X-Men, Age of Apocalypse: OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: The X-Institute 2: OOC

Postby Belwicket » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:40 pm

I'll finish my CS as soon as I meet up with my friend, if she ever gets on skype.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Draken30000 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:20 pm

I turn around for a day and this shoots up to 13. Wow XD. I will be trying to finish up my CS soon.

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:21 pm

...Damn history, I'll just blow through it tomorrow then to finish it.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Imenak » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:24 pm

Posting this here since I didn't want there to be even more scrolling on the first page:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: James “Jimmy” Yang
Codename: Cable
Appearance: Unfortunately, a combination of growing up in a post-apocalyptic world and weathering many tragedies has drastically changed what young Jimmy would become. Cable stands at the intimidating stature of 6' 4”, having had a growth spurt of absurd proportions while he was growing up, as well as having built up a large amount of muscles to complement his new frame. His skin is darker than the pale, almost white, coloration it once had, and is marked with many scars from his frequent battles. Most significant of all is the one on his face, which is a large burn scar that serves as his constant reminder that no matter what you want to believe, not everyone can be saved. So heavy was the damage, some portions of it are even still healing, and his eye so damaged that he had to remove and replace it with a prosthetic. It, too, is a reminder of his failure, as it constantly glows and unnatural golden color. The aforementioned damage and living in this harsh reality has also prematurely aged him, causing him to look much older than he actually is. His trauma-induced white hair doesn't help that fact either.

Cable wears a fingerless glove on each hand, and a large, dark brown long jacket that extends slightly past his wrists for the sleeves, and almost touches the ground for the body. Underneath that, he wears and old and tattered X-Men uniform, form fitting, but thick and almost armor-like if it wasn't so worn out. His boots are similarly black and go with the uniform, but are similarly worse for wear. His belt is a faded, and chipped away yellow, and its buckle is emblazoned with a tell-tale X. Cable is usually armed with a single laser pistol, but frequently carries other sidearms, as well as a large pulse gun that he slings on his back.

Personality: Cable is as much of a fighter as he is world weary, and pessimistic. He never wants to stop fighting, in fear of tarnishing the reputation of those he has lost, but staunchly refuses to believe there is a bright tomorrow waiting somewhere on the horizon. He believes such thinking is ridiculously naïve, especially given humanity's circumstance. Nonetheless, he pretends to hold some measure of hope, so as to not discourage those who have come to see him as their leader. Although initially reluctant to take the role, he soon realized that he wouldn't be able to force his way out of it, with so many believing him to be the “last X-Man,” and thus one of the last few heroes in the world. Fortunately, Cable had some knack for leadership, taking cues from some leaders he knew personally. What would Kennedy do given his situation? Xavier? John? Koren? Hisui? With such a legacy to maintain, he always strives to do right by them.

In terms of personal interactions, it would be a tad inaccurate to just call him antisocial. However, it's very much the case that he doesn't like to talk much, especially with people. It's not so much that he dislikes them, but rather, he doesn't know what to say. He feels that much is expected of him as the leader of his resistance, and so he does his best not to disappoint their expectations. Nonetheless, he will readily speak when either 1) he is spoken to, or 2) he gives an order. This makes most people belief that he is serious and gruff, but a leader through-and-through.

History: Jimmy can't remember much of his younger days, especially now, and doesn't recall having ever met his biological parents. All he can remember is growing up in a research facility, and being used as a guinea pig in their experiments. He was not mistreated, fortunately, but he was used frequently to neutralize the abilities of those like him. Although he didn't understand what went on behind closed doors back then, as an adult, he can only imagine what horrible things were done to those who could no longer defend themselves. That was his life for many years, and he knew nothing else, and no on else. Isolation was his friend, and the researchers that took him to rooms nearby captured mutants were the closest thing he had to family.

Luckily, a daring and violent rescue of those mutants were made by the Brotherhood. They did their best to avoid outright killing any of the researchers, but they were more than happy to lay complete waste to the entire facility. They had captured and tortured his own, and such acts were unforgivable to Magneto. The master of the Brotherhood almost mistook young Jimmy as an ordinary boy to be left to fend for himself, when he suddenly realized what he was. He decided to take the child under his wing, and properly teach him what a mutant should be.

However, Kennedy Yang, a young and angry mutant that had only just recently joined the group, saw something in the boy that his comrades seemed to have overlooked. Complete innocence. There was no way that such a child could ever come to do what they did, hurting others for the sake of a dream. It was then that he realized that he had been foolish to ever join the Brotherhood. His anger at humans could not justify the horrible things they had done at the research facility, nor what they would do to Jimmy. Thus, even as Magneto attempted to train the boy in their ways, Kennedy undid those teachings, and began training himself to be able to use his powers around the boy.

Then, one day, using his unique ability, Kennedy fled with the boy to the X-Institute... the home he had once known, and forsaken. Although his welcoming party was initially hostile, Xavier and his brother, Kenji, spoke on his behalf. Plus, they could not turn him away after what he risked to save Jimmy. He was allowed to return, so long as he took it upon himself to take care of the child he had brought. Although reluctant at first, Kennedy learned to care for the boy, and eventually became his surrogate father. A real one. The kind that Jimmy was unfamiliar with, and never knew.

Life at the institute wasn't easy, but he took it one step at a time, with Kennedy helping him each step of the way. He managed to overcome his shyness bit by bit, and made many new friends. Many of them were, in fact, some of Kennedy's first students, including the likes of Zoey, Miranda, and Ani. It was an unfortunate twist of fate, then, when his new and happy life was torn from him. Seeking those with powers that could aid him, Magneto came and attacked the school, hurting many of his friends and utterly decimating the school. Following the assault, everyone's family had withdrawn their children from the school, leaving only the advanced class and those that had been adopted by members of the faculty.

When the advanced class decided to go rescue their lost compatriots, Jimmy attempted to tag along. However, he was refused for being too young. Unfortunately, staying at the mansion made him no safer. When the sudden psionic assault happened, he was completely unaware as he himself was immune to its effects. He only noticed the other orphaned mutants around him clutching their heads in pain. Luckily, that pain seemed to subside, no doubt protected by Professor Xavier. Then, suddenly, he heard the declaration of Mutant-Prime. It should have been impossible, but he could hear the voice very clearly in his head, and for someone that was completely unfamiliar with telepathy, it frightened Jimmy.

Following the message's end, it didn't take long for he and the other children to find Xavier's unconscious body. Unfortunately, no matter what they attempted, they could not rouse their mentor from his eternal sleep. Not knowing what else to do, and fearful of what humans would do to them or Xavier if they went to a hospital, the children brought him down to the secret HQ below the mansion. Luckily, Jimmy had been down there before. There, they put him into the infirmary, where a cool, feminine, robotic voice suddenly told them not to worry, for the Professor would be cared for. Strange, Jimmy could've sworn they never had an A.I. Nonetheless, and in spite of its name, the boy decided he could trust this “Danger.”

He and the other orphans then suddenly split. Some, like himself, wanted to leave the place, fearful of those would come to the grounds looking for them. Others wanted to stay, to protect their home and Xavier. Thus, Jimmy said goodbye to some of his friends, and left for parts unknown. Mainly, it was he, a boy named Artie Maddicks, and a girl named Ani Warren. Together, they lived as they would have lived had Xavier and the X-Men never saved them: on the run, hated, and scrounging for scraps. They learned, however, to get by, and matured quickly, so that the world wouldn't swallow them whole.

Then, just as things couldn't get any worse, the Sentinels attacked. The three had to run harder than ever, as all of their powers were acutely ineffective against the machines. They could not resist, nor could they rescue anyone from the mutant, and now human, killing machines. They, however, could only run so far and for only so long. When Ani was suddenly killed in a Sentinel attack, the two survivors realized this. They learned to fight, not because they wanted to, but because they had to.

Unfortunately, Artie perished in their first attempt at resistance, forcing Jimmy to carry on alone, and more cynical about hope than ever. But, in the stead of his two fallen friends, and all those he had lost, he became a proficient fighting machine. So successful was he, that people began to follow him, regardless of the fact that he did his best to ignore them. Before he knew it, he was leading a small band of resistance fighters. Although they believed that they were resisting the Sentinels, he was leading them in a resistance against something else entirely: death. (The rest of Cable's history is recounted in the introduction of the RP)

Powers: To most observers, Cable has no powers. This, unfortunately, makes people believe in him even more, for he has seemingly led them in survival without so much as even considering using his abilities. However, the truth is that he still retains the ability to negate any and all powers. In fact, this gift has extended to be able to negate more than just mutant abilities, and can also spread over a large distance. He can also dampen powers, rather than completely eliminate them. Also, time has granted him some control, allowing him to be able stop himself from negating anyone at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This, of course, is not to be considered an actual CS. It's reference material, really, and a way for me to explain where a few other characters have gone in the meantime.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Iris » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:10 pm

WIP Vast majority is complete, just wanted to get an opinion on how it looks like. May need to organize this cluster of words to make it less...painful on the eyes.

Name: Dominic Thompson
Alias: “Reverend”
Appearance:
Physical
The war has taken a toll on Dominic, time changes many things for good or ill but some things will never change. He has always been somewhat tall, standing at a height of 6”4 with short, mousy dirt-blond hair and muscular build . Though he is still relatively young, the worn look on his face gives off the vibe of a man that’s much older yet it’s not his build that draws the attention nor his somewhat outlandish choice of clothing, it’s his eyes. After the initial panic and chaos subsided, Dominic lost his eyes and left arm to an anti-mutant mob. They beat him to an inch of his life, there are still small scratch like scars across his face, arms, torso and legs.

His eyes and arm are cybernetic replacements using reversed engineered Sentinel remains. In particular his eyes are generally a strange ‘glowing’ blue when he is out of combat however during combat they switch to the Sentinel’s heartless yellow as some of its base programs are required to remain functional in order for Dominic to see the world.

His left arm’s appearance is shaped much like that of an ordinary human’s, same size and structure however it is naturally made from various metals, all of which have been coated in a black layer of water and scratch related paint. His knuckles are fitted with somewhat heavier plating’s allowing his punches to give that extra ‘oomph’ while his forearm is covered a smooth yet lined plating that hints that it can open for manual maintenance as well as to vent out hot after the firing sequence.

Underneath his skin there is a network of cables and other metal reinforcements that allow these cybernetic replacements to remain functional, they appear as dark veins that connect from his arm and head to his spinal column.

Clothing
Despite being a ‘freedom fighter’ Dominic’s clothing is rather perplexing to some, living up to his ‘codename’ Dom appears to be a priest of sorts, wearing rather formal grey buttoned shirts, clerical collar, a full black business suit and to top it off; a black Boss of the plains hat.

Personality: Dominic is a calm and often tries to find humor in his own misfortune. He prefers to keep on the cautious side of things, often keeping a weather-eye on things he believes act be potentially threatening to him or his group.

While he isn't one to preach about his beliefs, (in fact he states that he doesn't have one) he is one to give rather off-hand advice, willing to listen to the problems of others.

History, WIP:
So you want to know about me? Not much to say really, at least not about my younger years save for a couple small facts. Let’s start by getting the whole ‘Ha you’re adopted’ routine out of the way. Yeah that’s right never knew my real parents, never got much info out of the adoption centre, not since the whole place was blown to kingdom come but that’s a spoiler.... or is it more of a footnote in my past? Who knows.

I was adopted at the tender age of two years, by a family who always wanted a son but never really had much luck when it came to the.... right moment. Things are a bit fuzzy, after all, everything before the age I could speak was more or less me crying or something. The next major event was the birth of my brother; Henry, turned out dad wasn’t firing blanks after all. Me and Henry, man were we ever the tag-team, we did a number on both our parents and our teachers. I wasn’t much of a student, hated to sit around doing nothing while my bro loved that kind of stuff. Loved to read, learn and make. Course that did bring up some unfortunate problems later in life, you see turned out Henry was a mutant. Not one with fancy super powers that can turn the world upside down, at least not directly. He could reverse engineer anything man made, it started with a toaster, then to the oven, then to dad’s car.... boy I still remember the tone of his voice. Not about the fact that Henry was a mutant but that he messed up his car. That’s when things started getting interesting, Henry rebuilt the car, improved it, made it cheaper to use all at the age of 14! Everyone in the family could him a genius. Everyone at school called him a freak. Some tried to pick on him, try to beat his powers out of him, too bad I had a good right hook. Broke two jaws before the teachers could get me off the s.o.bs and decided to send me home to ‘cool off’.

Henry tried to apologize for being who and what he was, told him the same thing I now tell every mutant I help; ‘You’ve got a beating heart, you feel, you hurt. What difference does it make? I don’t share the same blood, I don’t share you’re powers but I do share a bond of family. I’ll look after you until your strong enough to stand on your own.’ Okay so that part about being family I don’t tell other mutants but you do get the point. I don’t care if you’re a ‘mutant’ or a ‘human’, in the end we’re all living beings.

Where was I six years ago? Huh, funny question. Six years ago I was a rookie working with the police department in down town Detroit, heh, ain’t that a cliché? Things were pretty crazy at the time, though I suppose compared to now, they were pretty mundane. Still, my job at the time was to keep the peace, try to prevent mobs from getting their hands on some unlucky mutant and try to stop some of the more... physically prepared mutant from doing something they’d regret. Anyway, at the time I was trying to keep an eye on a mob of mutant haters, keep ‘em from doing any damage to the streets and to anyone else, human or mutant. They came with signs, slogans, words and threats. I personally expected pitchforks and torches.

Things went to hell at that point, people began to die, humans, mutants, everyone and anyone practically was a target. When everything settled people blamed the mutants, anyone who was thought to be a mutant was beaten to death, I tried to stop them, tried to bring some control. Instead they turned on me, I honestly don’t remember much save from the pounding, when I woke up I learnt I had lost my eyes and my left arm. Admittedly I didn’t really care since the rest of me felt like I had been hit by a freight train. Still things got worse, mum and dad lost their lives when a mob came for my brother during the chaos, he got away. They didn’t. It broke him, it broke me as well but I couldn’t let him see that... though in retrospect I must’ve been lying to myself. I couldn’t see, I couldn’t move. Everything was taken from me. Everything but my brother and my life.

When I was stable they let me go home, what was left of it anyway, I didn’t really pay attention to the time, Henry had to help me with everything for the next few months. Told me that the government was trying make use of the Sentinels but it wasn’t going so well. The war came to our doorstep multiple times as mutants banded with the so called ‘Mutant-Prime’ but when a Sentinel crashed into our already smouldering backyard, Henry saw it as a blessing. Course the little git didn’t tell me straight up to avoid getting my hopes high. From what I can now tell, he began to use his power to understand how it worked, its weapons, its circuits, how it saw and how it understood. And when he learnt all that he could, he gave me a second chance. Gave me an arm to fight and to hold on to those I held dear, eyes to see the threat and to see the unknown future ahead of us. I don’t know how long I was on the operating table or how many close calls there were, judging by my brother’s silence there must’ve been too many for comfort.

It’s indescribable to explain the sheer amount of gratitude I felt for my younger brother, we had to endure a lot as I began to recover, I saw things in color but it never was quiet the same, I could see further and I could see at night but I also learnt that Henry had been changed, back when we were kids he despised the idea of fighting, the idea weapons. It’s why I fought for him, he didn’t dare raise him arms in protest, to fight for his own sake, he didn’t like the fact I fought for him but in the end he was happy.
But now, I saw that in my new arm was as much of a weapon as it was... well an arm. As it turned out, my little brother grew a spine after the loss of our parents, I’d have hugged him for standing up for his beliefs but with this new arm I’d probably have turned him into mush.

Needless to say it took me a while to get accustomed to having these eyes and a mechanical arm and while I recovered my brother explained to me what had happened, when the chaos settled many of the mutants in Detroit were hunted down, men, women and children, many died to the mobs before the government finally brought things under control. Henry helped the then budding pro-mutant resistance group not only for his survival but for mine, without them I wouldn’t have gotten back into the fight.

Years go by, can't tell you all the details, would take too long, you know? Gain friends and lost friends... some to the machines others.... well, sometimes even the ones you think can trust end up letting you down. That's how I lost my brother to the machines, things came from the heavens while we were resting in a safe-house, took him and left the rest of us 'humans' for dead. Lost many a good friends that night. I know that they took him and the others to one of their bases, took 'em for whatever reason machines do it for.

Been looking for him ever since.

I ain't a praying man and I don't really believe in a deity, don't know if the great one is insulted by my habits or by my dress. Who knows I'll ask him someday, find out if we're some kind of plaything to him... or them I guess. Still I ain't a praying man but I hope and pray that my brother's still alive out there. Alive to see me put a bullet in the head machine's circuit.

Abilities:
Mechanical
Enhanced Vision: Due to his cybernetic replacements, Dominic is able to see further than most and is able to see relatively well in the dark.

Weapon arm: Aside from enhancing the grip/crushing-strength of his left arm, Dominic has a heavily modified sentinel energy canon. While not devastating as its large cousin, the canon is energy efficient and can penetrate in close quarters. Rule of thumb is; the further the target, the less lethal it is.
It has a small charge up time before it can be fire and Dominic has too keep a wary eye on the fact that once it’s own energy is out, he may accidently use all of his energy in the chaos, cutting off the power supply t his eyes.

Human abilities
Trained brawler: A former cop, Dominic is knowledgeable in a variety of takedown techniques and submission holds. He also never shied away from delivering a beat down to anyone who picked on his brother or any other mutant that was in need, though his help was not always appreciated.

Enforcer: Dominic is adept at wielding pistols and other fire-arms though to a lesser degree.

Other:
Above all else, Dominic has the natural fear that somehow someone will hack his eyes and force him to unwittingly betray his allies, a fear so great he requested that a killswitch command was to be programmed into his eyes so if the event were to occur, he’d be able to shut them off.

Writing Sample: Example

Themes: Time will remember us
United we stand, Divided we fall
Last edited by Iris on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Aneri » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:37 pm

Name: Azunka Naeme

Codename: Mishap

Appearance: Azunka started out with long blonde hair and a cheerful disposition. She started out sunny, happy, and completely intact, which blue eyes that practically shone with hope. She started out eager and dressed like a typical 16 year old, lover of dresses and sandals and smiling.

Azunka ended up with short black hair that curls gently curls around her jaw line and a look that conveys the cautious and fragile trust she gives others. She's missing two fingers, the pinky and ring fingers of her left hand stop shortly after the knuckle. Below her right eye is a scar that stretches from the outside corner of the eye to her ear. Her nose shows signs of having been broken more than once, and though it's been reset there's a slight irregularity to the curve of it. Dresses and sandals are things she doesn't even consider anymore. Her wardrobe revolves around baggy clothes, cargo pants, hoodies and layering of shirts and tank tops. Though most of her is almost always covered, the glimpses of her back reveal even more scars, and her right upper arm has a very deliberate looking scar of an X that stretches from the top of the shoulder to the elbow. She carries everything she needs on her person, be it her cargo pants or in her bra, homemade inside pockets on her jackets or in her shoes, usually the high converse that always seem to be worse for wear. She'll frequently have a book with her, most of the time a manual on machinery or a small pocket textbook on architecture or how everyday items function, and she'll take it out and read from it every chance she gets, frequently scribbling on the side of the page. In the same pocket or pouch, she'll carry reading glasses that are slightly too big for her face, stretched out by the previous owner. The one thing she always wears is a brown bracelet with a glass bead and something green that's too old and faded to make out completely.

She shows the benefits of intense physical training. No longer slender and small, her muscles are toned and her arms and legs visibly built. She looks agile, sprightly, and ready. Her limbs have somehow escaped the onslaught of serious injuries and they have barely any scars. She slouches to a height of 5' 1”, but stands up straight to be 5' 5”. She still smiles, and still has some source of unshakeable, unwavering hope in the world.

Throughout the six years, Azunka shifted to her new style of clothing almost immediately after Master Mold became the power that is responsible for the state of the world. She kept her hair blonde and long, sloppily and unevenly cut, until a few months before the start of this RP.

Personality:
Azunka used to push all of her cares away until she could smile in her seemingly ignorant bliss and not have to deal with everything the world throws at her. She used to never have doubts about anything until she joined the X-Men. She used to second-guess herself and mutter and try to crack jokes and hide behind a laugh when she was unsure of what to say or do, which was a very large portion of the time. She used to blush and giggle and be coy and embarrassed when her hand grazed another. She used to have a firm foundation of seeing things as good or bad, and ignoring gray areas that would make life complicated.

Now Azunka is determined to not forget or push away anything that has happened to her. She's learned to deal with and accept her past, her powers, and, most importantly, her present. She weighs decisions carefully and will answer direct questions only after thinking it over in her mind, even if the answer seems fairly obvious. She knows she's not a very strategic person, nor is she a quick learner or exceptionally intelligent – but she surrounds herself with people who compensate her shortcomings and refers to them as needed. Once she has arrived at a decision, she sticks to it until she's convinced otherwise, and she's motivated and willing to learn if given the proper time. She's intense and confident, and if she doesn't know what to say she merely requests a minute to think things over before responding firmly. When she feels overwhelmed, she goes off and makes sure she's alone before dealing with it in whatever way she can until she's ready to be strong once more. She doesn't blush or giggle or act coy anymore, but she'll always have a very lame joke to tell. Probably a pun. She's accepted that life is complicated, and she's decided to make some aspects of it simple: find something to smile about, every day, and share it. Friends are the most important thing to her, and though she's very very slow to fully trust people after everything that happened, she'll do absolutely anything for you If she sees you as a friend.

History:
These six years have not been kind. After the battle at the institute, Azunka wasn't sure she wanted to be an X-Man. She wasn't sure she even wanted to be around mutants, and she definitely wasn't thinking about how she messed up during the fight and how she would blame herself for the kidnapping of one of her friends. In the end her sense of friendship and her growing distrust of her parents pushed her to return to the school, just in time to join the battle in Genosha. In the aftermath of their defeat, Azunka, believing her classmates and friends to have died or been killed, fled to her parent's house. She suppressed her powers and pretended like she was a normal human being, fearful that if her parents were to find out she was a mutant, they'd turn her in to the government. She spent 8 months in her old bedroom, being an introvert out of fear of anyone recognizing her. She'd ask for books from the library, textbooks on probability, and work through them in her room, stopping only for basic necessities and to exercise. She did not want to lose the physical training she had been doing at school, and studying what her powers manipulated very quickly made it much easier to control them.

However she could not stand her parents' disapproving remarks about the mutant problem for long. Wrestling with survivor's guilt, she finally snapped and revealed to them that she is part of this problem they hate so much. They listened to her in silence, and told her that they would not turn her in, but she also could not stay with them. Azunka packed her things furiously and left, at first thinking about taking the train back to NYC, but once she remembered that she'd be so close in proximity to the school where she felt responsible for letting down her friends when they needed her, she took a train the other way and went to Philadelphia instead. She stayed at homeless shelters and did whatever odd job she could find, assuming they didn't care that she was still 17 and would not get her parents' permission. Once she turned 18, she was able to support herself better and sustain a more steady income, moving into an apartment for the brief months before the Sentinel program backfired catastrophically.

She spent the first half year of the oppression at the hands of the machines underground in Philadelphia, only emerging to exchange the book she was currently reading. Having reached a point where she felt confident about her grasp of probability as it refers to her powers, she set on learning about physics and machines, a task that took a very long time, so that she can better analyze and understand how to most effectively use her powers for what she wants. She slowly began to form a group of people, humans and mutants alike, who were hiding out just like her. She cautiously rose to a leadership position after she used her powers to successfully save her party from detection on numerous occasions, and proved herself to know the city quite well. She gathered and started the Philadelphia resistance movement, starting with small numbers at first but rapidly growing as smaller nearby towns heard of it. People would commute to the city, risking their lives for a chance of a safer haven, and for two and a half years, Azunka provided them with what they asked for and led them in offenses against the Sentinels outside of the city limits to continuously keep them from looking harder at the city center. She claimed the old Ethical Society building, or more appropriately its very well-concealed cellar, as the meeting ground for the resistance, scheduling monthly meetings where new people could be welcomed and new plans formed. She made sure that locations of safe houses were only known to a handful of people, and no one person ever knew the location of all of them. She continued her studies, making slow and steady progress, and increased her physical training with the help of her fellow resistance fighters. She gave her name to everyone but those closest to her in importance to the movement as Mishap, and was frequently referred to and known as the leader of the Shadowdancers (the name she suggested to the Philly resistance movement).

Azunka visited her parent's house twice. Once when Master Mold first began to show signs of danger. Whens he got there she found their house in ruins, the neighborhood an obvious target of a mutant attack. Her parents were nowehere to be found. The second time was two years ago, when she went back to check for any signs of life or change in the ruins. She paid for her concern and curiosity as she was captured on her second visit by a chance patrol of Sentinels. She was regarded as missing or dead by everyone in Philadelphia, and she only re-emerged a week ago, identifying herself as Mishap and proving herself with a demonstration of her powers. She had been back in Philly for a month, going by the name of Zee and using various techniques to cover up her true identity. She has made it clear that, as the Shadowdancers are doing fine without her for now, she will not be picking up her old title, and wants to take it slow for a while before shouldering responsibility for other people's lives again.

Powers:
Simply put, Azunka's powers are bad luck.

More elaborately put, she alters the probability of a negative effect happening, and increases it to 100%. For example, a gear in a machine breaks that causes the machine to stop working. A support beam collapses and the building follows. Someone who tries to jump over a puddle instead trips over themselves and lands on their face. She uses her powers to quickly gain control of her surroundings and backfire any devices the enemy might be using. She is very capable of controlling her powers and making even very improbably things happen. She does not need to touch something to affect it, and she can suppress her powers well enough to not worry about accidentally setting them off anymore.

Aside from terrain and situation control, Azunka has trained herself to be able to use her powers while fighting. She has been able to deal with opponents much larger and stronger than she is by giving them just the right amount of bad luck to miss a shot or give her an opening, while still concentrating on the fight. She never carries any weapons, preferring to subdue people and take them alive than cause serious harm or injury. Her scars and missing fingers show that her opponents don't always share her philosophy.

Other:
Though she can suppress it, Azunka's power can make her hands and the object they're affecting glow a pale yellow. Particularly useful to make sure you're targeting the right gear.
She will periodically vanish and visit places of importance to her to help keep her focus. Her parent's house being one of them, her first apartment in the city, a park right outside of the resistance fighters meeting place, and the train station she came into the city from.
She's absolutely horrible at driving anything. Car, van, go-kart, bicycle, tractor, fork lift, anything. And she's also a terrible passenger. She really misses trains.
In her brief stint of living alone, she began to swing dance and found it very calming and useful. She still likes to dance whenever she finds someone who knows how to do the lindy hop. That is how she knew of the building and perfect cellar – it used to hold swing dance events before the war devastated everything in the city.
Azunka will speak in the yellow color used in the CS (FFFF40).
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Imenak » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Nothing's wrong with your CS Iris, although we may have to moderate the strength of the arm.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Geomancer » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:35 pm

I'll get my character done tomorrow.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Cascade » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:08 pm

Man, hearing you say don't pay attention to Latveria has the opposite effect on me. XD
FUKKATSU

Postby Imenak » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:10 pm

It's ok to work it into your history somehow, like Silver did. You just have to clear it with me, and make sure it's not something like "KOREN OVERTHREW DR. DOOM AND BECAME THE NEW MONARCH."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Cascade » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:11 pm

Even without a supercomputer brain Doom's intellect far outstrips Koren's lol. Also he is good at everything.
FUKKATSU

Postby Imenak » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Such is the power of Doom.
My Characters' Endings

Postby Akaine » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:26 pm

I actually have to read all those words on the front page now lol I have the perfect music for this~
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Fellguarde » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:32 pm

Doom actually has the immensely powerful ability to retroactively alter reality, weaving apparent mishaps and other events into his increasingly convoluted keikaku doori.

Incidentally, from what I can tell, Koren would be about seventh or eighth on the Marvel smartometer. His powerset gives him around the same capabilities as Amadeus Cho, but he generally seems more level-headed than that little dickhead, putting him marginally ahead.

I guess since Reed or Banner or whoever may have bitten the dust, he could be further down the list.

Postby Imenak » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:37 pm

And you can never defeat Doom. Only his Doombots. Or if you're Squirrel Girl.

Reed is dead, and so is Banner, in a manner of speaking. Needless to say, DOOM IS PLEASED.
My Characters' Endings

Postby Zako » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Still working on my CS. I sent you a PM Imenak.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby sam4books » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:47 pm

And apparently Ben is dead too.

And he was my favorite Fantastic Four character :(
Last edited by sam4books on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Cascade » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Imenak wrote:And you can never defeat Doom. Only his Doombots. Or if you're Squirrel Girl.

Reed is dead, and so is Banner, in a manner of speaking. Needless to say, DOOM IS PLEASED.

Doom should be all angsty now though cause his only equal is dead.
FUKKATSU

Postby Imenak » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:13 pm

More NPC reference material:

Name: Sanjit Hayes
Codename: Citadel
Appearance: Sanjit, surprisingly, hasn't changed much from six years ago. He is a young man of mixed heritage, having an Indian mother and an English father. Though his overall facial characteristics are that of a handsome looking Caucasian male, his darker skin tone and black hair reflect his mother’s Indian heritage. His eyes are a unique amber color, which can not be readily explained by his genes, or some kind of mutation. His hair is generally kept short, and usually stands straight up on its own, extending to about an inch or so. He hasn't grown from his height of 5’ 11”, and is still as incredibly muscular as he used to be, if not more so. After all, he had once did it to stay fit, but now he does so to stay alive. Though, that’s not to say he’s bulky, even if his built is readily evident with almost anything he wears.

To this day, he still wears the old uniform of Durandal, which is a form fitting black uniform with red highlights, even if it has become increasingly more damaged and tattered. He does, at least, regularly wear jackets over them, or whatever he can salvage from the destroyed clothing stores he often passes. Much like most of his family who carry the mutant gene, his eyes glow a violet-pink when using his powers.

Personality: Sanjit, as if in tune with his appearance, has miraculously not changed much these six years. He still loves puns, he still loves to make those puns and crack other inappropriate jokes at any opportune time, and he still rarely thinks about his actions. He has also managed to keep a rare level of optimism and idealism that many people lost over the course of the war. In fact, it rubs some people the wrong way with how little tragedies seem to affect him. Every once in awhile, however, when is alone, he can be caught mournfully staring into the distance. Once he notices someone is nearby, he is quick to turn back to his “usual” self. Those who have seen this, rightfully believe Sanjit is “stuck.” He's stuck in the past, possibly unable or afraid to move on and accept the reality of the world's state. The fact that he still wears his old uniform only emphasizes that.

History: When Sanjit went alongside his friends and allies to attack Genosha, he firmly believed everything was going to turn out alright. Sure, the odds were significantly stacked against them, but they were the good guys! When do they ever lose? His naïve idealism made him wholly unprepared for not only their loss, but the complete destruction of his world. Everything he knew and thought he had known crumbled around him. Even though his first instinct was to fight when Mutant-Prime rose, he fled.

Miraculously, he found his way back to northeastern U.S.A., although it took a great deal of mindless wandering. He wasn't very good with maps, and him being a mutant on the run made asking for directions rather difficult. Luckily, he managed to link up with a local resistance group, who were more than happy to include him in their ranks. Imagine his surprise and relief when he met their leader... it was none other than John “Pyro” Allerdyce. He had been his leader once before, so it was no problem for him to fall in line again.

Then, acting as if it was like old times, and entirely to John's dismay, he began to start again with his terrible jokes and horribly lame puns. It didn't help that the resistance had practically named themselves after Pyro, causing even more fire-related puns (“We're sure burning with passion, huh?” “I see you're still a bit... hot-headed. Eh? Eh?” *nudge*). At first, they only produced groans, expressions of exasperation, and even irritation from his fellow fighters. Eventually, however, they came to appreciate the small moments of brevity. Everything was always difficult and desperate, but Sanjit's ridiculous attitude occasionally kept their spirits up... or annoyed them enough to make them forget about the end of the world.

Powers: Sanjit has an immense amount of super-strength, as well as increased durability. He could easily lift a car, or several, and toss them every which way at his opponent. In fact, he regularly topples Sentinels when they actually land. However, this is offset by the fact that prolonged exertion of his powers causes his energy to drain very quickly, sometimes putting him to sleep right on the battlefield.
My Characters' Endings

Postby BobSagat » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:22 am

viewtopic.php?p=3178528#p3178528

My CS.

A few notes:
It's incomplete, I want to write an excerpt of Tag's shitty life as my writing sample.

I probably went through twenty different kinds of telepath and telekinesis before I finally ended up where I am now.

I need a good starting city, recommendations?

To go along with the above, I'd like it if some experienced mutant has picked up Tag. Whether to make use of her or re-humanize her, I don't care. This is a character that needs a guiding force.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Imenak » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:29 am

If you're going for one of the players, I'd aim for one of the cities that they chose to inhabit. If not, or if you can't find anyone to do it, she can tag along with Cable or another character I'm planning.
My Characters' Endings

Postby BobSagat » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:35 am

Yeah, that was pretty much my plan.

The CS has been stalled because I keep starting over with the writing sample and going in a different direction, but I figured it'd be better for Tag if I began looking for a mentor for her now.

That said, the CS look okay, Imenak?
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Glacier » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:41 am

I too am having trouble thinking of good places to start at. Karo, BG... any ideas? I was thinking a neutral spot, the US, or a place in either blue or yellow Eurasia (sp?) then narrowing it down from there.

Postby Imenak » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:44 am

@Bob: The CS looks perfectly fine.

In terms of locations, a good number of you are having one another appear in each other's histories, so just make sure that wherever you end up, you don't contradict anything established by anyone else.
My Characters' Endings

Postby Hana » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:03 am

Miranda and Cora are Northeast (but conveniently missing where John's been), mostly in the Virginia/Ohio area, but ranging a little farther south occasionally, too. They're mobile, so they're easily missed if anyone wants the whole "ships in the night" thing.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing