Wushu: After the End [IC] Heated Morning

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Wushu: After the End [IC] Artificial Morning

Postby Vegedus » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:57 am

~Central~

The co-worker looked at Samuel and the phone with disbelief. He was not entirely sure if he really wanted a dangerous phone like that. A couple of the other workers there looked a bit concerned, but there was something else grabbing at Samuel's attention now. There had been an anomaly in the grid in a certain area, B-4:5, for a while. It was very small, looking very much like a regular power flux, but it was also terribly consistent in it's placement, moving about like something living. It could very well be surger, though the signature did not match any known ones.

~Upper City: Nemesis Battle~

Indeed, the masked man had trouble responding to the kicks. Lucy got in several good, clean hits in. With each one, the man's body distorted, completely yielding to the attacks as if he was made of jello. He tried to dodge and weave, and back off, but despite his impressive speed, it was no match against the cybernetic legs. While still being hit, he talked, seemingly in no pain at all: "Annoying... Legs... Gonna have to... Do something about those."

6 details. 5 yang/1 yin. Uncanny movements.
Lucy: [4,6,5]/[1,2], 1 yang success, 2 yin successes.
Faceless: [3,6,6,3,2]/[4], 3 yang successes, 1 yin success.
Faceless loses no chi, Lucy 1. That brings her to -1. Battle over, coup de grace goes to Faceless.   

Right as a powerful kick landed on his chest, the sound of ribs cracking underneath, he grabbed the leg. Taking a small moment to collect power, he brought his other arm down upon the leg with incredible force. Protective plates bended and fell off, wires were cut and electronics and broken parts flew in all directions. It immediately powered down, suddenly feeling very heavy. The man dropped it, a serene smile on his mask, and Lucy nearly falling over from the imbalance. He was swift to follow up with a punch to stomach, knocking all air out of her lungs, and forcing her to the ground with a hand on her throat.

"Now listen, girl." he whispered, while holding her down. "I'm not gonna kill you. I was merely having some fun, doing some research."

The hand not on her throat digged into her stomach, strong fingers squeezing various of her organs without breaking the skin. The pain was excruciating.

"I gotta leave a trail for them too, you know?" The hand was now on her face, examining every bit of it, even pressing on her eyes. "But what I really want... Oh, that reminds, I forgot introductions! I am known as Faceless. And you?"

The mask showed a picture of what looked like a perfect gentleman, fair facial features, doing a friendly, greeting smile, though still warped by the fractures. He lifted the hand a bit from her throat a bit to allow her to speak.

~Underground: Hidden corridor~

"Sure, most probably!" Bross said, still sounding enthusiastic. "But we ought to able to take thema' out too. In explosive ways, I'm hoping. Either way, we probably can't shut dem completely down forever, but it should at de very least buy us a good amount of time, while we get ready for... bigger things."

They had reached the end of the corridor, Bross uncovering a black panel and running his fingers over it in specific pattern. The rather massive door swung aside, revealing what looked like a storage room judging by the amount of various crates and barrels packed inside. In the middle stood wide glass tube, topped and bottomed by slightly messy looking electronics, hooked up to massive power lines. Also in the room, a boy sat perched on a crate. He had a glossy black, but featureless visor on, apparently immersed in something.

"Gecko! The merc split, you're up!" Bross called out.

"Crap..." the boy sighed and tapped the visor, turning it transparent. Underneath they could see he had short, messy brown hair and almost unnervingly blue eyes, but a decidedly feminine face, even if clothing and much of the rest were not. "I swear, they don't pay me enough for this."

"Dese boys are crawing some coffee. And they don't pay you at all." Bross chuckled back.

"I know, that's my point..." Gecko sighed again, and grabbed a device from the crate she was sitting on. She pressed a button, pulled out two plastic cups from it, and threw it to the Joseph and Gael. The brown, solid ball in each of them rapidly melted and heated itself, eventually turning into drinkable coffee.

"I'm Gecko, B.T.W. , or 'gecks' to those who somehow think two syllables is too long for a codename." she said sarcastically, and did a lazy greeting with her hand. She raised a brow when she got a second look at Gael, but did not look too spooked. "You should try the natural stuff they got at HQ, you don't ever want to go back to synthetic after that."

~Erroll's Apartment~

"No, I'm fine, just in a bit more of hurry than I expected. " Rose replied re-assuringly. "But you're right. We should get on with it. The package will be at your place in a matter of minutes. The mission is to deliver it to the top of the Cytek News Network building, sector B-4:5. You'll probably have to use some alternative transport to get up there. You should just hide the package there, no one will be receiving it right away. A number will be included in case you need help. And..."

An unintelligible snap could be heard in the background. Rose did not look terribly concerned.

"Good luck."

The video feed closed. Three minutes later, a small, green, square box was dumped into Erroll's mail slot.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Belwicket » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Lucy Amthyst Wilkinson: Anger and Control

Lucy glared up at the man, making no sound other than groans of pain. When he allowed her to speak, she said the one thing that would get him to get away if he wanted to live. "Initiate self destruct system, timer, 1 minute." With a smirk, she looked up at him, in his fake eyes. "Better run or we'll both be blown up."
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Geomancer » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:02 pm

Joseph took all of this news carefully. One sip later and he poured the coffee out. He concentrated for a brief moment, took another sip, and poured the brown liquid out. "I need to get more familiar with coffee." He put the cup aside and said "Alright, Gecko, when do we go? I'd like to find out if I am going to die sooner rather than later."
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby BobSagat » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:01 pm

-Underground, newly dug tunnel-

Louis blinked, another job so soon? Did they expect him to run away from the first one? Well, anyone who knew him would have known he wouldn't be up for such a job. This was something a little more to his liking, though.

"Excellent," Louis exclaimed, sounding more excited than he really was, "Always glad to be of service to your organization. So what are the details?"
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Ionix Baelgos » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:22 pm

Gael Malagan
Underground Corridor
5-o-clock hour
Enter : Gecko

Gael had to give Bross credit- he put up a good show. He found himself nodding his head at the dismissal of potential backups. He felt a bit impressed at the man's communication. But before he could really go into detail considering the various details, he heard the 'bigger things' comment and he blinked. Dread naturally sunk into his gut. This sort of thing generally involved sacrifices. And if there was one thing that the marketer did not like...it was to be sacrificed for the cause.

Looking around as he walked, he couldn't help but be amazed by the level of sophistication the rebels had. They may not be Cytek, but they didn't need to be. He tapped the back of his head, a bit shocked. His right eyebrow raised a little at the immersed 'boy', but he kept his mouth shut while the boss interacted with the young one.

Every so often, he looked over to either side, looking for his surger compatriot. Not that he didn't trust him of course, more that he didn't want to go on a tour alone here. Places like this are pretty easy to get lost in.

When the cup flew through the air, Gael nearly tripped over himself, but he caught it, albeit clumsily. He noted Gecko's expression, hearing her voice and realizing the gender...stared a moment, and then looked away, a bit embarrassed at how stupid he must have looked. Somewhat casually he took a sip of coffee with a happy, relieved...sigh. He could feel his body relax, the synthetic stuff swimming in his system. He was whole again. Or at least whole for his situation.

Slowly he nodded. "Natural stuff, eh? Well...I'll be quite happy to look into that, once we succeed in getting out of Central."

Postby Tuor » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:55 pm

Vegedus wrote:~Mat's Apartment~

Kenneth catched the notepad with a grin. "Way ahead of ya, man." he said, and tossed back a sealed, brown envelope. "It has all the details you need. Including a couple of passwords and such you need to gain entry. Has got the payment too."

"Really, thanks a lot, Mat." Kenneth said earnestly. "If nothing else, see it as a karmic balancer to all that other, well paid, nasty shit you do."

He went into a devious grin as he finally noticed the redhead. "And you get up to a lot of nasty shit, don't ya?"

Mat grabbed the envelope out of the air and opened it, nodding as Ken explained. Chuckling he patted Ken on the shoulder and winked.

"You don't even know the half of it, hahaha. All right, I'll see her to the safehouse. You better get going."

He ushered Ken towards the door and looked around the apartment. What to do now, who really was this girl? Mat reached around in the envelope, pulling items out and looking at them. He thumbed through the credits and pocketed them. There were a few slips of paper with codes and words on them which he spent a few minutes memorizing before going over tot he stove and setting them alight.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Vegedus » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:24 am

~Cytek Barracks~

After a short moment of silence, Stavoris coughed up a "good" and sent the group on their way. The airfield was a bit of a distance away, but finding the way there was not too hard when one had worked in the military for a while. Given the popularity of hover technology, it was not too big of a place, merely a landing strip and maintenance area for various 'special' types of aircraft. It was not hard to spot Master Guardian Brac Saiko in his distinctive black armor, waiting for them by a quad-chopper. Though of much lower rank, he was about a famous, or infamous as Stavoris, known to be both ruthless and very good at his job. He gave a rather lazy salute as they approached.

"Hey girlies, ready to catch some runners? I'm Master Brac Saiko, and I'll be your superior for this mission." he said with a grin, apparently in a good mood. "Oh, and already read your personnel files, don't care for introductions. What the commander probably didn't tell you is that this is pretty much a warm up mission. We're not going after the big bads just yet. I am to gauge what you girlies can do."

The Master jabbered on while leading them into the aircraft itself. It was rather sturdy built, but with it's four chopper blade build into it's structure, it also looked to have some speed and manoeuvrability. A row of seats stuck out from either wall, those further back being made for constrainment, having thick metal clamps at the hands and feet.

"So I'm mostly in charge of giving orders and piloting this baby, while you do all the fun stuff." Brac continued, sounding almost sad he might not get into a fight with renegade surgers. "We have assistance from the lovely Central in tracking them down. Which I'm hoping got something for us now, so strap in!"

Brac began starting up the chopper, the distinctive whirring sounds of the blades rotating getting louder.

"Mister Hawken!" he nearly shouted to compensate for the noise, talking to a microphone on the dashboard. "Got any fish for us to catch?"

~Upper City~

The man laughed loudly and oddly hoarsely, as if he something was wrong with his vocal cords.

"Oh girl, I'm flattered." he said, the face smiling at her obscenely again. "You didn't have to do that. I've already gotten what I came for! I really doubt that hunk of junk on your leg could do that much damage to me, but it's the thought that counts, right?"

He continued laughing, while getting up off her. She would probably not be getting up too soon, either way.

"Well, I'm off. Thanks for the dance, girl." he said as he skipped off, jumping right off the side of side of the platforms.

~Underground: Blue Sky storage~

"Yeah, once you've completed the mission, you'll can be an official Blue Sky member if ya wanna." Bross said to Gael. "The headquarters is pretty impressive, let me tell ya."

Gecko jumped off the box and walked over to the teleporter, flipping some switches and pressing some buttons.

"Geeze, aren't we being pessimistic? Guess these guys are more scared than me, huh." Gecko said to Joseph and glanced to Bross. "I'm ready if you guys are, so we can go now. That's was the plan, anyway."

A faint hum began sounding from the machine, followed shortly rather noisy buzzing sounds from all around them.

"I can go first if you're too coward." she continued with a grin, before stepping into the machine. It was just big enough that they could all be in it at the same time, though due to Gael's size, they'd have to squeeze.

~Underground, newly dug tunnel~

"There is a young surger we would rather like to recruit." the well dressed stranger continued, talking in a calm manner. "Her powers are quite extraordinary, but she'll hardly be able to control them without our help. Her parents have already shipped off to a supposed 'safe house', paying a thug named Kenneth Baker to do so. You are to 'steal' away the child from him and bring her to us. Subtlety is a must."

"The details of where he's transporting her, and where to delivered to have already been sent to you, to the same mail as last time." he stopped talking for a moment to look at his watch, a rare analogue from the looks of it. "You should probably get going immediately, unfortunately, if you are to make it in time."

"One more thing though... I'd advice you not to reveal the details of the other mission to anyone. I can assure you it would not end well for you." The man was still talking in a very calming manner, making it seem like less of a threat. The implication seemed to be something else.

~Mat's Apartment~

Kenneth whispered something into the ear of the girl before he left.

"Thanks again, man." he said one last time to Mat. "By the way, her name is Tina."

Left alone in the apartment with him, the girl still sat still on her chair, without doing much, though she seemed to have calmed a bit down. Now she just looked tired. She looked at Mat with somewhat expectant eyes, knowing he was supposed to take her somewhere.

Postby Garethcool » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:49 pm

Vegedus wrote:~Central~

The co-worker looked at Samuel and the phone with disbelief. He was not entirely sure if he really wanted a dangerous phone like that. A couple of the other workers there looked a bit concerned, but there was something else grabbing at Samuel's attention now. There had been an anomaly in the grid in a certain area, B-4:5, for a while. It was very small, looking very much like a regular power flux, but it was also terribly consistent in it's placement, moving about like something living. It could very well be surger, though the signature did not match any known ones.

Samuel, a Hacker with a few Tricks

Samuel spun his chair around, staring at the screen. He leaned close to one point and scratched at the screen carefully. "Nope. That isn't a smudge on the screen. That there is either a very small surger, or someone very adept at hiding their skills. Go check it out gentlemen." Samuel stood and stretched casually, waving them off. "Make sure you don't take this casually. It doesn't match anything we've seen before. We've either got someone who's just found their powers or a good ol' illegal. I'm not trying to make you worry, but just be careful gents." Samuel grinned as he sat back down. Sending the task force on their way gave him the only time during his shift that he was ever alone. it was peaceful in his mind. It gave him some peace and quiet, and he could mess with electronics without their peering eyes. He turned and looked at them again. "Go on. Get going!"
Last edited by Garethcool on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Belwicket » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:37 pm

Lucy Amethyst Wilkinson: Bluff Taken?

She watched as he moved away. She had nearly forgot about the self destruct before it started counting down from 10. "Stop self destruct." she told the machine as she began walking home again. She had no clue who the man was nor what he wanted but didn't want to stick around and find out. She hoped there would be nobody else to stop her on her way home, except maybe a friend or 2.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Geomancer » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:50 pm

Joseph smiled. "You guys really need to get a sense of humor." He stepped inside the teleporter. "There's a reason I don't hang out around here much, you know." He cracked his neck and looked at Gael, then stepped back a little for him to enter. "You know, though, Gecko, I don't know what you can do. I would like to know that kind of thing when the guns are pointed at us." While he talked, he went through his things to make sure he still had everything he needed. He held the tube and said "I assume you know how to work this thing. 'Cause I don't."
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby BobSagat » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:48 am

-Underground, corridor-

"Of course," Louis smiled lightly despite the threat, "A professional knows when to keep his lips sealed." He gave a small bow, "If you would excuse me, I should be going now." The thief didn't wait for the man and began to walk away.

He took out his phone and looked through his email.

As he read through the information, Louis gave a little sigh. This certainly was a job he could do, but it definitely wasn't going to be easy. Stealing children, of all things. Louis would have felt bad if he more of a conscience. A job was a job though and if he planned on completing it, he'd have to hurry. The man picked up his pace and detailed the fastest route on his phone's digital map.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Ionix Baelgos » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:15 pm

Gael Malagan
5 O'clock Hour
Underground Tunnel
Big Man, Small Space

Giving another nod to Bross, Gael let out a bit of a sigh, sizing up the elevator-looking chamber ahead. He winced slightly, not looking forward to the fit. He glanced at himself and gulped. Made him quite self-conscious, really.

"I....wouldn't say Pessimistic, really....no, wouldn't say that. Just have to keep our heads on straight, after all." He tried to force a chuckle. It didn't work. He was quite nervous about this.

Noting that Gecko went first, and that Joesph soon followed, he gulped and pulled his arms tightly across his chest as he squeezed in, mumbling 'excuse me' with every movement. His face was red, but hopefully his arms blocked the angle of the man's embarrassment.

"I'm just a marketing man, working that sort of thing is beyond me, too."

Postby Vegedus » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:26 pm

~Cytek Airfield/Upper City~

"Roger that, Central." Brac said to the microphone in front of him. "Hope you guys are strapped in, because we've got a bogey." he continued, without bothering to look behind at the recruits.

The whole vehicle gave a quick shook, before suddenly accelerating rapidly upwards. It seemed to make slightly less sound flying than when it started up. Before long they were high in the air, Brac manoeuvring the aircraft into the city between the buildings. It was not more than a couple of minutes before they were at the last known location of the Surger. As Samuel could attest, the irregularities were gone now though, so the Surger was no longer using his or her power. From the chopper suspended in mid-air, they could see a lonely figure on one of the upper city platforms, very close to their destination. Brac put the aircraft down immediately. It was a girl, with cybernetic limps, apparently limping along.

"Renegade Surger, 12 o' clock. Looks like she's our target." Brac stated, matter of factly. "Go, apprehend her, and bring her back here. But watch yourself, never know what they can do, and they never come quietly."

~Underground: Blue Sky storage~

"Hm? Oh, right." Gecko perked up at Joseph as he questioned her. "Security hacker, man! I should be able to get us through any locked doors and shut any alarms or security systems pre-emptively. I also know karate, but I'll leave the fighting stuff to you guys." Her gaze moved to Gael, talking in a light-hearted way.

"Anyways, let's do this before I get cold feet!" she almost shouted, as all of them was in the teleporter. "Bross, hit it!"

Bross walked over to tube, gave Gecko a confirming looked, and indeed hit a button so hard the device shook a little, followed by loud whirring noises all around.

A odd, empty feeling, as if falling asleep for a moment, overwhelmed the three for a moment, as the entire world faded away. Only a moment later, they were standing in a different room. Judging by the interior, a couch and a big screen integrated into the wall, as well as much other normal furniture, they were in a break room of some kind.

"Ugh, I feel kinda sick... Teleportings... Disorienting." Gecko said, kneeling for a moment, holding her stomach, before getting back up again. "Anyways, looks like no one is here. Good for us."

She'd barely finished the sentence before they could hear steps coming from a hallway outside the room. Two people chatting and walking down the hallway. Clanking sounds revealed them to be armed. Gecko immediately perked up, hasting to run to and press herself up against the wall besides the door to the room.

Mook encounter. Threat rating: 15. 1 Automatic Yang success each turn. Dice cap: 6.   

Postby Ionix Baelgos » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:49 pm

Gael Malagan
Central
In the ??? o clock hour
Improper planning

Gael blanched. The teleportation, while it may not have done anything to him physically, gave him an incredible fright. He had to shake his head constantly for about thirty seconds before he could really think straight. He felt like all the adrenaline in his system had been rerouted backwards, and a dread feeling of nausea welled in his stomach. Slowly, he gathered his bearings and took a look around, keeping his ears open. If this was the correct place...he had to be quiet. No good being loud in a stealth mission.

Hearing footsteps coming, he looked around for furniture, a closet, SOMETHING to hide his bulk. As quietly as he could, he maneuvered himself behind what appeared to be a couch, crouching to hide his bulk. As he did so, an idea came to him. He slowly began pushing the couch toward the door from the direction it would open. He got ready, knowing that if he was going to be seen anyway, he'd have to get rid of them fast.

Trait: Warped Bulk, Four Yin, Two Yang (I hope I'm doing this right   )
Last edited by Ionix Baelgos on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Geomancer » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:41 pm

*Infiltration: Successful(?)*

Joseph squatted as soon as the teleportation was complete. If he had known it would have been this bad, he would have brought a brown paper bag. He'd make one himself but by the time he was able to do so, he would have recovered anyway. So he just stared at the floor and concentrated on keeping his stomach contents where they were. This was not made easier by the fact that they had just gotten a taste of freedom.

When he finally got control of his stomach and heard the approaching guards, he stood up and strode swiftly to the door. He located the locking mechanism, closed his eyes, and clasped his hands. He then opened his eyes and touched the lock. Immediately, there was a fizzling sound and the smell of ozone filled the room as the lock short-circuited for no apparent reason. Joseph blinked and his eyes turned back to normal. He gave the other two a 'let's get going' look.

GMancer

Postby Belwicket » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:38 am

Lucy Amethyst Wilkinson: Unidentified Flying Object

Lucy didn't notice the aircraft at first but, once she did, she froze. "Oh, great." she sighed. "More trouble." She lifted her arms, showing she would cause no trouble, but made a run for it, trying to escape to her house. She didn't know if the craft was following her as she tried to get down to the lower part of the city to lose them in an alley, if she could find one to lose them in. She didn't care about the pain, she just wanted to get home.
Last edited by Belwicket on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:45 am

~Cytek HQ, Lower Floors~

Gecko looked a bit freaked out and mouthed 'scary' at Joseph. Muffled voices and a couple of knocks could be heard from the now locked door, but was eventually replaced with footsteps, walking away.

A moment later, Gecko went over to a small terminal in the corner of the room, pulling some wires from her visor, it turning black again.

"Okay, I think I know where we are... Not too far away..." she muttered in a lowered voice. "Aaaand there goes the local alarm system."

She disconnected from the system, the wires zipping right back into the visor.

"It's hack job that will auto-correct soon, but it should keep us safe for now." She continued to approach the only other door out of the room. She pressed her head against it, listening for a moment, before pressing the button to open it, confident no one was behind it. There was. Just as the door shunked open, a group of four people walked by the door. Two office-looking workers and two lightly armored guards. One of the workers looked through the opened door, and uttered a "Uh...", drawing the other's attention. Just a moment to react.

[4,6,5]/[1,2]Gael: [3,3,1,6]/[2,6], three Yin succeses, one Yang.
Joseph: [2,1,5]/[2,2,6], two Yin successes, two yang.
No chi lost, and Threat rating down to 12.   

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:37 pm

{Marx Peterson}

_Prime_

" Something about this doesn't feel right." Marx remarked as he departed the Cytek helicopter, rubbing his metallic beard. The target as Brac pointed out in copter was a girl with prosthetic limbs, that was limping about, either by damage or malfunction, in this case, it was likely damage. " We should split up for now, surround her but keep in radio contact. " Marx suggested to the other two about a course of action. " She shouldn't get too far, but this still bothers me." He mentioned again as he started to wander off.

" I'll head north east." Marx stated as he was moving in direction, right after he made that earlier suggestion. " And Let's try to avoid causalities for both sides. " He went on to say before he left the two. His walk, became a rapid pace, and finally a full on sprint rushing to get towards the girl. Inside his head, he heard a ping. His tank, the BB, was nearby, and ready for assault. Marx had hoped, he wouldn't need to use it, but felt calm that it was here. Whatever happens, the BB, might be able to turn the tide in a worst case situation.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Ionix Baelgos » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Gael Malagan
In the 'oh crap I don't even' hour
Confrontation

Hearing the footsteps, improvisation was already spinning in Gael's head as the muscles in his arms pulsed and tensed apprehensively. Subtlety? That was done when the guards noted the door shutting. There wasn't any point hiding anymore, not to Gael. Lurking behind the couch, he had a decent enough view to guess the direction. He kept his breath as slow as he could as his grip on the couch tightened with an almost inaudible squeak.

Inside his head, the debate was raging. Act out and risk further combat...or hide and hope for help from the other two in hiding. He knew quite well that he was the hardest to hide...and a sickening feeling in his stomach doubted for a moment if his compatriots would back him up if he was cornered if they could complete the task without him. That was the problem with being a mercenary, however technical the position might be.

Thump-thump-thump.

The beating of his head and of his heart were almost in sync with all the pressure. Biting his lip, he made his decision. While he was not the speediest customer, he knew that he could make short work of the average footman...provided he wasn't too drastically outarmed. And a bullet to the head...well, was a bullet to the head.

"Even so..." he murmured to himself, his blood pressure rising as he hefted the couch in front of him...."I have answers to find!" he finished, drawing all the strength his thighs could muster and pushing it through, pushing his feet to spring him forward, using the couch as a battering ram, surprisingly fast.
   (Yin rolls, 4 dice, Yang, 2 dice)   

Postby Belwicket » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Lucy Amethyst Wilkinson: Shit

"Shit, shit, shit." Lucy said as she ran, not being very fast because of the damage to her metal additions. "Computer, can you identify the pursuers?" With minimal sounds, the computer soon had images of the men chasing her. "Cytek. Shit." She turned into an alley and hid in a dumpster. She soon had her breath under control and her computer was making no sound. She had just gotten out of a fight and she didn't want to get in another one so quick. "Shit." she whispered, hand over her mouth and nose as she tried not to inhale much of the stench. "Shit."

6 details. 0 yang/6 yin. Trait: Rapid Analysis.   
Last edited by Belwicket on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:15 pm

-Roland-
Silently, he'd been following orders. Going over the the airfield, taking a chopper, awaiting a mission. He glanced over at their superior for the mission. Brac Saiko. He'd heard of him. Strong, loyal, but a bit of a crazy son of a bitch. Frankly, Roland was just hoping that he would stay back, so his infamous temper wouldn't cause trouble. Still, if they ran into a dangerous surger, the man would be great backup.

Within no time, they had found a target. Some girl, limping along. Jumping off the quad-chopper, he walked forward slightly and held his shield tightly at his side, readying it in case of a sudden attack. As the robotic companion spoke, Roland nodded at him. Sensible. Although, with an gaze behind him he looked at Christoper. "While Peterson swings around, I say we move up together, Lieutenant. Standard Surger/Guardian pair. You decision, it may be useful to surround the target more completely." With those words said, he started moving up.

Roland's eyes wandered the area. Keeping note of where the target was headed, he surveyed the area. He was looking for any evidence of actual surge usage, both to determine what had happened and perhaps what powers she may have. The heads-up display on his visor reacted to his will, scanning the area and zooming in a various details. Not much, though a few telling bits. A distance away, there was scattered cybernetic parts, probably from her leg. It'd take a strong blow to bust through a cyber-limb like that. If she was fighting someone, she may have taken on more than she could handle. Then her Surge was used to stop them? No sign of another except for a few marks from the scuffle. Vaporized? His mind worked rapidly, trying to fill in details. Still, there was a suspect to capture, and she could tell them all they wanted to know. His enhanced legs began propelling him forward, in the last direction of the suspect, barely taking the time to register if Christopher followed him.

5 details, Trait 3, Enforcement. 4 yang on side goal, 1 on Lucy   
For the Greater Good

Postby Vegedus » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:12 am

~Cytek HQ, Lower Floors~

In a quite short time span, there was orders barked, a scream, a single shot fired and then a massive thump as both the couch and Gael flew through the air, smashing the both guards and one of the civilians against the wall. They were almost immediately incapacitated. The last one had narrowedly dodged and looked dumbstruck at the tangled up mess of the broken couch, the three bodies and the disproportionate monster before panicking in and running away down the hall, screaming loudly.

Gael: [2,2,1,3]/[4,5]. No chi damage lost, threat rating down to 11.   

Lucy: Three yin dice. [6,4,1].
Roland: Side, [5,4,4,4] Lucy:[1].
Side goal is down to 9 threat rating.   

Re: Wushu: After the End [IC] Heated Morning

Postby Iris » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:01 am

Errol Vander, Apartment

"Well, if this is just a wonderful start to the day don't you think Tacey?" Errol began to say as the video call finally closed, "Your boss sure does know how to get someone's attention subtly and safily, after all let's all just make calls in dangerous areas where both the caller and callee could get caught. Saves us all the trouble later on doesn't it? " Errol let out a sigh, rubbing his forehead at the fact Rose had specifically stated that this particular job was high risk, meaning that something probably going to go south at some point.

Because if it didn't he'd be partially disappointed at how lucky they were.
Sure enough, after a couple minutes the so called package was delivered, this was another thing Errol find somewhat aggravating, considering the risks involved he sincerely hoped that the people that dropped these little 'gifts' were never followed nor could be traced back to him and Tacey but he was pretty damn sure that no matter how logical his argument was, Leaf was not going to be changing this manner any time soon. Not unless it was probably too late. How typical

Moving away from the computer, Errol carefully picked up the package and inspected it, "At least they've kept it small..." He muttered under his breath as he placed it on the table, "Well since your boss obviously didn't expect us to say 'no' we might as well get this over and done with." With somewhat of a smirk he added, "Best you'd get in uniform just in case it get dangerous, just make sure you put something over it. I'd hate for you to catch a cold after all."
Errol and Tacey had the package, they had the location of the delivery; the Cytek News Network building but as usual they did not have the reason. While on the one hand neither he or Tay wanted to know what they were going to drop off. It always hung in the back of his head of what they could be hold each time. Was it information? Or was it something more sinister? Errol kept these thoughts to himself and had so far been able to avoid opening the packages but he hoped that what ever they were holding wasn't going to blow up in their face.

Postby Geomancer » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:56 pm

*Move Silently: Critical Fail (Cytek HQ Lower Floors)*

Joseph sighed as he watched his ally go apparently insane. "For crap's sake, is this guy an idiot?" He turned to his more subtle companion "Hey! Lead the way!" He gave her a helpful, but firm, shove. "We don't exactly have all day!" The idiot seemed to have scared off the enemy for now so it was time to move before they were surronded.

GMancer

Postby Vegedus » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:31 pm

~ Cytek HQ Lower Floors ~

Gecko, having just narrowly dodged both being shot and being smashed by a couch, was flustered and vacant for a moment, before snapping back into attention.

"Uh, uhm, right, let's go." she answered, after being showed. "This way."

Running down the rather featureless, white hallway, they came to a intersection with an opening in one wall. Without passing it, she stopped up, signalling with a raised palm for the two others to do the same. She tapped the visor twice, before turning to face directly into the wall, supposedly staring through it.

"Three, no, four guards... Down this corridor. Only way we can go..." she murmured, her attention on things the other two could not see. She turned to face them, the visor going transparent again.

"Guess the stealth mission is over anyway. Can you handle them?" she asked with a wry smile, obviously not wanting to go in first herself.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing