One Piece OOC -Signups closed-

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: One Piece OOC -Signups open!-

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu May 26, 2011 1:44 am

And there we go, new Basic Bio, enjoy Zelosse.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Zelosse » Thu May 26, 2011 1:57 am

Saw right when you edited it. Cheers.
Accepted~

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu May 26, 2011 2:00 am

Excellent, and this time, I plan to start over so it should be fun. Now to look for a theme song that matches this Stitch& Sow.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Belwicket » Thu May 26, 2011 2:02 am

RuffDraft wrote:I'd like to reserve a brawler; I'm trying to think up a really great idea, but I'm having trouble with the ambitions, etc. I'll keep brewing on it.

EDIT: Oh, the Brawler position has been taken? Hm. Maybe I'll take the Cook, then. Either way, I'll come up with something.

There can be 3 Brawlers.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Zelosse » Thu May 26, 2011 2:05 am

I think I removed that 3 by accident. So far there is 2 spots left :D

Postby Belwicket » Thu May 26, 2011 2:09 am

Well, could you try to leave those open for when I finally finish Mikura and Kurz?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Zelosse » Thu May 26, 2011 2:25 am

Focus on one. Not both.

Postby Matthonius » Thu May 26, 2011 3:55 am

Name: Matthew Scott (also Known as, The Ogre.)

Position: Cook

Appearance: A young man. 20 years of age and standing 2,10 meters tall. he is quite skinny for sombody who eats almost anything he does have a strong muscle build. he is tanned, has brown eyes and black hair which is buzz cut for cooking convenience.
As far as clothing goes he doesnt wear much. just blue trousers and a Butchers apron. but most notable about his clothing is a metal gutplate strapped around his waist. his apron holds many hooks and pockets to keep ingredients at hand and his cooking utensils hang from his belt.

Weapons of choice: A cleaver the size of a grown man's leg, the name Emily is engraved near the hilt and a ribbon dangles from the top.
A flame-dial
(He is carefull never to use it onboard the ship he is currently working on.)
Also a Crack-Shot with cannons should the need arise.

Attack List Theme: Haute Cuisine
Slice and Dice: Matthew brings his cleaver down in a deadly arch to cut up his opponents.

Midnight Snack: Matthew Hits the opponent with the side of his weapon knocking them to the ground and stunning them, leaving them helpless to follow up attacks

The Grill: Matthew activates his flame-dial coating the area in front of him with deadly flame.

La Flambe:Matthew Can shoot controled balls of fire. Great against other ships as he can shoot through view ports. or at specific targets

Traits: Matthew is pretty silent usually keeping to himself, however he is extremely Loyal to his friends and allies. but anyone who stands in his way are mercilessly cut down.

devil fruits: None (they have no effect on him)

basic Bio: Matthew was born and raised in the kitchen. he was around food every day of the week and started cooking when he was 5 years old. Matthew loved cooking so much that he started to believe that his stomach was the most important part of him. So he ordered a Blacksmith to make him the best protection he could afford, a gutplate made from the best materials he could find. When he was 6 his little sister Emily was born and Matthew's father told him to always protect her and Matthew said that he would keep that promise until the day that he dies. life went on peacefully until a disaster struck on his 16 birthday. Matthew awoke to the sound of cannon fire and fighting. He immediately grabbed his cleaver and flame-dial and ran downstairs only to witness his parents being shot down by pirates. Rage flowed through him as he activated his flame-dial. The pirates were caught by suprise and burned alive. When he pulled his cleaver to attack the survivors he was hit upside the head with a cudgel as his world faded he could see the pirates dragging Emily away then everything turned black. When he awoke he silently picked up his weapons, engraved Emily's Name on his weapon together with her Hair ribbon, took whatever he needed and left.
4 years later and Matthew has traveled the world in search of the pirates that took his sisterworking on ships to pay for his travel, Matthew has learned the name of the pirate gang.
The Shades. the time of retribution was drawing near and Matthew was going to be the Executioner.

Goal: the Complete destruction of the pirates who kidnapped His Sister. And to bring her back home.

Heightend Attribute: Endurance. Matthew Has a tendency to eat anything that usually does not agree with your insides. This has given him a natural immunity to poisons. Also because of this Devil fruits do not effect Matthew.
Last edited by Matthonius on Thu May 26, 2011 7:21 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dragonborn Dragonborn, by his honour is sworn, to keep evil forever at bay
and the fiercest foes rout, when they hear triumph's shout.

Dragonborn for your blessing we pray, and the scrolls have fortold, of black wings in the cold
that when brothers wage war come unfurled, Alduin bane of kings, ancient shadow unbound
with a hunger to swallow the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50u0zUeCmU

Postby Zelosse » Thu May 26, 2011 4:14 am

6 foot something isn't an 'ogre' of a man. I'm willing to allow an 8 foot goliath though.
Flamethrower is not likely to exist, I will accept a flame-dial (Magic device-ish thing)

The cleaver is ok.

Postby Tuor » Thu May 26, 2011 4:24 am

Hmmmmm

I might throw together either a carpenter or a musician
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Matthonius » Thu May 26, 2011 4:30 am

he's called The Ogre because he can eat almost anything but maybe Cook-Cook sounds better.
also a flame-dial is also good

Dragonborn for your blessing we pray, and the scrolls have fortold, of black wings in the cold
that when brothers wage war come unfurled, Alduin bane of kings, ancient shadow unbound

Postby Rough Giraffe » Thu May 26, 2011 5:04 am

==WIP==

Name: George Roma / Hodo Hojo

Position: Brawler

Appearance: 5'5", 145lbs, short light-brown hair, scruffy facial hair, reddish-brown eyes, dark/olive complexion. Normally wears knee-length tan shorts, a blue short-sleeve unbuttoned button-down shirt, moccasin-style loafers, and black sunglasses.

Weapon of Choice: Whole body

Attack List Theme: Names of Rokushiki techniques / modified techniques

Traits: Disproportionately low confidence in his abilities, to the point of being needlessly humble, yet completely believing that what he says is true.

Devil Fruit?: None

Basic Bio: Originally an orphan from a land-locked city, George Roma was very ambitious, and good at sports. Despite his somewhat smaller frame, he was the top athlete in his class all around. When he turned sixteen, he joined the Marines, and found out how big the difference was between school and the real world. He was nowhere near the level of those around him. But he strived and strained, and even though he was a virtual push-over compared to the more muscular, better-built fighters, he excelled in skill, and he quickly gained mastery of the techniques, far ahead of his class.

Soon, the higher-ups took notice of him, and had him indoctrinated into the Rokushiki arts. The training tested his courage, resolve, and sometimes even his life, but as a result, he became exponentially stronger, and in a short number of years, he mastered the Tekkai, Shigan, Soru, and Kami-e. He knew the techniques to perform the other two, but could not master them before he left.

Strife came in the form of the covert jobs that the Marines began to send him on. His first job came when he had only learned two of the six techniques. He was the lowest-ranking of anyone there, and he knew his place. Which is why he didn't say anything when the Team Leader went back on a deal with a rum-runner while "bargaining" for the man's life over information. George found murder reprehensible and cowardly, even though he knew that one day he would eventually have someone's blood on his hands.

Eventually his superiors trusted him enough to go on his first solo assassination job: George was to kill a traitor of the World Government--a former pirate who was allegedly engaging in illegal arms dealing, named Flint. George had reservations, but he agreed, because he knew that if he did not, he would be imprisoned or killed.

As he traveled there, he wondered... why would they send an assassin to take care of this man? Why wouldn't they send a message to the local government and have the leaders deal with it? After all, it was a country, with a king, on favorable terms with the World Government. There would be no reason to act if the king were cooperating. He vowed to investigate a little more thoroughly while he was there.

It was easy enough to find his target; he spotted his target during the daytime, shopping for groceries at the market. George followed Flint back to his apartment on a relatively public street, it had a pigeon coop on the roof, and George discovered from the layout of the town that it was right over a sewer. If someone wanted to smuggle weapons, that would be the place to do it.

After some investigation and finding nothing that he could go off of, the next day he slipped in virtually unnoticed to Flint's apartment and began looking all over for answers. He didn't find any weapons. Instead, he found papers. Notes, research, deductions, and educated guesses about the shadiness of the World Government. He even found classified documents that had probably been leaked to him. And he discovered that Flint was a pen name. Attached to the bottom of one of the papers in Flint's office, signed in Flint's handwriting was "by Flint: A Spark of Knowledge." George now understood. The words themselves were the weapons that were being smuggled. The World Government could not allow him to reveal their inner-most secrets. That was his crime.

And yet, George did not believe that this man deserved to die. A simple journalist, doing his job. If Flint were to blindly praise the World Government, they would have no reaction; but to speak out against them... did that constitute death?

As George brooded over his thoughts, Flint came back earlier than George had expected. Flint confronted him with a gun and fired, but George simply used the Iron Body technique and the bullet flattened against him harmlessly. George then told him, "Your identity has been discovered by the World Government. They want you dead. In ten minutes, I will burn this place to the ground. Use the sewers to escape. Take what you will and leave. Go somewhere, and never use the name Flint again. If you are still here in ten minutes, I will kill you."

George sat in silence in the shadows of the sewer for nearly ten minutes, waiting to make sure Flint left as he had ordered him to do. He couldn't go back. The World Government was too powerful, and if they found out he had disobeyed orders, they would kill him on the spot. He was almost sure that the leaders of the World Government didn't trust anyone 100%. It would be impossible to hide his crime forever. But he would have to try.

George watched the man leave by the sewers from the shadows, and then "found" two corpses that no one would miss, hid them in Flint's old bedroom, then staged a Molotov cocktail bombing, and watched as the fire spread through the whole apartment complex. No one else was killed, and the local authorities reported that Jon Palton--Flint--and one other "unidentified male" was dead in the fire.

George fled, as quickly and as quietly as he could, and dove into the ocean. He began to swim, caring little for where he went, just that he wanted to leave and start a new life under the name Hodo Hojo. He vowed never again to be a puppet of the World Government.

Hodo went from town to town, doing odd jobs and helping out where he could before moving on to the next. He tried not to do anything of real importance and remain as inconspicuous as possible.

Until the day he picked up a copy of the newspaper, and discovered an article that turned his stomach. The Marines were being praised for bringing down a "rogue nation." The picture over the article showed one of his teammates from the Rokushiki accepting an award from some Admiral. As he read further, he realized that this "rogue nation" was a nation of scholars, and they had wiped them out for the same reason that they had wanted Hodo to kill Flint.

But this time, they had killed millions of innocent people. This was not justice! Hodo was furious, and he made a second vow right then and there.

Hodo would dismantle the World Government, brick by brick.

Goal: Total annihilation of the World Government.

Heightened Attribute: Speed, Precision
Last edited by Rough Giraffe on Thu May 26, 2011 7:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Zelosse » Thu May 26, 2011 5:49 am

I dunno man. Former elite killer of the government? Little farfetched considering how early in the story we are.
I'm fine with the actual Rokushiki techniques being learned thus far but they'd have to either get a penalty for using them (Huge strain on your body) or they are incomplete (can't do the techniques to maximum efficiency)
As for your history, since you're about to become a pirate and not want the worlds top killers after you or your crew, I would suggest that you alter it so that a fake death was staged after the flint encounter so as to throw off your trail.

Other than that it all seem's to work ok.

Postby Rough Giraffe » Thu May 26, 2011 6:34 am

Okay I've made some changes, added a couple things here and there. How's that?

Postby Matthonius » Thu May 26, 2011 6:48 am

I've also put some changes in my profile.

Postby Zelosse » Thu May 26, 2011 7:10 am

Look's good to me Matt, but you may wanna take my suggestion about making your character much much taller for intimidation reasons as well as more body mass for muscle building.

Ruff, since your character has had CP9 training but a weak physical body, I need you to remove 'strength' from heightened attributes. I would focus on capitalizing speed and precision instead. Survival instincts is a natural part of a human being so it being heightened would imply you "Get the fuck outta there" when trouble's a'comin.

Postby Rough Giraffe » Thu May 26, 2011 7:16 am

I'll just go with "Speed and Precision" then.

Postby Deathmaster Forse » Thu May 26, 2011 7:55 am

Yo Zelosse, I'm done with my CS. Its back at page 2, so please tell me what you think.
Image Made it myself. (Tukinode may not reflect the ideas of his original creator)

Postby Zelosse » Thu May 26, 2011 8:02 am

That's quite a unique pet you have. I would like to know more about the devil fruit and it's purposes, as for your knight I will say this; Supersonic? no

Draw-speed is held back by the scabbards resistance, I will allow you to have extremely fast draw speed and, when the blade is wet and thus has zero resistance, inhuman draw speed.
Everything else seem's ok.
One last thing; Pick a position other can 'caretaker'. Be lookout or somethin'

Postby Deathmaster Forse » Thu May 26, 2011 8:10 am

To address everything:

1. I'll Pm you on the fruit.

2. Ok, lets change it from supersonic to inhumanly fast as you said.

3. Its moving that fast due to the potential energy gathered in the spring on the hilt, not due to his arm strength or technique.

4. Agreed, I'll have him be a lookout since he has heightened perception.
Image Made it myself. (Tukinode may not reflect the ideas of his original creator)

Postby Zelosse » Thu May 26, 2011 8:37 am

Technique and Strength still add a lot to the overall speed of a swing, thats how you go from 'fast' to 'blur'.

Postby Zelosse » Thu May 26, 2011 8:41 am

I should also mention that the CS' for Amethyst and Ruby(half) have been posted on page 2 directly below the Sapphire warlord. Color-coated for easy distinction.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu May 26, 2011 9:38 am

Hmm...I think I'll call dibs on shipwright.

Got an idea for a spider devil fruit user.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Deathmaster Forse » Thu May 26, 2011 9:51 am

Zelosse: I agree. Strength and technique are important. What i meant is that the reason its moving abnormally fast is because of the spring not because he has Zoro's strength or Mihawk's technique. Still, it seems like we have an agreement. I'll pm you on the fruit and do the CS correction from caretaker to lookout soon but gimme a couple of hours, i have some separate work to do in RL for the time being.

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu May 26, 2011 9:56 am

Why are you pming the fruit?
More Robots

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing