Final Fantasy RP OOC *Sign-ups open*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Final Fantasy RP OOC *Sign-ups open*

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:43 am

Final Fantasy RP: The Resurrection of the Twelve Gods

The world is one ruled by twelve gods, each of infinite (or so they would have others believe) power. The gods are :Ifrit, the Infernal, Shiva, the Ice Queen, Ramuh, the Elder Justicar, Atomos, the Ever-Eating Mouth, Odin, the Reaver, Phoenix, the Flame of Rebirth, Leviathan, the Lord of All Waters, Titan, the Earthreaver, Sylphs, the Fair and Seldseen Fey, Hades, Lord of the Under, Alexander, the Holy Blade, and Bahamut, the Hallowed Father. There are other, minor powers as well.

Each god watches the mortal world, looking for those who have potential for power. They then struggle to make that person a avatar, a conduit of power. When the person achieves great deeds and gains power, the god receives power as well. In order to prevent an all-out war, the gods have made an uneasy truce not to attack each other's avatars.

About a year ago, the god's avatars began to disappear. A group made up of mercenaries and avatars went out into the world and managed to find out why: a mortal was devouring the avatars in an attempt to overpower the others. None of them knew where this mortal had come from or how he had gained the ability to completely assimilate the abilities of the avatars. Then things took a turn for the worse. During the final battle, the mortal opened a gateway to another world and managed to make contact with a being known as Chaos and his four knights. They created a pact and easily destroyed the avatars. However, the mortal underestimated Chaos's power. The reality of the world was bent and warped. Places and people began to never be. History books emptied and maps became blank. In a desperate attempt to save their world, the gods gave up their power to seal the rip and stabilize what was left of their world. It worked but the gods were plunged into an endless sleep and their bodies were lost.

The only settlement left is a large town known as Cornelia. What is left of the god's power resides here in the few avatars that survived the collapse of the world along with those that feel no need to rely on the missing gods. Well, not entirely missing. Statues of all of the gods appeared in the center of town and radiate energy. It is thought that these are the core of the gods and they simply need more power to revive. However, this is hope. The world is shattered but the pieces are still lying around. There are items that, if used properly, can restore parts of the world. Of course, the town always needs help and, with almost everything gone, there is a lot of room for growth. There are thousands of things that need to be done and it's up to you to do it.

The avatars have a link to their gods that can be used to increase power in three stages. The reason the avatars do not use these abilities often is the price. When they access their god's power, they must share part of their soul with their god. This is very tiring and can lead to becoming replicas in miniature of their gods, including personality; the appearance of the person is warped by race and gender. Each stage increases the strain more and more. If an avatar uses their god's power too frequently, they run the risk of actually disappearing. Their soul will pass on and their body will be little more than a tool for the god to use. The god's cannot prevent this from happening and often urge their avatars to be careful. Even though a shell might be easier to command, they need almost constant supervision.

1. Unseal the gate: The avatar gains an increase to all their physical attributes as well as their mental and magical ones. When they unseal the gate, they gain a slight cosmetic change (horn stubs, blue skin, etc)

2. Open the gate : The avatar gains even more power as well as control over their gods attribute to a certain extent. At this stage, the changes increase even more.

3. Enter the gate: The avatar looks exactly like their god now and gain almost complete control over the element.

Races:
Black Mage: A race of golems that are almost completely covered in cloth. Only their face is not covered and it is shrouded in shadow. Only two yellow eyes stare out of the darkness. They have a strong control of magic, especially black magic.

Humans: Don't ask me to explain this one.

Cremiere: A race of humanoids with long thin tails and pointed faces. They are supreme jumpers and powerful warriors. A derogatory name for them is "rat face".

Anthropomorphic : You may be a cat person or whatever. The Viera and Bangaa both fall into this category.

Moogle: A race of small, furry humanoids. They all have wings, a tail, and a brightly colored pom pom that hangs off their head likes an angler fish's bait. They often say 'kupo'. For some reason, they are especially adept at creating and wielding machinery.

Others are, of course, accepted. Rarities or uniques such as Genomes or constructs will be judged on a case-by-case basis.

CS

Name:

Race: (See http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Races)

Job: (Read 'class'; See http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Job)

Appearance:

Special Possessions:

Special Abilities: (If you are an avatar, this is the place to note it)

Personality:

Background:

Accepted:
Karo- Aureli Stone(Human; Thief; Avatar of Bahamut)
The Master Incarnate- Vincent (Altered Human; Dark Knight)
BradaoOfCartha- Lunpe Freefall (Crimean; Blue Mage)

Notes about this RP:

This is a kind of experiment. I will only involve myself when necessary. If you feel like you need another character, you may create one. However, if you just need a minor role filled, create a NPC. I will begin a list of NPCs. Later on, if you need something, scan the list. If you can't find someone that fills your need, create a new NPC using the CS template. It doesn't need to be anywhere near a PC's CS but it should encompass what that NPC is. If you allow me, I will complete it later on following your start.

Posts do not, I repeat, not need to be more than one paragraph. They can even be one sentence. That's right, one solitary sentence. If you wish to simply get your point across, you can use one sentence. If you feel more detail is needed, include more. Make it as long as you wish it to be. There is no '2 pages double spaced 12 point font' requirements here.

Not only do I wish for the RP to grow, I wish for the world it involves and the characters within it to grow. Develop relationships, do whatever. That is what this RP is about.
Last edited by Geomancer on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Re: Final Fantasy RP OOC *Sign-ups open*

NPCS
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Cornelia

GMancer

The World (Locations)

Chocobo's Forest- A pleasant, temperate forest. It's only inhabitants seem to be chocobos. Other monsters avoid it for some reason.
Last edited by Geomancer on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

GMancer

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:44 am

The World (Events)

GMancer

Postby Musicmac » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:54 am

WIP. :D

Character Sheet

Name: Mister Edward Daniel Clayton

Age: Most of his friends and acquaintances suspect that he is close to his early thirties, but he has actually turned twenty-three recently.

Race: Human

Job: Dark Dragoon ( Black Mage | Dragon Knight )

Appearance:
Edward stands at a good height of 5'11 with a seemingly thin build. His hair is trimmed short and jet black in color like his mustache. He has electric blue eyes which seem to literally electrify anyone he gives an angry glare. Out of view and under his clothing, a small thin scar runs across his back from shoulder to shoulder. The white healed flesh aches and throbs in pain whenever he is reminded of his accident during his childhood.

Whether at work or out for a walk, Edward is truly an odd sight to behold. Not only does he have a fondness for dressing himself in extremely formal clothing such as suits and vests of the gentlemanly sort, he also often fancies a pair of monocles on his face wherever he goes. How he even manages to see where he is going with a pair of magnifying glasses plastered on his face is beyond anyone's comprehension and they normally give up trying to make an explanation.

Special Possessions:
Armor of the Blood Dragon
The Thirteen Dragontails

Unique Abilities:
Dragon's Call
A unique spell created specially by Edward's ancestors, Edward is able to summon his weapons and armor from the Empty Dimension with only a single command known to only himself. The words are spoken in an old tongue, which is passed down through his family with each new generation of warriors.

Heart of Lightning

Lightning Storm

Personality:

Background:
Last edited by Musicmac on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
Listen.

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:56 am

Whatcha mean?

GMancer

Postby Musicmac » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:00 am

I was asking if there were any restrictions on what we could wear such as suits, animal skins, unnecessary monocles and etc.
Listen.

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:01 am

I don't see any reason I would object.

GMancer

Postby Asmodai » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:39 am

Does this RP only allow 1 person per god? Or could it be that a god has multiple avatars?
Mephobiac

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:42 am

Multiple avatars are allowed.

GMancer

Postby Karo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:11 pm

Will be posting a CS tonight. =D
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:07 pm

Music, you got the wrong idea from the word 'Job' (I'll go fix that). In FF, Job=Class. Here: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Job

GMancer

Postby Asmodai » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:14 pm

I only recognize like half of those gods...

are we able to take any 'job' from any FF game, or are you really only focusing on one specific game?
Mephobiac

Postby Musicmac » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:32 pm

When you mentioned 'Jobs', I thought you were talking about work in the town. :[
Time for a rewrite of my character.
Listen.

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:51 pm

@Az: Well, to be fair, most of them come from FF IX and you probably only recognize half because they are recurring.

Any job within reason

@Music: I can't find 'white dragoon'. Do you mean 'holy dragoon'?

GMancer

Postby Musicmac » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:30 pm

A White Dragoon is a hybrid class of White Mage and a Dragon Knight, it's very similar to Paladins where both of them can use minor white magic in battle along with their primary skills.

Also, what do you mean by Unique Abilities?
Are they skills like Heal and High Jump, or something else?
Listen.

Postby Karo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:56 am

[FINISHED]

Name: Aureli Stone

Job: Thief (Treasure hunter, she doesn't actually steal things from the people of Cornelia.)

Appearance: Aureli is a tall and willowy girl with ivory skin and long black hair. Even when pulled up into a high ponytail, the silky black mass hangs down below her hips. The ponytail is kept up by a skinny blue ribbon tied in a bow, with the ends hanging down to the top of her hips. Her face is round and well-shaped, with a slight point to her chin and nose, wide blue eyes and ears that stick out ever so slightly. Her preferred outfit is a black zip-up bustier with small buckle straps on it, she leaves it just a little bit unzipped so that the white liner shows and it reveals just enough cleavage for it to be mildly distracting. With it she wears simple black daisy dukes accented with a crimson-colored belt hanging diagonally across her hips. On her arms she wears long black cutoff sleeves, buckled to her upper arms by crimson bands the exact same shade as her belt. Only one accessory is layered over those sleeves, a simple leather cuff bracelet with a thinner strip of leather over the cuff. Along with that she wears a leather choker with a gold buckle and simple black leather boots.

Special Possessions: Aureli has two items she holds above every other find she has made. The first are her only weapons, her twin daggers. Needle sharp, shaped like spikes and without cross guards, the handles are wrapped in bright red leather. They were her first find in exploring the ruins outside of town, and have remained at her side ever since. The second is something that she keeps in her home, a small onyx statue of Bahamut, found on the day she became his avatar. Any other find she has ever made was sold to the citizens of Cornelia.

Special Abilities: Aureli is an avatar of Bahamut.

Unsealing the Gate: In addition to the enhanced attributes, Aureli's shoulders gain nubs of bones sticking up out the back and her ivory skin turns an ashen grey while her eyes turn crimson. Even though her attributes increase all over, she relies most heavily on speed and power.

Opening the Gate: The nubs on Aureli's shoulders go from bits of protruding bone to full out wings, large enough to give her the ability of low altitude flight. Her fingernails become claws and her teeth fangs, and her skin begins to harden into claws. She still relies on her physical fighting, but her attacks begin to burn like fire.

Entering the Gate: Aureli becomes a miniature of the great dragon, with shimmering black scales, great leathery wings, wicked fangs and claws, and the devastating Mega Flare. Her primal instincts take over, and she delivers a relentless assault until her opponent falls or until she collapses from the sky, completely exhausted.

Personality: Aureli is a strong and proud girl, the type who hates to accept help from others. Independent from others, she prefers doing things her own way, even if that makes her seem cold to others. But she is still kind enough to give help to those who need it. She enjoys taking care of others, she just feels as though she has trouble explaining herself to others, so she hardly talks to others of her own imperative.

Background: Aureli grew up in the care of her grandfather, after her mother died in childbirth and her father disappeared to wander the world. Because of that, she grew up apart from other children, and inherited her grandfather's headstrong and independent personality. Rather than try and play with the other children, the quiet little girl would wander off and explore the quiet streets around her home. She remained that way as she grew up, never feeling lonely, and learning to care for her ailing grandfather. He died just as the avatars disappeared, and that was when her wandering went to a whole new level. She began exploring the new ruins outside of town, squeezing in narrow corridors and scaling the crumbling walls all on her own. That was when she found her daggers, ad eventually met Bahamut. Her meeting with him was entirely by accident, when she grabbed the wrong piece of wall when climbing one of the great ruined towers miles away from any sort of help. As she fell through the open air, she heard the rush of great wings around her and a voice spoke to her, Bahamut offering to save her if she would become his avatar. Not ready to die, she agreed, and the pact formed, throwing her through the three gates to his power so that she could fly down safely. She passed out immediately upon landing, the sudden transformation exhausting her. She woke hours later, and returned to town to recuperate. She's not quite sure yet what being an avatar of one of the gods means, so she has lived her life like she always did up until this point, being very careful to not use the dangerous powers she had been given.
Last edited by Karo on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Vegedus » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:05 am

Name: Iria Sanctus

Job: Paladin

Appearance: Above all else (heh), Iria is tall. At seven feet, she towers over even the tallest men of her species. She has quite the intimidating presence, also being very muscular and good at making a condemning face. Her hair is long, straight and bright blonde, bordering on white, with grey eyes that have a weird intensity about them. There are also a couple of old, faded scars on her face.

She wears her armor (see below) most of the time, but in civil she wears a black and white robe with elaborate stripe patterns and the emblem of the Order on her chest.

(A bit of this, plus a bit of this, a little bit of this and of course this. Oh, wait, mostly this, actually.)

Special Possessions: Iria is in possession of three holy artifacts, a sword, an armor and a shield. The divine essence of Alexander lies in these, so Iria cannot use her avatar power without having them equipped. However, she is still a chosen one, so any thief that would try them would find them too heavy to carry, nevermind fight in.

Divine Retribution: The sword is fashioned as a double-edged two-handed claymore. It’s quite big, length just under two meters. The blade itself is also quite wide, with a clearly defined edge and glowing runes scribbled down the middle. A straight and flat cross guard gives the sword a cross-like shape. It represents Alexander’s justice and fury towards evil and bolsters the users offensive capabilities, both physical and magical.

Sacred Home: The shield is a massive, square tower shield. With their combined size, Iria cannot use both the shield and sword at the same time, so she only pulls it out to defend against attacks she can parry, such as big magic spells. It has a somewhat abstract motif inscribed into it, of a city made of tall, jagged, spires, supported by massive pistons and machinery underneath. It represents civilization and the need of the few to protect the many. It is meant to protect others, not one self. The shield is unbreakable, not even able to be dented by anything short of godly.

Stalwart Belief: The armor is a full body platemail and covers every inch of her body but the face. Like the whole set, it’s encrusted with elaborate patterns, and shines brightly silver, with accents of gold and black. It’s quite bulky with many overlapping sheets of metal and not especially feminine except for a slight curvature along the torso. It represents faith in one-self and one’s convictions.

There are also rumours that a fourth item exist, the Heart of Truth, which bestows healing powers, but it has long since been lost to the Order.

Special Abilities: Even for a paladin, Iria’s healing abilities are middling. She can cure a wound here or there and provide emergency aid, but it’s much more preferable to have a white mage around than rely on her. Instead, she specializes in offensive white magic, and have great skill with spells such as Holy, Purge and Banish. A lot of this, she got from the god which she is an avatar of, Alexander.

Unsealing the Gate: Iria add half a meter to her already impressive size and the armor becomes a great deal more bulky. It shapes changes a bit, making it more geometrical, instead of humanoid shape: Her gloves lose the individual fingers, becoming simply muffs, the lower legs turn into frilled, cone-shaped, massive iron and the helmet encompasses the entire face, even hiding her eyes behind a thin, black slid.

Opening the Gate: She grows again, now thoroughly intimidating in size. Her movements become quite a bit slower, but this is compensated for by massive strength. Blocking her melee attacks at this stage is pretty much futile. At this size she can easily wield both shield and sword at the same time, and these fuse into the armor, the shield covering her left arm from hand to below the shoulder and the lower right arm continuing into the blade of the sword. They very much become natural extensions of her limbs. The armour continues adding bulk, especially to her chest and lower legs. Mechanical and robot like features also start appearing, such as steam-producing pistons over joint

Entering the Gate: You guessed it, Iria grows even bigger, the exact size increasing for each time she enter the gate. Any resemblance to something even remotely humanoid or organic disappears, as she becomes a proper, mechanical giant. Unable to support the weight of the now huge upper body, she moves on all four now, though both arms and legs take the shape of massive pillars, or perhaps towers. Odd towers stick out of her back, making it look like a city rests there. Both sword and shield is incorporated into the armour, and instead of fencing, she relies of inbuilt weaponry. Her shoulders can fire arrays of homing lights and from her head an earth-scorching laser. The massive damage done by these attacks often necessitates protecting allies with her hulking body or ejected sheets of armour, controlled as if by magnetic forces.

Personality: Having been in the Order of the Cleansing Light all her life, Iria is in every way dedicated to their ideals. Concepts about upholding law and order and the eternal fight against evildoers are a central part of her world-view. She also has a human, however. While she can appear stodgy and and hard assed even in casual conversation, she’s capable of great kindness and loves a good joke, even if she could never tell one herself. She appears indifferent, but carries a deep passion about everything she does, feeling pity for those she kill, rather than hate.

These traits are fading, however. Iria has already called upon her avatar powers many times and is influencing her. She is losing her sense of empathy and mercy, occasionally being so filled conviction that she will let innocents suffer to pursue her goal. Iria has become aware of this change in herself and it scares her deeply. She can no longer tell which beliefs are her own and which have been implanted in her. Yet she must do her duty, and cannot give up her avatar powers for such selfish reasons. Instead, she searches for the Heart of Truth, hoping it will restore her humanity.

Background: Iria is an orphan and was adopted as a baby by a orphanage under the Order of the Cleansing Light, a church dedicated to worship of Alexander, the Holy Blade. There she lived a strict, but somewhat decent life, constantly being taught the values of a just and upright life. Yet, at around age twelve, she became something of a troublemaker, outgrowing the boys and frequently beating them up. When it was discovered that she actually had a talent for fighting and a spark of white magic within her, she was transferred to the militant division of the church. Known to train the best paladins across the realm, they were widely respected as law enforcers and monster slayers, though by some seen as fanatics.

Iria was indeed talented and prospered in her new environment. She made many friends and quickly rose through the ranks of the organization. The Order was more than a bunch of lawkeepers however; it’s true purpose to be a talent pool for potential avatars of Alexander. Iria was chosen as this avatar by the god himself, for her unyielding conviction and abilities as a warrior. This was of course seen as a great honor and it earned her great respect, but also distanced her from her former equals. Leading a delegate of the Order, they travelled the world, rooting out evil and bringing hope to the downtrodden. They even participated in large scale wars, defending small nations against ruthless imperialism. They often prevailed against impossible odds, gaining quite a bit of notoriety across the lands they travelled. Nevertheless, their numbers steadily decreased as Iria’s comrades fell in battle, while they only ever got farther from home, the fight against evil never ending. They were merely passing through Cornelia as the virtual end of the world occurred. What was left of Iria’s company was unmade by chaos.
Last edited by Vegedus on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Geomancer » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:10 am

@Music: No, it's more like abilities that are unique to your character. You've already made one.

@Vegedus: Though I shudder at the idea of being connected to an MMO, you are essentially correct. There is a main plot but I want the players to be able to develop their characters. If anyone wants, I can create a quest for them, use certain characters, or do GM things but I want them to be a part of things. Is that too ambitious?

GMancer

Postby Vegedus » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:39 am

Well, I wasn't sure if there WAS gonna be a main plot. I don't think it's too ambitious to have both a main plot and some freeform exploration of setting and character. I think it's too ambitious to have a main plot without GM involvement. Though you didn't say you weren't gonna be there at all.

Mainly, I just wanted to know how "final fantasy" it was going to be. If in style, or only setting.

Postby Geomancer » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:08 pm

I am going to try and have it in style but it will be a Final Fantasy setting at the very least.

GMancer

Postby The Master Incarnate » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:59 pm

Name: Vincent (This is an alias. Real name unknown)

Race: human

Job: Dark Knight

Appearance: Because he was genetically modified, Vincent’s body different from regular humans. Standing at 5’10, Vincent has short black spiky black hair, and dresses in a modified version of Dark Knight armour. Instead of full armour, Vincent wears only certain parts. He wears no shirt, but on his left shoulder he wears black shoulder armour. He wears his full lower armour however, covering his waist legs and feet. Due to the genetic modification however, Vincent’s right arm, from the elbow down, appears claw like, similar to this: Image The color scheme is different however. It is black, with the fingers a blood red. His face is covered in black markings, lines coming down from his forehead and splitting towards his eyes, ending together again below his cheek. His eyes are black with yellow pupils.

Special Possessions: A pendant with the picture of a woman and a girl in it. He always wears it around his neck, to remind him that he is not a shadow…somewhere, he has a past.

Special Abilities: While not an avatar, Vincent’s powers can rival that of one due to his genetic modification.

Dark Grasp: Vincent plunges his hand into the ground, and a giant shadow hand bursts from floor beneath the target, and crushes them in it’s grasp.

Genetic Strength: The manipulated genes in Vincent’s body cause his strength to multiply 5x regular strength. This allows Vincent to beat down opponents 3x his size.

Genetic Berserk: Vincent’s most powerful move, it is only activated when Vincent is pushed to his absolute limit. The modifications made to Vincent’s body causes his right arm to glow, causing the color, and material to creep up his arm, and surround his body, creating an armour like body. The markings on his face also spread and expand, creating a mask like appearance. At this stage, Vincent loses all sense of himself, becoming a pure machine of destruction. In this form he is able to create a large double-edged sword that can be thrown at high speeds like a buzz saw. The only way it can stop is if Vincent grabs ahold of it's hilt. The draw back of this power is, however, that once Vincent returns to normal, his body does not function properly, under a huge amount of stress from the transformation.

Personality: Vincent is a solemn character, preferring to keep to himself then be with others. However, his is far from hostile, and will always help others, putting them before himself many of the times. Haunting by the lack of memory he has, Vincent will sporadically remember some the experiments that he went through, unable to control when or where they will appear. Vincent hates those obsessed with power, as he knows very well what the price for power can be.

Background: Nothing about Vincent is known: His real name, where he is from, or just how he became what he is today. All Vincent remembers is waking up in an in in Cornelia. Someone had found him on the outskirts of town, and brought him to the inn. Remembering nothing, Vincent somehow knew all about his powers, and there risks. Being wary of this, Vincent built a house near the area he was found, and lived in solitude, only going into town for supplies and to help around.
Last edited by The Master Incarnate on Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"If...The Doctor can be young...and strong...then so can I. The Master...reborn!"

Postby Geomancer » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:14 pm

Nrgh... I'm sorry, but to me, it looks like you are picking and choosing from several characters. However, if you make it less obvious, we could do something. Let me talk about your character:

Name: Why does it have to be the exact same name? Can't it be just 'Vincent'? This comment isn't 'official' but it irks me.

Race: I see nothing in the CS that needs to be explained by genetic modification. Could I suggest simply marking it as 'human'? I mean, it is obvious he's been modified but that doesn't change his race.

Appearance: Do you mean on his left shoulder? His left shirt doesn't make much sense.

Special Abilities: Who is Vincent an avatar of?

So... the sword is thrown in a way to cause it to spin? What causes him to return to normal?

GMancer

Postby Vegedus » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:35 pm

Hm, upon reading the comment you made in the idea thread, it makes a bit more sense. You want your game to be less linear. To be driven by the characters rather than rail-roaded plot by the GM. I can respect that. That's often how I do things. I especially like the part about wanting people to want to do things. It's just that the games themselves are linear, with central stories, so I was wondering if you were gonna tie it together and give a central direction, or if the games were going to solely be about the characters and their disparate goals.

At any rate, I'm going to make a character when the throbbing in my head goes down.

Next

Return to Role Playing