Gallifrey: Time Academy (OOC) STILL OPEN | Still Alive!

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Gallifrey: Time Academy (OOC) SIGN UPS NOW OPEN

Postby sam4books » Mon May 30, 2011 2:14 pm

"What is this 'basketball' that you speak of?"
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Archrival » Mon May 30, 2011 2:16 pm

Oh human pastime, the players of it are very tall and as you know Sontarens aren't.

*Eyes Brax before speaking these next words*

"I've been studying records of them, and their protector."
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon May 30, 2011 2:17 pm

Look kid, we can argue about whether or not I'm using a form of energy or force that defies all laws and logic of the universe, but I'll admit to using another type of magic. The magic in here. *Pokes wattles chest.*

Now do you want to see someone sawn in half or not?

Also, while Sontaren's may not have height, what they do have is acceleration. It's scary as hell, seeing one of them suddenly rise up into the air in front of you.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby sam4books » Mon May 30, 2011 2:20 pm

*begins looking nervous*

"I'd rather be in one piece thank you."
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon May 30, 2011 2:24 pm

Alright then, how about I give you a gun and I'll catch a bullet in my teeth.

*Expressionless eyes on bandages stare coldly at him.*
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Mon May 30, 2011 2:26 pm

Uh, Ah don' zink zat is a good idea, sur. Ah'll razer be sawwed.

Postby sam4books » Mon May 30, 2011 2:28 pm

*stares suspiciously back*

"Why, I can't see why someone like you would want to put yourself in danger like that. How about a nice comedy act instead?"
In passing

Postby Asmodai » Mon May 30, 2011 2:28 pm

When suddenly,
Daleks come
Everybody dies
The end
Mephobiac

Postby sam4books » Mon May 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Except for George, who is the sole survivor.
In passing

Postby Asmodai » Mon May 30, 2011 2:31 pm

Whenever I see that little thumbnail of Brax, I imagine Andrew Ryan
Mephobiac

Postby Doctress Who » Mon May 30, 2011 2:31 pm

Asmodai wrote:When suddenly,
Daleks come
Everybody dies
The end
I like this ending. I might use that.

*Makes a note*
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Mon May 30, 2011 2:34 pm

Asmodai wrote:Whenever I see that little thumbnail of Brax, I imagine Andrew Ryan

Funny, I think of the rich guy from this movie.

Doctress Who wrote:
Asmodai wrote:When suddenly,
Daleks come
Everybody dies
The end
I like this ending. I might use that.

*Makes a note*

Still not better than the classic "rocks fall" ending.
In passing

Postby Asmodai » Mon May 30, 2011 2:54 pm

We can improvise....

Daleks fall
Everybody dies
The end

There, much better
Mephobiac

Postby sam4books » Mon May 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Indeed.

A classic.
In passing

Postby sam4books » Mon May 30, 2011 7:34 pm

FINISHED!!!

Sorry if it's a bit long. I took some liberties with the Dalek invasion.
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Mon May 30, 2011 9:34 pm

WATTLES! D':
I love all the details you put into there. That is excellent. And it made me laugh in places too.

ACCEPTED.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Mon May 30, 2011 9:45 pm

YAYZ.

I'm glad :3
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Mon May 30, 2011 10:45 pm

This turned out to be a longer CS than I expected but...OH WELLZ.

Name: Leela
Full Title: Tutor Leela
Declares herself as “Leela, Warrior of the Sevateem”

Nicknames: “Savage”

(It’s thought that under ordinary circumstances, Leela would have died of old age by now, but living on Gallifrey so long amongst so many Time Lords has actually slowed the aging process. Apart from the odd aged line or two around the face, she is as fit, young and healthy as the day she first arrived on Gallifrey).

Race: Human (Primitive)
Homeworld:
An unnamed Planet, belonging to two tribes of regressed humans.
Gallifrey (adopted)

Appearance:
Picture references:
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/Doctresswho/Gallifrey/tumblr_lgsj1xxl571qgn3ano1_500.jpg
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/Doctresswho/Gallifrey/Doctor_Who__We_Who_Stayed_by_onegemini.jpg
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/Doctresswho/Gallifrey/tumblr_lkox55m2pv1qjzvt0o1_400.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20051120153530/tardis/images/thumb/1/10/Leela.jpg/323px-Leela.jpg
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/Doctresswho/Gallifrey/cb8db85058c786bc-1.jpg
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/Doctresswho/Gallifrey/d4-4r-009.jpg
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/Doctresswho/Gallifrey/Leela_holds_Andreds_hand.jpg

Standing at 5’6”, with slightly tanned skin, shoulder-length brown hair and deep brown eyes. Despite being on Gallifrey for so long, she refuses to wear their Time Lord clothes, and instead wears the animal skins and clothes of her tribe with practical, tough, knee high boots which are good for running in. Sometimes she will wear a travelling cloak over the top of her outfit, particularly if she decides to wander around outside.

Personality:
“Before I die I’ll see this rat hole ankle deep in blood! ...That is a promised thing.”

While Romana is a woman of intellect and sophistication, Leela is a woman of instinct and raw emotion. In fact there could not be any two women more different, any more opposite.
Leela is a fighter, a warrior, a survivor. She prefers violent action over clever words and will kill/threaten first, ask questions later. She is as strong minded and persistent, but relies on her gut feelings and natural instinct to decide what is the right thing to do. Where others fight only to survive, she lives for the fight, for the hunt, for the kill. There is no happier time for her than when she is fighting, the blood of her enemies running freely through her hands. She does not fear battle; she relishes it. She is brave and strong, and passionate. She fights for what she believes in, and if someone crosses her, she is unlikely to show them mercy or forgiveness. Leela shows unswerving loyalty to her friends, and will protect them at all costs. But as for her enemies, she will swear to hunt them down and kill them without any hesitation or remorse.

Many make the mistake of thinking that because Leela is ‘primitive’, she’s unintelligent. Indeed, Leela struggles with the complicated language the Time Lords use, she herself uses language in a strange and different way to others, and significant cultural differences usually make her look terribly naive (and not just with the Time Lords, but with other cultures too). She strongly believes in the supernatural, that there are gods who created nature, and will often mistake scientific concepts for magic. However despite this, Leela is actually highly intelligent. Once things are explained to her, she can grasp advanced concepts with ease, translating them into terms she can cope with. In fact Leela has an intelligence of a different kind, an instinctive and eye-opening kind that is sometimes overlooked.

Despite being a part of Time Lord Society for a considerable amount of time now, Leela has never really conformed or has ever fitted in, often feeling like a stranger and an outcast on Gallifrey. Her primitive ways have remained with her, despite all efforts to make her civilised. She’s certainly not the kind of person you could invite to dinner, or take to a formal do. Leela is wild, untameable and uncivil. She is blunt and says exactly what she thinks, is quick to judge, and will not take shit from anyone. Anyone who messes with Leela can expect to be pinned down with a knife to the throat before you can say ‘Savage’.

Equipment:
She has her own deadly knife which she is quick to use, and a small pouch which she uses to carry various herbs/plants.
Her weapon of choice is her knife, and Janis thorns (poisonous thorns which cause first paralysis and then death in the victim).

Leela is also in possession of the original ‘K9’ (K9 mark I), a robotic dog invented by a certain ‘Professor Marius’ in the Earth year 5000.

Powers: None, except for good intuition, and raw instinct. Her senses and reaction time are more heightened than that of the average Time Lord’s, and as a tribal warrior she is very strong and powerful for a simple human female.

Skills:
Fighting/Combat
Although Leela is for the most part primitive and untrained in combat, she has a significant amount of combat experience. What she lacks in training or prowess, she makes up for in stamina, strength, raw fighting passion and instinct, and in her natural skill as a huntress and a tribal warrior. From a very young age she has had to know how to fight and how to kill, and how to defend herself, and this shows. Her fighting style, unsurprisingly is very primitive and wild, but like any instinctive hunter, she knows where the weak points are, where she can do the most damage, how to use her opponent’s strengths against them, and what to look out for. Whilst she is used to handling basic weaponry, give her a gun or anything more sophisticated, and she’ll very quickly learn how to use it, and she will wield it without hesitation.

Insight -
Leela sees things in a different way and often provides a fresh outlook, picking up on things that other more intelligent beings such as Time Lords may completely miss. (It’s partly for this reason, that Romana requests her help in Presidential missions, finding Leela’s insight very useful on more than one occasion).

Skills of a huntress
It goes without saying that as a huntress, Leela is very attentive to the world around her, listening and watching out for the slightest of movements, noticing the tracks left by animals and people; all the small things that might be disregarded by others, Leela notices them. She has excellent skills in tracking, stalking and making sure no one can stalk or track her. She knows how to sneak up on an opponent and get as close as possible without them detecting her, and she can react quickly to attack. She also has very good survival skills, and knows a lot about nature. She knows which plants can heal and which can kill, and she can use such plants and herbs effectively.

History:
Leela, daughter of the human warrior Sole, was one of the Sevateem tribe (the name originated as a corruption of "survey team") descended from the Mordee expedition. The expedition had consisted of a group of humans colonising a planet, but something went wrong and at some point the expedition split in two parts. One part consisted of the expedition’s technical staff and the other of the survey team. The groups retrogressed into two tribes called ‘Tesh’ and ‘Sevateem’ respectively, neither tribes understanding their origins or what had happened when their ancestors had first landed on that planet.

Leela profaned the tribe’s god, Xoanon, and her father died for trying to defend her. Leela was exiled from her tribe, and happened to stumble upon the renegade Time Lord known as the Doctor. After an interesting adventure discovering the true cause behind the two retrogressive human tribes and solving the problem, Leela intercepted the Doctor and asked if she could travel with him. The renegade Time Lord said no, but apparently Leela didn’t take no for an answer, darting into the Doctor’s TARDIS after him and hitting the dematerialisation lever...much to the Doctor’s dismay.

And so Leela journeyed through space and time, encountering all kinds of things, including an Earth scientist called Professor Marius and his pet robot dog, K9. Marius gave the Doctor and Leela K9 as a parting gift, since he couldn’t take the robot back to Earth with him.

When the Doctor, appearing to have gone power-mad, returned to Gallifrey and applied successfully for the position of Lord President of the High Council of Time Lords, Leela still trusted him. Banished from the Capitol, Leela joined the Outsiders and helped to repel an invading force of Sontarans. Leela had in the mean time fallen in love with Andred, a Gallifreyan Commander of the Chancellery Guard, and when the Sontarans were defeated, Leela decided to stay on Gallifrey accompanied by K9.

Leela would spend the next few decades of her life in the Capitol. She and Andred were happily married (the Doctor missed the wedding, typically), and conceived a child together...however regrettably, Leela lost the child before it was born.
Disaster struck further, when Andred, now promoted to Castellan, went missing, presumed dead. During the time her husband was missing, Leela would meet, and serve as bodyguard and confidante to, Lady President Romana. Leela had wanted to join the Outsiders in the wild lands after Andred’s disappearance, however at Romana’s request she was rather unwillingly sent back to the Capitol to serve her President. Leela initially didn’t get on with Romana, and the two women could not have been more different. However, they both had one solitary thing in common; they both knew the Doctor. This brought them together, and as time went on, the two of them became good friends.

Leela would get drawn into Time Lord power plays and conspiracies while working on Presidential missions with Celestial Intervention Agency operatives Torvald and Coordinator Narvin. (Two people whom she despised and didn’t get on with at all, unsurprisingly). During these missions, Leela discovered that Torvald had caused Andred's death, but (wait for it)...it was later revealed that Torvald was in fact...a regenerated Andred. Long story short, the CIA Agent known as Torvald was killed, and Andred, having recently regenerated, had taken on Torvald’s identity to cover up the fact that he, Andred, had murdered the CIA agent.

Leela still is coming to terms with the fact her husband is still alive...and she has not forgiven him for his deception. The truth having come out, Andred is currently under arrest, and Leela refuses to go and talk to him, despite desperate requests from her husband to see her.

Feeling that Leela needs something more positive and constructive to focus on, Braxiatel and Romana have suggested to Leela the idea of teaching at the Time Academy. Leela was taken aback by the idea, uncertain of what an uneducated human such as herself could possibly teach the Time Lords of the future... Apparently, Braxiatel and Romana felt that, as an off-worlder who has lived for a long time on Gallifrey, Leela could share her experience on how to adjust to Time Lord Society, and help bridge the gap between the Gallifreyan and Non-Gallifreyan students.

Leela has, rather hesitantly, accepted the position as tutor at the Academy, and starts teaching at the beginning of this coming Semester.

Theme:
”Wild Dances” – Ruslana
“Dance with the Wolves” – Ruslana
“Heart on Fire” – Ruslana

Ruslana songs just suit Leela so well.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Mon May 30, 2011 10:55 pm

Wattles will forever be afraid of Leela.

Foreverrrrrr.
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Mon May 30, 2011 11:14 pm

sam4books wrote:Wattles will forever be afraid of Leela.

Foreverrrrrr.
Hahahah.

I wouldn't be surprised. She even scares Narvin.

^
Btw, this artist is awesome.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Mon May 30, 2011 11:16 pm

Hahaha xD That's rich.
In passing

Postby Ro Wong » Mon May 30, 2011 11:18 pm

Reminds me that I will need to do some fresh art for Shiro. I haven't done anything for him in...years, I think. XD
Demon of Elru

Postby sam4books » Mon May 30, 2011 11:20 pm

I also need to draw Mimir :0
In passing

Postby Ro Wong » Mon May 30, 2011 11:22 pm

Hmm... I know Shiro intricately, so I might get some sketches of him done quick.

Want me to do Mimir? *blinks* ... Oh... Mimir doesn't wear a hat, right? I almost never do hats properly, except top hats.
Demon of Elru

Postby sam4books » Mon May 30, 2011 11:27 pm

Nope. No hats.

He generally looks almost exactly like Wattles, except he spikes his hair up and it's a tad bit a darker shade of brown (look to the right at the faded picture for an example of Wattles' real hair, and consider the shade of his eyebrows for the shade of brown).

His style of clothing is also more along the style of colonial pirates, and fairly more rugged than his cousin's.

Also, his eyes are blue.
In passing

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing