COR: The Dark Ages OOC Sign-ups are CLOSED Carnivals are fun

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: COR: The Dark Ages OOC Sign-ups are CLOSED Carnivals are fun

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:54 pm

All I ask is that we finish Peter Panic and the Madam Mayhem, before he does.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby sam4books » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:04 pm

Mastermind001 wrote:
sam4books wrote:He's going to come back you know.

Yeah, and I bet with some badass streampunk cybernetics. The thing is, he can't hide, and there is nowhere safe from Leon. So when he shows up, its just going to be fun to hunt him down and finish the job.

Oh he won't be hiding.

And he won't be alone.

EDIT:

This is also the 69th page of this thread.

Congratulations, you are now a sex symbol.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Cheesemore » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:08 pm

I sense FORESHADOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby sam4books » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:08 pm

You'll find that I do that a lot.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:11 pm

Foreshadowing? Only on Sam ends, there is no such thing as a Peter Panic and Madam Mayhem.

@Sam: Thank you, its helps that I mentioned that pair.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby sam4books » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:13 pm

Who are they anyways?
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:17 pm

Its something we talked about long ago in private messages. I don't blame you for forgetting, however, I'll pm what I'm talking about to you.
More Robots

Postby sam4books » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Ah, I figured it was something like that. My memory can get pretty bad sometimes :/
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:00 pm

And pmed, my old ideas. Hopefully they refresh your memory.

Edit: One for Mork and the other for Leon.
More Robots

Postby sam4books » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Because I want to share with you guys.
In passing

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:33 pm

Cookies?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby sam4books » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:36 pm

What else do they look like?
In passing

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Really bad buns?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:42 pm

oatmeal cookies.
More Robots

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:03 pm

COOKIES.

I want one. :3
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Cheesemore » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:26 pm

Hurray! Sammy made cookies!

*Happily Noms one of the cookies*

Thank you Sammy~

Oh, I should make some cake then....is it odd that I'm male and love to bake sweets? I'm begining to wonder.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Asmodai » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Well, I just beat my previous word count for a CS.

I had so much fun writing this. Normally I try to ignore Asian influences, because they can quickly grow cliche. I really hope I didn't do that.

Anyway, the reason I did my history like this, is because this way NPC's (maybe even players?) might have heard from her already. Stories travel fast and all that. Might even add more as I come up with them.

Name: Serenity

Race: Man-kin

Nationality: Xaphamor

Standing: Even though she travels the world, thus moving through many different nations, she has little interest in politics. It’s all too complicated. And she has only seen bad stuff come from it. If you asked her, the world would be a whole lot better off without all this politics.

Beliefs: The Terratim monks don’t follow the more common belief of Xephamor, Bludism, nor any of the other mainstream religions. The Terratim monks don’t believe in any gods, instead they belief in spirits. They revere the spirits of their ancestors, who may give them advice during troubled times. Or the spirits of nature, who may show them the way if one is lost.
Their belief has no name, because giving it a name would be making it their own, constricting it to Man-kin’s shallow world.
Their belief is build on three pillars; compassion, moderation, and humility. Other fundamental principles are; naturalness, vitality, peace, action through inaction, balance, flexibility, receptiveness, spontaneity, and guiding behavior.
They are in tune with nature, believing that the world must forever be in balance. They are naturally suspicious towards anything that might upset this balance and downright aggressive towards anything that is upsetting the balance.
They belief that the body is a world in itself, that the body ties directly with the earth’s five elements; wood, fire, earth, metal and water. Following the simple creed of “What’s below, is above.” Or as they would say "That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above, corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracles of Balance". They try to achieve a constant inner peace.
They say that a man may gain knowledge of the world by learning to understand himself. So Terratim monks spend a lot of time delving into their own psyche.
Generally speaking, a Terratim monk believes in embodiment and pragmatism, engaging practice to actualize the natural order within themselves. Also, they believe that life should be peaceful and filled with joy.

Profession/Role: Traveler, adventurer, vagabond. All names that describe how others could see her, though she likes to refer to herself as a Terratim monk.
She’ll do just about any odd job, be it sweeping the floor or helping a farmer harvest his crops, anything that would pay. Well, almost anything, don’t mistake her for a prostitute or a mercenary.
She never has much in the form of coin on her, most of the time there’s barely enough to afford food and cheap shelter.

Appearance: There’s a reason her name is Serenity, but it has little to do with her personality. She has the bluest eyes you will ever see, the kind of eyes where you could gaze into and forget all about the world around you. Combine that with her stark white hair, which she has had since she was a baby, and you got a mixture that just makes you feel calm and, well, serene. She keeps her hair short, even though its custom for a monk to shave his or her head bald. A sweetheart face if you will.

She certainly isn’t the tallest, standing at a small 5’4”. She tries to cover this up by wearing Geta sandals. She’s fairly curvy, having a pleasing hourglass figure and a moderate chest, but nothing over the top. A life of long arduous work has made her a little buff, which some men might find a bit intimidating.

As for clothing, she is usually seen wearing a black and white kimono. It might be a bit out of place in this day and age, but it’s an outfit she feels comfortable in, and isn’t that what it’s all about in the end? She did add a bit of a personal touch to it, having cut off half of the ‘skirt’, making it a lot shorter. On her legs she wear thigh high, black socks, allowing just that little glimpse of flesh between hip and thigh.

To top it all off, she wears a Kasa. It is just a big hat covering the upper half to two thirds of the face. Thus, helping her mask her identity and it allows her to travel undistracted by sights around her on her journey. She usually doesn’t wear it when travelling, she enjoys the sights of nature.

Weapons/Equipment: The only weapons she has, are her fists and feet. But don’t let that fool you into thinking she is an easy prey. While most people would strike to hurt a person, the Terratim monks strike to incapacitate. Their punches and kicks (they mainly focus on fist fighting) are strong enough to break any bone as easily as it is for us to snap a twig.

Being a traveler that lives off the land and the good will of others (a rare commodity), she doesn’t carry much:
- A simple tent, barely big enough to contain one person. Mostly in case she can’t find shelter inside a town.
- Some spare clothing. Travelling is a dirty venture after all.
- A hand crafted fishing rod. She made it herself and despite its rickety looks, it’s quite effective.
- An elegant pipe. A elongated pipe, that is about the length of her forearm. It’s made out of dark, tough wood, making it nearly unbreakable. Nothing is as relaxing as smoking a good pipe while fishing. A gift from the abbot, who had something of a soft spot for her.

Personality: Impulsive, brash, rebellious and aggressive. Those would be the words most of the monks back at home would call her. But that’s by their standards. To our standards she could very well be the saint of patience herself.
She’s calm and very laid back, finding good things in even the worst of situations. She’s also kind hearted, often helping those in need out of the bottom of her heart. But these traits have also made her somewhat naïve. It wouldn’t be the first time if someone decided to take advantage of her good nature, letting her do all the work and send her off without anything as much as a thank you. But she allows that, she believes in karma. Do good, receive good. And she helped those people, which always gives her a nice fuzzy feeling inside, even if those people don’t show much gratitude.
It takes a lot to provoke Serenity to take up arms. As it is the case with all Terratim monks. She will try to either ignore you, or talk her way out of a situation until the very last moment. She won’t admit it, since it’s against her teachings and all, but secretly she enjoys it when people finally push her past that line. That moment where there’s only her and the ones who deserve to be beaten. The thrill of battle, the rush of adrenaline. It’s the world’s most elegant and most complicated dance. And she might be among the top dancers.
Deep down she is still very childlike, finding the world a beautiful place that beckons to be explored. Often poking her nose into stuff where her nose has no right to be.

Magick: Stoneskin. Once a Terratim monk finally passes on from acolyte to monk, they are taught the secret art of Stonekin. Which really is just what it says. It is an elemental power, that allows the user to toughen up his or her skin to that of a rock. Punches suddenly become nothing more than a minor nuisances, blades can be grabbed or redirected and some even say a bullet will ricochet off! While the latter has never been put to the test, the skin really does become so tough, it would require drilling equipment to penetrate. Yet the monks still retain their speed, allowing them to deliver punches that shatter and break bones at speeds most people can’t even fathom. It is said that the abbot of the monastery has perfected the skill, allowing his skin to attain the attributes of diamond.

Serenity is only a novice in the art of stoneskin, but is already showing more progress than any other student. You see, it requires an immense amount of willpower to maintain this form. Any little distraction could mean you lose your concentration, or worse, you push it too far, turning you literally into a stone sculpture. She can maintain the form throughout combat, allowing her to shrug off most blows that would’ve downed any regular person, while dishing out punches a deconstruction worker would be jealous of. It also helps that she has lightning fast reflexes, mostly gained from evading the monks back at home whenever she did something they didn’t like.

Every Terratim monk is taught to strike to incapacitate, not hurt. Using the stoneskin magic, their punches are tough enough to shatter even the most resilient bones as easily as it is for us to snap a dry twig in two.

Hobbies: If there’s anything Serenity likes more than a good fight, its fishing. There’s this massive river, not too far from the monastery where she would often go to relax. Sometimes, during working hours, she would sneak off to the river and just stay there for hours on end. But don’t think that she did this every chance she got, she’s no lazy slacker (despite what the other, older monks would say). She knows the cracks of the (figuratively) whips and knows quite a bit about working on farms and the likes. Nothing builds muscle and discipline faster than tilling a land without the use of tools.
She took up smoking not too long ago, maybe a year ago now. It was during one of those hard labor sessions, when she snuck off into town where she met a few boys. They were nice guys, who knew what she was and what she was actually supposed to be doing and promised not to tell anybody, as long as she took one good long drag. Not wanting to seem like a chicken, and of course not wanting to get into even more trouble with the other monks, she took on the challenge and found out she actually liked it. She bought her first pipe from money earned by working on the fields, a crappy, cheap pipe, but it did the trick. It wasn’t until she was ready to leave the monastery (more like, forced out) that the abbot had a little gift for her. A perfect, hardwood pipe. While absolutely not materialistic (she didn’t have much to be called her own to begin with), that pipe is her most prized possession.
Furthermore, she knows her way around the lands, managing to survive in the wilds all alone.

History: Serenity was dropped off at the monastery as a baby, just like many of the other monks. Unwanted by her parents, she was taken in to be trained to live a life of compassion, moderation and humility. The abbot had taken a special interest in her, given her rather peculiar appearance. You see, she was born with the bluest eyes you’ve ever come across and hair as white as a winters day. This was the reason she was named Serenity, they figured that with such an appearance, the girl would grow out to be a calm, loving woman. Some even spoke of using her as a mascot to once more get the numbers back they once had.
You see, the Terratim monks, as they were called, wasn’t overly big. At max they had perhaps 50 members, the larger part being acolytes. It wasn’t that they were unknown in the region, it was just that they were a bit infamous. It was said that they had the toughest training regimen of any monastery in the nation. A way to protect their precious Stoneskin magic.
In reality, the training wasn’t meant to protect the magic itself, it was meant to protect you from it. It’s a dangerous magic, with a high chance of backfiring if you’re not careful enough. It requires discipline and a calm mind.

Serenity was constantly passed around by the different female monks, they said it was a way to make her grow up without any ties to the past. A clean slate, no family to hold her back, with only the future ahead of her. It worked out a little differently than they had hoped though.
As Serenity grew up, she started to see the entire monastery as her family. Which wasn’t bad, until later. You see, she didn’t exactly grow up to be the woman the monks had anticipated. She was wild, brash and rebellious. She would often refuse to do the chores she was meant to do, and no amount of beatings could persuade her differently.

By the time she was a grown woman and moved from acolyte to monk, she showed a certain affinity towards the Stoneskin magic. While most novices can’t get the density past that of soft stone, she already managed to achieve the density of granite. It made her a feared opponent during the many sparring competitions, even among the older monks. She found joy in beating the others and actually getting away with it. It was all a game for her, even though she occasionally broke a few bones.

The older monks grew weary of her, they had hoped that by the time she entered adulthood she would drop the childish personality. She would’ve been kicked out years ago, if it wasn’t for the abbot who had a special place in his heart for the white haired girl. But even he eventually fell to the pressure from the other monks, who gave him a compromise. She was to set off on a journey to find inner peace. Meaning that everybody got their wish, the monks would finally see the departure of Serenity and the abbot would perhaps see her again once the time was ripe. What Serenity thought about it? She liked the idea, she had always wanted to visit other places, see the world the farmers spoke so fondly off. She promised the others, but mostly the abbot, that she would return one day a changed woman.

These are the tales of her travels, told from a witness perspective

The girl and the bar

“So… Euhm, do I sit here? Oh right, okay. My name? Why I’m Xuan Lin, best rice farmer in the southern parts of Xephamor! That’s who I am. I’m surprised you need to ask, everybody knows of my famous rice. The secret to a good batch of rice is having a good piece of land, and I got the best. You should really try a bowl one day, it’s even better if you get the… Oh right, the monk girl. Yeah I remember her, how could I forget about her?
I had been working a long day on my fields, bringing in all the rice for this week’s batch. A good batch I tell you, I can guarantee that you won’t find any better quality elsewhe- oh right, sorry, sorry. As I was saying, I had been working all day and decided to hop by the bar for a quick drink. It’s always nice and calm around that time, all the others are back at home, spending their time with their family. Luckily I don’t have any of that to slow me down, know what I’m saying? Anyway, there were only four people in the bar at the time, five if you count in good old Ned, that’s the barkeep. I knew three of them, shady folk that liked to ambush and rob merchants. But we never managed to get any real proof on them, so everybody just stays out of their way. And the monk girl, although I didn’t know that at the time, I figured it was just a homeless or a traveler at the time, judging from their dirt covered cloths and whatnot.
I sat down at the bar, striking up conversation with Ned about how well the harvest had been this year. I always promise quality, but this year I really surpassed myself. Quality and quantity I tell you and... Aah! Okay, okay, I’ll stop! Sheesh.
Anyway, after a while I asked Ned about the girl sitting there alone and he tells me that he had heard about those folk from the friend of his brother-in-law’s nephew. Saying that she was one of them monks. He tells me that they sometimes travel around the world, performing all kinds of jobs for people. Adventurers in the truest sense of the word if you ask me. Ned also told me that the only thing she had order since she got in was that glass of water and she hadn’t even taken a single drink from it.
Obviously, this got my attention. I could use a set of hands on my land for a while. Like I said, quantity and all that. So I got up and sat down across the lady, who had most of her face covered by that hat she wore. I was just about to strike up some good conversation, when I was violently pushed aside by one of them thugs I told you about. I didn’t want any trouble, so I stayed on the floor. I’m no fighter after all.
The three of them surrounded the poor girl, god only knows what they wanted from her. But she didn’t move an inch. In fact, she finally reached for her glass of water, as if the three of them weren’t even there. This apparently pissed them off somewhat, because before you knew it, the glass was smacked right out of her hand, smashing it on the floor right next to me. And the girl? She still acts like they aren’t even there! I was seriously scared for her life at that point, because I could sense the anger in the thugs rise.
‘Are you stupid or something?’ one of them yells, right next to her ear. But she simply sits there. At that point I thought that maybe she was stupid or something? I don’t know. ‘Give me your monk trinket and we’ll forget all about this and let you go.’ Or something like that, I had no idea what they were talking about, she certainly didn’t seem like the kind of gal that had anything valuable on her. At that point she finally spoke, a soft nice voice if you ask me. She said ‘Go away, or get hurt.’ In a way you would also order a drink. This finally pushed the thugs over the edge, because the one that had yelled against her suddenly pulled out a knife! I was terrified, I’ll admit that, I couldn’t move or anything as cold sweat ran down my spine.
But the girl? She just sat there, unflinching, as if the knife wasn’t even there. Maybe she was blind, I thought at the time. That’s what most monks are, right? She spoke again ‘This is your last warning, go away, or get hurt.’ I could see a vein pop up on the thugs forehead, not a good sign. He once more yelled that he wanted the trinket and said he’d cut her up good if she didn’t give it to him right now.
At that point she raised her hand and placed her hand on the rim of her hat and with a simple flick of her finger, it flew up into the air! Like it had a spring hidden underneath it or something.
Now, luckily I was pushed away so I had a better view of what happened, otherwise I wouldn’t have believed it myself. The thus were so distracted by the sudden flying hat, that they had their eyes off her for just a second. And that was all she needed. I’ve never seen anybody stand up that fast! Even the chair was shot backwards, shattering against the wall. And then came the first blow, good god what a blow. Fast and hard, against the chest of the guy with the knife. I could hear his ribs snap and crack! A sound you don’t forget very soon. He was send flying backwards just by the sheer force behind that blow. I’m not sure what happened next, as I closed my eyes and hoped that it would soon be over. And it was, after only a few more seconds of those nasty cracking sounds a silence fell over the bar again.
I opened my eyes again, just in time to see the girl catch her hat again. Also giving me a brief glimpse of her face. I’ll never forget those blue eyes, as blue as the sky itself I tell you. The thugs were strewn around the bar, all unconscious with limbs in angles they should be in.
She got her belongings and left some coins on the table, enough to pay for the damage she had caused. She bid her farewell to Ned and me, thanking Ned for the drink and that was it. She was gone again. I never did get to ask her for her help, but I think that she helped a lot more people by taking out those thugs.
Hmm? No, I have no idea where she went. But now that that is done, you sure you’re not interested in a nice, warm bowl of rice? Hey, hey, where are you going? Aw come on…”

No fishing
“Thanks, I’ll have a cup of tea if you don’t mind. Oh, we’re starting? My name is officer Hans Rathonian, of the Nevelhim police department.
The monk girl? You mean Serenity? Yeah, I remember her. The whole department remembers her. She’s the kind of girl that you don’t forget anytime soon.
We, I mean, I met her first during one of my patrols. You have to understand a few things about Nevelhim first. There’s basically two sections of the town, the lower class and the upper class. The lower class are obviously the workers that keep our fine factories running, while the upper class manages those factories. There’s not really a big divide here, upper class and lower class mingle with each other just fine.
Anyway, in uptown there’s this park with a large pond you know? Quite a relaxing place to spend your free days at and whatnot. But I’m digressing here. We got a call from a concerned citizen that he saw a woman fishing at the pond. There’s a clear rule that states that it’s illegal to fish there, but in all honesty? We couldn’t be bothered. Whoever this person was, let them have their way, the pond is crammed with fish as it is.
However, about an hour later, we receive a call from the same citizen, saying that the woman was still there. He demanded that we do something about it, so the brass decided to send me there to chase her away. They also told me to take me time, which is exactly what I did. Don’t get me wrong, I got some friends uptown, but they can be so stuck up some times. Letting them wait every now and then would be good for them.
So I get there and I immediately notice that the air is filled with the smell of roasted fish, gave me quite a hankering to be honest. I move into the park and there she was, sitting on top of a rock as if she was out in nature. Well, I guess technically it is nature, but I’m digressing again.
So I approach her, she hasn’t noticed me yet I guess, because she’s not looking back. I’m about to tap her on her shoulder, when a fish catches on! I’m not a fisher myself, never had the time for it, nor the patience. So I figure, what the hell, let’s see how this goes.
Her rod looked like she had build it herself out of a few sticks and twine, so how she managed to catch a fish with it is beyond me. So she reels in this massive fish and I mean massive! I never even knew such fish lived in that pond. Without any hesitation the girl grabs it by its tail and smacks it against the rock she was sitting on, killing it in one blow.
I’ll admit, I was staring at that point, it was rather interesting to see. And what harm could it do? If she ran away, so be it, problem solved. Instead, she got up, with her freshly caught fish and strolls right past me into the woods behind me, where the smell of fish had been coming from.
Now, this whole ordeal was already rather weird, but it got even weirder when I followed her into the thickets. There was this clearing there, where she had made a few provisional tables. And at those tables, get this, where a dozen or so homeless! I recognized a few of them, we sometimes had to chase them out of uptown if they were being noisy. But there they were, all silent as mouse, cramming their mouths full with the fish the girl was roasting over a fire.
I tell you this, I had no idea what I was supposed to do. So I just waited for a while, see what the girl was up to and all that. She cleaned the fish, gutted it and set it above the fire. It was clear that she knew what she was doing.
As soon as the fish who were done were passed around, she picked up her fishing rod again and made her way towards me again. At that point I figured this had gone on long enough, so I stopped her with a friendly hand on the shoulder and said that I was sent to stop her from fishing in the pond. I still couldn’t see her face at that point, with that ridiculously large hat and all. She asked me what she was doing wrong, so I explained to her that it was illegal to fish in the pond and that she was to come with me to the bureau.
She turns around to face the homeless people, who at that point were staring at me as if I was about to take away their last bottle of cheap booze, and said that she needed to go now. Which was met with protests, which she simply ignored. She explained to a few how to extinguish the fire and urged everybody to clean up after themselves. Then she packed her belongings, all in a small backpack and turned back to me and told me she was ready to go.
I led her back to the bureau without any trouble at all, if only everybody would come along this peacefully. I hadn’t asked her to take off her hat yet, I thought that it was perhaps against her religion to take it off outdoors, but I urged her to take it off when we were finally inside.
Looking back I really wished I had asked her to do that earlier, those eyes. You really don’t forget those eyes and I can only imagine how they must’ve looked in the sun. Heh, the entire bureau fell silent for a moment.
I continued to lead her towards my desk, feeling like a kid taking my girl to the prom for the first time again. Ridiculous, I know, but I really felt like that at the time. I sat her down across me and figured I needed to take some notes. She didn’t have any papers on her or anything like it, said her name was Serenity. I think it was pretty safe for me to assume at the time that she was no stripper or something like that, so I asked her what she was doing here.
She starts telling me that she hailed from a monastery all the way from southern Xephamor and that she was on a pilgrimage of some kind. She had found these homeless people when she was venturing in town, and figured they could use a good meal. The pond was filled with fish, so a few being caught wouldn’t do any harm.
I explained to her that she may have been right about that, but that it was still against the rules. She pondered about this for a while, as if she had never heard of laws before. After a while she suddenly looks back at me with those beautiful blue eyes and says sorry. Now, I know that rules are the rules and all that, but were they really expecting me to fine this girl just because she was doing something good? It didn’t look like she had any money on her anyway and I’ll be damned if I was to lock her up just for such a stupid reason.
So I ask her ‘Are you truly sorry?’ Expecting her to say yes, so I could just let her go with a warning and all that. And she says, I kid you not, ‘Depends on what.’ I was all, what the hell? So she explains ‘Are you asking me whether I’m sorry for breaking the law or for my actions?’ And I have to give it to her, she got me there. ‘I’m not sorry for my actions, if that’s what you’re asking. But I am sorry for breaking your law.’ She continued.
Clever girl she is. I sent her off with a warning, telling her not to do it again or else it might not end as good as this time. But I doubt she’ll follow my advice, she seems like the kind of girl who’d put the wellbeing of others well before her own.
Where she went? Oh, she went south I believe. Are we done here?”

It’s a hoot, it’s a riot
“Is this the… Oh H-hi there. Is this where I’m…? Oh, Okay. Thank you. So heh, hi there. Oh of course, my name is Sharline, that’s with an i, Shunyan.
You’re here to ask me about the monk, aren’t you? Oh yes, I saw it in your eyes. Oh you’re not the only one who’s been asking around, everybody in town knows what she has done! But don’t believe a word what the others might say, they changed to story to make it sound even more awesome… If that is even possible.
Oh, okay. Euhm, well it started a few months ago, back when that bastard Phineas was still in charge of the plant. He was a mean, mean man, the worst to have ever walked this earth. At least I think… I’m not really… Oh, okay. I worked at his plant, just like many others, under horrible conditions. Minimum wages, dangerous working conditions and if Phineas caught you not working hard enough, he’d whip you! No, I kid you not. Sometimes, someone would try to stand against him. Phineas would drag that person off and we wouldn’t see them for days! And when they came back… well, they just weren’t the same anymore.
But one day, we all had enough! We rose to strike! We demanded better pay, better working conditions and of course, the resignation of Phineas. We figured, if the whole plant is in on it, he wouldn’t have a choice but to give in, right? He couldn’t possibly whip us all.
Heh, Guess we should’ve known better. You see, he has friends in all the right places. So he called upon a favor the police captain owned him. So as we arrived at the plant that morning, we were greeted by the most unpleasant sight you could imagine. Riot control was there. Oh how I felt my heart sink.
But we pressed on, we had to, this was for our future after all. But our chants were without heart, everybody was constantly looking around for ways to run if the call finally came. And Phineas, oh Phineas was enjoying the view from his office. That police captain was there as well, bloody bastard. Oh, sorry, pardon my language. With one simple flick of his fingers he ordered his men to step forward.
We’re just simple factory workers, we don’t know how to fight. In fact, we didn’t even want trouble to begin with. So while the riot control only took one step forward, we all backed away five steps. All, but one.
I don’t know where she came from, or even what she was doing here. But that monk had mingled in with us. Of course, at the time we had no idea she was a monk and all that. She just stood there, solum… solem… alone. We all started to murmur ‘Who’s that?’ ‘What’s she doing there?’ and ‘Should we run?’. Even the riot control seemed to be a bit suspicious about it, she didn’t wear any clothing like any of us had ever seen. I kinda liked, it was stylish, yet practical. I’d lose the hat though, that looked a bit weird and certainly didn’t seem too good for your ha- Oh, okay.
So she takes a step forward and addresses Phineas, demanding exactly what we wanted. Better pay, better working conditions and the resignation of Phineas. We were all stunned, was she stupid or something? Was she really going to do this all by herself?
Phineas decided to address her through the intercom, too scared to leave his own office… the filthy cockroach. Oh, sorry, pardon my language. He laughed at her, called her an idiot and demanded that she removed herself from his premises. She didn’t budge and simply demanded the same things again. Better pay, better working conditions and the resignation of Phineas.
Phineas simply laughed again and told the captain to remove us from his plant, the easy or the hard way. The captain only seemed pleased with this and he ordered five of his men to show this foreigner how they dealt with vermin.
God, how I wanted to yell at the girl to just run away, but I was frozen solid with fear. I think all of us were as the five men approached her. It was pretty clear that they didn’t care that she was only a girl, or that she was a foreigner. They just wanted to vent their rage at someone and she’d be the one to take it.
They got out their batons and... You really wouldn’t believe this, but she caught them mid air with a speed I’ve never seen before! It took everybody in the room by surprise! And before any of the men could even react she dished out the meanest punches I’ve ever seen! Pow! Bam! And the men were sent soaring through the air! It was amazing! AMAZING!
She took ‘em all out in just a matter of seconds. Clearly the captain hadn’t foreseen this, even from the distance we were watching we could see a vein pop in his neck. So he yelled at all his men to take the girl down. Twenty men, all storming at this single girl. You could feel the ground tremble underneath their footsteps. God I was scared, but it was sssssooooooo exciting!
Now, I’ve seen my fair share of fights and brawls you know. And this was neither, a brawl is too chaotic and a fight says that the two fighters are on equal standing, right? This… Oh my, this was a dance I tell you! I mean, it looked orchestrated. Every move she made had a purpose. Every punch connected with deves… dev-as-sta… painful results! Twenty men, all trained to hold back the worst of riots. Taken down in a matter of minutes.
The captain was outrageous! Screaming that the men were to back off, surround her so she couldn’t escape. He said he’d take care of her personally. So he walks up to her, all high and mighty and draws his sword. A collective gasp went through the plant, was he really going to kill her? From the murder in his eyes, he most certainly was. Even some of the riot control seemed to feel a bit out of place. Although that could’ve also been caused by their colleagues laying strewn around the floor heh.
So he marches right up to her -- and may I point out that at this point her hat was still on! – and tells her to back the f off, or else he’d strike her down where she stands. And, I’m not kidding, the girl responds the same thing she had said so far, demanding better pay, better working conditions and the resignation of Phineas!
I swear, that vein in the captains neck was going to burst! So he raises his sword above him and strikes down hard and fast. Some of the other woman let out a scream, the men all gasp. He was really going to kill her. But then it happened. The most extrod… Extradi… amazing thing I’ve ever seen!
This girl, she extends her arms with her fingers all pointed forward like she was going to shake someone’s hand. Like this. Nono, like this. And she meets the blade halfway. I swear, I thought she was going to lose her arm. But guess what?

Well?
Fine. The blade, it broke! No, I’m not kidding! It shattered as if it was made from glass and she was a rock! Oh you should’ve seen the looks on everybody’s faces! Heck, even the men who were wounded but still conscious went silent.
The captain backed away, as white as a ghost. Suddenly he starts yelling DEMON, DEMON, SHE’S A DEMON! And runs away, soon followed by his entourage. We were all still dumbfounded by what had happened. I mean, it’s impossible to break a sword with your hand, right? But there it was, we all saw it.
Phineas had clearly seen it all as well, and had recovered quicker than us. He came down screaming hell and doom, that it was all fake, that they had bribed the captain and his men to put up this charade. He started poking the girl in her chest, although I don’t think he realized it was a she at the time hehe, demanding that she went away.
She simply replied with the same thing she had said over and over now. She demanded better pay for us, better working conditions and that he’d resign from his post.
Phineas went berserk I tell you. Ordering his assistants to get his whips, screaming that he’s show the world what a con artist this girl really was. It didn’t take them long to bring him his whip. That awful, awful thing. Oh may he forever burn and feel the sting of that creation himself. Oh, sorry.
He warns her, saying that this would be her last warning, get out now, or feel the whip. But she just stands there, once more reciting the words like a chant. Better pay, better working conditions and that he’d resign his post.
The first hit was on her stomach, it came quick and sudden, showing how… good Phineas was with that blasted thing. We could all see that the girl was hit, as her clothing was torn apart, but she didn’t budge an inch.
So Phineas hit her again and again and again and again and again and again and again an- Oh, sorry. Anyway, after about 15 minutes of him completely going crazy, he collapses on the floor, sweat pouring down his ugly mug. And the girl? She still stood there, unscathed. I swear, if it wasn’t for the fact that her clothing was now torn to shreds, you couldn’t even tell if she was hit at all. During the process Phineas had also knocked her hat off, showing us all the most beautiful set of eyes we’d ever seen. Even Phineas was slightly taken aback at that moment.
She grabbed her hat from the floor again and spoke again. ‘We want better pay, better working conditions and you resign your post.’ Well, she doesn’t really sound like that, but you get the picture.
Phineas, the broken monster, breaks down in sobbing, screaming that she needs to go away. That she is a demon send to torment him. And just like that he suddenly ups and runs away like a little kid. Later on we hear that both the captain as well as Phineas were arrested. Both of them accused of being corrupt.
Back at the plant, we of course rush towards this stranger, we all wanted to see this champion who’d stood up for us. She explained to us that she was a Terratim monk, on a pilgrimage to find something about inner balance or something.
We of course wanted to repay her for the kindness she had shown us. But she said that she didn’t need any payment, that the fact that she had helped was good enough. But we insisted, and once we insist it’s hard to ignore us. So she cracked, saying that perhaps enough money for a ticket for an airship would be nice. Those aren’t exactly cheap, but we agreed. If we all pooled out money together, we could easily afford one. We’d get her a ticket first thing tomorrow, for now we could all use some rest.
I offered her a bed at my place, yessir I did and even offered to fix up her clothing. She couldn’t exactly go traveling looking like that hehe. So while she slept, I fixed her clothing up.
The next morning we all met at the towns gate and gave her a thick envelop with the required money. We all said our fond farewells, saying that if she ever needed a roof above her head, she’d only need to holler. And just like that, she was gone again.
It’s strange, isn’t it? We only knew her for one day, not even a full day. And everybody already misses her. As for the plant? We got a new owner, Jonah Raas. A kind man, who knows what we are going through. He gave us a nice raise and promised us that he’d work on the safety of the plant.
Well, I’d better get back to work now. Thanks for listening I guess… Where she went? Oh, she said she was going to see Meka. Why?”

Theme: Some fine tunes for long travels
Last edited by Asmodai on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mephobiac

Postby sam4books » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:29 pm

Doctress Who wrote:COOKIES.

I want one. :3

You get all the cookies you want Doc :)

They're yours.
In passing

Postby sam4books » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:29 pm

Mastermind001 wrote:oatmeal cookies.

They're chocolate chip.
In passing

Postby Cheesemore » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:47 pm

I see Jeggred has competition for "Strangest Eyes" category in this RP. But wow, Asmo, I like her already. Jeggred probably won't though, too noble.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Asmodai » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:02 pm

Haha, thanks. And I'm sure Serenity wont mind, its his choice to like her or not.

Oh, may I recommend everybody to listen to the Memoirs of a Geisha OST (click the theme song) while reading the history? It was the music I was listening to while writing that :3
Mephobiac

Postby Iris » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:07 pm

@Cheesemore, who's in the competition atm? Jeggard, Serenity and Killegan. Anyone I've missed?
Last edited by Iris on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cheesemore » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:12 pm

We could almost throw in Doc's albino and Quinny's vampire with pink and red eyes. But other than that, you've pretty much got the main contest.

Anyone have a particular vote on weirdest eyes other than me, iris, or asmo? (Avoiding personal bias)
The Master of Cheese

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:22 pm

sam4books wrote:You get all the cookies you want Doc :)

They're yours.
YAY
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:29 pm

I'd say Killegan.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing