COR: The Dark Ages IC----Land of the Wolves

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Land of the Wolves

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:59 pm

-Mork-

The problem with being an orc around man-kin is no matter how hard you try, someone is going to stare. Mork kept his head low and walked with a neutral expression. He hid his weapons to avoid causing a stir. He stuck to the back streets and darker alleys. Yet there was always those who looked up and kept looking til he turned a corner. Sighing lightly, he pressed on through Meka. It didn't matter much, he supposed. Doubtful they took enough head to remember him, and even less chance anyone would care to look into it. Stopping at one corner, he pulled out a map gingerly, stuggling to get it with his large hands. Maps never did seem to come in Ork size. A quick check confirmed he was still moving in the right direction, and the large green fellow cloaked in brown passed into another dark alleyway. Either he was lucky today, or the thugs in this area didn't want to bother him. Either way, it made travel much simpler. The last time he had scoped out a major city, he'd ended up smashing more than a few skulls.

While he mainly focused on getting to his destination, he also took some time to really see the city, or this part at least. It was quite unnatural, though he had been expecting that. Quite like other Man-kin cities in many ways as well. The poor and the destitute gather up into slums and struggle to survive. Mork had known man-kin for some time, but he still wasn't sure why they could not band together and fight their way out. Admittedly, he supposed those Mekian creations included some number of powerful weapons and machines. The thoughts went through his head a few more times until he finally spotted his goal. A run down warehouse. Leaden had given Leon directions to find him if he needed, and Mork had payed close attention. Mork was a newcomer to the city, and he needed someone who knew it well, especially it's underside. Cautiously walking over, he came to the door and pushed it open, looking inside.
For the Greater Good

Postby Mastermind001 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:28 pm

{Leon Borren}

_Outside the Circus_

" Leon, and I can admit, I might be way off base, it could be a kidnapping and I could be wrong about the target." Leon admitted as he lead Serenity to the Carnival. " However, I do know for a fact that someone attached a device to the power generator of the Ferris Wheel. Whether as a killing tool or a distraction, it had a purpose. " He went on to say, mentioning what he knows about the situation, and what lead him to it. Leon then reached into his vest and over paid the admission fee, giving the ticket attendant a nice little tip.

Leon suddenly turned to the Serenity. " To be honest, its a first." He said in playfully tone. " Lots firsts here, battling a sky pirate captain, nearly killing on his own airship, being mugged by a man who can melt things, and now this, got to love this city. " Leon remarked, slightly telling his exploits to the girl. He sounded a like kid in a toy store than a boasting blowhard. " Ah there we go the big top. I wager a guess, that's where it will all go down. " Leon stated as he could hear the crowds roaring underneath the tent. Something exciting was happening, something that Leon definitely looked forward to. " Any particular snacks, you would like before we explore that mystery, Serenity?" Leon questioned " I, myself, am fond of Icilee Ice cream. "
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Lionheart » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:24 pm

[Lothering]

The sounds of commerce filled the Mercenary's ears as his feet strolled through the streets of Meka's busy market districts, goods from the far corners Rathya converged here to be sold at the prices only the shadow guilds could decide, he knew of their existance because they had a tendance to want their compition... disposed of, but the frilvilous games of the higher class was something he did not like looking in on unless it benifited him with something he wanted, such as some cold hard money jingling in his coinpurse.

But his business now was strictly personal as his eyes surveyed the booths for something he had been craving ever since his arrival here. The smell caught him long before he saw them but his mouth warped into a wicked smile, bearing wolfish canine teeth, none the less. There it was, the finest tabbaco in all of Rathya straight from the plantations of his homeland in Terratula, the smell of the herbal incense that they had was sickening to most but smelled like the gardens of the world beyond to the Merc. Without a second thought he ordered the merchant to give him the best cigars he had in a hiss like tongue, and the man complied.

"So rich, so sweet... intoxicating."
"When a body is used by another, it can be called nothing but a puppet. This one has served its purpose, and it is useless."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0SrR4jL6ns&feature=fvwp&NR=1

5K002S5000484F43FEA99E0000100BB96UN1837104100000D187722BFEF08005107F3FCC004CB2

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:33 pm

Hester Claerwen Willow – Heading for Circus Chroma

Hester nodded her fluffy white head. “That’s why I’m here. I’m hoping I can make art my career.” She smiled gently. “And thank you, I try my best. But it’s really the world that is talented, not me. I just give it a voice and a picture, and pages for its story.” She tilted her head to the side, listening to his story. “I’m so sorry to hear that, Sir,” she said, sounding sincere. “And I hope you do come across a happy ghost. I hope you do. It will make you feel so much better.”

The small albino let out a warm bright smile “Thank you for the compliment. I hope so too.” She nodded, “Nice meeting you, John Corwin. I hope your paintings do well.” She then turned around to face the Carnival and began to half skip, have trot over towards the entrance, trying not to trip over her own equipment in the process. Nevertheless, she almost slipped up once or twice.

Despite her still cheery, dreamy disposition, the conversation she’d had with the artist did make her more thoughtful and reflective. It felt like a shadow had been cast on what she knew, like a dark cloud in a clear blue sky. It gave her a lot to think about as she at last trotted into the Carnival. By the looks of things, the main event had already started. Intrigued, Hester started to scurry her way over to the brightly coloured tent at the centre of the carnival, easel and canvases still tucked under her arm, tool box in hand with the other. She tripped over her easel and stumbled a little as she hurried to the circus tent, wondering what she was missing.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Lionheart » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:04 pm

[Lothering]

Lothering watched with golden antisipation as the plump merchant quickly scampered around behind the booth to collect the offering so that the unpleasent company would depart. Silently pleased with the speedy collection of the goods, the mercenary nodded at the merchant and fished out a large some of currency in exchange for the box of precious tabbaco that was hesitantly handed to him. But before storing the box away from sight, the mercenary took the top most cigar and placed it beneath his nose, taking in the smell of dryed leaves and aged paper that so finely complimented one another in a smokey oder as a test of quality.

A wly grin crept aross the mercenaries features as he bite the end of the cigar off with a snap of the teeth and chewing on it before spitting it into the street. The mercenary bit the other end of the cigar before walking away from the booth down the street through the throngs of people that crowded it.

"Mmmmmm such a strong flavor... havent had this taste since Faelee," thought the mercenary with his hand digging in his pocket as he walked down the street.

Something caught the corner of the mercenary's eye, causing him to stop in his tracks and apporach it. It had been a poster hanging on one of the many merchant halls, the vibrant hues of the paper stood out from the rest of the surroundings, the poster read "Circus Chroma" in bold letters with the images of wild animals that he was not unfamiliar with in his travels.

"Intriguing," he thought as his fingers found what the they were looking for and they retrived a silver lighter with engravings upon it, "Circus Chroma... will you be there old friend? Or will this trip be in vain?"

The mercenary lit his cigar with the spark of his lighter and countinues down the street to the direction that poster pointed, a gentle mist of smoke escaping his lip.
"When a body is used by another, it can be called nothing but a puppet. This one has served its purpose, and it is useless."

Postby TheLivingCouch » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:00 am

-Green Tent: “Waning Glimmers”-

So, Theo had decided to tag along after all. Alimbur wasn’t quite sure whether to be intrigued or annoyed at the predicament. At the very least she could use the opportunity to teach Theo a thing or two about uncovering a story. She let him catch up so she could get a few words in without having to shout. “Don’t you get it Theo?” Alimbur began, knowing full well he hadn’t the slightest. “We’re following him because where the guards go, they young prince goes.” She gave a moment to let it sink in. “You’re probably thinking that the prince is at the big show, hmm?” The reporter smiled. “You might just be right, but, if a guard happens to be where the prince is not wouldn’t that strike you as just a little suspicious?” It certainly struck her as such, irresistibly so. There was no way one of the guards would stray more than three feet from the prince, much less half way across the circus. Either someone was very lost or something very odd was going on here. Alimbur was determined to find out which. As she approached the tent Alimbur signaled for Theo to pipe down and shut his trap before pulling away again.

Inside she could see a fat old woman counting money aside a crystal ball. She fit the fortune tell part rather well even if the look of her made Alimbur want to wince. Unfortunately the guard she had spotted from so high above had moved on. “Mort be damned! If only I’d gotten here a little sooner.” She inwardly cursed herself. There was still the fortune teller however. She should have seen something. It was iffy that she would talk but it was possible, barring the money she was counting wasn’t hush money, or she was in on whatever might be going on, or just had a loathing of nosey people poking around, all three, or Mort knew what else. Without a second thought she stepped forward into the light. “Sorry to intrude, but I’m not here to get my fortune told.” She said apologetically. “I’m actually looking for someone. I was hoping you could help. He was here only a few minutes ago, a member of the royal guard actually, shiny copper armor, hard to miss. You didn’t happen to see which way he went did you?”

Postby Asmodai » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:28 pm

Serenity - With Leon Borren

As if on cue, her stomach let out a loud rumble. "Heh, I'm not picky. I'll have what you're having." Icilee ice cream did sound nice, she never had that before. And wasn't a journey like this all about experiencing new things? Even small things like a simple ice cream?

While walking she tried to get a better image of the strange man. He was energetic and quirky and there was a flair of mystery around him that seemed a bit intoxicating, but getting a solid feeling on him seemed difficult. After all, it was a bit suspicious that he simply picked her off the streets and informed her of a possible murder on the emperors son, without even questioning who she was. "It sounds like you've been walking quite the interesting path. And now a possible kidnapping murder plot. Do you just seek out these things, or do you attract them?" Serenity turned around and started walking backwards, it was a bit easier talking like this. She still moved unhindered, as if she had been doing this her entire life. "And whats up with the mask? Is a girl like me going to have to ask you to take it off, or is there a reason to why you're wearing it?" She looked him into his one eye, such a vivid color.
Mephobiac

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:21 am

{Leon Borren}

_Big Top_ Start wearing Purple

With that said, Leon purchased two ice creams, strawberry ice cream on cones of all things. As he handed one of the ice cream cones to Serenity, he read her mind, just like that. Though very brief, it confirmed a lot thoughts he had about her and he was impressed by the amount of questions she had about him. " Now, I just want to say, I'm not joking about the situation. It might get dangerous." Leon mentioned as he wanted it to be clear this wasn't a ploy or something of that nature. " Now I know, you're not from here, due to your choice of clothing. I think that its Xephamor fabric, if I'm not correct." He said, voicing his observations about Serenity. " Now since you don't appear to have any weapon, are you a monk by any chance?" He questioned, but he knew the answer, he just prefer to pretend he didn't.

" And to answer, your question, its both. Adventure, either finds me or I find it." Leon said answering her first question as that was the kind of man he was. After all, Leon was an adventurer and it was nice to see, a fellow adventurer, exploring the world. " The mask? Oh yes, the mask. Well I'm on the newspaper and I don't want people to recognize me so that I can enjoy the carnival." He answered truly about the mask situation. " Apparently, if you survive a crash, and defeat a pirate captain, you get on one. Must of been a slow news day."

Suddenly Leon took off his mask and tucked it under his armpit. His hair was a dark brown and slicked back, his eyes were a lapis blue, and he had three scars across his face. " Well since, I have ice cream, and I don't know how to eat ice cream with a mask, I'm going to have to take it off." Leon said, with a grin. He then, takes a lick of the strawberry ice cream and strolls over to the entrance to the big and colorful tent. " Shall we go in and have a look or do we go our separate ways?" He asked, as he wanted to be sure, Serenity wanted to be apart of this.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Asmodai » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:52 am

Serenity

Serenity gave a small applause, it was rather difficult to do that when holding a ice cream cone after all. "Very impressive, you've guessed correctly twice. I'm from a monastery in southern Xephamor. I'm a Terratim monk." Perhaps it was a bit too correct. Who, in this day and age, knew about the Xephamor monks? Let alone spot one just on sight? It might have made sense if this was maybe a hundred years ago, back when the monks were still employed by the nobles as advisers. But technology had made their position obsolete and they soon turned into a dying breed. Then again, who was she to judge a person just because he was world wise?

Or maybe I'm just being paranoid. She thought while enjoying the ice cream. When Leon did finally take off his mask, she was surprised to see that he actually had blue eyes, much like hers only a slightly darker shade. And of course the three slash scars running across his face, clearly from an animal attack. If she had to guess, she'd probably say by a bear. It gave him a rough edge that wasn't completely unattractive. "See, you shouldn't hide such a pretty face behind such a silly mask." She said with a coy smile. "Of course I'm coming with you, we have a kidnapping plot to stop!" Making it sound as if they were just kids, pretending to play heroes.
Mephobiac

Postby Lionheart » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:25 am

[Lothering]

The streets became more crowded as the cobblestone clapped under the heels of the mercenary whose stroll down the way had been pointed to him by a bright poster back in the Market District. Around him the buildings were changing as he went, they no longer resembled the smoged workshops of artisans and guildhalls of prominant merchants but rather were vine covered residental housings for the middle class, the people crowding around him changed as well, these people did not have the attire of plump merchants or grease stained servants fetching goods for their masters but rather were of the noble class with ladies in their frilly tight dresses and the gallant gentlemen with top hats.

"Pansys," was all the Merc thought to himself as a couple beside him shyed away at the sight of a Gob-kin skull dangling from his belt whose face even in death gave a fanged grin.

Lothering rested his hand lightly on the pommel of his blade, the three purple Rapture feathers dangling from the hilt swayed easily in the breeze, his gaze was always watching for any sign of danger in the crowd around him as his teeth nudged his cigar around in his mouth. In the distance the colorful high topped tents could be seen in the Park district beyond the buildings.

"It would not be long now," thought Lothering as he proceeded down the was past an ice cream stand where two youths ate their treats.

----------------------------------------------------

[Lothering]

The buildings had disappeared entirely now as the mercenary passed through cast iron gates into the park, the people around him passed with leasure to and from the circus their minds on other things as they smiled and greeted him without thought to who or what he was. Above him balloons and airships alike flew with bright ribbons attached to their sterns, on the ground and all around the path the cheery faces of acrobats and clowns swirled as they preformed about the crowd with their firebreathing and magical acts that were hardly such a things for those who have trully seen the havoc of magic. Lothering's eyes caught a group of stand off clowns jeered as they made their obnoxious faces at the scowling mercenary who growled in response.

"Bloody Clowns.. still creepy as ever," thought the mercenary as he turned his head to the path ahead, still watching the crowd with a shifting gaze.

"If it isnt Lothering the Crow, still not in his grave yet it seems," came a voice a few feet from behind the mercenary.

A stout man, a few inches shorter than Lothering, came up beside him. His coarse hair was cut short in a fashion most common amonst professional soldiers of Rathya, his body was incased within a plate of steel armor with greaves gripping to his thighs and a steel longsword swinging at his side. The man was the obivious sort you'd expect to be working for the Mekian Guard with the military build he had but the herald on his chest and color of his tunic said otherwise, as well as the two ice creams melting in his sausage fingers.

"Horris," said Lothering, nodding to him with a glance, "This isnt your normal workplace, as much an actor as you are."

"I could say the same for you, ya old rot worm," sneered Horris.

Lothering gave the man a gaze of familiarity mixed with some resentment, "I see you have new armor, work must be treating you well for once."

"Aye, that it is, after our last little excursion together in Icilee I was a bit tired of having our employers trying to kill us so I decided to settle down a bit, get me a stable job, even thinking on having some plump lass to call a wife and openin' a tavern called 'The Sellsword'."

"Not a bad thought, expecially not coming from that peanut that's your brain Horris, so what exactly do you do? Circus guard, professional clown, or icecream carrier?" said Lothering chiddingly motioning slightly to the ice cream that dripped in his hands.

Horris gave a snorted laugh, "You wish, but no, me and Joanas were hired as personal bodyguards by a prominant goods merchant here in Meka, the ice cream is for his kids, such nice little chitlins."

"Sounds wonderful, I'm envious," replied Lothering not showing any of what he said facially, "At least now you can afford to bayth more then twice a year."

"Don't remind me," grumbled the mercenary, "So what are you doin' here exactly? Seeing some extravigant lover perhaps?"

"No. You know well enough that I dont dabble in that sort of thing."

"I do quite well remember that Warrior Preistess having the hots for you during our escipade in Faelee, wasn't her name Danielle?" Horris retorted before pointing on cone out to the strange curved dagger at Lothering's side, "I do remember that being hers before she gave it to you, and you know how they are about those."

He didnt respond for a long while as they both proceeded deeper into the circus grounds heading towards the main tent which was the epicenter of the madness that was the circus, finally Horris sighed and looked down at his feet like a shamed puppy, "I'm sorry Lother.. I know it was hard for you to leave there like we did, but we had business to do, and its not like she is going anywhere expecially not with what she said when we departed."

Lothering mouthed something for a moment at the last words that Horris said before coming to solome reality and regaining composure, "Thats not the point Horris... but apology accepted, I dont expect your peabrain to know what its doing anyway," sneered Lothering but still with some hollow emotions in his eyes.

"Ah well then, come on, you can come sit with me and my boss," smiled the mercenary motioning into the main tent, "Joanas will be thrilled to see that something with a bigger head then you hasnt killed you yet."

"Lead the way then old friend and dont make enemies for along the way," sighed Lothering. He wasnt sure what it was, but something wasnt right here in Meka; everything was far too perfect and far too cheery for his instinct's liking, but with Horris and Joanas here he had something standing next to him against what exactly that troubling feeling was. It was probaly those clowns thought, damn creepy ass clowns.

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:57 pm

{Leon Borren}

_Street {Last Night}_ Several Moves, all illegal in Chess and Checkers_

" Its a fine name, Leaden." Leon remarked with a friendly smile. "And from now on, you work for me." He declared as if he was a sealing a deal with Leaden. " My engineering associate behind me, is your boss." Leon went on to mention as he gestured over to Nitori for Leaden. " And you two, will be working on a few projects for me, the Sky Runner, Peter Panic, Madam Mayhem and the Foghorn Nightingale. You'll also be developing some personal weaponry for me and yourselves." He told them, only informing them the project titles. Leon was in the open, he had no choice to be vague. " Everything will be explained, once you gathered all your things and move to one of my factories, Leaden."

Leon moved closer to Leaden and put an arm around him. " Just to be clear, if you're good as you say you are, and I want the best to work for me, that means, you'll work for me. " Leon explained as he didn't want Leaden to have any confusion. " Now, I can understand if you want to refuse. However, you did mention some people want you dead and that you have nothing to your name." He reminded, Leadon in that playful tone of his. " Live a life of thievery and fear or Work for me, doing what you love, protected, and get back what was taken away."

" See that's why, I made the decision for you, because the first is stupid. So your welcome and thank you, Leaden. " Leon suddenly said as he patted Leadon on the shoulder. " And about the "Simon" thing, I don't need help for that. I'll either eventually find him or he'll find me, that is how it is in this world." He mention, making air quotes about the man, calls himself "Simon".

_Carnival_

" It's not impressive as you may think." Leon remarked, he then took another lick of his ice cream. " Some can move mountains, be masters of the elements, find whatever they desire whenever they want, stop time, speak to your mind, or understand everything and master all of it." He went on to say, forming a devilish grin. " So what did the monastery teach you?" He suddenly asked, in an attempt to change the subject and out of curiosity. "Something very interesting, I imagine, since you appear to be unarmed." He added as from what he could tell, she didn't seem to have any weapon.

" Oh no, I hope you don't get the wrong impression. I am quite proud of my scars, they serve as a reminder to enjoy life to the fullest with friends and family." Leon mentioned with pride as he held his ice cream cone high in the air. When Serenity still agreed to accompany Leon, he laughed and said " Let's go for adventure." As they approached the entrance to the big top, Leon then stepped aside and said " Ladies first." like a gentlemen, finally entering the Big Top, for all its amazement and horrors.
More Robots

Postby Asmodai » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:57 pm

Serenity

The mentioning of magic perked her ears, not to mention the assumption that just because she was unarmed, she would know some sort of magic. It made her wonder, maybe he wasn't that worldly, maybe he had a way to know who she was. A mind reader? Those existed, right? She wasn't that well versed in types of magic. "Well, I was taught a great deal of things. It's really hard to explain though, since it's more a way of life. Compassion, moderation and humility, helping those in need. Achieving an inner peace by learning everything there is about you. Action through non-action. And of course to fill life with as much joy as possible... It's a pretty long list." Serenity smiled and stared a little off in the distance, it felt nice to list such things, it made her think back at the people she left at the monastery. She omitted the Stoneskin skill though, it was probably better to keep that a surprise in case things went bad. "As for why I'm unarmed? Well, let's just say that not all weapons need to be human made." She flexed her arms, nearly dropping the ice cream, in an attempt to show Leon she could hold her own.

It was nice to see that the man wasn't ashamed of his scars. Scars held stories, life lessons, it would be a shame if you were to ignore those. "That's a healthy mindset you got there. And quite honestly? The scars suit you, I like my men with a good backstory." She gave Leon another coy smile, that could even be interpreted as flirtatious, as they approached the entrance of the tent. He let her go inside first "And here they said chivalry was dead." She said half laughing as she entered the tent.

The place was packed with all kinds of people, men, women, children, all bustling about having a good time. A pair of children playing tag ran past Serenity, who she quickly brushed over their head as they raced by. How on earth were they going to stop any kind of assassination plot here? Heh, maybe it was just a ruse to get her to go with him after all.
Mephobiac

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:29 am

{Leon Borren}

_Circus_ Big Top_

" Its truly a shame that monks are dying out." Leon remarked as he sat down on the chairs that the provided, listening to Serenity's summary of her life as a monk. Short and to the point, Leon had to admit, he liked that. " A lot people nowadays should learn or should I say relearn such principles." He added as he took a glance at the emperor's son from a distance, an obvious candidate for such lectures. Leon smiled at her display, and commented " This is true, a body can be a weapon with the right training."

" However, I prefer to use guns and knives or whatever I can get my hands on. " Leon mentioned, telling Serenity his tactics on confronting adversities, leaving out his Psychic powers. Simply, because he wanted to see if she would figure it out for herself. Leon was always for people coming to their own conclusions." Then, well, the enemy better hope I get bored or tried." He went on to say, trying, real hard not to boast or go overboard.

" A healthy mindset, you say? A lot of people, including a certain news reporter, would like to disagree with you." Leon remarked with a chuckle. " Just its always fun playing the madman." He added " Now me, and I like my women, strong and courageous. To tell me off or kick my ass, I don't care, which." He said with a smirk to Serenity.
More Robots

Postby Lionheart » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:20 am

[Lothering]

Always watchful, always calculating with a cold tinge. Lothering's golden eyes surveyed the crowds around him, not betraying his compsure to prying eyes, for the signs of an immenent danger that might warrant his action. Registering and dismissing; his brain processed all he saw like an assembly line, taking in every detail and discarding the useless information. The pure mass of people still worried him deeply, even more so the shady figures within the crowd that he could not see the intention of throughly. Horris could sense Lothering's tension himself and turned his head slightly as they walked to mutter, "You're on edge."

"Is it that obvious?" replied Lothering without showing suprise to the friends remark.

"No, after all these years I just know that impartial look of yours--- Is it 'Them'?"

"We have come across many 'Them's in the past, be more specific."

"You know exactly which 'Them' I'm talking about." hissed the mercenary as thou uttering a forbidden spell.

Lothering was quiet for a long moment, still searching the crowds around him for some hidden answer within the throngs of people moving about, but it was still obvious that he was in deep thought.

"I dont know," he finally said as they approached the acentsion in the stands, "Something about this place just doesnt seem right to me."

"Just warn me before someone shoots at me," replied Horris ascending the stairs and motioning Lothering to follow.

The two men moved past the people in the stands till they almost where at the top overlooking the center ring where a few people sat in the shadows of the tent. Something quick moved in Lothering's periferial vision causing him to turn just in time as someone barreled into him with the full force of their body in a sort of tackle. The hardened man felt the air get knocked out of him but just digging his heels in time as to not tumble all the way back down the stands.

A cheery voice spoke from down at his waist, "Lothering!"

Lothering had known who it was long before they spoke and wheezed an answer, "Tori... is this how you are always going to greet me?"

Tori pulled back from the tackle and looked up at Lothering with a cheesy grin. The young sportish women that stood infront of him was only 8 years his junior as well as only up to his chest in height but had large amount of strength to make up for her small stature. Her hair was a smooth, amber hue of brown that had been tied back into a ponytail to keep it from covering her stormy blue eyes. She wore a tunic simular to the one that Horris wore but with a coat of chainmail underneath rather then plate, on the belt at her waist was an arrangement of throwing knives and daggers as well as a small kit with her 'door-opening' equipment.

Lothering couldnt help but smile with some weak signs of genuine warmth back before returning to his stern composure. His eyes looked up from her to the mercenary who was slowly edgeing away from him, "I knew there was something you werent telling me you old sod, so much for just you and Joanas."

"Oh well you kno-" started Horris before being cut off by yet another voice from further up the stands, "Isnt this just the most heartfelt reunion without me,"

The trio looked over to see a man come out of the shadows where he had been watching them. He was the youngest of them, looking no older then 18. His thin lips were curves into a devilish smirk as he folded his arms across the leather armor that bore the same crest as the other two mercenaries. Across his back was a Longrifle, a well kept piece of gunpowder technology that could take the hat off a noble from across a battlefield given a good enough marksmen to use it, along with it where multiple handgun in holsters at his side.

"It'd never be a party with out you Joanas," replied Lothering.

"Better hope not, good to see you are still alive."

Previous

Return to Role Playing