Final Fantasy IC *The Beginning*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Final Fantasy IC *The Beginning*

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Lunpe's visor managed to alert him of an alarmingly fast increase in temperature before a gigantic fireball was launched at him, as well as the paladin and dark knight. Their heavier armor managed to keep them from being sent flying like the blue mage. Instead, they were simply knocked on their asses. Iria's shield managed to keep her from going too far. The magi was sent sliding a good ten feet along the ground, carving a gouge in the earth. Ginsu's transformation was now complete. He had six arms, a tail instead of legs, red scales, and a distinctly feminine appearance. He(?) cocked his head and looked at Iria "I did no such thing. He asked for power, I gave it. It was no fault of mine his god could not be bothered nor that he choose to accept more power than he could safely handle."

Luckily for the guard, he had left as soon as the paladin had given him the order and had not been blasted. However, he was still in the line of sight. Ginsu raised his hand "I almost forgot about him." Fire began to gather in his hand as he spoke.
Last edited by Geomancer on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Vegedus » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:53 pm

"No."

A white light exploded in Ginsu's face, blinding him for just a moment. And in that moment, Iria was back on her feet and tackled him, shield first. Her momentum was high enough to send them both tumbling a stretch, both of them crashing into a stone wall. Hardly had they stopped moving before a steely fist smashed into Ginsu's head.

"LEAVE. HIS. BODY. NOW!" Iria shouted, raining more blows down upon him, even if her odds of winning a fist fight with a six armed creatures were rather low.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:48 pm

And thus began a badass slug out. On one side was Ginsu who had six arms and greater speed. On the other side was Iria. Her armor gave her a big advantage, both in taking the hits and dishing them out. She was also slightly stronger. So after Ginsu was smashed into the wall again, two fists would shoot out and hit Iria in her shoulder and stomach, giving Ginsu just enough space to lean forward before Iria's next punch landed and knocked him back. However, Ginsu's several arms were too big of an advantage. After another trade, Iria's next blow was pushed to the side. Then three of the arms hammered Iria's left shoulder and there was a loud crack as her shoulder exploded in pain. Her arm wasn't on in the right way anymore.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:12 pm

"Blizzard!"
Out of one of the roadways, a small cold wind blew, carrying with it small bits of glowing blue light. It flew right into the side of the wall next to Ginsu, and after a split second ice exploded out from where it hit, threatening to freeze half his side and three arms to a wall. Small spikes also burst forth, but they stopped just shy of Iria. Stepping forward from underneath the shadow of a building, Rikard drew his sword. With a confident smile, he addressed the six armed fighter. "Hold now, demon. To harm a lady such, even a knight, is quite uncouth. Now, do you really believe you could take down not two, but three avatars this day? In the last city? A think not so." He spot loudly, with a light foreign, suave accent.
For the Greater Good

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:57 pm

~Realization~

"uagh!" was Lunpe managed to say as he was blasted by a giant fireball. He landed about 40 ft away from the group his head bumping into a wall hard, "oww, that... wait a minute, six arms, a tail red scaly skin, could it be...Marilith?..." The only reason he knew this was because of his intensive studing when he was younger. "I guess I'll have to be a little more careful." Lunpe then ran back up to the group which now had Marilith/Ginsu a little preoccupied. "First thing's first, White Wind." of the four blue magics he already knew, this one would come in handy much more. Everyone he considered an ally would suddenly feel like they were filled with energy and would gradually gain more as time went by, "Now Lancet." he said as a small amount of health and magic energy was siphoned from the transformed ginsu teaching Lunpe Fire Breath(?). "I think that we might have to resort to some more drastic measures against a foe like this. Then again this could just be a ruse to buy time for whomever is behind all of this. The one seen near the Chocobo Forest perhaps..." He drew his halberd and ran towards the downed Ginsu, "Aqua Breath." Lunpe said as he shot a spray of cold water into Ginsu's face from his mouth hopefully weakening the creature, and then he jumped back a few feet just in case s/he tried anything funny.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Karo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:25 am

~Aelelia~

Aelelia ran to catch up with Balthazar as he walked away, turning just enough to wink at the guard before she ran off. She had to admit that the sinister-looking man was quite interesting, with a personality so seemingly at odds with his appearance. So she actually wanted to remain in his company.

So of course, things began happening as they went to leave. A paladin showed up, asking to know what had happened. Then the guard threw off the other men holding him, and began causing chaos. Next the paladin and the guard began fighting, and the guard entered his gate to become, well, something she had not been expecting, she had to admit. BUt it was still fire-based, it seemed, from the fireball he threw. Thanks to her quick footwork, Aelelia was able to jump back in time to only get slightly singed by the attack. Then a flamboyant-looking mage appeared, throwing blizzard at the guard and asking if it was really very smart to cause a scene with three avatars right there, which made her smile smugly. "Three? Try again." She looked at the rat-faced man who had been asking for her name earlier, who had just cast a white wind on everyone nearby. "You wanted to know who I am? I'm Aelelia Stone, Avatar of Bahamut." This she said loud enough for everyone in the area to hear. Normally she kept it under wraps, since avatars of her god were known to have more strength at hand than was really necessary, but she figured strength might be necessary with this out-of-control avatar. She drew her needle-like daggers from the sheath on the back of her belt. As soon as the crack of the paladin's arm being forced out of place sounded, Aelelia jumped into action, with a speed only a thief could manage. The moment she reached the transformed guard, she slammed one of her daggers into the man's shoulder, and swung the other forward in an attempt to puncture his stomach.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Soul » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:27 am

Baali cursed under his breath as he stood up. As Iria launched at the six armed man the Dark Knight yelled, "Wait!" He cursed quietly under his breath and ran to help Iria, swinging his two handed blade to Ginsu's side. It wouldn't be a fatal wound but hopefully it would be enough for Iria to get back. "Charging in blindly will get you killed! I would think someone with your training would know that, get back! He's gone and we have to fight him!" Balthazar stood in the front keeping his defenses up and looking to the injured paladin. "You can't save everyone now pull back before he kills you," the dark knight twirled his blade and tossed it into the ground, staring at Ginsu.

A black cloud whirrled around his hands for a moment before he sent the magic directly towards the six armed man. "Hopefully that will render his sight worthless for a bit," Baali said as the blind spell nearly reached its mark. With a fluid motion he picked up the two handed blade and raised his defenses again, ready to parry or dodge the six armed man if it came to that.

Postby Vegedus » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:24 am

Iria screamed out as her arm was dislocated, though it sounded more like a product of rage than pain. As the others came to her aid, the Dark Knight taking over her place in melee, she backed off from the fray. Caring little for his lectures, she did not respond to the sickly looking stranger at all, not even sharing a glance with him.

She poised herself a bit of distance away, her right hand on her left shoulder, the shield left behind in the brawl. There was another, almost disgusting sounding crack in the air and much gritting of teeth from Iria, but no scream. She immediately continued by muttering a few words under her breath and a green glow from the shoulder, as she cast a light healing spell upon it. Judging by how floppy the arm still looked, she probably would not be able to properly use it too soon.

"Cover me." she said plainly to no one in particular. It was not important as these civilians already seemed intent to do so. She kneeled to the ground with one leg, and began chanting the spell, muttering words in a high-strung language. The air seemed to shimmer a bit around her, but it was only just beginning.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Geomancer » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:30 pm

Ginsu grinned at the two magical attacks. "Ice and water? Boy, are you guys out of your league." With a small twitch, the ice shattered and turned to steam at the same time as the water attack. "But you..." His head swiveled to look at Aelelia as her dagger slammed into his chest. They didn't manage to get very deep: the scales on his midsection were very effective armor. "That could have really hurt if I hadn't changed, you know." He raised one arm and was about to bash her head in when a black cloud flew past his defense and surrounded his head. The darkness covered his eyes and he missed. The giant sword then smashed into him and he was knocked to the side, though the tail was used to keep him upright.

He roared and a wave of magic emanated from him, blasting the darkness into nothingness as well as cracking the stone floor beneath... her. Yes, the transformation was entering its third phase. She now had breasts and her legs had melded with the tail. The scales had not finished covering the body, nor had the hair fully changed but it was only going to take a few more moments. "I am going to burn this entire town to the ground, starting with you..."

GMancer

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:44 pm

"I've got it. Everyone get ready, Don't worry about me." Lunpe said to the group as he jumped high into the air and launched his halberd into the tail of the fiend. He then pulled out a phoenix plume and put it in his mouth as he came hurtling down onto his halberd to try and go all the way through the creatures tail and into the ground. "Hit her now, before she's done changing! Give it all you've got dont worry!" Lunpe yelled to them all. He may be a jokester but he knew what could happen if a creature like this got into the city. He then stayed back from the reach of the creature knowing that he may have to resort to drastic measures.

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Vegedus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:42 am

"Not... Done yet..." Iria answered the cremieran, sounding quite strained from the power she was summoning. Expelling demons outside of their native planes or hosts were a speciality of any Paladin of the Order, and she could tell a half-baked spell wouldn't do any damage. The anchor into the host was already quite strong, and getting stronger. The poor boys soul was probably already beyond saving, but it was worth a try.

"Alexander! Grant me thy light as to banish the darkness!" Iria shouted into the skies. This was a different version of her unsealing of the gate; She did not need the size increase, she could not defeat this foe with her sword. All she needed was a bit more of the divine light to supplement her own. Her armor began glowing with a bright light, increasing in intensity until she looked like a creature made of pure light, with glowing golden accents, drawing the contours of her body. Not the most subtle of spells, she could only hope the creature would be distracted by it's own transformation long enough for her to finish.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Karo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:16 am

~Aelelia~

Aelelia hissed slightly as the guard continued his transformation into some she-monster that Aelelia herself didn't quite recognize, pressing her tongue to the back of her teeth to make the irritated sound. She didn't used to make the noise, but had started after hearing the voice of Bahamut in her head, offering to save her life in exchange for her service to him. Even now, months after she had become an avatar, she could still hear his almost mind-shattering roar like it had happened not even five minutes ago. And since she had become an avatar, she had not touched a single one of her gates, knowing full well that relying on them too much would strip her of her sanity.

She had been climbing the great tower, miles away from Cornelia but still visible on the horizon. She was 100 yards from the top of the tower, resting since it had taken her several hours already in order to get as high as she was, and the brick she was holding onto crumbled beneath her, sending her skidding down the tower wall. She reached desperately for another handhold , and proceeded to break her arm against the stone and push herself out into the open air. As she spun down towards the ground below, the wind rushing in her ears took on the sound of a dragon's bellow, and her vision flashed white. I can save you, child, if you agree to serve me for the rest of your days. As the roaring echoed in her mind to form words, a shadowy shape began to form in the light, a dragon far larger than any she had ever imagined filled her sight. Give me the means to save myself, and I will serve you, Bahamut. Her vision, filled with the shadow form of the god, went black, and next thing she knew she was waking up on the ground, battered and bruised, but feeling somehow more complete than she had before. Like she had always been meant to have this encounter.

With a mighty roar, Aelelia leapt forward once more, her daggers extending from her hands like claws as she channeled the rage of her god without opening her gate, much like Iria was doing. It was not truly a power-up directly from her god, but more a channeling of her unused natural ability as efficiently as she could. Moving faster than any of the other combatants, she slammed her daggers at the still-transforming avatar again and again, with each connected blow feeling like it was being delivered by a hammer rather than a thin dagger. Without being asked, the follower of Bahamut was providing a distraction so that Iria could finish her spell, so that all of the avatars would hopefully be able to leave their gates undisturbed.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Marilith turned at the roar "Uh-oh." She moved to block the avatar of the Allfather but wasn't nearly fast enough. This last pummeling was too much and she began to retreat, slithering backwards. Unfortunately for her, she wasn't nearly fast enough. The scales began to retract and the arms faded away until there were only two arms again. Eventually, the she-monster turned back into a human and fell to the ground.

GMancer

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Phtoo! Lunpe spat his Phoenix Down back in his hand and put it in his pocket as he pulled his halberd out of the ground. "This was an ordeal, but at least we held him off. That wasn't too long either. He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "Well, now that we've done that not much else should give us too much trouble." He then turned to the others, "If you aren't too tired we can go to the Chocobo Forest now to investigate that strange person, it's likely he was conspiring with this one."

>yes.
Not yet.

Postby Vegedus » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:52 am

"OH F-" was all Iria managed to say, as she saw Ginsu transforming back to his human form. A spell of this caliber, fired on someone that was not possessed, would surely kill him. As his soul would be forced out of his own body, it was not exactly a pleasant death either.

She had already stretched forth her good arm towards what had been Marilith for aim and the magic powers were already coalescing. It was all she could do, with an animalistic grunt, to force the spell upwards, into the air. All the light disappeared from her armor and around herself, and for a moment, there was complete silence as all sound seemed to be sucked away. Then an explosion of light in the sky, a massive white ball forming, brighter than the sun. Orbs of rainbow colors circled it and shot in every direction. Moments later, it dissappeared. If there was ever such a thing as a holy sunburn, the entire city would be getting it now.

Iria took a moment to regain her breath, then began barking orders again. "Guards, seize Ginsu. He may still be a threat". She walked with long, determined strides, towards the little group that had been in the melee. She was not pleased, judging by her facial expression.

"Was that your idea of joke?!" she said in a very harsh tone, stopping just short of Aelelia. She picked her up by the collar, bringing them on eye level. Aelelia could see that something was odd about her eyes; faded in color, as if a cloud were passing over them. "Trying to make me kill an innocent man?! What say you, avatar of the Allfather?"
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:15 am

"Hey, sparkles take it easy," Lunpe said walking up to the tall woman holding Aelelia, "She probably didn't know that those last few hits would cause him to revert. Besides we all pitched in a little to stop him from running amok. That's something right?" Lunpe said. "A bunch of over serious people, you and that guy." Lunpe said pointing towards Balli. "Just Relax, sure we live in the only town that always gets attacked, and that guy, chick, whatever, went crazy, but right now is not the time to be arguing amongst ourselves, if you don't mind I think this was probably to stall for whatever it might be that strange guy is planning that was seen near Chocobo Forest, now let's get a move on, before we deal with bigger problems."

Postby Karo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:17 pm

~Aelelia~

Aelelia outright growled at the paladin as the other girl picked her up by the collar, forcing her to stand on her tiptoes. She spun her daggers around in her hands and slammed them into their sheathes at the back of her shorts. "Are you an idiot, you little goody two-shoes? I was trying to cover so you could finish that little spell of yours! How was I supposed to know that you would be so slow that he would revert back into a human before you finished? Now, put me down and go back to bossing your silly little guards around, as I have business for the sake of the town to attend to." She paid little attention to the cloud-like color of Iria's eyes, though she didn't know it, her own sapphire blue eyes were currently as dark as the deepest depths of the ocean.

Postby Vegedus » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:49 pm

Iria gave a scoff and let the wee one back on the ground.

"Fine, I'll let you off the hook. Perhaps you meant no harm." she said in a tone that made it perfectly clear she was not apologizing or giving Aelelia any credit. "But know that I will be keeping an eye on you. Your power is much more dangerous than any fiend."

She took a step back and levelled a steely gaze at the rest of the little group. Except for the crimerean, which she seemed to ignore like it was a sport, and especially the dark knight which she had trouble not staring at.

"Anyone else I should be concerned about?"
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:33 pm

While he was preparing another ice spell to aid in the battle, it seemed it was over rather quickly. He had expected at much: Simply too many powerful foes for the beast to overcome. Hardly heroic, but the town and themselves were safe again. Slightly disappointed he had done so little, he sheathed his sword, and strode over towards the others with steady steps. "Tempers run high, I see. I do believe the town is safe for now though, milady. Though, I dare say nothing is truly safe until the world is whole again." Standing beside them, he spoke again, calmly. "Ah, but where are my manners? Rikard Vyrstholm, noblemen of a continent lost and Avatar of the flame of rebirth itself, the mighty Phoenix." He put one arm across his cheat and gave short bow as he spoke, accent still light on his lips. "If any of you would like my assistance, you must feel free to ask. I am skilled in many things, and I believe we could all use some aid in these trying times."
For the Greater Good

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:15 pm

"Nice to meet you Rikard, I was about to go check fro the man that was spotted by the chocobo forest with these two," Lunpe said as he pointed towards Aelelia and Balli, "So you're an avatar too? Am I the only one here that isnt an avatar? Oh well, cant complain."

Postby Soul » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:11 am

Baali was glaring at Iria as she began to scold the thief for interfering in the fight. He folded his arms and shook his head. "So a 'trained' paladin attempts to fist fight a man who is obviously possessed by a demon and is almost killed in doing so. When the ordeal is over she responds by yelling at those who tried to help them and gives wary looks." His red eyes were fixated on Iria as he spoke. It was obvious he was angry at the display he was seeing from the paladin and was ready simply leave her to her own devices but he felt what he was about to say needed to be said.

"I have never seen such a display of recklessness from anyone. Most of all paladins. If you were as trained and intelligent as you were zealous then you wouldn't have needed anyone's help, but I see the paladins outside my home are as inept at combat and gratitude as a spoiled child. If all paladins are as cold and heartless like you then I'm glad they avoid me, I'd rather not associate with prideful fools with a penchant for suicide." Balthazar broke his gaze from the paladin and looked around to the rest of the group.

"It is a pleasure to meet all of you, and thank you for the assistance in removing the demonic presence from the city. My name is Balthazar Valtharan and I am a Dark Knight of Hades. I will be leaving the city soon and making my way towards the Chocobo Forest to investigate whatever is causing all of this and hopefully try and fix it," he looked around at the group of men and women his eyes settling on Iria for a moment, "despite what protests anyone may have." Other than his angry lecture to Iria, Baali was speaking quite pleasantly and acting rather friendly despite his appearance. "If anyone would care to join me now is the time to say so, I'm leaving as soon as possible."

Postby Karo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:14 am

~Aelelia~

Aelelia growled again as the paladin insulted her. "Get the stick out of your ass, you pompous bitch, and take a look around. Cornelia is finally rebuilding again! Why the hell would I let my power loose in the home I fight to protect? I've spent my entire life here, and I'm a lot the reason why this town has the money to rebuild. So quit your high and mighty shit that I'm the one this town has to be careful of!" She glowered up at the ridiculous paladin, her palms balled into a fists. The only reason they weren't slamming into Iria's cheek at this moment was because the paladin was too tall. She looked over at Balthazar, and forced herself to heave out a large breath and calm down. She hated that people would assume she would become the destruction of Cornelia, just because her god was known for his massive and uncontrollable strength. That was why she had kept her avatar powers a secret up until now. She gave Balthazar an irritated smile, before speaking to him. "I'll head out there with you. I was going to go that way anyways, before all of this mess started."
Last edited by Karo on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Vegedus » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:56 am

There it was. The dark knight was an avatar of Hades. Iria's gut instinct had been right all along. The moment Balthazar mentioned this, it felt like a lightning bolt down her spine. She felt a sudden urge to draw her sword right then and there, but managed to constrain herself. This called for her to careful. She could not know if his friendly demeanour was just a front for his corruption or if had yet to take hold. Either way, she would not see him become a monster dedicated to the dread god. Not again.

There was also an avatar of Phoenix present. Much preferred to the present alternatives, but also possibly a threat down the line. The avatars of Bahamut and Phoenix she merely needed to keep an eye on. The hades one... She might actually have to kill.

Having gotten the information she wanted, she could feel the anger, no, retribution, inside her waning, and all but ignored their petty attempts at provoking her.

"My business here is done. You may leave." she said to the little group, still icy-cold in tone. "If you were to resolve the situation in the forest, the city would be indebted to you. Sounds like a good use of your time."

With that, she spun around on the spot and began walking away. She was in no condition to battle any more on this day, the fatigue now having doubled and the arm still a mess, and they would probably not let her accompany them. Instead, she simply headed back to the Order headquarters for some rest and mending.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:21 am

"Well, a Paladin could've come in handy, but I guess she'd rather not have our company." Lunpe said as he turned back to Balthazar and Aelelia, "I'm ready when you are." he couldn't help but smile as he began to think what a motley crew they must be. A thief, a blue mage, a dark knight, and a red mage if he was coming.

Postby Soul » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:38 am

"We don't need a fool of a paladin getting us killed, Lunpe," Balthazar said as he began to walk towards the town gate. He didn't look back towards the paladin or any of the guards that were taking her orders, he simply headed straight for the town gate. "Lets just get out of this short sighted city and solve their problems, even if it won't get us a lick of praise." It seemed that the treatment that Baali was getting from the townsfolk, guards, and the paladin who he had protected was really beginning to annoy him, yet he tried, so very hard, to keep calm. The dark knight only stopped when the guards were opening the gate for him and those accompanying him. He said nothing to any of the men at the gateway as they stared at him and simply stormed by them all. People hated and reviled him where ever he went, even if his intentions were good. He didn't understand why he still helped them despite all the mistreatment, maybe it was just his good nature.

Baali was silent half way towards the Chocobo Forest. He was taking deep breaths, trying to calm down from the incident and ungrateful guards and citizens. He stopped and turned looking back at the people who had accompanied him out of the city and towards the forest, "Alright... so I have no plan aside from stopping what ever is in there," he said already preparing to receive no credit for saving an entire city, "Do any of you have any healing magic that could come in handy or will we be relying on potions?" Of course he directed this question mainly to Lunpe in hopes that he'd have something to keep them intact if they ran out of supplies.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing