X-Men, Age of Apocalypse: OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: The X-Institute 2: OOC

Postby Akaine » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:45 pm

Sure, if you link me, I'll pm them to you.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Belwicket » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:47 pm

It's the second reply on the first page.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Glahardt » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Name: Roselia Chia
Codename: Flux
Appearance:
    Roselia is a pure Chinese. She had kept her long hair, occasionally trimming it and as before, usually keeps a ponytail. Her skin has become a lot more pale due to her spending most of the time under the mansion, as many of the remaining students did. Not only that, she had grown significantly taller, and is right now at 5'4". Her body has become slightly muscular as she spends most of her time training in the danger room. Her usual attire consists of a T-shirt, a black leather jacket and a pair of long, black jeans.
Personality:
    Roselia has become a little more anti-social than her classmates would've remembered, and more outspoken. She still keeps to herself most of the time and enjoys the company of her friends, but between training alone and hanging out with friends, training always comes first. One thing observant classmates would notice is that she no longer smiles as often as she did, and when she does, it more often than not, carries a hint of sadness.
History:
    Roselia has remained behind as some of the students left for Genosha to rescue the kidnapped students, watching her friend dying slowly, her flesh slowly eroding as it she had contracted a less gruesome, but in no way less deadly version of the flesh eating virus. Despite it tearing her apart from the inside, she tried to maintain a positive outlook, that everything will work out somehow. She would visit her friend whenever possible, which is to say most of the time since many, if not all of the classes were postponed indefinitely. She had tried contacting her parents by calling, e-mailing, whatever means of communications she could think of ever since the war started, but there was no reply. She even tried to leave the relative safety of what was left of the mansion on a few occasions to look for them, but only stopped because she was constantly reminded of her friend's dire condition and that she had no way of reaching them. So she stayed back, accompanying her friend as her body expired slowly.

And then, the dreaded day came. Roseila knew this day would come no matter what, and yet she tried to pretend that everything will work out at the end, one way or another. She had left for the danger room earlier to take her mind off all of the troubling thoughts that plagued her ever since the war started. When she returned to to the medical bay after a refreshing shower, she realized that something was missing. The medical bay felt too quiet. The familiar beeping sounds of th- Beeping sound? She realized that that was exactly what was missing and ran towards the bed that she knew all too well, and found nothing but a pile of ashes. She immediately broke into tears. She tried to scream but her throat stayed silent. She fell to her knees as sadness overwhelmed her, she knew it was coming, yet it did not make it any easier for her. If was only after a while that she started calming down and noticed that there was something in the pile of ashes. She sifted through the pile of ashes with her fingers and came upon something. A single seed. This is all that remains of her friend.

Roselia had remained in her room most of the time for the next few days, always keeping the seed nearby as if someone would come and take it away. And then she finally decided to plant it in the backyard of what was left of the mansion, just beyond the swimming pool, or what was left of it. After deciding that there is no longer a reason for her to stay, she set out to look for he parents with just a single backpack and a leather jacket on her back, but not forgetting to make sure that someone would water it every few days before she left. She had miraculously reached home, only slightly north of Manhattan Island, without too much trouble, only once did she almost ran directly into the middle of a conflict between resistance forces and a sentinel patrol. When she had finally arrived home after weeks of wandering - which is a miracle by itself considering the fact that she commercial GPSs stopped working such a long time ago and all she had was a map and no compass - she had found her home mostly intact, but had been pretty much looted empty except for heavy furniture and small trinkets that are generally useless. It was obvious that her parents had abandoned the house a long time ago and all she could do is hope for the best. Fortunately, the looters were long gone, and the damage to her room was minimal. At least I get to spend one night in bed after weeks of wandering around, she told herself as she covered herself with her jacket, spending the night thinking about her parents until fatigue overcame her.

The returning wasn't as easy, as the first thing that Roselia heard the next morning was a huge explosion that rocked the house. Judging from the immense vibrations that rocked the house, it was not too far from the house - as far as her still half-awake mind could determine anyway. Roselia put on her jacket ran out of the house to assess the situation further only to be greeted by resistance members barking orders and running around. Before she knew it, she had already been dragged into the center of the conflict as a sentinel made her their prime target. Knowing that many blame mutants for the war, Roselia refused to use her powers and instead tried to run away, it didn't take long until the sentinel caught up while constantly being peppered by the resistance members' gunfire. She then realized that the resistance wasn't really doing too much to the sentinel and that she would eventually be captured if she didn't start fighting back and ran towards the sentinel instead, taking out one of its legs as she practically pulling it out underneath the sentinel. If didn't take long for the resistance to finish the job after that. Roselia had ran back to the house to grab her backpack, but when she emerged from the house, she was surrounded and forced to join the resistance. Many of the members protested, but the man who appeared to be the leader insisted that she join them. And if she refuses... Well, he can't really guarantee her safety. Battered, hungry, thirsty and having no confidence that she would be able to get out of this mess at all, she agreed. Though temporarily.

It was only about 5 months later that Roselia was eventually able to leave the resistance group, but only because the leader was sick of her constant nagging that started about 2 months after she was forced to join the group. But not before she faced another few sentinel patrols and performing massive amount of chores for the resistance group, such as fixing up broken machines and scavenging. She wasn't given much when she left the group, but they were kind enough to at least give her an old truck that they were about to abandon.

After returning, she mostly kept to herself as she had before, but spending more time in the danger room since there is nobody for her to accompany anymore.
Powers:
  • Metal manipulation - Flux is able to manipulate the shape and state without manipulating the temperature or magnetism for up to 30 feet radius, with the amount of metal manipulated decreasing over range. Depending on her state of mind, she might be able to extend the range for another 5 to 10 feet, but could only move small amounts of metal, slightly larger than the size of a fist.
  • Swordsman - Flux has spent an extensive amount of time training her techniques in the danger room. While she is nowhere as good as an actual sword master, needless to say, she could handle any untrained thug in melee combat.
  • Martial artist - Without anything else interesting to do at the the institute while the world was at war, Flux trains whenever she is able, hoping to find Rust one day and make him pay. She isn't exactly a big girl, and neither does she hit hard, but her agility and makeshift gauntlet more than make up for her disadvantages.
  • Jury rigger - Months of hiding and moving within cities, Flux has picked up some mechanical skills, especially on how to fix the bigger parts of cars and minor electrical appliances.
Last edited by Glahardt on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Postby Asmodai » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:16 am

TheMaddness wrote:Pffft, try having 500 pages of random bullcrap. >_>

True, but this is 32 pages of non-bullcrap... semi-non-bullcrap
And there isn't even an IC yet
Mephobiac

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:23 am

Gah, sorry, sorry. Been real slow, college is a pain.
Should have something up real soon. Mostly working on touching up personality and getting a history. Trying not to go too crazy.
For the Greater Good

Postby Imenak » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Don't worry about it. Two other people need to finish their CSes as well, and school actually just started for me. No rush.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Akaine » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:02 pm

Just beasted through a few week's worth of homework for my Italian class~ Yeaaah!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Hana » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:21 pm

Oh, that reminds me! Miranda's unfinished historeeee!
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Belwicket » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:19 am

I'm running out of ideas for the writing sample. Hana, didn't I have a long post in your SPN RP?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:31 pm

You had a number of posts. Are you having trouble locating the thread?
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Belwicket » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:09 pm

No, I'm just trying to find a good sized post 'cause I'm stuck on my CS's writing example.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Dorian » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Will you ever not need your hand held through every step of your profile creation process?

If you're not satisfied with your writing example's length for some reason (Hint: It doesn't matter how long it is) then write something else.
Never asked for this

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:19 pm

I'm just going to say this now MLS, but it is a very bad idea to ask for help, so much anyway.

Why?

Because only so many new people can get in apparently, meaning that if Imenak has to choose between someone that made a half-decent character on their own and does okay posts, or someone that asks for help all the time, it's obvious he's going for the person that's independant.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Belwicket » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:21 pm

I only want to be the best I can be, even if that means asking for help at the beginning. I can usually keep the story going.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Cascade » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:28 pm

It might be a good idea to look in threads you've RP'd in on your own. Only you can locate the writing you're proud of.
FUKKATSU

Postby Silver Samurai » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:33 pm

My_Little_Sister wrote:No, I'm just trying to find a good sized post 'cause I'm stuck on my CS's writing example.

I would recommend either writing another sample really, or... You can try the 'My Posts' link at the top and look through the threads you posted in. Gonna be a while, but ehhh.
"Let's ignite this war! This war of love!"

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:36 pm

My_Little_Sister wrote:I only want to be the best I can be, even if that means asking for help at the beginning. I can usually keep the story going.

Asking for help all the time doesn't make you the best you can be, it makes you "you with help from others."
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Silver Samurai » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:55 pm

My_Little_Sister wrote:I only want to be the best I can be, even if that means asking for help all the time.

Fixed.

But anyways, eh, people already said what they wanted to say, so, MLS, well, much good luck in finding or writing a good writing sample.
"Let's ignite this war! This war of love!"

Postby Styx » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:21 pm

I am just excited to find out if I am accepted or not.

Postby Draken30000 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:10 pm

Styx wrote:I am just excited to find out if I am accepted or not.

Same here. Its tense lol

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Glahardt » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:16 pm

Alright, just added powers.
Mutant power looks a little ridiculous though, so I'd appreciate it if you have a look at it, 'Nak.

Postby aj_gatsz » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:29 am

Added a pic-link to my desc, to give an idea of the looks.

Postby Deena » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:16 pm

Doodled a little more Penny at work today. Excuse the derp eyes, babysitting old people makes it hard to focus on proper anatomy.

I might sketch a few random characters from the RP later.

Postby Karo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Deena, you make me jealous and hopeful at the same time. DX
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Akaine » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:36 pm

She looks supah cool!!! (And kinda like you~)
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing