Mimi and the Many Mouths

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Mimi and the Many Mouths

Postby stratus » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:55 pm

i think it was safe to assume that the dog would be cerberus becuase a few pages ago mandy said "awaken cerberus"

Postby Guardian » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:40 pm

It is. Its just a way to put scooby in as a joke.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Archrival » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:23 am

Blood Lord wrote:It is. Its just a way to put scooby in as a joke.

That's a bit of a Shaggy excuse.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby VariusMayhem » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:33 pm

GrimTalesFan4Life wrote:LOL Varius, that is a genius idea XD

Yeah... Although the line would stand for epic awesomeness, it makes me sad, because i know it will never happen... Mimi never opens her mouth except for moaning and the pronouncement of pain-sounds. :unsure:

Remember Dogma, the girl who never opened her yapper? The moment she did, it was like standing inside an explosion. A sound so loud, it exploded at least one head.

Maybe there's good reason Mimi never opens her mouth and I don't mean trauma from all the things Him did to her.
I followed the comic from the beginning until now and I saw many signs of emotion in that peculiar little demon girl. A character quite interesting. The kiss between Minnie and Junior touched her in a way, the urge to help Jeff, a friend of hers, the "love" for the pain Junior's body did to her(Yes, I DO assume she loves this body of his because of masochism)...
And remember why she's there in the Grim Keep. To help out Jeff, not to please her father.
I say Mimi isn't the devil girl she used to be. Sure, Him may have created her, Him may have left his mark on her, but he doesn't rule her, so that's makes her a better person. Also we don't know anything about her mother. But before i run into conclusions, I may as well lean back and enjoy Bleedman's show.
There are 2 kinds of people: Sheeps and wolves... Which of both are you? Image

Postby Archrival » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:18 pm

VariusMayhem wrote:
GrimTalesFan4Life wrote:Remember Dogma, the girl who never opened her yapper? The moment she did, it was like standing inside an explosion. A sound so loud, it exploded at least one head.

You mean GOD? Yeah she never opened her mouth because god's voice is like a nuke to your ears.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby VariusMayhem » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Precisely. OK, Mimi definetly isn't God. However, we should consider it possible that if she opens her mouth, something wonderful or awful and horrific might occur. I mean... She already opened it for a moan and Junior seemed to take delight in it... in a manner... sort of... :mrgreen: Maybe he inherited Grim's taste for evil girls.
There are 2 kinds of people: Sheeps and wolves... Which of both are you? Image

Postby stratus » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:53 pm

i know theres some storyline explanation for why Mimi cant speak or chooses not to speak hopefully we will find out someday but in the meantime i know she will pown cerberus with that rubber band

Postby Archrival » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:00 am

Maybe it's just a Silent Bob kinda thing where she never opens her trap apart from slight one liners because it's much funnier to see her physically than vocally much like Courage.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Imosa » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:50 am

Archrival wrote:Maybe it's just a Silent Bob kinda thing where she never opens her trap apart from slight one liners because it's much funnier to see her physically than vocally much like Courage.

I just imagined the whole cast of characters from GT being transposed over Courage the Cowardly dog.
Junior = Murial, Minnie = Eustace, Mimi = Courage, Grim = The Doctor, Mandy = ... I dunno the TV.
Pretty funny.

Postby stratus » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:22 pm

Archrival wrote:Maybe it's just a Silent Bob kinda thing where she never opens her trap apart from slight one liners because it's much funnier to see her physically than vocally much like Courage.

same thing with Bumble Bee from the Transformers Movies

Postby Archrival » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:51 pm

stratus wrote:

same thing with Bumble Bee from the Transformers Movies

Not really as the silence thing was actually part of Bumble Bee's character, Silent Bob isn't an actual mute and I'm guessing Mimi isn't either.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Xi-1 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:10 am

I can't for the life of me remember whether the original Bee had any problems talking, but nobody else did. Chetaur (Beast Wars) is my favourite Transformer. I liked his Transmetal version better than the Feral one. Optimus 'pwned' everyone with his tank and fighter transformations, though.

There have been so many one-liners recently that I appreciate Mimi's silence for the golden value that it carries. I also notice that her NOT speaking does not take away from understanding of the comic. Apparently someone still got it through to her that if you haven't got anything nice to say you should not say anything -- and given her father, Mimi probably has very little good to say, and even if she did it would all have to do with Jeff. And right now, she's not very happy.

Imosa, how did Junior end up as Muriel and Minnie as Eustace? Minnie's not that belligerent and grumpy, and Junior's not that oblivious. Not anymore, anyway. Minnie would make a better Muriel. Also for Courage you need someone without such devilishly-strong powers. Maybe depowered-Mimi (although she doesn't have hands either in that state).
A Page Flipper

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!