One Piece - War of the Gemlords IC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: One Piece - War of the Gemlords IC

Postby Archrival » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:13 am

[Jack Valentine] "Hit me, Hit me, Bust."
Jack was surprised when the warlord managed to stop the full swing of his hammer with just one hand, even Lieutenant Ren could not stop such a blow and that was with his mace not his new more weighted version. Due to not taking much from the spearman Jack easily took the blow to the gut which caused him slide back accross the deck of the ship. He too noticed the marines but was not bothered as their ship would be sinking before they were even close if he got enough explosive shots in. "Guys we gots company." Pointing out the marine ship to anyone who had not noticed it yet. He put away his hammer and took out his rifle ready for a sea battle if this warlord would just damn leave the crew alone.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Matthonius » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:59 am

Company? Matthew stopped his charge and carefully placed the cannon that he was going to hit the gemlord with on deck. He peered over the railing and could clearly see white sails on the horizon. Matthew turned quickly and headed towards the door that lead below deck.Fight or flight against those marines. I dont care I'm stocking up on whatever food they have here. Matthw followed his nose and judging by the smell he was in for a treat once he found the galley and storage.
Dragonborn Dragonborn, by his honour is sworn, to keep evil forever at bay
and the fiercest foes rout, when they hear triumph's shout.

Dragonborn for your blessing we pray, and the scrolls have fortold, of black wings in the cold
that when brothers wage war come unfurled, Alduin bane of kings, ancient shadow unbound
with a hunger to swallow the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50u0zUeCmU

Postby Geomancer » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:33 pm

Kino flew through the air but managed to grab the sail before flying off the ship. He looked at the incoming marines, then back to the Gem Warlord. "Alright, everyone we are getting out of here. We can't take two opponents at the same time." He looked at the Gem Warlord on his ship and bunched up. "Guys, just get him off board!" He flew at his opponent, his tail swinging at his head "Double Vision!"
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Karo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:19 am

~Aelelia~

Aelelia glanced down in time to see the strange-looking bird peck the teddy bear, and quickly walked the few feet that had separated her from the man and his bear, scooping the ugly little bird up in her arms, her lack of fighting intent allowing her to come up next to the fighting gemlord almost completely unnoticed. She smiled down at the bird, not too off-put by it's appearance. She looked up at the fighting man, her ever-present smile fading somewhat. "Excuse me, but I believe you said the ship was ours if we could land a hit on your little friend there? Well my little friend here did. So by the rules of your own little game, we've won." She smiled cheerfully up at the man, and carried the little bird-thing off to her comrades before Ruby could react fully. She looked at the crew, most of whom were standing around waiting for the next flurry of attacks, not having realized what was going on, and only a few had seen the Marine ship sailing towards them. Her smile disappeared as she opened her mouth to issue commands to the crew, proving her extensive training in how to handle a ship full of people. "Let's get a move on boys! We've got a vessel to outrun, and just the ship to do it in! Hoist the anchor and unfurl the sails to full! We need every ounce of speed this ship can give us!" She tuned to Kino, her blue eyes flashing. "What's our heading, captain?"
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:56 pm

{Mister Stitch& Sow}

_Charron_

As Jack caught on and readied his trusty rifle, Stitch& Sow paused. Holding down the Gem Warlord for Jack seemed ideal, it had the potential to find out the proof, to confirm if Ruby is truly a DF user, Stitch& Sow thought. However, there was a problem, Jack uses explosives rounds if Stitch& Sow recalled right, his slime is extremely flammable and will increased the explosive power, at any other time that would be perfect, but not right now, Stitch& Sow unfortunately figured. Just as Jack pulled the trigger for his first shot, the red slime oozed away from the immediate area as fast as possible. Jack's rounds would explode, but not as strong if the slime was present, and thus the melee combatants, the boy, Kino particularly wouldn't have a high risk of falling into the water.

Stitch& Sow watched the entire ordeal unfold and positioned himself, right where needed to be. A tentacle wrapped Kino to stop him before attacked Ruby. " Correction, my dear, only if the knight landed a blow." Stitch& Sow corrected the young girl and then mentioned " However, since the knight is apart of the order of the Coil, and knights are swords of their order and master, and Coil is the bird." With his tentacles, he lowered Kino back onto the ship's floor.

Stitch& Sow explained his thoughts on the matter " It means, that when you gave that challenge to the Knight, you also gave the challenge to his master, Coil, and since Coil attacked the bear, thus it means the Knight succeed." His red and green button eyes were now set upon the gem warlord. " And now you have to leave, good bye, Ruby."
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Zelosse » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:58 am

-I suppose I should post...-

Artemis flint was 'beaten' by the logic behind what the scarecrow had said, the proof he needed was in the fact that the bird only reacted to when he hit the idiot knight, Mr.Bunsington was atleast unharmed from the ordeal albeit soaking wet and stained red. With shaking steps on legs that could no longer support his weight, Artemis leaned down and picked up his beloved teddy bear lovingly before slowly making his way to the fallen knight.

Reaching down with his torn and slashed but still armored arm he picked up the poor man by his head and lifted him effortlessly off the ground, his conciousness was fading but he was still coherent. "Your captain is weak, surpass him and your master." He hissed into the man's ear before dropping him like a sack of meat.

The other ship had raised anchor during the fighting aboard the current vessel and was even now pulling up beside them, one look from ruby and none of the gem pirates dared to cross over and attack. Sapphire however gave his usual deep stare of dissapointment and anger towards the red warlord. "You lost, Ruby. Depart the vessel and come here, we have marines to dispose of." The big man hissed out through clenched teeth, his attention turning to the crew who had commandeered his other scout ship. "I give one warning, cross us again and you will all be killed. No games. No challenges." Even as he spoke his words seemed to carry a tone of absolute certainty and the ice of a man with frozen blood.

The warlords and their ship departed shortly on the small headwind, advancing with remarkable speed towards the marine ships. The crew currently inhabiting the stolen ship would find ample supplies and medical needs below deck, inside the captains quarters were nothing but rusted and broken weaponry. As they made their way from the island stitch had once called home they could see the flames on the horizon, the marine ships sails and mast were fully aflame as it began to sink into the ocean.
Atop the sinking ship was the silhouette of a bright red hunched creature cackling in the moonlight, even from so great a distance they could see it was dripping with blood.

-Small timeskip- (You may post whatever you need to before said timeskip to save face.)

The crew had sailed throughout the night, Kino at the helm for a majority of the time with stitch below deck patching up the crews various aches and pains. Bruises would return to normal and cuts would heal with time, but pride was something else entirely. Gemlords... Men and Women of great and terrible power, of great influence and wealth... If the crew was going to get anywhere on the sea's they would have to cross them again, but this time they would be stronger than before.

In the distance, there was a massive island with a large city clearly visible but behind it was a desert wasteland. Sand raged at all times of the day and the people were powerless to stop it from tearing at the walls day and night, yet the town prospered greatly. A vibrant city with rich colorful houses and many different peoples, there was even a small fishman area just a short trip from the docks on another series of smaller islands.
It was the biggest trade city in north blue. Alrathim it was marked on ruby's map in the captains quarters, and apparently it was being run by the Emerald gemlord.

When the crew arrived in the city, they would find it warm and welcoming to everyone. As though the people were oblivious to the reputation of the lands ruler. Stitch had been here many years ago looking for information, perhaps an old informant still lurked the shadows of these streets.

(I really dunno how to describe this place so just make things up as you go. Take your time, talk amongst each other IC to try and figure out a plan incase you find yourself in a situation.)

Postby Belwicket » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:38 pm

Kurz Weber: Wake Up

Kurz awoke to see they were floating away from a battle. "What happened?" he asked, looking around. "And why does my shoulder hurt so bad?" He stood and looked at his shoulder, taking a spot on the railing of the ship, as was customary for the sniper. "I got shot." he told himself, thinking out loud. "Anyone got any ale?" he looked around, hoping to catch someone's attention.

The next morning, when they docked at the island, he fell off the railing, where he'd been sitting all night, into the cold(?) water. "I sure hope there's no sharks in these waters." he told himself as he began swimming to shore.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Mastermind001 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:26 am

{Stitch& Sow}

_Ship_Making a Plan_

From below the lower levels of the ship, Mister Stitch& Sow climbed up onto the top deck. The night has passed and those wounded from last night's ordeal were treated swiftly. A few of weeks recovery turn into a matter of days due to his miracle slime, which is why Stitch& Sow wasn't surprised to see that the other sniper was walking about until he fell over into the water. Tentacles from his chest cavity sprung forward and fished out the unlucky swimmer, wrapping around his arms, legs, and torso. "Though your wounds weren't as severe as the knight's, as a Doctor, I don't recommend a dip in the water with your condition." Stitch& Sow lectured to the other sniper, Kurtz, whom he still had a grasp on thanks to his plant monster's tentacles. " I will glue you to the floor if you do something foolish like that again." He warned as lowered the soaked Kurt back onto the ship's floor.

As the tentacles creepily crawled back into his body, however his body wasn't in the form of the scarecrow, but as a man. A young man with sea green hair and charcoal black hair, wearing an elegant black suit with gold trimming, a top hat with a white band, a cape around his shoulders, and a golden monocle on his left. His weapon, a sword, inside its black sheath and rested on his right hip. " Now ladies and gentlemen, since I didn't have the time to introduce myself, I'm called Stitch& Sow, but you can call me Doctor, if you wished." He said finally telling the others his name. " Now Kino, you mentioned to me, you wanted me to join your crew. In all honestly, I don't join pirate crews, only if we had mutual goal, which was the case for Jack and his crew mates." Stitch& Sow mentioned, recalling what Kino said back on his home island, before the Gem Warlord struck. " As of right now, we do have a mutual goal so I will work with you and the other's until our goal is completed."

" Now with that out of the way, where is your first mate, the woman with the counterattack capabilities. She has something that belongs to me." Stitch& Sow asked as she still had his research notes stuffed into her jacket. " And I need that item now, especially since, we're at Alrathim, and I have been here before." He mentioned as there was a reason why he needed his notes. " There is someone, I might be able to talk to here for important information, but I need to know, which name, I went by here." He explained and then went on to say " Whenever I traveled, I often went by a different alias so I could investigate the Gem Warlords freely."

" Anyone here can join on this endeavor, but I need that item." Stitch& Sow mentioned once again.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Belwicket » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:33 am

Kurz Weber: Saved

Kurz looked at the tentacles, more afraid of them than anything that could be waiting in the water. He didn't struggle, thinking it best with whatever could be on board. Once he saw the... man, he guessed, he nodded. "Well, thanks for the save, anyways." he smiled. "Maybe I should stay away from the edge of the boat when we dock." He had began talking to himself, walking around once he was able to. With a shrug, he began looking around for something he could do to help, though knew he was limited from his shoulder.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Matthonius » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:13 pm

Matthew was hungry. the supplies he found where dissapointingly few but he was still able to
make a small feast with it. Now the city was coming closer and Matthew was already fantasising
about the many food stores he could find there, but looking at the crew he knew there probably wouldnt be a whole lot of money to go around so he reached to the inside of his gut-plate and produced a large stack of Beli. He took enough to buy some high quality supplies and looked at where Kino was.
Hey captain! Here catch you might need it! he yelled as he threw the stack at him. Matthew then started to make preparations to dock.

Dragonborn for your blessing we pray, and the scrolls have fortold, of black wings in the cold
that when brothers wage war come unfurled, Alduin bane of kings, ancient shadow unbound

Postby Archrival » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:43 am

[Jack Valentine] "High stakes"

Jack had left the ship completely and gone to the nearest tavern, he had a close encounter when some marine soldiers had come round the corner checking bounty charts but Jack had managed slip past them and arrive safe and soundly, he sat down at a nice round empty table and had ordered a whole bottle of rum and intended to pay for it with some winnings he was about to earn. He pulled out his favourite deck and began to shuffle it. "Anyone up fer a game of cards?" The pirate called out to all that were in the place, hoping that a handful would take him up on his offer and hopefully part with their hard earned beri.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Karo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:19 am

~Aelelia~

Aelelia came up from belowdecks, yawning and rubbing her eyes. She had been napping in one of the hammocks in the crew's shared quarters. She had worked hard to keep the ship running properly, and getting the crew to work together as a cohesive unit, and had taken a short nap in order to recover before they reached the next port. She didn't really need any supplies, and didn't have much beli to spend on things anyways. She was looking forward to just walking around the town and getting a little exercise without getting caught up in anything like the last two places she had been in. With her usual smile off her face, she stepped off the boat, turning back to no one in particular. "I'm going for a walk, I shouldn't be gone too long." She had already accepted this ship with Kino as captain as her new home, and would be loyal to it until she was told she was no longer needed.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Belwicket » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:59 am

Kurz Weber: New City

With a yawn and a stretch, Kurz went to explore the new city and walk around, thinking he'd use up the last of his energy before heading back to the ship to sleep. While in the city, he saw a couple of nice girls, began flirting, and got slapped. After the third slap, Kurz just began walking back to the ship, falling asleep on the gangplank.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Belwicket » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:59 am

Kurz Weber: New City

With a yawn and a stretch, Kurz went to explore the new city and walk around, thinking he'd use up the last of his energy before heading back to the ship to sleep. While in the city, he saw a couple of nice girls, began flirting, and got slapped. After the third slap, Kurz just began walking back to the ship, falling asleep on the gangplank.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:16 am

_The Notes_

" Yes, you should. " Stitch& Sow remarked to Kurt. " Then, I would have less to worry about." He added and as he said that, he spotted another one of Kino's crew mates climbing up from the lower areas of the ship. Out of everyone, it was exactly the person he needed, the vice captain, Aeleia, and gathering from what she said, she was leaving for the city.

" Hallo Hallo Haystack Marionette." Stitch& Sow uttered while he fellow Aelelia off the boat. The straw started to rush out of his left hand. The fast pile of hay that extended from his left, formed a hand. A hand that grabbed on to Aelelia before she got too far away from him. " I believe you have something of mine, my dear. Would you kindly hand it back to me? " He asked, very politely still in his more human form. He then, gave her a genuine smile and added " Its very important and I already helped your crew, so if I were to ask for payment, I would choose the notebook. " The hay, returned back to his body.
Last edited by Mastermind001 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
More Robots

Postby Karo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:50 am

~Aelelia~

Aelelia looked back as someone grabbed her, and her eyes widened a bit in surprise as the doctor asked for his book back. Truth be told, she had completely forgotten about the book in the fight with Ruby and the escape from the island immediately afterwards. She had been just a few feet from the ship, so she turned and walked back up the gangplank to the deck of the ship, fishing into the large pocket of her coat to get the book out. She finally found it, and dusted it off before tapping the scarecrow doctor on the shoulder, book out held to him. "Sorry about that. I forgot all about it with everything that was going on. If there's anything wrong with it, I'll be happy to buy you a new book to write in."

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:04 pm

{Stitch& Sow}

_ Qui audet adipiscitur, tavern_ The Beer is Hot_

" I understand completely, it was highly dangerous that night." Stitch& Sow said as he grabbed a hold of his notebook with all his research. He opened the book and started to rapidly turn pages in order of finding what he was looking for concerning Alrathim." I'm just relieved that no one was mortally wounded and that everyone will recover in a few days. " He said as he skimmed through the pages for the information. " And don't worry about the notebook it is an old one, but thank you for your offer." He went on to say.

"Oh dear." Stitch& Sow remarked, he looked positively distraught with what he found in his notebook. " I knew one day, I would have to deal him with again. I just wish it wasn't today." He mentioned as he knew who to look for and where they could possibly be. " Well if anyone wants to join me, feel free to it." He mentioned as he stuffed the notebook into his black dress jacket. He then made his way to the gangplank.

His next destination was the tavern, Qui audet adipiscitur, He who dares, wins, where the best brews are served and where most with loose lips tend to talk. It wasn't the kind of joint where regular people gathered to drink and socialize. It was mostly filled with seafaring people and pirates. Out of everyone there, Stitch& Sow was an oddity, with his elegant black with golden trims, top hat, monocle, and cape, he looked he like belonged at a high social party that served fine wine than a place like this.

Stitch& Sow looked around the tavern, before he approached the bartender. He wasn't surprise to spot Jack in the bar, with his playing card. The man always wanted to gamble with high stakes against high bounty pirates. " If my contact isn't here, Jack. I'll join you in a game." He said to Jack as he strolled over to the bartender. " I've hear the beer is rather hot, do you have any ice ?" He asked of the bartender.
More Robots

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Arka stretched as he walked out of the bowels of the ship, squinting in pain as the sun tried to scorch out his retinas. Damned country. He growled, running a hand through his hair and picking up his four passengers from the Island. Perhaps you'd better stay here eh? I don't think this is the country for you. Yes, best that you stay and set up the security with the rest. His spiders were busy spreading webs around the ship, thin trails of silver strings along the floors, positioning themselves in the dark corners of the rooms. Soon they'd be able to see all around the ship but more importantly feel every vibration, each swish of the sea against the boat, each movement of the rats and mice and vermin and each step of his team-mates. Although he'd decided to not send any of his comrades into his human comrades rooms, at least, not until he'd gained more knowledge about each of them. As for know, they were his eyes on the ship, at least until he was told otherwise by someone he'd listen to.

Anyway, he'd find some more allies in this desert town for sure. No matter where he'd gone before, he'd always found some kind of arachnid ally. Probably tarantulas here, shame, too big for sneakiness but good guards, some of them had impressive turns of speed too, but besides that. It was time he bonded with his, more or less, human allies. He took a step forward, right as a gust of wind suddenly picked up and blew sand and heat right into his face. He spluttered and spat desperately, only resulting in opening his mouth and getting more sand in. Ack, pah, eurghhh. Screw this. He turned and ran back inside, slamming the door shut and relaxing. Screw making friends, I'll wait until we get back out to sea or something.

He put his hand with the four newest spiders back in his hair and flexed his hand, it transformed grotesquely into a pitch-black, furry, clawed weapon, the tips of it holding a tiny bubble of amber liquid, some of it dropping onto the floor and seeping into the wood, leaving it black and burnt looking. He rapped the wall with the claw twice and from the cracks and breaks in the walls, ceiling and floor, different types of eight-legged freaks scuttled towards him, each one different from the other. Some were only half a centimetre in length while some were up to six inches, some swung through the air on strands of web, others leaped and bounced around the hall, there were blue, red, green and numerous other shades and even a few that were invisible to the naked eye, only noticable as a tiny, tiny little shimmer on the floor. He clicked his tongue repeatedly, scratched the wall and moved his other hand in the air in front of them, as one they began waving their own arms in the air, some of them clicking in response or hissing. After a few minutes of conversation, he snapped his fingers and they disappeared back into the shadows. Right, now that the security is being taken care of, I guess I'll get to work on those engines. He changed his other arm back to normal and pulled out a spanner, twirling it round his fingers and whistling as he strode round the ship, clicking casually at a few tarantula paroles marching along the floor, close to the wall and one or two miniscule sentries waiting patiently on the ceiling.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Karo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:03 am

~Aelelia~

Aelelia watched as the doctor left on his own business, then walked off the boat once again. She made sure to go the opposite direction into town from the doctor, wanting to take a look around without dropping uninvited into his meeting. So she wandered the busy streets, looking in the windows of the shops she passed. It at least provided her something mildly interesting to look at while she walked, even if she didn't need anything. Not to mention it was nice to be able to just walk around town with nothing weird going on for her to deal with.

Postby Zelosse » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:26 am

The island was bustling with life as always, everywhere you looked was people buying and trading goods or sampling the delicacies that made it's way to the bustling port city. Yet there was an edge in the air, a tension you could almost see yet did well to hide itself, the lord of the area as many would find out had gone missing some time ago and a regent had been placed to fill his shoes for the time being.
His first act of business was reopening the coliseum to travelers, a business move to increase the tourism in the area. It worked.

pirate ships were never scorned at busy ports unless they brought trouble with them and all seemed drawn to the idea of fame and easy fortune, indeed some pirates had walked away sitting on a vast wealth for toiling in the various challenges offered.
In recent days they crowned a champion of the coliseum, a man of flamboyant nature and odd choice in combat style but his results were staggering. He had never lost a single challenge in his history during the coliseum matches.

All over town were flyers for people to 'Join the fun!' or 'Try your hand at the champ!', gambling was extremely popular when it came to the coliseum and even now gave the city more than 30% of it's total revenue, but more learned people whispered to others about the dangers of the regent whom believed was rigging fights for gain.

-Stitch and sow-

The bartender stared at the man for a moment in confusion before snapping back to reality, he was sweating for a moment and gave a bow to the gentleman before motioning to the door. "I-I'm busy at the moment, w-w-would you m-mind grabbing it yourself? T-The ice is at the end of the hall." His face was pale, whatever was at the end of the hall certainly wasn't something he wanted to be part of.
As stitch walked in, the door closed and locked of it's own accord.
At the end of the hallway was an open door with light pouring out of it, as he approached it there was a smell of fresh herbs and old paper that filled the air. Fresh incense and tea were on a large and elaborate desk with papers cluttering the walls, a fine leather seat was waiting for stitch.

The man behind the desk looked up for a moment and nearly dropped his glass. "STITCH, My friend! It's been so long! I'm amazed you managed to find me so quickly after I moved shop." Motioning to the chair and sliding a fresh cup of tea forward before taking a more serious look. "I assume you're hear about the Gemlords?" Malkizid stroked his chin before taking a look at the papers infront of him, after a bit of sorting he slid one in particular forward. It was a list of the gemlords by name along with a bit of detail about each ones style of fighting, it was only missing the details for Emerald.
"Saw your crew when you docked. They look soft. Marshmallow-y. Think they can do what I couldn't?"

-Jack Valentine-

More than a few sailors and pirates had walked away from Jacks table in the few short minute's he'd been their, most of them without and cash left, but one continued to sit and smile at the table offering him a real challenge. His face was impassive except for the smile and his luck was surreal, having always atleast broke even with what he'd put for grabs thus far. His clothes were silk and colored a dark brown but almost red, a fur-lined hood on his cloak and wearing leather gloves with thick boots. A bandana was around his neck along with a pair of goggles.

"This is fun, it's been a while since I've seen someone with this much luck in a place like this..." He trailed off, looking around for a moment before leaning in to Jack with a whisper, "I've got a better place though, it's not far from here. Whats say you and me play for 350,000 beri." He winked slightly before standing up and motioning for Jack to follow, the man walked right into the back of the bar and went to the basement while nobody bat an eyelash.

-Matt, Arka, Kino-

From the docks came a cheerful whistle directed to the crew on board, when they looked over the rail there stood a man in silk finery with a long flowing coat and fancy dress shoes, a wide brimmed hat atop his head with a few golden rings on his hands. His voice was as cheerful as his whistle and a smile that lit up the area plastered on his face. "Greetings and welcome to the city, I am Reggy the dockmaster. I just need someone to pay the due's to dock here and I'll be on my way."

Reggy reached into his coat and pulled out a clipboard with a few papers attached, scanning the boat for size and width along with potential crew. "If you intend to stay for the day at this spot you will need to pay 10,000 beri." He smiled, a few guards were now shuffling from the area to take up position behind the man. "While we're at it, how about you give us the Gemlord ship too." He sneered.

-Aelelia-

As the young lady walked through the streets admiring the shops, the posters for the coliseum seemed to intensify in number that practically begged for participants. People shouted for others to join the fun of the challenge and earn the respect they deserve for fighting in the great arena for the title of champion, in the distance the great coliseum rose to the sky as a breathtaking stone crafted circular structure with flags of every color waving at it's top. Even from such a great distance the allure of the cheering fans was immense.

Postby Archrival » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:34 am

[Jack Valentine] "fast and loose"

Jack enjoyed the fact that quite a few denizens had walked away short of nearly all their cash but this one fellow was good, rivalling Jack quite nicely. His offer of a secret game intriguied Jack, though something was off but he coudln't put his finger on it. His appearance was unfamilliar but he knew that the two had crossed paths before. Jack however just shrugged, nodded and followed the gentlemen into the cellar, he couldn't reist the high stakes gambling and knew he definately had enough winnings for a few games with the guy.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Deathmaster Forse » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:32 am

{Loop Lionheart - Ship's medical bay}

Artemis flint was 'beaten' by the logic behind what the scarecrow had said, the proof he needed was in the fact that the bird only reacted to when he hit the idiot knight, Mr.Bunsington was atleast unharmed from the ordeal albeit soaking wet and stained red. With shaking steps on legs that could no longer support his weight, Artemis leaned down and picked up his beloved teddy bear lovingly before slowly making his way to the fallen knight.

Reaching down with his torn and slashed but still armored arm he picked up the poor man by his head and lifted him effortlessly off the ground, his conciousness was fading but he was still coherent. "Your captain is weak, surpass him and your master." He hissed into the man's ear before dropping him like a sack of meat.

When his eyes crawled open there was no sharp intake of breath, no dramatic attempt to rise, no hands shooting for his wounds or chest, just a methodical rythm of steady respiration that drifted in the small chamber. Loop's gaze was lost within endless maze of brown that marred the wooden ceiling above. The gentle light that seeped from the room's sole window to warm his motionless form was purposfully ignored.

Coil sat quetly perched upon a small comodine a few beds away. The creture’s unwavering gaze bore intensely upon the silent figure laying beneath the spotless white sheets, he himself made as unmoving as the man he overlooked. Loop made took no action to acknowledge his companion, yet, through an unexplained six sense, an inherent bond between protector and ward, between friends, Coil knew that the man was simply awaiting for his words, for his judgment. Naturally, the creature obliged his unspoken request.

"You acted like a child." The creature's voice echoed in loop's mind, powerful, firm and timeless. Countless times the knight had pondered upon the divine authority and strength that improbably seemed to at times radiate from the voice of a being as lowly as his companion. A mysterious quality that seemed to press upon his very soul like a solid block of gold whenever their minds made connection during critical times.

"I know." Loop's hushed reply flowed through the room, within its silence sounding as striking as a mighty hammer impacting upon steel.

The pair went still, Coil carefully contemplating his next words just as the knight did with his last.

“Your juvenile tendencies for reckless heroics endangered both me and the pirate crew that saved you.” The creature’s tone still retained the blinding regal glow that Loop seldom had the opportunity to hear from his friend save for a few rare occasions.

“I understand.”

“You owe us.”

“I will pay what is due.”

“Your desire to bring light to this dark dreary world and indeed your very being shines like a lighthouse within an ever-present storm. You bring hope and salvation upon those lost. Yet as you fight to pierce the shadows drowning the world around you, you forget of those that lie within. Pride is a grave sin, knight, and an even greater flaw. Told, you have been, otherwise. However during your latest trial, with your own eyes and soul, you have witnessed the ruin that it brings. A true hero to become, that corruption you must eradicate. Fight you must, to stand above it. For what you owe of me, I demand only for you heed my words. You shall see that your light will shine brighter if you do.”

“I shall.” The royal knight’s response was steady and incensed with stanch resolve. With a powerful motion, he tore the bed sheets off his body.

“Buh! Cover yourself your moron! My cute eyes do not deserve to suffer you when you’re exposed like that!”

Loop sighed before allowing himself a resigned but subtly content smile.

The normal coil was back.

[Loop Lionheart and Coil Lionheart – Ship, upper deck]

An ebony river of unchecked hair flowing behind him, Loop Lionheart, knight of the royal coil, rose from the stairs and into the sunlight. His appearance was humble and simple. With his armor crushed beyond use, he lacked his pristine silver plate and flowing ivory cloth. With his black silk shirt stained with blood, his impressive chest was now laid bare save for the occasional mass of stained bandaging cloth. Indeed only the spring blade, fastened as it was on the belt of his black trousers, remained of his once impressive armaments and now stood as the sole symbol associating him with knighthood.

Coil, as per usual, was latched upon his head, hoping for a free ride around the new city. Loop had been rather surprised to discover that they had managed to reach one. Especially after such a short while after escaping from the gemlord. For all intents and purposes, he had thought they would still be drifting in inconspicuous waters, trying to avoid the wrath of the apparently, somehow, fended off Ruby.

Ruby.

The man’s words still echoed in his head but the knight was still unsure what to make of them. What did he mean surpassing his captain and his master? What captain? And what did the fiend know of the general of the Royal coil? Probably next to nothing to believe that Loop had a chance of surpassing him during his lifetime. Either way, he could ponder that later, at his own time. For now, he had an apology to give to the pirate crew of this ship.

Swiftly, his eyes spotted the acclaimed captain of the crew, Kino, along with a pair of his crewmates. Slowly Loop made way towards the three, aiming to talk to them about repaying them for his past mistakes. A year with the crew would do it, with no pillaging or murder all during that time, of course. Sure, sometimes one needed to steal or kill to survive, he accepted that and helped instead of punished such individuals. That in mind, owing them or not, part of the crew or not, Loop would sooner decapitate and disembowel his newfound allies than join them in unnecessary crime.
He was barely within speaking distance when a whistling interrupted him.

Silently Loop the new man’s words and carefully observed his stature. His eyes narrowed almost instantly. Something was extremely off with this man. In his time travelling Loop had met with a great deal of corrupted and greedy officials. People who had too much power or knowledge and used all of it to extort money and favors from helpless, unsuspecting victims. This person gave off a very similar vibe. Something that was nearly confirmed when several guards begun gathering behind him. Worse yet, he somehow knew that this was a gemlord ship. Luckily, Loop knew exactly how to deal with the situation, after all, he had dealt with people like this time and time again.

“And who or what exactly gave you the authority to storm our ship with your guards and threaten us, Reggy the dockmaster? Even if this ship was related with criminal activity, which it clearly isn’t, I wasn’t aware that a man of your rank you perform a search on it without a search warrant or at least an escort from the local marine base. Something I don’t see you flaunting off. As it stands you have no legal reason to either confiscate or search the ship as such your intrusion is illegal. In other words, either you scamper off and hope we don’t report you to the local base or you try and take over the ship and give us every right to beat you and your subordinates to and inch of your life.” Loop paused, letting all this sink in. “Your choice dockmaster.”
Image Made it myself. (Tukinode may not reflect the ideas of his original creator)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Arka hopped up onto the railing and crouched down, looking down at Loop and Reggy. He'd directed his stroll back up here after his spiders had reported seeing an official coming along to them, even as Loop began to try and ward them off, some of the native spiders, the closest on hand, had been asked by Arka's emissaries to move into position and they'd crawled along and under the dock until they'd reached Loop, Reggie and his goons. After that they'd crept onto their shoes and were hiding amongst their clothing, ready in case things needed to be ended quickly, apart from Reggy and Loop. There wasn't a particular reason Arka had left out their leader, just that he was curious as to how he'd react without his squad. Maybe he was just another corrupt bureaucrat who would cave once his muscle was taken away or perhaps he'd actually show some spine and things would get interesting, maybe he wasn't just a dockmaster as Loop appeared to believe but he doubted that. Although, this would be a good opportunity to find out more about Loop anyway, he seemed to be just another knight templar, which was one reason Arka had recruited the native spiders who would only deliver a mild paralysis to the troops, besides the fact there weren't many decent poisonous ones around here oddly enough. Anyway, if he was another bastion of pure godly goodliness, Arka would need to find out how to work around him without having him turn nasty. People burdened with morality like that tended to be such a chore to work with. He pulled out some metalic circles with eight points around them, staring hard and grinning at the marines, it didn't hurt to have something obvious in the open, it tended to distract enemies from the hidden weapons too.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Matthonius » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:56 am

Matthew took up position behind the now armourless knight ready to crack some skulls if the need arised. He wasnt very happy with the fact that he was being obstructed from buying supplies and someone was going to pay for it soon. Matthew glanced at the gaurds standing behind the dockmaster, nothing he cant handle. He cracked his knuckles in anticipation.

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:18 am

{Mister Stitch& Sow}

" That's fine and dandy." Stitch& Sow replied to the bartender, who seemed to sweating from his brow out of fear if he had to guess. He walked down the hall as instructed with the bartender locking the door behind him. He couldn't blame the man for not wanting no part of this, and he would share the same feeling if he had a choice in the matter. Stitch& Sow could smell the fresh herbs along with the aged paper as he moved closer to the end of the hallway . The room at the end, was an office with tea and incense, and an elaborate desk, cluttered with papers.

"Hello Malkizid." Stitch& Sow greeted to the man in the room, who proceed to dropped his glass. " Well, like I said before I am good at investigating, even when I've been stuck on a island for four years." He said as his answer as to how he found Malkizid, and knew where to look. " Yes, and to hopefully have some answers about them ." He mentioned, as Malkizid was right about his assumption. Stitch& Sow grabbed the sheet of paper, and immediately started to read it. " My island plan worked a little too well. I've met face to face, Ruby, Sapphire, a spear user who might be Diamond, and Amethyst, who turns out to be my wife. " Stitch& Sow said while he read the sheet of paper that had the fighting styles of each Gem Warlord, except for Emerald.

" Now given, your health conditions, and my suspicions of Ruby being a devil fruit user, I wouldn't advise nor try it." Stitch& Sow said, ever the doctor. " And they will get stronger, everyone does."
More Robots

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing