Mortal Kombat: Aftermath. Round 1! (IC)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Mortal Kombat: Aftermath. Round 1! (IC)

Postby Ro Wong » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:30 pm

{Temple Roof}

Shaun grinned as he listened. It had been a while since he last met another man...male who had a similar sense of humor to his own. "Oh, you are a quick one... But nothing of the sort." He gave a slight chuckle as he lifted his hands out and lightly shrugged. "He's just an old man who happened to fly into a structural pillar while we were nearby. And my lady friend has a...love for healing. Butterflies in the stomach and all that, I think."

Shaun looked aside, glancing to the advancing Tarkatan forces and their leading figures. "You with the furries and the plague to all dentistry? Nice company, that." He then froze and immediately turned back to Krim. "Wait... Are you Walt Disney? Are you finally taking over Pixar? Cause that looks like a very hostile takeover you have there."
Demon of Elru

Postby Zelosse » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:41 pm

(Temple roof)

"Oh don't make me blush, now." He waved off the compliment with another snicker. Good company was so hard to find these days, and even harder to bring under ones personal ambitions. It could be done but it was usually more effort than it should be.
That said, a strong healing arts were about the woman below and she clearly had a very strong bodyguard if he didn't tense up at the events surrounding them. Advantageous to his future plans? he thought so. Nobody likes wasting useful pawns and a goody goody with powerful magic was hard to come by, harder to protect.

"I'm afraid not. I happened to be strolling through this wonderous little temple on my way to a picnic when i discovered you all in terrible danger. That shuriken in the old mans leg? My fault. The Shuriken in the big things eye? My fault." Krim rubbed his chin a moment later, trying to properly word his response to Shauns comment about the Tarkatan's and came to a quick conclusion.
"Walt Disney wouldn't show the freaks off first, he'd probably make them cute and fuzzy before turning INTO what we have now. I'd be lieing if I said I hadn't thought about a similar plan." Slapping his knee and giving a snicker, in reality he had activated his left thighs compartment to ready his knife. Better safe than sorry, some people don't appreciate having stuff thrown at them.

Postby Vegedus » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:40 am

While Koroza was most accustomed to fighting alone, and had some measure of pride in this, he could not but help appreciate the assistance. He gave an nod of appreciation to the girl as he realized what she did, and now being in both their debts, had no problem with having to protect her. For while Shaun was fooling around on the roof, the threat of the goliath was still very real.

It had sustained more damage from the shuriken bomb than any of the little party, but it was recovering at the same rate as Koroza, both rising to face each other, some ten meters apart, underneath the shade of the temple.

"Girl, stand aside." he commanded, pointing to a shadowy alcove in the temple, whilst keeping his eyes locked with the now-one eyed creature. With the pain reduction, he was confident he could fight on, but another hard hit might prove fatal. Assuming a battle stance, he was determined to let it come to him this time.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:00 am

The Goliath suddenly spilt vertically in half as Kakoshu became visible again standing in a position that looked like he had just slashed the creature from behind. "That worked out well." Kakoshu said as he turned back to the ninja, "you're welcome, now if you dont mind I'm getting out of here before that cyber lin kuie notices me." He then disappeared again and was off into battle, "one down." he said to himself.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Belwicket » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:11 am

Kong Surou: Goliath?

Surou had seen the big monster and, without much thought, began running headstrong into battle, her flying blades chopping up any enemies that got too close.
With a telekinetic push, she leapt over the head of the huge monster just in time to see the goliath fall in half. She stopped herself in mid air and dropped to the ground to see a man disappear into battle, her back to the healer and old man.
"What just happened?" she asked the pair behind her, staring at the halves of the huge monster.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:43 pm

~ Yin Jing ~
~ Temple of Light, roof to alcove ~

Shaun's humor got a look from his charge that said I won't argue with your humor, but you know I think it's crude and out of place. The tail end of her silent communique softened, though, and favored him with a half-smile. Krim's quip about her being Shaun's future wife brought color to her face, and she opened her mouth to call out a retort, but Shaun was ever the more witty of their pair, and she firmly closed her mouth, resolving to let him deal with it.

She turned back to Koroza, biting the inside of her cheek, and caught his eyes as he called up to her. She nodded decisively and retrieved a couple more of her slim needles from her boot before she glanced about to ascertain that there would be no one targeting her. Once satisfied that she'd be safe, she turned her attention to getting to the shadowed place of presumed safety that the old warrior had pointed out.

“Be careful, Lăo xiānshēng!” she called fleetingly back to Koroza. She didn't need to give such a demand to Shaun. She well knew that he wouldn't do anything to get himself hurt beyond her repair.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Vegedus » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:13 pm

As soon as she had gotten in, however, the danger was gone, as the Goliath was cleaved in two. "Hmph, spoilsport." Koroza muttered under his breath, as the Lin Kuei ran into battle once again. "Well, the young warrior clearly has skill, by the looks of it." he said, turning to face Surou, that had also hastened to aid. There was still plenty to be, even if they were now a somewhat safe distance away from it.

He pondered for a moment. He was charged to protect the young girl with the medical skills, but he could not afford to withdraw from the battle. Raiden and the other veterans were probably in trouble, judging by how he had not seen them in a while in the chaos. He could take her with him, perhaps to make use of her abilities, though it might be safer to leave her hidden. Though leaving her behind was hardly protecting her.

Luckily, he had other resources available to him... Making several, odd handsigns in front of him self, and not many moments after, Yin Jing could feel a presence near her. Nodding for Surou to come with him, he headed back to the temple plaza, hacking down tarkatan warriors along the way. Their numbers were beginning to dwindle from the heroes combined efforts, so it was time to take the bosses on again. Just a bit less hasty this time.

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:09 pm

{Temple Roof}

Shaun watched Krim closely for a moment, still smiling. "Heh... Well, I wouldn't say either side was in any greater danger just yet, since things just got started." He gave a slight shrug while looking out over the battlefield. "Anyway, seeing as you attacked someone on both sides... Do you not want to help, or do you not want to fight? Your intentions are thus far rather vague..."

Shaun then looked aside and noticed Yin Jing's blushing as she was still watching everything from a corner of the roof. He lightly grinned and shook his head. He'd have to tease her and joke about that sometime later, when they weren't in a battlefield.
Demon of Elru

Postby Belwicket » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:42 pm

Surou nodded back and began following the man, wanting nothing more than to kill the demons who have wronged so many people. Any of the Tarkatan that ventured too close as she was running met a flaming or electric blade in their head or chest. She saw something (an arrow?) flying at the man's head and, without thinking, used her telekinetic abilities to push him out of it's path.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Telekinesis? That ability ought to come in handy, Koroza thought to himself, as he got up on his feet and gave Surou a nod of acknowledgement. He was gaining some measure of respect for the small team Raiden had put together. Earthrealm still had it's fair share of heroes left after all.

Finding the Lin Kuei warrior and locking eyes with him, he beckoned him too, to follow him in the charge towards the bosses, while remaining in motion and cutting down tarkatan with quick, bloody arches of his tanto.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Kakoshu nodded to the ninja, though he was taught to despise ninja, he too had gained respect for him. Kakoshu had already devised a plan on how to take down a majority of the forces and the other goliath, should anyone be ready. "Old ninja, jump onto my hands!" he said as he made his hands shape like he was going to throw him over a large wall. This would be a fine combo if the ninja listened, "Ready your weapons too."

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Zelosse » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:50 pm

(Temple roof)

"That's the idea of it all, you're a smart kid so I assume you understand a rogues need for survival. Don't take it personally, but I'm not fighting for the good guys." With a shrug, Krim pointed at the large centaur and then the now dead Behemoth with little physical changed to his posture or voice before carrying on with his speech. "That said, not throwing my hat in with the 'bad' guys just yet either."

Rubbing his chin, Krim had a sudden thought. "I understand you're something of a hotshot combat expert, those odd sprouting weaponry don't just come from bloodline alone, so what if I said there was something on the good guys team that interested me. Would you accept me into your little 'group' without asking what it is or will you fight me to try and beat the information I'm withholding?"
In the blink of an eye his twisted dagger was snatched out of the thigh compartment and in his hand, the strong spiked guard and the slithering look of the blade certainly had all the traits of an assassin but the way he held it said otherwise.
It was time to see which side was really worth fighting for at the moment.

Postby Vegedus » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:55 am

Koroza smiled to himself as the Lin Kuei bossed him around. Young people. They always get so excited once they get a bit of blood on their sword. He grabbed four shurikens from under his kimono, wedging them between his fingers on his left hand, the tanto firm in the other. He ran over towards Kakoshu, jumped on his hands and was immediately sent flying. He folded his body in tight, as to control his trajectory, and waited for the warrior to make his move.

Postby Belwicket » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:12 am

Surou watched the old ninja get thrown high and, with the assistance of her telekinesis, was not far behind. Seeing the other goliath, she let her chakram burst into flames and, after the old man threw his shuriken, her blades went flying towards the giant monster.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:52 am

Kakoshu was glad everything worked out like he planned. so far. Kakoshu then made a spiraling ball of wind in his hands, jumped up, and launched the ball at the old ninja, which would send him spiraling straight for the centaur and the goliath through the Tarkatan horde at an amazing speed. When Kakoshu landed, he created two buzzsaws of wind in his hands. He then sped forward with the wind keeping him just above the ground, as he slashed tarkatans left and right also heading straight for the centaur, about half a second before Koroza.

Postby Vegedus » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:50 am

With the extra momentum added, Koroza threw the shuriken, burrowing deep in the flesh of both the centaur and the goliath. But it was still just a distraction. The real blow was Koroza's fist, burrowing itself into Mutano's face with all power of tank slug. Cracking noises arose as the nose and much of the skull began caving in from the sheer pressure. But he was not quite done yet.

Dodging a punch grom the goliath, Koroza did a sideways jump onto the torso of the goliath, stabbing it where it's throat would have been, if it had a head. While holding onto the blade, but not pulling it out, he jumped down behind the creature, using his weight to making nasty wound from it's neck and down, before retreating a safe distance to let the two other FINISH THEM.

Postby Ro Wong » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:37 am

{Temple Roof}

Shaun watched as Krim took out a dagger from a hidden compartment. He grinned a bit, remembering that he had heard a slight click earlier. No he knew what it had been for. He would be cautious to listen for such a sound again later on... "As much an awesome well of hotshot expertise as I am, I also know that the more help we have, the better our chances of success. Besides, as long as we get our goal, I don't see why it would matter if you were doing it for different reasons."

Shaun looked over to Yin Jing, smiling a bit more genuinely. "Besides, my friend there dislikes violence. So, not only would us fighting cause her to be unhappy. It'd also mean making her use more energy and time healing one of us as best she could." He crossed his bare arms and gave Krim a smirk. "So the peaceful route seems more interesting to me. At least, for now, anyway."
Demon of Elru

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:29 pm

After Koroza jumped back, Kakoshu knew what tho do. He got in close to the Goliath and sliced it's arm off with the wind buzzsaw, then as the creature backed up, from pain of both the stab and the cut off arm, he slashed the creature across the mouth, giving the ear-to-ear grin as it stood there. Kakoshu then spun and threw both buzzsaws at the centaur, should they hit they would tear off the centaurs human body from its horse body and slice the horse body in half. If this worked the battle would probably be won, since there was only a few dozen tarkatans left.

Postby Belwicket » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:48 pm

Surou smirked as she glared at the giant monster. With merely a thought, her weapons began glowing with light blue sparks. "Watch out!" she yelled, waiting for the ninjas to get out of the way before throwing the electrified chakram straight into the Goliath's chest.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Glacier » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:31 pm

(Temple of Light - Walls)

Glacier didn't wait to see if his shots hit or if he'd hit anyone foolish enough to rush the invading army head on from their starting point so far out from the temple. He simply continued to lay down volley after volley of jagged ice missiles upon them. The projectiles that missed would only serve to slow them down, but by the time they reached the Shaolin Temple, the bulk of the horde would be trimmed to reasonable numbers. Others would be maimed and more akin to lambs to slaughter than fierce Takartan warriors. Glacier stayed by the temple defense systems, ready to activate them when the invasion force actually reached them. To slow them even further, Glacier began to prepare a few traps of his own to help bolster the temple defenses. These bastard would rue the day they decided to take Earth by force. He was going to personally see to it.

Previous

Return to Role Playing