Animal Kingdom OOC.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Animal Kingdom OOC.

Postby Mathias » Fri May 27, 2011 10:21 am

Animal Kingdom

This is an rp involving anthropomorphic animals known as “Domestics” living alongside realistic animals known as “Wilds.” Various factions of Domestics vie for control over the Wilds, be it for persecution, food, or preservation. There is also an abominable organization that kidnaps Wilds and uses genetic experiments to turn them into abominable creatures called “Chimeras.”

There are various groupings of Domestics, dubbed “factions.” The following is a list and details.

UPW (or Union for Preservation of Wilds) - These are what you'd consider the "protags." They strive to protect their Wild cousins from other Domestics, believing in preserving and respecting their roots. All Domestics in this group who would be considered "predatory" have adapted an herbivorous lifestyle. They are led by a small turtle sage, aptly named "Kame." They are at constant odds with the other factions.

EoS (or Establishment of Servitude) - Domestics in this faction believe in the enslavement of Wilds. They primarily consist of Domestics who were considered “royalty” in the wild. The most prominent leader is a lion Domestic named “Leonydus.” Not all members of EoS may be affiliated.

Predators (or "Preds") - The collective group of Domestics who feast on Wilds. Most Preds are unaffiliated. They are mostly rogue and are collectively classified. These Domestics pose constant problems to ALL factions.

Insect Colonies - These vary from species to species. Each colony works independently and does not involve themselves in the affairs of the other animals. Other Domestics consider insects to be vile and unsavory, so they rarely work together. Some of the Domestic insects are ostracized from their colonies and are forced to form their own colonies with Domestics of like species. Other Domestic insects are oblivious to their evolutions and continue with their pre-evolution habits. Some insect Domestics may be considered Preds, but only those who have not been established within a colony.

Seafaring Domestics – They do not concern themselves with the affairs of land Domestics, maintaining their own "governments." When underwater, all aquatic Domestics use echo-location, regardless of their species. When above water, they speak the language of the land Domestics. This is the only way to tell an aquatic Domestic from an aquatic Wild, as only those aquatic Domestics who move to land grow arms and legs.

Airborne Domestics - Aid other land Domestics. Their instinctive natures may determine which faction they fall to.

Chimeras - Wilds who have been kidnapped and spliced into hideous atrocities, resembling portions of the animals they once were. These Chimeras are created by an unknown entity. A few Domestics aid this faction, kidnapping the Wilds for experiments and defending laboratories from the UPW. Examples of Chimeras would be beings like gryphons, hippogriffs, manticores, centaurs, etc.

The player’s role in this rp would be to aid in the affairs of the UPW. However, if you absolutely insist on working with another faction or going rogue, I’m sure something could be worked out.

Any species of animal is available, from flies to deer to whales.

Most Domestics have intelligence levels equal to that of human beings. The advancement level of the Domestics is fairly well advanced. Some have built structures of brick and others have even constructed small firearms! There is no defined form of “magic” in this world, though mystical things have occurred. Most Domestics rely on their brute strength or other natural skills in combat.

Complex sieges (and by complex, I mean buildings such as castles, labs, etc.) will be performed with Domestic commanders leading Wilds of like species (that is, species similar to that of the Domestic captain) into battle against opposing troops of Wilds or Chimeras. The commander position will be assigned to various players. Commanders will be instructed by a leader on strategies. They will be expected to perform these battle tactics and strategies, success being determined by the GM. To aid in this, all Domestics can speak in their Wild tongues. Meaning, a duck Domestic can speak to Wild birds of similar origin (such as geese, swans, cranes, other ducks, etc.). The primary objective of sieges would be to break through the hordes, allowing the attack party (which will be comprised of a handful of Domestics) to infiltrate the facility and seek its leader.

Battles with other Domestics or uber-Chimeras (Chimeras who are excessively skilled or powerful) will be performed using brute force and other skills, as mentioned previously.

Character Sheets:

Char’s Name-
Char’s Species-
Char’s Physical Traits (i.e., furry, feathered, scaly (and scale type: fish/reptile))-
Char’s Build (i.e., brawny, slender, agile, toned…)-
Char’s Natural Traits (brainy, crafty, sly, fierce, territorial, etc.)-
Char’s Personality (This is where you detail)-
Char’s Background (Why they joined the faction and their prior history)-

Re: Animal Kingdom OOC.

Postby Fummoffu » Fri May 27, 2011 5:05 pm

Manbearpig is real!

Seriously though, this is awesome Math.
I have a few questions though. Can we expect a kinda Kung fu Panda feel to this in terms of the sizes of the characters? I see this looking more toony than realistic.
Can you clarify whether domestics are the same size as wilds?
Ha Ha
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Fri May 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Thank you.
I suppose I imagine them being closer to Ninja Turtle-style anthropomorphs, so human-sized. But as with humans, they can come in varying sizes, so you could have a Donald Duck in juxtaposition to a ThunderCat. So basically they can be any size, and some could look cartoony while others could look pseudo-realistic.

Postby Fummoffu » Fri May 27, 2011 5:59 pm

Ah. Ok thanks for the info.
Reserving this spot for my CS.
Ha Ha
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Fri May 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Yeah, I guess I've left it pretty broad.

Everyone: Be sure to square it with me first if you wanna be anything outside of the UPW.

Postby Villain » Fri May 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Mathias I want to know if I can be an Insect for an insect colony. A dictator of sorts, a Slave Maker Ant, who believes that "Insects are the way of the future" and "Ants are the epitome of our new generation". Kind of like Hitler slowly conquerng and building up his empire through slavery, bullying, public relations, absorbing, or alliances. Not outright war with the UPW or EoS since they keep having peace talks and meetings but it's obvious that somethings brewing. I'm thinking about calling his empire the League of Insectoid Enterprisers of Slavery (LIES).

If not that then I'll stick with some other absurd creature I can dig up in my wierd n wild creature box like the Thorn Devil.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Mathias » Fri May 27, 2011 7:03 pm

Domestic insects are not as intelligent as other Domestics. They cannot speak and have limited brain capacity. What makes them "domestic" is their size and sometimes bipedalism. However, even though their brains are limited, they're not stupid. They can communicate with others through body language. But, they are not capable of complex thought processes or actions such as the ones you've described.

Postby Fummoffu » Fri May 27, 2011 8:16 pm

But if I'm an anteater I can still eat them right?
Ha Ha
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Fri May 27, 2011 8:18 pm

Not Domestics. They'd be too large for your narrow snout.

Postby Fummoffu » Fri May 27, 2011 8:21 pm

Ok then. I hope someone picks a slug so then I can kill them with salt...

I think I'm going to go with a Meerkat.

Or...

Ha Ha
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Fri May 27, 2011 8:32 pm

How tall or short are you considering?

Postby Fummoffu » Fri May 27, 2011 8:34 pm

Perhaps 3-4 feet tall.
Ha Ha
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Fievel » Fri May 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Soooooooo... is there a minimum/maximum height?
Offended.

Postby Mathias » Fri May 27, 2011 8:48 pm

No, I was just curious.

Although I wouldn't allow anything taller than a bipedal elephant. Or a bipedal whale, I suppose. Depends upon the animal.

Postby Fievel » Fri May 27, 2011 8:53 pm

So no rodents the size of skyscrapers spouting laser beams from their retinas, I presume? Fortunately that is not what I had in mind.

But a rodent being its usual size and carrying a Winchester rifle would be all right? I mean, I don't see why it wouldn't, and your wording hasn't really stated anything against it, but I like to make sure. Cuz, you know, I tend to miss things or overlook things by mistake.
Offended.

Postby Mathias » Fri May 27, 2011 9:23 pm

I had a feeling you'd be interested in this, even though I don't ever see you in this forum.

Postby Mathias » Fri May 27, 2011 10:46 pm

Characters which I will be using. Details kept minimal. You all should give more in your CSs.

Char’s Name- Kame
Char’s Species- Land Turtle
Char’s Physical Traits- 2 feet tall, has a beak, feet are round and flat, no hair.
Char’s Build- Short and stocky.
Char’s Natural Traits- Wise and a good leader, sticks to his convictions, very docile.
Char’s Personality- A good listener, can be stern and sympathetic.
Char’s Background- As with any Domestic, he suddenly achieved consciousness of his new state of being out of the blue. After seeing what other Domestics were doing to their wild counterparts, he formed the UPW to counteract them.

Char’s Name- Müse
Char’s Species- Moose
Char’s Physical Traits- 6 feet tall, antlered, muscular, hooved.
Char’s Build- Tall and ripped.
Char’s Natural Traits- Brawny and powerful, fiercely protective.
Char’s Personality- Friendly and dim. Has a habit of asking “eh?” Likes to talk.
Char’s Background- Kame found him shortly after they became aware and the two became close. Müse acts as Kame’s bodyguard.

Char’s Name- Jack
Char’s Species- Jackrabbit.
Char’s Physical Traits- 2 feet tall (without the ears), long, erect ears, legs and feet built for hopping.
Char’s Build- Short and thin.
Char’s Natural Traits- Heightened hearing, sharp eyesight, strong teeth.
Char’s Personality- Rambunctious and trigger-happy.
Char’s Background- A Domestic who discovered guns when he worked for another faction. Kame recruited him to protect the UPW from his craziness and hare trigger.

Postby Asmodai » Sat May 28, 2011 8:05 am

Interesting... But where are the fish?

Mephobiac

Postby Mathias » Sat May 28, 2011 8:17 am

As it says in the description, most live underwater and only some are land-dwelling.

Postby Mathias » Sat May 28, 2011 2:59 pm

I've been wracked with inspiration. Eager to get this started.

Postby Ryute » Sat May 28, 2011 7:32 pm

((Hope this is acceptable. Let me know if something needs to be changed.))

Char’s Name- Hideo Tsuki
Char’s Species- Wolf
Char’s Physical Traits- Hideo is about 5’ 7” tall; his body mostly covered in short black fur. The wolf had topaz eyes and multiple small scars all over his body due to childhood injuries. In terms of a human he appears to be around a 20 year old. Generally wears a dark blue shirt with short white sleeves and baggy dark brown pants.
Char’s Build- His body is toned but slightly on the skinny side
Char’s Natural Traits- As a wolf he has good hearing and sense of smell, making him good at tracking. Naturally protective of his “pack” and family making him weary of new acquaintances.
Char’s Personality- Hideo is a very cautious individual having been burned in the past by being too trusting. For some reason Hideo is naturally unlucky often tripping, causing accidents or getting himself seriously injured doing the simplest of tasks. He tries to overcome his luck issue through determination but somehow makes things worse. When he gets to know someone he is often very friendly albeit overprotective of his friends. Having the fierce determination to never give up, he always tries to achieve his goal of becoming an alpha type leader like he always wanted to in his original pack. Due to all the injuries he had suffered in the past and present on his body he can take all sorts of pain and blood loss before collapsing and can heal pretty quickly.
Char’s Background- When he was a Wild he was considered the worst beta of the pack due to his unlucky streaks. Despite his father being the leader or alpha of the pack he couldn’t live up to those standards. During hunts he would always scare the prey away or get left behind. One day he was fed up with being teased by the other members of his pack and went out for some fresh air by the lake. During the night by the lake he suddenly awakened and became a Domestic. With his new conscious thoughts and emotions he realized that he could no longer go back to his family as he was clearly different and wouldn’t fit in. Not having anywhere to go he wandered until he found a Domestic settlement. He was able to fit in better there not having to rely on his natural instincts and was able to communicate and feel happy when talking to other species. One day on a walk outside the settlement near his old Wild territory, he witnessed his sister and mother getting kidnapped right before his eyes and his father helpless to stop them. Saddened and feeling powerless to stop the kidnapping he decided to join the UPW. He did it not only to save his family but to prove to himself that he can become a success and one day show his old pack that he is competent and able enough to have been their alpha. When fighting Hideo prefers brute force hand to hand combat relying on metal claws on his front and metal greaves on his rear paws.

Postby Mathias » Sat May 28, 2011 9:15 pm

I can work with that.

Btw, I may change how the sieges work.

Postby Villain » Mon May 30, 2011 12:29 am

Mathias wrote:Domestic insects are not as intelligent as other Domestics. They cannot speak and have limited brain capacity. What makes them "domestic" is their size and sometimes bipedalism. However, even though their brains are limited, they're not stupid. They can communicate with others through body language. But, they are not capable of complex thought processes or actions such as the ones you've described.

Damn, I was really hoping to be a slave herding racist warlord by genetics alone............

Are dinousars acceptable?
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Mathias » Mon May 30, 2011 12:47 am

They are not.

Postby Fummoffu » Mon May 30, 2011 10:17 am

What is the time period for this RP?
Ha Ha
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Next

Return to Role Playing