Ironing out the Kinks

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby Imosa » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:59 pm

Xerxes wrote:I dunno, maybe he was signing orders to kill people who have to die. Someone is always dying, so when does Death rest?

Why does he need to do paperwork. Who is he reporting to? Death doesn't rest, it's a 24/7 job, yet we see him not working pretty much all the time.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: EST
Gender: None specified

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby sinistra-sundown » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:04 pm

He only personifies Death, which doesn´t mean people can´t die without his help.

So I think, if someone gets killed, for example, he/she dies without the Reaper. But if someones time is up and he/she is still alive, Grim needs to help out.
That would also explain why he carries this hourglasses with him.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:31 pm
Location: Austria (NOT the place where the kangaroos live)
Gender: None specified

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby Gato » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:36 pm

Imosa wrote:
Xerxes wrote:I think he just appears, wherever in the world someone is dying, with his magic portal thingy, and sends they're soul away. People at "the brink of death" are people who should die, but Grim wasn't able to get yet, because of his tight schedule.

But then he'd always be out working and we see him here not working. I mean how can he think of going to a Halloween party when people gonna die that same night. Graduations must be hell too.


I'm beginning to think your way there. Perhaps he's processing souls?
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:20 pm
Location: Your Dreams.
Gender: None specified

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby Imosa » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Gato wrote:I'm beginning to think your way there. Perhaps he's processing souls?

Something like that. Otherwise think of this. How would he have time to do chores for Mandy all those years and and the earth not going to shit?
I do think that if Grim is incapacitated is someway, that Death will stop happening but I can't really think of how that would be.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: EST
Gender: None specified

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby minnie » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:01 pm

I love it :Mandy:
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:49 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby billyburst75 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:40 pm

when will the next comic be out we have waited for a little longer than usual :'( [color=#808040][/color]
offline
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:30 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby Xerxes » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:49 am

Imosa wrote:How would he have time to do chores for Mandy all those years and and the earth not going to shit?
I do think that if Grim is incapacitated is someway, that Death will stop happening but I can't really think of how that would be.

It was already explained that during GAoBaM Grim stopped reaping souls for some time.
It explains how they survived deaths, universe destructions and other shit, which happened in the show.
Sanity is like a parachute, just because I lost mine, doesn't mean I can borrow yours...
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 6:45 am
Location: your closet
Gender: None specified

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby Imosa » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:52 am

Xerxes wrote:
Imosa wrote:How would he have time to do chores for Mandy all those years and and the earth not going to shit?
I do think that if Grim is incapacitated is someway, that Death will stop happening but I can't really think of how that would be.

It was already explained that during GAoBaM Grim stopped reaping souls for some time.
It explains how they survived deaths, universe destructions and other shit, which happened in the show.

Oh so Grim stopped reaping souls. So people stopped dieing. If that were the case then the earth would have gone to shit.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: EST
Gender: None specified

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:33 am

Imosa wrote:
Gato wrote:I'm beginning to think your way there. Perhaps he's processing souls?

Something like that. Otherwise think of this. How would he have time to do chores for Mandy all those years and and the earth not going to shit?
I do think that if Grim is incapacitated is someway, that Death will stop happening but I can't really think of how that would be.

Well, if it were anything like how Death was indisposed in Family Guy, it would just mean people would not have their souls pass out of them since Death isn't around to take them away (so make sure not to fall into any wood chippers then). But then he must have a way to collect souls even if he's not there, or even out of commission. Maybe that scythe that Grim gave up for Billy and Mandy came back into action and was duplicated to help him collect souls when he can't at the time. That "Scythe 3000" or something.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4047
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: where there's garlic
Gender: Male

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby Xerxes » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Imosa wrote:Oh so Grim stopped reaping souls. So people stopped dieing. If that were the case then the earth would have gone to shit.

Earth HAD gone to shit during that show. It was destroyed, annihilated with the rest of the universe & had it's reality changed (there was even one time that Mandy made everyone on Earth disappear) more times than anyone cared to count (Mandy once even destroyed reality just by smiling).
Sanity is like a parachute, just because I lost mine, doesn't mean I can borrow yours...
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 6:45 am
Location: your closet
Gender: None specified

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby Imosa » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Xerxes wrote:
Imosa wrote:Oh so Grim stopped reaping souls. So people stopped dieing. If that were the case then the earth would have gone to shit.

Earth HAD gone to shit during that show. It was destroyed, annihilated with the rest of the universe & had it's reality changed (there was even one time that Mandy made everyone on Earth disappear) more times than anyone cared to count (Mandy once even destroyed reality just by smiling).

So... your saying the show is not worth going off of?
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: EST
Gender: None specified

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby Xerxes » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:22 am

Imosa wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
Imosa wrote:Oh so Grim stopped reaping souls. So people stopped dieing. If that were the case then the earth would have gone to shit.

Earth HAD gone to shit during that show. It was destroyed, annihilated with the rest of the universe & had it's reality changed (there was even one time that Mandy made everyone on Earth disappear) more times than anyone cared to count (Mandy once even destroyed reality just by smiling).

So... your saying the show is not worth going off of?

I don't really know what does "going off of" means.
I'm just saying that if Grim was doing his job during that show, everyone on Earth would be dead now. Apocalypse would've already happened. There would be no PPGD.
Sanity is like a parachute, just because I lost mine, doesn't mean I can borrow yours...
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 6:45 am
Location: your closet
Gender: None specified

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby Xi-1 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:59 am

If it helps, there's more than one 'Death.'
No wait, I'm thinking of the 'Diskworld' series.
Evil me.
A Page Flipper
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:45 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby Xerxes » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Xi-1 wrote:If it helps, there's more than one 'Death.'
No wait, I'm thinking of the 'Diskworld' series.
Evil me.

In GAoBaM, there's also more than one Death. There's one for each planet with life.
Sanity is like a parachute, just because I lost mine, doesn't mean I can borrow yours...
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 6:45 am
Location: your closet
Gender: None specified

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby Imosa » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Xerxes wrote:
Xi-1 wrote:If it helps, there's more than one 'Death.'
No wait, I'm thinking of the 'Diskworld' series.
Evil me.

In GAoBaM, there's also more than one Death. There's one for each planet with life.

Ya that's a little weird. I think we have to ignore a few things from the official series.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: EST
Gender: None specified

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby Xerxes » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Yes. Yes, we do.
Sanity is like a parachute, just because I lost mine, doesn't mean I can borrow yours...
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 6:45 am
Location: your closet
Gender: None specified

Re: Ironing out the Kinks

Postby Omniczar » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:19 pm

Xerxes wrote:Yes. Yes, we do.

If you want this to make the least bit less confusing than it already is you mean.
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests