Assess For Success

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Assess For Success

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:33 pm

Again, no idea. We've bounced the idea of time travel around before. Can't really see the point of progression in the comic if you send the heroes ahead into the future, or into the past. Basically to remove them from current events. I mean, it would work for the bad guys. But, not really leave much of a story until they could find a way to jump back. It is possible, and an interesting plot idea, but why would you need to test a bigger version of it?

Postby DemonFlower » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:50 pm

Yeah, that is true. I've been thinking it over in my head a lot which made me so unsure of that theory in the first place.
Beware of Chibi Taurus. O_O

Postby Xi-1 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:31 am

Ken Akamatsu already showed us what a 'remove from the timeline temporarily' device can do in the Negima manga when

Chao trapped Team Negi in Evangeline's diorama sphere long enough for her to complete her plan. The group then needed enough energy to get back using Cassiopeia, which Chao had initially given Negi in thanks for saving her before. She repeated it with the time trap bullets that Mana and the Chachamarus had,   

advancing those hit by a few hours without actually hurting them. So if all the heroes were advanced far enough and the Darkstar Council's plan was something that could be accomplished in a few hours, then this kind of thing would be good for them -- and force the Powerpuff Girls to try to get their hands on a time machine. Somehow, though, I thought the bomb was some kind of engine. Weird theory, right?

'Though Dexter probably has a time machine, and this time no DeeDee to mess it up.

Oh right, there was a question somewhere recently about whether or not Johnny Test was a CN character. Funny thing: he and Dukey are being added to the FusionFall MMORPG, which means that they are. But if Bleedman and BR had plans to include the Tests I'm sure we would have already seen Susan and Mary at the science fair -- I mean, Dexter offers them better competition than anyone else.
A Page Flipper

Postby Gato » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:47 pm

I agree with the consensus that the bomb definitely has something to do with "time", considering it's shape and such. Though I'm also lost as to what they might want to use it for. Perhaps to freeze the current population in time so the beings from the dimensional vortex can conquer the world with ease?
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby Xi-1 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Freezing an entire planet filled with heroes and villains would be an impressive feat indeed. Especially with a bomb that small. The only thing is that it does not make much sense, given the test occurred on the moon, which had the population of two (Bell and Gir), who were unaffected by its detonation.

Whatever the bomb is, I guess Blossom will be close to it if it goes off before she can deal with it.
A Page Flipper

Postby Xerxes » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:31 am

This bomb is much smaller than the one on the moon, although even the one on the moon didn't affect the entire planet. It's probably going to have effect only on the people inside the building.
Maybe the bomb is a teleporter? The one on the moon did disappear. It could be advantageous to teleport everyone to space, where many people would suffocate.
Sanity is like a parachute, just because I lost mine, doesn't mean I can borrow yours...

Postby CinCire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Tiny things can pack a punch. We'll see what happens with the bomb, if Blossom doesn't get there on time.
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."
John Lennon

Postby Dark Janet » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:00 pm

CinCire wrote:Tiny things can pack a punch. We'll see what happens with the bomb, if Blossom doesn't get there on time.
I totally agree. Bell has a poisonus bomb, I think. Still, the RRB will appear in midnight.
I am Dark Janet and I am the bounty hunter.

Postby Xerxes » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:09 pm

Dark Janet wrote:
CinCire wrote:Tiny things can pack a punch. We'll see what happens with the bomb, if Blossom doesn't get there on time.
I totally agree. Bell has a poisonus bomb, I think. Still, the RRB will appear in midnight.

I think it's a teleporter.
Also, where I live, midnight will come in 2 hours.
Sanity is like a parachute, just because I lost mine, doesn't mean I can borrow yours...

Postby Imosa » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Tiny things can pack a punch but never as big a punch as a similar larger thing. Also Blossom won't get there in time. If she did we wouldn't know what the bomb does and then the whole moon thing would be pointless.

Postby Xerxes » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:14 pm

Imosa wrote:

Tiny things can pack a punch but never as big a punch as a similar larger thing. Also Blossom won't get there in time. If she did we wouldn't know what the bomb does and then the whole moon thing would be pointless.

Some secrets should never be revealed...
Altough not in this case! :grin:

Postby CinCire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:19 pm

I'm hoping Blossom doesn't get there on time. All the talk about the bomb would be ruined if it wasn't shown.
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."
John Lennon

Postby Xerxes » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:39 pm

It'll probably go off. Not much the PPG can do about it. Bell pretty much kicked their butts. Unless all three of them fight her at the same time, there's not much they can do.
I do believe Bell is a robot for 2 reasons:
1. She can breathe in space (or she doesn't need oxygen)
2. http://bleedman.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d34saim

Postby Imosa » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:46 pm

Xerxes wrote:It'll probably go off. Not much the PPG can do about it. Bell pretty much kicked their butts. Unless all three of them fight her at the same time, there's not much they can do.

1. The PPG can breath in space as well.
Bleedman wrote:This is what I originally conceived Bell to be
Implying it isn't what she is now. Honestly people don't read captions when linking to DA submissions.

Postby Xerxes » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:58 pm

Imosa wrote:
Xerxes wrote:It'll probably go off. Not much the PPG can do about it. Bell pretty much kicked their butts. Unless all three of them fight her at the same time, there's not much they can do.

1. The PPG can breath in space as well.
Bleedman wrote:This is what I originally conceived Bell to be
Implying it isn't what she is now. Honestly people don't read captions when linking to DA submissions.

1. What? When?
2. I do read it. Can anyone confirm he really changed his original idea?

Postby Imosa » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:44 pm

Xerxes wrote:1. What? When?
2. I do read it. Can anyone confirm he really changed his original idea?

1. The Movie. Good times. lol also talking in space. A lack of oxygen is such an inconvenience.
2. No, but the wording is pretty strong.

Postby CinCire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:34 pm

I'm hoping he didn't change his idea. Bell is awesome. She might even be an android.
John Lennon

Postby epicninja123 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:59 pm

i know the swirly eye topic has already passed but i DID say "if"
meaning that it did not happen.
HA! signatures are stupid.

Postby Xerxes » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:04 am

Bell is the only character in this comic who never showed any signs of blood, hunger, ilness or discomfort from... well... lack of oxygen? Heat or cold?
Imosa wrote: Good times. lol also talking in space. A lack of oxygen is such an inconvenience

If they wouldn't need oxygen, Blossom wouldn't have almost died, when Mandark flooded her.

Postby Xi-1 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:50 am

Having lungs filled with water is different from breathing in zero-air environments. Filled lungs, and all that.

Midnight is currently a long ways away in the story, Janet. This is happening during a science fair, after all. I do believe the chances of a Rowdyruff appearance have also just sunk to -250% assuming every time someone asks for them their appearance will be stalled by one or two pages. Because I sometimes think it terms THAT evil.

While the bomb itself is small, the power source was 'ported in as an external unit to avoid accidental detonation. Also, strategic placement of the bomb implies the Darkstar Council's plans would not go off well if you just put it anywhere. At the same time, though, putting it in the ground means you're putting it where there aren't any people.

I kind of wonder what Michael Morningstar (Darkstar from 'Ben 10: Alien Force' would say about the Council's name. Would he even be able to put up a good fight if it came to that?
A Page Flipper

Postby Imosa » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:14 am

Xerxes wrote:If they wouldn't need oxygen, Blossom wouldn't have almost died, when Mandark flooded her.

Ya, that's a good point I guess, although it is possible to explain.

Xi-1 wrote:While the bomb itself is small, the power source was 'ported in as an external unit to avoid accidental detonation. Also, strategic placement of the bomb implies the Darkstar Council's plans would not go off well if you just put it anywhere. At the same time, though, putting it in the ground means you're putting it where there aren't any people.
When was a power source ported in?
Clearly the bomb's explosion isn't affected by matter, such as a the earth. If that's the case then putting the bomb lower into the earth would serve to create a larger affected radius if the bomb exploded in sphere... which I doesn't. I dunno. I'm thinking some time effect too. I hope the test bomb makes another appearance.

Postby Xerxes » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:34 am

Maybe the bomb opens a time portal & Dr.X plans to sink the science fair underground, when the portal will appear there?
Xi-1 wrote:While the bomb itself is small, the power source was 'ported in as an external unit to avoid accidental detonation.

Ported in? When? The bat-robot guy said "Make sure that the central power array is pouring all, all of it's power into the bomb.". Wouldn't that mean that the bomb's power source is in some remote location? Like the moon? Maybe?

Postby Dark Janet » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Xerxes wrote:Maybe the bomb opens a time portal & Dr.X plans to sink the science fair underground, when the portal will appear there?
Xi-1 wrote:While the bomb itself is small, the power source was 'ported in as an external unit to avoid accidental detonation.
Ported in? When? The bat-robot guy said "Make sure that the central power array is pouring all, all of it's power into the bomb.". Wouldn't that mean that the bomb's power source is in some remote location? Like the moon? Maybe?
I dunno, but we'll see about that. Besides, this bomb is poisonous.
I am Dark Janet and I am the bounty hunter.

Postby DemonFlower » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:52 pm

CinCire wrote:I'm hoping he didn't change his idea. Bell is awesome. She might even be an android.

It was said that Bell was first created as a gyonoid but Bleedman didn't like the idea so they made her into a real Powerpuff. She is still a gyonoid in one of Griddles fanfics though.

@Dark Janet: There was no mentioning or hint that the bomb is poisonous in the comic. If they are to use it against the girls then the bigger one would have killed Bell while she was on the moon.

Edit: I think that the bomb from earlier could be acting as a power source to smaller one and yet it still doesn't explain the disapperence. Unless it turned invisible or something to avoid any further detection and suspencion from the goverment. I'm more of a wait and see kinda of person anyway so that's all I want to say off my mind right now.
Beware of Chibi Taurus. O_O

Postby CinCire » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:25 pm

DemonFlower wrote:It was said that Bell was first created as a gyonoid but Bleedman didn't like the idea so they made her into a real Powerpuff. She is still a gyonoid in one of Griddles fanfics though.

Thanks for the clarification!
John Lennon

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!