Mimi plays chicken

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:07 am

Griddles: Does bird cruelty ruffle your feathers? Is that kinda stuff not gonna fly? Send us a tweet.

Bleedman: This will be my only post for the week, I have to make preparations for my second trip to Singapore. I'll resume posting next week when I get back from STGCC. Chow!
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: Mimi plays chicken

Postby daviso452 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:14 am

Okay, the item just to the left of Cpt. America's shield, I recognize it but can't remember exactly what it is. Can someone tell me what it is?

Postby stratus » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:22 am

wow mandy upgraded her gun some how. it might be a shape shifting gun. and mandy seems to know alot about mimi's signature attacks. i wonder if mandy was already aware of mimi before the events of grim tales what about mimi also if or not she met her father before since they rule different parts of hell.

Postby shack » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:34 am

Shield of Cap.America and Spartan

Postby nightarix » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:08 am

anyone else notice the gauntlet next to the Spartans shield? if I'm not mistaken i think that is either horrors hand or a different gauntlet(i'd guess wars from the game Darksiders but i don't think bleedman has used any other game references yet), btw whats with the X shaped object i don't recognize it from any show i've watched
edit: now that i think about it the gauntlet could be the one from thunder-cats(i can't recall if the gauntlet ever had a specific name though and if i recall the original series it was just a sheath for the sword of omens)
Last edited by nightarix on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby konata50 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:10 am

Mimi is pinned down and mandy is more main character i think mandy has this in the bag?
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby Darkrise1357 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:14 am

hopefully mandy's got this, because if she fails...well then they're all in trouble :'(

Postby Darkrise1357 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:16 am

i kinda just noticed too, she has the white angry bird... that drops explosives right? uh oh...

Postby Imosa » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:17 am

Not too sure about the angry birds reference. I feel like it's not ammunition that Mimi would use.
@stratus: These last 2 pages have cast doubt on my certainty. However, Mandy was awfully appropriate when asking for the kettles and irons (and I almost feel like Mimi's used a kitchen sink as a weapon). Also hasn't Mandy always used Uzis?

I can't tell what any of the other things are besides the Spartain and Captain America Shields. I think I know where the X is from. It's white and worn by someone.
Close but this cross is not upright... also we don't have giant robots running on nightmare fuel, beating their way into hell (and god knows we don't need that cross over).
As for the last thing, I'm going to go with the Knight Crest from Fire Emblem's 6, 7, and 8.
*nods silently*

Postby charlz90 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:00 am

:evil: Hi Bleedman Can I Ask You A Question hmmm when You Make A cartoons of Grim tales Im SO excited To watch It Please Reply Please

Postby Imosa » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:15 am

@charlz90: Bleedman is a comic artist, not an animator. He won't make a cartoon because he can't. You should also know that Bleedman does not watch these threads.

Postby Grim312 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:12 am

im not sure but i think mimi should have a PINK pants.

Postby reaperrose101 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:13 am

Cool! My dad has Angry Birds on his Ipad2
He's good at it.

Postby Lonemartin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:42 am

If the bird drops an egg on Mandy's head, it will be cooked sunny side up. :D

ME WANTS MORE GUNS!

Postby JaseShuzaku » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:32 am

...is she Tony Montana's daughter? :?

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:57 am

XD hahah angry birds. i love the reference. mimi is sooooooo fucked right now
dancing otter wit a fish

Postby protozeloz » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:16 am

ANGRY BIRDS!!!!!!! mimi should let me use the my slingshot i would love to shot Mandy with some bad crock :D

Postby 49dra » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:17 am

dam mandy's got big tits :)

Postby Gato » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:20 am

Cute Angry Birds ref there. I can't think of a better place to take shelter than behind Captain America's Shield.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby stratus » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:07 am

Imosa wrote:Not too sure about the angry birds reference. I feel like it's not ammunition that Mimi would use.
@stratus: These last 2 pages have cast doubt on my certainty. However, Mandy was awfully appropriate when asking for the kettles and irons (and I almost feel like Mimi's used a kitchen sink as a weapon). Also hasn't Mandy always used Uzis?
indeed i expected her to go with something more biblical like stones for ammo but with a somewhat blessed destructive power. living organic ammo in the form of chubby medium speed birds? no wonder mandy feels Mimi is not taking her seriously. Mandy already knew about mimi's irons and kettles even though Mimi has not used any of those attacks during her invasion. so it makes me wonder just how much does mandy know about mimi?

Mandy is definetly an Uzi girl but she had a pistol at the start but it changed into an Uzi when mandy started to get pissed at mimi. i doubt it was a simple artist mistake. bleedman might be hinting that her gun has some hidden special abilities / powers. maybe, shapeshifting at will, infinity bullets, ability to damage supernatural beings, ghosts, vampires, demons etc.

49dra wrote:dam mandy's got big tits :)

i havent really noticed it until this pannel
Last edited by stratus on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby kawaiibubbles » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:10 am

love the angry birds theme to this one. my sibs didn't get it but i did ^_^ 8) :twisted:
Aren't i just the cutest at that age? it's so good to be young!
Teehee

Postby Nightreaper0513 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:06 pm

stratus wrote:Mandy is definetly an Uzi girl but she had a pistol at the start but it changed into an Uzi when mandy started to get pissed at mimi.

It's called dualwielding. Uzi in her left hand, pistol in her right.

As for the kettles, irons, and kitchen sink, it's either somehow referring Mandy knows at least partly about Mimi's power, or referring to the meme that says 'women should stay in the kitchen'.

Anyway, isn't Mandy kind of... Immortal (Being married to Grim and all)? I'd say the battle is pretty much in Mandy's favor if that still applies.
- If you don't give a crap, go out and find a reason to.
- Life is as good as your current state permits you to enjoy it.
- To block out the world, I put headphones on, so I don't have to listen, to anyone.

Postby klimino » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:31 pm

:eek: angry.birds. no need to make them demons,they were angry enough as it was! what i never got is why they are so protective. just a few eggs get stolen and they kill off hundreds of their own and even more eggs by firing them from a giant slingshot. o.O

as for the comic nice,im guessing they dont have iphones in hell? otherwise mandy would expect to see the white one shot.also find it funny how she uses the case with a shield to hide behind.

Postby shadowilinise » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:54 pm

WELL WE ARE SURE OF SOMETHING!

Mimi won't die here...since she IS in the Afterbirth preview...
WE ARE ALL CRAZY, EVEN IF THINK YOU AREN'T THAT MEANS YOU ARE!

Postby cmoparw » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:31 pm

nightarix wrote:anyone else notice the gauntlet next to the Spartans shield? if I'm not mistaken i think that is either horrors hand or a different gauntlet(i'd guess wars from the game Darksiders but i don't think bleedman has used any other game references yet), btw whats with the X shaped object i don't recognize it from any show i've watched
edit: now that i think about it the gauntlet could be the one from thunder-cats(i can't recall if the gauntlet ever had a specific name though and if i recall the original series it was just a sheath for the sword of omens)

Actually i think it may be a mask rather than a gauntlet, Specifically the mask from Courage. as it seems about that shape, although you never can tell with these shadow items
Silence Will Fall by hand of the BAD WOLF

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!