Bioshock: RAPTURE

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Bioshock: RAPTURE

Postby Creppy Eggy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:13 am

Have any of you guys read the book Bioshock: Rapture? It's based on the highly-acclaimed video game Bioshock and its sequel Bioshock 2! Yes yes, I know. Sometimes video games into books is a bad idea. But Bioshock has such a rich enviroment, gritty atmosphere, and an amazing story! Hell after hearing the news about the book last year, I was so excited I look to see if I can pre-order it every day for 5 months! I got it the first day it came out. I've finished the book and it's fantastic! If you've played both Bioshock 1 and 2, get this book. If not, get the game(s)! You won't regret the best buy of your life! It tells you the rise and fall of Andrew Ryan and his underwater city of Rapture. You might even read things you've never knew!
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Re: Bioshock: RAPTURE

Postby Scissors » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:30 pm

There's a book?

I love Bioshock. I think I'll check it out.
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Chuckledarkly: Scissors don't lie. Only cut.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Postby Maru » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:36 pm

I want this just for the Little Sisters and their insane nonsense.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby BaffledOne » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:29 pm

This makes me so want to post a pic about books based on video games. Must.Resist.The.Urge.
Fuhhh... I really don't understand the point of making a book for a video game. To make a good book one needs good writer(s), time and funding. I don't see gaming companies investing in any of these factors.

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:01 am

I'd give this a look, for sure.
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Creppy Eggy » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:56 pm

maru-shadow wrote:I want this just for the Little Sisters and their insane nonsense.

Well, the little-sisters won't come until your half way through the book... also the big daddies :)
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Return to Literature