Final Fantasy RP OOC *Sign-ups open*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Final Fantasy RP OOC *Sign-ups open*

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:35 pm

I'm surprised no one has really had any racism towards the only "rat-face" in the game. And dont worry I'm going to only post on comp now.
For future reference, if Lunpe uses lancet are you going to say what skill he gets?
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:52 pm

By the way everyone, Ginsu's name comes from an anagram of a misspelled 'Ignis' which, obviously, is a root word for 'fire'. Just in case you wanted to know.

BoC, I made a point to have a racist go after Soul's character because he made it clear that he wanted his character to be seen as kind of scary. I don't get that kind of vibe from your character.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:16 pm

Okay, just asking.

Holy excrements of Bahamut its Marilith. That can't be a good thing. Would people who study much like Lunpe know about marilith, and what kinds of skills would a blue mage be able to learn from her or rather him in this case?

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Anyone who knew what happened to the world would know she was involved and her general form. And you would learn... laser eyes? I dunno. Tell me what you think you should get.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Emission, fire breath, mustard bomb, ray bomb, or laser eye, all sound like marilith attacks. If you add the Ifrit stuff for Ginsu i'd say the above but with Mad Rush though it isnt a Blue Magic.

I just realized that it is going to be such a pain when fighting an enemy like    Lich/Death Guise. One of The Four Fiends of Chaos.    are they all going to be in there, I put the spoiler incase it is a spoiler for those who havent finished IX yet.

Postby Mastermind001 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:43 am

CS WIP

Name: Barque I Ilium

Race: Black Mage

Job: Mystic

Appearance:

Barque wears a straw made hat with a cone shaped top instead of a circular one much like a wizard's hat. His face is shrouded in darkness with only glowing eyes. The robes, he wears is red with an orange sash tie around his torso, wearing yellow and orange stripped pants. His shoes are black and white stripes while his gloves are a mustard yellow. His height is that of a small child, 4ft.

Special Possessions:

A book

Butterfly Stave- crafted out of a metal from space, its harder than any metal before it and lighter than a walking wooden stick. Its color is gun metal black, it features light grey butterflies near the tip and at the top is a metallic ring with several other metallic rings, with other metallic ring attached to them, all held at four different positions.

Special Abilities:

Barque is the avatar of Atomos, the ever eating mouth, also known as the Distorter of Time.

1. Unseal the gate: As Barque gains an increase to all his physical attributes as well as their mental and magical ones, he gains a mouth with a fully set of fangs for teeth. Sharp and pointy, with a sinister grin.

2. Open the gate : Whenever Barque opens his mouth, beyond the sharp and pointy teeth it looks like the cosmos or a sea of stars is resting there. He can cast comet freely, shooting the space debris out of his mouth at a target and can cause gravity effects upon the area, crushing his would be foes and allies if he isn't careful. His only gravity can't be used against him, but comet can be redirected if a certain spell is used.

3. Enter the gate: Barque becomes a portal, his body is gone, and only the mouth with a blinding light remains sucking in everything in its way and consuming anything, living or not, buildings or ants, to the void or somewhere else. It can act as a wormhole as some beings can be sent somewhere else, and the where depends on Barque.

As a Mystic, Barque has a long list of spells to use

Personality:

Barque is aware that is his life might be ending sooner than later then other beings so instead of moping about it, he tries to accomplish as much as possible. He is a firm believer of fate, and given his job, that's not surprising , as he believes it is the will of the cosmos and his god, Atomos, the ever eating mouth, that whatever happens, happens for a reason, and its his job to do something when something happens.

Barque has a cheery disposition as he convinces others of the positive outlooks of life. He's quite helpful to others and can appeared to be quite wholesome and honest. However, Barque does have a devious side to him and can be quite the little liar. He can be responsible of his powers, but there is times when he abuses them, only if he has too.

Background:

The how he came to Cornelia and an avatar of Atomos is an utter blur, and odds are probably due to luck. The only thing, Barque knows is the moment, he first became self ware of himself and the first person, he met Iambi Liqueur. She came across him by chance and nothing more, though this is by her words. The only thing she did know or claim to know about Barque is that he is a Black Mage, a magician doll, suppose to be autonomous, and have very short life spans.

However, she has noted that he was different from his looks and abilities compared to other Black Mages, she has seen before. A custom job, she waged, though how different he was, it was likely his life will be very short especially in these dark times ahead. Iambi Liqueur did the best, she could teach the fact that life is still worth living, no matter how short it can be.
Last edited by Mastermind001 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:57 pm

This isnt going too well. If this continues I can completly see Kary/Ginsu/Marilith getting away with their plan. We need to pull out some serious stuff.

Postby Vegedus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:06 am

I don't want to enter the gate >.<. It's too early.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:31 pm

It may be too early, but you may have to.

Postby Geomancer » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:07 pm

You won't have to. He/she is on the ropes. It's not easy keeping this kind of thing up.

GMancer

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:14 pm

wow, I guess Lunpe is going in for bonus exp with an overkill then, lol.

Postby Vegedus » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:15 pm

Wait, what? Ginsu changed back already?

What am I supposed to do with my uber spell, then? Blow up the town?

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Fire it up into the air and give the town a 4th of July!

GMancer

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:14 pm

lol, that'd be grand, tell everyone we kept ginsu at bay.

Postby Karo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:51 pm

:D Sorry Veg.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:41 pm

I'm kidding with the last part of my last post, proceed how you like.

Postby Vegedus » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:33 am

Eh, whatever, I can use this as another excuse for getting mad at you guys.

One should be vary of trolling Iria.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:13 pm

Im starting to feel like Jansen, surrounded by people who are much more powerful than him, being the only one to lighten up, anyone else know who Jansen Friedh is?

Postby Geomancer » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:57 am

*pokes the embers of the RP*

GMancer

Postby Karo » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:25 pm

Sorry, I'd post, but I'm waiting for Soul.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Soul » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:03 am

Okay really? Is no one else going to say anything? We've got a couple people who havent said anything and I was waiting for them. But If you want me to I can post tomorrow morning, give them one last chance before I practically punch the RP into the Chocobo Forest.

Actually I'll do it tonight. I need to stop waiting so long for other people. Sorry Geo.

Okay. So I used some very general wording so if anyone posts to catch up I hope it'll be easier for them to slip in. Also I hope you don't mind me taking a couple liberties and forcing us forward.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:52 pm

I'm still here, just got back from a float trip

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:13 pm

No problems.

GMancer

Postby Vegedus » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:48 pm

I was just planning on doing some introspective stuff, while they're out, maybe fuck around with the guard a bit. Feel like I've hugged the limelight plenty, so I wasn't planning on posting every other day now that I'm out of the main action.

On a different note, am I the only one who dislikes when too much game lingo is thrown around? Potions and spell names, sure, but it seems to me that people inside the setting wouldn't have a word for something like "regen", but would just say "it slowly regenerates wounds". Like no-one would ever refer to "HP" or "level", either.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:10 pm

True, but Regen is a spell, I assumed that they would say it similar to that, but I'll fix it if needed

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing