does have a fascination in making people more sparkly.
Sable: And here I thought the sparkles you added to everything was cocaine.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not much of a punk.

Postby Grivous » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:51 pm

I liked the message that shows in the third picture. The girl is being forced by those hands, society's hands, to join with them; be like them; act like them. But a different hand, a helping hand, is trying to save her from those society's hands to don't act like them; don't be like them. She needs to be herself. Needs to be what she wants to be, not what the others wants she to be.

(That's what came in my mind. Hehe)

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Scissors » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:36 pm

Morpheus wrote:I love the second one.
As far as style goes try different things and expand beyond anime.
Also are you using water color?
Because I would like to get into that soon.

Thanks! And I'm using copics (markers). They look kind of like watercolors though, but the colors are more vibrant.
Alopunk wrote:Ahhh it's all so well drawn and cute. :D Second and last ones are my favorite so far.
And I agree with Morpheus. The best way to find your own style is really to try out different stuff.

Thanks :3 And I've tried some Scott Pilgrim stuff (the second one), but I oughta move away from anime to learn some new stuff.
Grivous wrote:I liked the message that shows in the third picture. The girl is being forced by those hands, society's hands, to join with them; be like them; act like them. But a different hand, a helping hand, is trying to save her from those society's hands to don't act like them; don't be like them. She needs to be herself. Needs to be what she wants to be, not what the others wants she to be.

(That's what came in my mind. Hehe)

Grivous.

Oh sweet, that's sort of what I was going for C:
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Postby Morpheus » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:41 pm

Try some studies with your drawing.
Do landscapes and portrait studies.
And find some art that inspires you and work towards that.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Scissors » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:41 am

Just got photoshop and a tablet, and drew this. I wasn't too concerned about the lineart, I was just trying to get used to the whole process. I do sort of like this. :)

I used the old style I'm trying to move away from, so I could use a familiar style for a new way of making art.

Postby DJ4U » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:32 pm

I like it, just a little squiggly which ain't to bad for a practice run with your new tablet.
Relax, enjoy a comic or two, don't be a dick...I think I accomplished my quota for the day.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:28 pm

Oh wow. How did I miss this thread for so long? Well this is definitely one of the best art threads I've come across in this forum. Your style reminds me a lot of my good friend's, and she makes bank off of commissions and such for being one of the better artists on campus.

Postby Garsna » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:56 am

I agree with everyone else. You have a good, established style that looks good.

I also agree with Morpheous, and I'd love to see you do some illustrations outside of anime. Maybe some figure drawings or something.

Postby Scissors » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:49 am

DJ4U wrote:I like it, just a little squiggly which ain't to bad for a practice run with your new tablet.

Haha yeah, it just started out as random scribbling, but it turned out pretty decent.

Innocence Abandoned wrote:Oh wow. How did I miss this thread for so long? Well this is definitely one of the best art threads I've come across in this forum. Your style reminds me a lot of my good friend's, and she makes bank off of commissions and such for being one of the better artists on campus.

Thank you! And I've been thinking about trying to do commissions, once I put more art up on DeviantArt, and get more watchers.

Garsna wrote:I agree with everyone else. You have a good, established style that looks good.

I also agree with Morpheous, and I'd love to see you do some illustrations outside of anime. Maybe some figure drawings or something.

I've been drawing still images, recently. Like cow skulls and wood piles and stuff. I could post some of that later.

Return to Art