X-Men, Age of Apocalypse: OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: The X-Institute 2: OOC

Postby Fellguarde » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:23 pm

God dammit Dorian. I’m now seeing John as looking kinda Jensen.

Postby Imenak » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:13 pm

I have summoned another of the old ones from the Nether. Hopefully, we will see a CS from them soon. C:
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby sam4books » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:29 pm

Whelp. Done with Pyro.

Also, a sketch of Hisui

Just in case I'm doing it wrong. :X
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Hana » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:15 pm

Imenak wrote:I have summoned another of the old ones from the Nether. Hopefully, we will see a CS from them soon. C:

Oh, oh, who is it? I hope it's Nyarlathotep. I loves me some Crawling Chaos!
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby BobSagat » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:01 am

I'm calling it, it's gonna be Deena.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Hana » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:07 am

As long as it's not the King in Yellow. I draw the line at Hast---errr, you know who I mean.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Karo » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:39 am

Sam, I have to say this. The soulless quality her eyes have right now make me giggle every time I look at them.
Also, Dorian. You are my hero tonight. Now I will never utter those words again.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby sam4books » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:56 am

Thanks :) Capturing that tired look took a while, but I'm glad you approve.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Silver Samurai » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:02 am

Karo wrote:Sam, I have to say this. The soulless quality her eyes have right now make me giggle every time I look at them.
Also, Dorian. You are my hero tonight. Now I will never utter those words again.

I got a feeling you would say this a few more times unless a particular someone doesn't make it easy for Dorian to practically shoot down. Just saying. :X

And why I got this feeling it would be Aneri, twinther? But awesomeness~ And Sam, your drawing of Pyro is damn swell.
"Let's ignite this war! This war of love!"

Postby aj_gatsz » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:51 am

Work in progress, needs to be sanctioned by Imanek. :)

Hi guys. :)

Name: Cornelius Burnstock

Codename: Tegu/Snap

Appearance: Became a towering 7 feet tall monster. He looks like something between a human and a dinosaur on steroids, painted crimson red. His whole body is covered by thick scales, protecting him like a natural armor. Some scales are chipped, or bare deep cuts; memories of previous fights. His shoulders are broad, and his body is quite muscular. His hands remained human, but his fingers end in razor-sharp talons. His head is like of a lizard’s or rather a raptor or another vicious monster from Jurassic Park. His mouth is full of sharp, backward bending teeth. His eyes are bright-green homogenous orbs, without pupil, iris or any structure. His body ends in a long powerful tail, what he uses to balance himself when running on two feet. When moving on two feet he is bent forward, like a lizard, but for casual moving he mostly prefers moving on all fours. He doesn’t wear any clothing, nor has he any worldly possessions.
(Here is a little hint how he may look like. No, not Spiderman, the other one. Just take away the clothes, and paint him red. And the scales are thicker and more crodile-, armorlike.)

Personality: He isn’t the kind likeable geek he used to be. Years of social deprivation took his toll on him. For a time being he was just like an animal, feed, kill, flee or fight when necessary. After a while his personality mended itself. His memories, feelings, knowledge came back to him. He isn’t the one who worries about everything all the time anymore. He doesn’t have any problem with being violent, hurting, killing animals or even people, if the purpose is right. He is more aggressive, like a predatory animal. Avoid a fight he rather uses intimidation, and scare tactics. He rather growls, screams, displays teeth and claws to scare away an opponent rather than running away right away. When he wants to protect something or someone, he tries to eliminate the threat rather than trying to get away from it.
But that he lacks at the time, a purpose, a reason to live. So he takes the next best thing he can come up with, find the people he liked, and help and protect them.

History: Cornelius used to one of Xavier’s students at the academy for a time being, till he was asked by the Professor to transfer to another institute, the reasons were quite shady, and not of any importance at this point. Cornelius was always stricken with a non-human appearance since his powers started to show. That became sadly his downfall.

After saving a child who was about to fall from a window, the people took him for a monster, trying to abduct the little boy, and the angry mob lynched him. Almost beaten to death Cornelius was found and taken by Mastermind who took him to Genosha. There he underwent physical and mental ‘training’. He was treated with mutagens to ‘enhance’ his mutant abilities, turning him even less human in appearance. To escape Mastermind’s mental indoctrination Cornelius escaped into obedience. He acted and behaved like the pet Mastermind wanted him to be, while his sanity remained. During his time with the Brotherhood he got the name ‘Snap’ from the other members. He kept playing the dog, and waited for the right opportunity for escape, but things didn’t turn out as expected.

The Meltdown hit him quite badly and Cornelius was dead, but not Snap the lizard-like animal. It escaped into wilds and stayed there, hunting, feeding avoiding humans and civilization, just like any animal would do. During the years his physic grew as the effect of maturation, or the aftereffect of the mutagen treatment. Years passed, till the memories of being a ‘human’ being started to come back, and a personality to resurface from the pool of savage instincts. With time names started to come back, feelings for people who trusted and missed, and after a while he started to leave the wilds, in search for them.

Powers: Snap is a Red Killing Machine. He possesses reflexes, speed, strength and stamina way beyond human capabilities. His scales are bordering to being bullet-proof, you need an axe or a decent sword to cut through it, a knife would be quite useless. His claws easily rip through flesh, and his jaw is quite powerful, he can easily tear of an arm with a proper bite. He is able to climb walls and ceiling with ease, run over them, like it would the floor (just like aliens). He has a keen sense of smell, and he can feel the heat radiating from warm-blooded beings with his tongue, giving him a sixth sense of heat-sight. He regenerates quite fast, and can grow back even lost limbs (a finger in a few days, an arm or a leg in a week or two).

His mutated tongue, the source of his heat-sight ability is very sensitive, and a weak-point of him. Spicy food containing paprika, pepper, mustard, horse radish etc. can render his heat-sight useless by stimulating the heat receptors, overpowering everything (like looking directly into a bright light source with night-vision goggles). The same goes for minty stuff like gums and toothpaste, stimulating the cold receptors. Eating spicy, sour, very salty or minty food leaves his sensitive tongue with a quite painful burning sensation. Because he didn’t eat anything like that since is change he doesn’t know about this weakness.

Other: He didn’t speak a word since he was caught by Mastermind, and that was more than six years ago. With his changed body it’s questionable if he is able to speak at all.

His changed physiology requires an all-meat diet, preferably raw.

A few thoughts going around in his mind:
   He is looking for his friends, but are those people still his friends? Do they still like him? Do they recognize him? Hell, do they even remember him? He didn't spend much time at the institute, left everybody hanging quite at the beginning, as he left before the first real mission. So if he will find Ben's group, he won't approach them, but stalk and watch them, and hide when spotted. Especially Hitsui. He still has the hots for the girl, of course he doesn't deserve her, as he left her hanging, and it's now a real monster, so he has no rights to claim any affection from the girl. But she still was the only girl who was nice to him, or showed any interrest despite his looks, and that sticks with you for a lifetime.   

Writing sample:
Do you know the feeling when you wake up after a night of drinking with the mother of all hangovers, and your mind can’t do anything else than growl from the pain of existence, but your body knows the drill by itself, and you are already brushing your teeth by the time you figure out what day it is? Imagine the feeling, just on a different time-scale. Days maybe weeks pass while your mind goes simply Arrrggghhh, and your body takes care of itself; hunting, feeding, running, jumping. The whole thing is just a mush, because the definition of time is just beyond your comprehension yet.

So you take a piggyback-ride in your own body, slumping down in the back seat while somebody or something else is driving. With time the haze starts to lift, and basic things come back. I’m talking about fundamental things like up and down, good or bad, forward and backward. The first coherent thought I got was a ‘WTF?’ Not with these words, but the essence of the sentence was there. You are crouching over a carcass of some animal, gobbling up big chunks of flesh, crunching on the bones, and you have the strange feeling of something being off. The feeling, that you shouldn’t do that for some reason, that it’s alien to you, but at the same time you know that you do that day by day.

As time passes you start to pay more attention to what’s going on around you. You know what a smell is, the color green and red, and that the ‘driver’ is going into the wrong direction. You reach out and grab the wheel. Moving a body is very strange and tiring at first, so you do that only for a little bit, but more and more often. Finally you take control. The analogy with the driving is a little bit off, as you don’t take the wheel from someone else, and you don’t need to learn the driving again. It’s rather flowing together with the driver, becoming one getting his knowledge and skills, and you don’t need to figure it out on your own. Maybe it would be better to say, that you realize that the driver is you as well. Anyway, it’s a very strange and subtle process and it takes quite some time, but in the end you finally get the distinct feeling of being ME.

Having reached the point of being an individual you finally can address questions, like ‘Who am I? Where am I? What the hell is going on?’ From this point it’s getting really easy. Memories, feelings start to come back. Sometimes in order, sometimes scrambled, and you have to puzzle them together. Your name, the taste of burgers and fries, Captain Pickard, the mansion, The Doctor, The Professor, the people you called friends, the people you called sick bastards, Genosha, and of She of course. You use your memories before the blackout, and after your awakening, the bits of information you pick up along the way, and you place everything together and figure out that the world is in deep sh… .

Everything is broken apart, including you, and you have no idea where you would fit into. You got too smart for your usual running, jumping, climbing trees, but you don’t know how or if you should try to approach the ‘intelligent’ part of the world. But you know, there is no way around it, because with the smarts something else came along; the LONELYNESS. Written in caps and ten feet tall letters, gnawing away on your newly grown soul like locust on a freshly grown radish.

So you set out to find her, or maybe some of the others. You know that they may not be alive anymore, or you won’t ever be able to track them. But you really don’t have anything else to do.
Last edited by aj_gatsz on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:28 am, edited 6 times in total.

Postby Glacier » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:54 am

Oh Snap!

Aj, buddy, the CS hurts my eyes but good to see you none the less.

Postby aj_gatsz » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:33 am

Hi dude! :)

Should I break it up more? Or should I use colors?

Postby Imenak » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:35 am

Jesus, no colors. Spaces would do good. And with aj, I have to amend my previous statement and say I've summoned TWO from the Nether.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Glacier » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:40 am

Maybe break up the History, if you plan to add to it.

I'll try my hand and say Aura is coming back

Postby Hana » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:02 am

Miranda's history has been edited to include her personal stalker Cora. ^_^
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Imenak » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:04 am

Me wanting the players to surprise people themselves has made this into a fun guessing game XD. I actually just snagged another of the old ones. If I keep at this rate, I may actually get the entire old cast back. <_<;
My Characters' Endings

Postby Aneri » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:09 am

<_< >_>

Totally bringing Azunka back. Oh, also, hi everyone!

If anyone from the old X-Institute wants to do something fun backstory-wise, PM me? I'm still brainstorming, so I'd be open to, say, sticking with someone, or just having run-ins with people throughout the 6 years.

(If anyone new wants to do something, let me know! As I said, still brainstorming.)
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Hana » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:12 am

Aneri!!!! *tacklehugs* Fantastic to have you back!
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Aneri » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:18 am

HANA!!!!! *tacklehugs back, somehow* I couldn't resist. I was all "oh, new X-Men RP thread, that's cool, shame I can't participate, I should be responsible and do work and study and OHMYGODI'MSOJOININGTHIS."

I saw you're bringing back Miranda! :D
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Hana » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:30 am

Yesyesyes! This is going to be so flabbergastingly awesome that I don't have words! I'm sooo happy that Azunka's going to be coming back, too! Miranda kind of needs her, honestly, haha!

How've all the things been with you, chicky? I went all total domestic diva (by the way, I totally need to upload pictures of my little girl and bury you with them!) and am currently grooving in the "still poor, but happy" life. ^_^
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Silver Samurai » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:26 am

Knew it!

But anyways, welcome back, Aneri! <3!!! Awesome to have you back

Of course, same to Aj too. XD

Postby Hana » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:29 am

*steals Silver into the snugs* I would have gushed over you, too, but I second-thoughted myself with a "oh, it'd be silly to gush after everyone else has gotten over gushing" but now I don't care, since the gush tap has been opened.

I'm gonna cry happy tears here soon with all the homecomings!
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Silver Samurai » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:36 am

*returns the wonderful snugs!* It's totally fine! I know you would anyways. Also? You have to send me pictures of your little girl too! How's she, by the way?

And man, I feel like this would definitely be so awesome~ <3

Postby Hana » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:44 am

She is heartmeltingly cute, hee hee! She's actually home from school (early childhood enrichment preschool thing) today and is "cooking" up a storm for me. Plastic food abounds with "goodlicious"-ness, hee!

She's also forcing me to design clothes...She requested a mermaid tail for halloween this year, so I'm working on drawing up a pattern for pants with mermaid fins that won't present a danger to her balance (especially on stairs).
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Aneri » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:01 pm

I'm good, just working and studying. You MUST shower me with pictures, and soon! Also, that kind of life, to me, sounds pretty wonderful! Happiness is definitely the most important thing in my mind.

But yes, I'm getting so pumped just reading through the OOC thread (at a snail's pace in between waiting for things at work. I'll get up to speed eventually!)

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing