Gallifrey: Time Academy (OOC) STILL OPEN | Still Alive!

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Gallifrey: Time Academy (OOC) SIGN UPS NOW OPEN

Postby Doctress Who » Tue May 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Keiran wrote:To get my guy off Earth (Human), are there Aliens that deal in slave trading?

The universe is full of aliens that still make use of slaves...you can just make a slave trading race up to suit your needs, if you like.
But if you're looking for any race specifically, it really depends on what story/situation you're going for exactly, as to what would be appropriate.

Also, if you need any more help, check the FAQs, and PM me if you're still stuck.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Doctress Who » Tue May 24, 2011 8:41 pm

OH HEY GUYS, LOOK WHO IT IS.

Name: Romana (Romanadvoratrelundar)

Full Title: Lady Romanadvoratrelundar, President of the Supreme High Council of Gallifrey and all Her Dominions, Holder of the Wisdom of Rassilon, Preserver of the Matrix, Guardian of the Legacy of Omega.

Addressed as ‘Your Excellency’ or ‘Madam President’.

Incarnation: 2nd

Nicknames: (Not common knowledge, but I might as well mention them)
“The Ice Maiden”
“Fred”

Race: Gallifreyan, Fully mature Time Lord

Homeworld: Gallifrey

Appearance:
Picture references:
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/Doctresswho/Gallifrey/romanaII.jpg
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/Doctresswho/Gallifrey/PresidentRomana.jpg
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/Doctresswho/Gallifrey/06-02-01_WHO-14.jpg
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/Doctresswho/Gallifrey/PresidentRomana2.jpg
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/Doctresswho/Gallifrey/gallifrey_by_brianaw-d3bu9hb-1.jpg

(Some versions have her as looking older with short hair, but I’m having her with long hair, dammit!)

Roughly 5’6”, Petite in build and stature, pale skin. Long straight blonde hair, pale blue eyes and often wearing a questioning expression on her face, sometimes a small frown or smile. Can also come across as quite reserved and prim in appearance. She has the air of a proper old-fashioned young woman, complete with a pronounced English accent. However a closer look will tell you she’s not exactly as first impressions give…like all Time Lords there’s something ancient and otherworldly about her, something that you can’t quite put your finger on. And like all of her race, she seems both old and young at the same time, both naive and wise. There is something timeless about her nature; however in comparison to many of the other Time Lords, it’s clear that she is still seen as quite young.

These days, she’s often required to wear classic Time Lord robes, often in red, orange and gold (The colours of the Prydonian Chapter); the heavy white and gold presidential robes, she’ll wear on certain occasions and for special ceremonies.

When she isn’t wearing the Time Lord robes she’ll dress in long, elegantly fitted dresses, usually with a classic Time Lord design and shape to them (with or without a Time Lord collar and head gear, depending on her mood – she’ll leave the collar and things off if she wants to appear casual or is just simply sick of wearing them; the latter happens a lot), and these dresses are usually to whatever colour and design of her choosing. She’s been known to wear green and gold, pale yellow and pink, and white and gold quite often. Whatever she is wearing usually has hidden trans-dimensional pockets (pockets that are bigger on the inside) up her sleeves, usually to hold anything she needs quick access to. You can quite literally say that Romana always has something hidden up her sleeve ;D

Personality:
Exceptionally clever, observant, interfering, determined and stubborn to the bone, bossy, and sometimes a tad haughty, Romana is none-the-less a free spirited individual and, in private, is more casual, laidback and relaxed than some of her uptight and serious associates. As a leader she holds her head high and can come across as rather cold, commanding, strong-willed and highly confident...not by choice, but because her job requires her to be so. She is quick to lose her temper when things don’t go her way and she has a sharp tongue that can cut almost any ego down to size; and as many of her fellow politicians and guards have found out, you better hope you’re not in the firing line when she’s angry. A woman used to wearing many masks and hiding her real self, very few people know what she’s truly like underneath.

Despite this, Romana is a noble and compassionate individual who cares very much, both for her planet and for the rest of the universe. She is diplomatic, reasonable, fair, and rational, although her renegade tendencies have never truly left her, and she has been known to take risks and dabble in the odd eccentric behaviour. And no matter what her actions, she always has good intentions at heart. One remarkable thing about Romana is that, as a politician, she is always telling the truth. This has made her a very reliable and popular choice for President; however by doing this, she has shown just how naive she is. What with her honesty, her radical changes to policy and her liberal standing, Romana has set herself on a dangerous tightrope to cross. In the world of Democracy, all it takes is one mistake, one foot out of place, and it could spell the end for her career...or worse. And Romana is very conscious of this fact. This makes her all the more determined to hold onto her position as President of Gallifrey, and she intends to stay in power for a very long time to come.

Equipment:
As President of Gallifrey, Romana has almost all of Gallifrey’s resources and knowledge at her disposal, with the exception of certain CIA property which is out of bounds, even for her.
(Basically she has access to everything, except the very powerful objects such as ‘the Great Key of Rassilon’, an artefact which is traditionally hidden from the President to prevent them from gaining absolute power).
As President, she gets special privileges, such as exclusive access to the luxurious Presidential TARDIS, and the Presidential access codes, allowing her to go anywhere on Gallifrey. Nowhere is out of bounds for her.

As for what she keeps on her person, she still has her own sonic screwdriver, a multipurpose gadget which remains a relic from her younger years as a renegade. With some minor updates to it, it’s still in working order, although these days with so many people running around after her and tending to her every need, she rarely has a use for it.

She is also still in possession of K9 Mark II, a robotic dog that was a gift from the Doctor, and has been in her possession for a very long time.

Powers:
Romana is highly gifted with telepathy, her powers developed further from training herself further in the field. However despite her raw and natural strength, she is not skilled enough to read the minds of people who have been trained to shield their thoughts, although she can easily prevent others from reading hers.

Being from one of the ancient Prydonian houses (the House of Heartshaven), Romana also has a certain substance in her blood (a gift Rassilon gave to the oldest and most powerful Houses) which makes her immune to vampirism. In fact, her blood can be deadly to a vampire.

Skills:
Romana has many skills, perhaps most notably her academic intellect.
Romana is also a confidently diplomatic and cunningly persuasive individual – her skills of reasoning, bargaining, arguing and persuasion are surprisingly good – which goes without saying, having not only been able to get the High Council on her side to pass her policies, but also convincing many races to sign her peace treaty and join Gallifrey as allies. It seems this is one woman who is very good at getting her own way, and in getting people to listen to her.

History:
Romana grew up in the great ancestral House of Heartshaven, one of the looming houses of Prydon. She was a straight-A student at the Academy and excelled years ahead of her other classmates. She worked her way up the school quickly, and at a very young age graduated from the Academy with a triple first, a highly respectful achievement. Her prospects were high; many of her tutors expected her to do well. With good qualifications, a highly respectful background and with already several connections made to people in high places, she was all set to reach a highly-ranked position in Time Lord society.

However, no one was quite prepared for what happened next. A fresh graduate from the Academy and still a very inexperienced novice, Romana was summoned by a powerful god-like entity, ‘The White Guardian’ (considered in some stories to be the Time Lord God of Order) to help the renegade Time Lord known as The Doctor find one of the most powerful objects in the universe: The Key to Time. (If you don’t know what the Key to Time is, don’t worry, it’s not important at the moment).

From first introductions, it was quickly apparent that Romana and the Doctor didn’t get on well with each other...at all. However, they had no choice but to work together. Despite their differences, they eventually grew to appreciate each other’s company. At the end of their quest, Romana decided not to return to Gallifrey, but instead to continue to travel with the Doctor. Rather unexpectedly, she decided to regenerate (apparently of her own volition), changing into the body she currently wears, a body which copied the appearance of Princess Astra of Atrios, someone whom the Doctor and Romana met on their travels. Romana’s second incarnation got on much better with the Doctor, the two of them even considering each other to be best friends.

Eventually, however, their adventures were cut short by the Time Lords, who wanted Romana back on Gallifrey and ordered that the Doctor returned her to them. But Romana had long since gotten used to the renegade way of life, and didn’t want to go back.

As luck would have it, before they could arrive back on Gallifrey, the TARDIS lost control, sending The Doctor and Romana into a pocket universe called ‘E-space’, which had no Gallifrey, and no Time Lords. While the Doctor returned to the normal universe, Romana decided to stay behind in E-Space.
She built her own version of the Doctor’s TARDIS and travelled this new universe under the renegade title ‘The Mistress’, having adventures of her own.

Eventually however, Romana did return to her own universe. Perhaps she grew tired of travelling, perhaps she got homesick...whatever the reason, after many years on her own, she returned back home to her own universe. As a gesture of thanks for helping to defeat the Great Vampire (an encounter she had in E-space), Romana was offered a seat on the High council of Gallifrey, which she graciously accepted. After many years spent travelling the universes as a renegade, Romanadvoratrelundar finally returned back home and settled down, entering the world of politics. It was a very different world to the one she had been used to, but she acquired a new friend; a Time Lord politician called Irving Braxiatel. He helped her readjust to the Gallifreyan lifestyle and supported her, giving her advice and encouragement, and being something of a mentor and friend to this new young lady of the High Council. Braxiatel’s reputation, connections and respect, helped secure Romana’s place on the High Council, where she remained for some time.

During Romana’s time as a High Council member, the Time Lady known as Flavia was in power. However, Flavia’s Presidency was not the happiest of ones, and Romana saw the chance to ‘invoke the right of challenge’ against Flavia and have the senior Lady President removed from office. No one had invoked the right of challenge for a long time, and at the request and encouragement of other Time Lords who wanted Flavia out of office, Romana took the opportunity with both hands, challenging Flavia to an election, and putting herself forward as a candidate for the Presidency. Romana won the election against Flavia with a 53% vote and was appointed to the office of Lady President of Gallifey.

As already mentioned, whilst she is no doubt popular, Romana’s presidency has been less than smooth. The twenty years spent as a prisoner to the Daleks has certainly affected her to some degree, and in some ways has hardened her.
Something else that has affected her is the loss of her best friend, the Doctor. Due to certain unfortunate circumstances, Romana had no choice as President but to banish the Doctor from the universe, unable to let him ever return. The Doctor did visit Romana during her presidency on a number of occasions, and in various different incarnations (although most notably his eighth incarnation, who had a habit of trying to whisk Romana away on another one of his adventures). But due to Romana’s own actions as President, she has now lost the closest friend she ever had...And this is a universe now without the Doctor, because of her. It’s something she has never forgiven herself for.

Despite all this however, Romana maintains a positive outlook and has put in a lot of effort into her time in office. She remains to this day, one of Gallifrey’s most popular presidents – and certainly the rest of the universe views this Madam President in much higher regards than any Time Lord President before her.

Theme: ”No Good Deed” – Wicked
“Go Away” – Delain

((Romana’s CS is probably one of the longest ones I’m doing; I don’t plan on doing all the NPCs this detailed))
Last edited by Doctress Who on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Tue May 24, 2011 8:45 pm

OH HAI.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:35 pm

Doctress Who wrote:
sam4books wrote:Also:

Damn, you guys are fast.
Inorite?
I'm having trouble keeping up, you're all so damn fast.

Also, MM's CS: I see what you did there.

sam4books wrote:*just seen MM's CS*

OMGCHARLESDJFDSALFHREA

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Did you guys think, I wouldn't mention anything, especially the plans, we made for Lunatics Inc.

Also, updated Roy.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby sam4books » Tue May 24, 2011 9:39 pm

Btw Doc, I have a challenge for you (whenever you have the time).

If you can recite the general plot of this movie the first time around with absolutely no cheating/usage of plot charts, you win one free picture of whatever you want.

Just thought I might throw it out there since it explores time travel on the sciency end of the spectrum ;D

HINTS:

-The Rats in the Attic. You'll see.
-Also, Aaron's (the friend of the blonde guy) headphones.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Tue May 24, 2011 9:51 pm

Oh yeah, I saw you post that in Weirdness.

And HAHA, nice try :| I won't be getting a free picture, will I? Not with that movie.
It looks very interesting, though. I'll probably watch it when I'm more awake.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Tue May 24, 2011 9:55 pm

Ah well, it was worth a try ^_^

Although I had to watch a guy explain the entire movie in full detail in order to understand it fully :0
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Wed May 25, 2011 11:03 am

If any of you have got secrets to hide, or are up to trouble, watch out for this guy.

Name: Narvin
Full Title: Chief Co-ordinator Narvin of the Celestial Intervention Agency

Incarnation: ???
Nicknames: --
Age: Unknown, possibly in his 900’s or maybe in his 1000’s.
Race: Gallifreyan, Senior Time Lord
Homeworld: Gallifrey

Appearance:
Picture references:
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/Doctresswho/Gallifrey/SeanCarlsen0205.jpg
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/Doctresswho/Gallifrey/narvinCIA.jpg
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/Doctresswho/Gallifrey/narvinpolice.jpg (Yes, the same actor who plays Narvin/the same guy Narvin is based around, was also the policeman dude in ‘The Christmas Invasion’ ;D I loved that policeman dude.)
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/Doctresswho/Gallifrey/SeanCarlsen.jpg
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/Doctresswho/Gallifrey/Narvin.jpg

Narvin looks to be in his late thirties, standing at 5’10”, medium build, with short light brown hair and piercing blue eyes. He often dresses in full black and white CIA robes whilst he’s attending to ceremonies and specific duties on Gallifrey, but other times he’ll just wear the lightweight, more practical uniform that most CIA operatives have (when they’re not undercover, of course).

Personality:
“I’m a spy, not a politician. That means even I don’t know whose side I’m on.”

If there’s one thing Narvin is not, it’s nice. Blunt, sarcastic, calculative, with violent tendencies and a deeply unpleasant nature, and on top of all that, he’s head of the CIA. He is a man with very little conscience about what he does or the methods he uses to get results. It’s no surprise he’s hated by many...but as CIA, he more or less expects it.
It’s also no secret that he despises Romana completely, and the feeling is completely mutual; however, for all his bad points, Narvin is exceptionally loyal to Gallifrey and incredibly dedicated to his job. Nothing matters more to him than Gallifrey’s safety, and serving under the office of President to the best of his ability. Despite generally being a coward and a bit of a bastard, he would willingly put down his life for his planet, and his President without a second thought. He may hate Romana on a personal level, but when it comes to his profession and Gallifrey, he would gladly die for her. Perhaps something overlooked about Narvin, is that for such an unpleasant man, he is just doing his job. Protecting Gallifrey. Despite his methods, despite how many people he’s willing to stab in the back, or expose the secrets of, and despite what incidences he covers up. He’s not doing it for recognition, he’s not doing it for his own benefit, and he’s certainly not doing it to be liked. He’s doing it, because he believes Gallifrey is worth fighting for, and because he believes in doing what’s right for Gallifrey, no matter what the cost. Which for any Time Lord, such selfless behaviour and dedication to others, is a rare trait to come by.

Equipment: As head of the CIA, there is very little Narvin doesn’t have access to.
On his person at all times, he carries a customised black coloured Staser pistol which is slightly more sophisticated than the ones carried by Gallifrey's chancellery guard, capable of getting through most types of armour, including Dalek battle armour.
He also has a wrist strap communications device which can patch him directly through to ‘Time Control’ (the HQ of all Gallifrey’s military and temporal operations) at the press of a button, as well as being used as a general communications device and computer.

And I’m not going to list all the other stuff Narvin has/may have. He’s CIA. Go figure.

Powers: Beyond being very skilled at shielding his mind from prying third eyes (thanks to training in the CIA for so long) Narvin possesses little in terms of personal ‘powers’.
However, he does have all the combined power of the CIA behind him and connections in many places, so he’s certainly not a man you want to cross.

Skills: I’m not going to name all of Narvin’s skills, but naturally as a spy, espionage is his forte. It’s his job to know everything, about everyone.
Even you.

He also was a skilled technician before his CIA days, so he knows his way around technology very easily.

History:
Narvin took over as Co-ordinator of the CIA from his predecessor, Co-ordinator Vansell, and has been in service to the President for some years. He has been involved with the CIA for a good portion of his life, although before joining the CIA, he was a technician.
Like many Time Lords, he studied at the Academy in his youth, and has had a good education.

Theme:
”Charmless Man” - Blur <<The man in the video even looks and acts like Narvin.

And...
“Somebody hates me” – Reel Big Fish
Because it’s so true.
Narvin haters gonna hate.
Last edited by Doctress Who on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time Lady

Postby Keiran » Wed May 25, 2011 1:06 pm

Which slave traders can jump time?

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed May 25, 2011 1:26 pm

Some questions to get off my chest.

One. "Fred" is one of Romana's nicknames?
Two. The doctor was banished from the universe? Where did he go?

Apart from that...Well, I'm liking Narvin.

By the way, is there any way for time lords to know if someone else is a time lord? Is it something in the eyes or other physical details, or is it something to do with their physic abilities, a certain sort of mind? Is it just something they sense? Could it be faked or replicated, by a flexible, skilled and naturally physic mind itself? Or is it something else entirely?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Archrival » Wed May 25, 2011 1:28 pm

The Doctor was banished from ever setting foot on Gallifrey not the universe, he currently as you know wanders time and Space.... As for Time Lord spotting Time Lord I have no clue myself.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed May 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Doesn't it say "universe" in Romana's history?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Archrival » Wed May 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Hmmm I'm not sure then, I just know The Doctor can never ever return to Gallifrey at any cost.

Edit: FINISHED.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby sam4books » Wed May 25, 2011 3:25 pm

Doctress Who wrote:Narvin haters gonna hate.

Wanna know what's weird?

Wattles says the same thing in his picture.

They will become best buddies. Totally.
In passing

Postby Keiran » Wed May 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Name: Gilbrid Bhaltair

Incarnation: N/A

Nicknames:

Race: Human

Homeworld: Earth

Appearance: Gilbrid is short and malnutrition looking at 5'3"; only recently joining the Teutonic Knights to get a better life. He is an albino, with highly pale skin which burns quickly, messy white hair that reaches his neck, and crimson eyes which often have dark circles under them. He has two white scars on his right cheek vertically going down from his eye from the traders and claw-mark-like scars down his left arm. He has other scars on his chest and back, some looking like they were made by a belt. He often has a small child-like smile and is openly curious about society, constantly watching people.

Gilbrid looks young, younger than nineteen and if not for the scars on his cheek many would think he was as young as twelve. He wears a slightly dirty white tunic with a large red cross which reaches his knees and black cloth slacks tucked into well-worn dark brown leather boots. He also has a black metal Iron Cross which he wears around his neck. He uses the skinned fur of an Eurasian Lynx as a belt.

Personality: Gilbrid is quiet and to most people seems like a sweet child, incapable of doing harm or defending himself but there is a protective side to the polite young man. And a sneak, Gilbrid knows what it takes to survive while being the freak. He hates his albinism, it caused his parents to abandon him and made him have to figure out life on his own.

Gilbrid is shy and for the most part is complacent, submitting to the whims of other so that they both think he’s weaker than he is and to make sure they don’t think he is a threat. But Gilbrid is braver than he appears willing to risk his life to protect someone is a lesser position than him.

Equipment: None

Powers: None

Skills: Swordsman
Minor lockpicking
Surprisingly – Singing
Does Chivalry count as a skill? Probably, since most of the time it’s dead.

History: Gilbrid was born to lower-class parents in 1220 in Berlin, Prussia. His parents were frightened of their strange child, thinking him a child of the Devil because of his pale looks and demonic seeming eyes. But Gilbrid was a gentle child and constantly tried to please them. By the time Gilbrid was 7 he was more often than not on the streets to avoid his now tyrannical father, he scared the boy. He learned to sneak food from the marketplace when no one was looking, but always offered to help the vendors later with cleaning or carrying things. He was happier, but wanted more.

Gilbrid had a fascination with the Teutonic Knights and as soon as he could lie his way in he enlisted. He was fifteen but managed to convince them he was old, how he did he never could figure out. He was happy to fight, to protect innocent lives. His life was good.

He was sixteen when he was hunting, on a break from the constant war, the constant death. He was sure it would be over soon. He chuckled as he searched for a deer to shoot with his cross bow when from behind him he heard a low growl. He turned, his boots crunching in the snow and barely had time to breathe when his arm was raked by the claws of an Eurasian Lynx. He barely survived the encounter, accidently setting off his crossbow which caused a bolt to kill the lynx, going through the temple. He kept the lynx’s tail to remind him that luck is sometimes more important than skill and to always pay attention.

Not long after his encounter with the Lynx Gilbrid awoke to a place that he had never seen, metals he had never seen, creatures that he could never have imagined… It was frightening, it was exhilarating. And then he found out, slow to understand the language, he was to be sold. He was a slave. Sixteen and to be a playtoy to some rich shit.

Apparently the ship wasn’t as good as it could be, Gilbrid realized belatedly, as he was still on the ship three years later, they had stopped at different planets and he was lucky enough not to get sold. It was then that the Time Lords decided to rescue them. There were only two there, and they were trying to be sneaky. He watched from where he was chained to the wall, and noticed one of the slavers coming up behind them. Those two were his only chance at freedom, and they seemed to be younger than him, he needed to help. “ZUG! Hinter dir!“ (Stop! Behind you!) he shouted, pulling on his chain and kicking at the slaver, barely grazing it. He remembered being zapped and a burning hair smell and that was all.

He woke in a completely different room and couldn’t help but smile. He spoke quietly to the Time Lords, trying to see if they were alright and that he hadn’t ruined their plans. His english was very accented but they could understand him despite him being uneducated and having a small vocabulary. They immediately say his eagerness to learn and his protective nature. Before he knew it he was on a world filled with wonders and they told him he would be going to school to help people. He smile brightly, he couldn’t wait.

Theme: 5. Mäir – Megaherz
Last edited by Keiran on Sun May 29, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Doctress Who » Wed May 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Keiran wrote:Which slave traders can jump time?
Hmm...well, unless they are part of the Temporal powers alliance, none can legally...BUT there's nothing to stop a slave trader developing the technology to time travel and making use of it before the Time Lords come along to sort them out.

The only race I can think of, off the top of my head, that uses slaves that is 'the Warpsmiths of Phaidon', but they tend to be very picky about it...hmmm...

Can you expand on what your situation is? I'm a bit confused about what you're looking for exactly.

MQuinny1234 wrote:Some questions to get off my chest.

One. "Fred" is one of Romana's nicknames?
Yes. It's a nickname she got from the Doctor, though, not from the Academy.
MQuinny1234 wrote:Two. The doctor was banished from the universe? Where did he go?
Long story. My answer is most likely only going to give you more questions. All you need to know for now, is that he's not there; he's in another universe.
MQuinny1234 wrote:Apart from that...Well, I'm liking Narvin.
:D
MQuinny1234 wrote:By the way, is there any way for time lords to know if someone else is a time lord? Is it something in the eyes or other physical details, or is it something to do with their physic abilities, a certain sort of mind? Is it just something they sense? Could it be faked or replicated, by a flexible, skilled and naturally physic mind itself? Or is it something else entirely?
From what I gather, Time Lords can sense another Time Lord if they are in the area, yes, but it's a kind of sixth sense thing...most likely psychic ability is involved in identifying another Time Lord, if you look at something like the Eleventh Doctor's reaction when he thought he could sense other Time Lords still alive... I doubt the psychic thoughts could be actually replicated by anyone though, no, it would have to be genuine. A Time Lord is very attuned to their own kin and would most likely be able to to tell the difference, if it was faked.
MQuinny1234 wrote:Doesn't it say "universe" in Romana's history?
Yep. Universe. In this particular version of events, the Doctor's been kicked out of the entire universe (or this particular universe, anyway).
sam4books wrote:
Doctress Who wrote:Narvin haters gonna hate.

Wanna know what's weird?

Wattles says the same thing in his picture.

They will become best buddies. Totally.
Haha...what a coincidence.
Oh, and if only.
Too bad Narvin doesn't have a great sense of humour :3
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed May 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Tch, shame about that. Could have been helpful later on, saved some bloodshed. Possibly.

Ah well, shame about the Doc too.

Also, please, oh please make Wattles try to be friends with Narvin.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Wed May 25, 2011 5:04 pm

I wanted some race to take him from Earth in the early 1200s and the Time Lords wouldn't be able to send him back because of what he knows. A Prussian Teutonic Knight.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:05 pm

Oh cool, an old age fellow.

Good idea.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Wed May 25, 2011 5:06 pm

Yeah, he'll be cool. Actual chivalry shall exist once more!

Postby sam4books » Wed May 25, 2011 5:07 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Tch, shame about that. Could have been helpful later on, saved some bloodshed. Possibly.

Ah well, shame about the Doc too.

Also, please, oh please make Wattles try to be friends with Narvin.

I'll do it.

Just for you.
In passing

Postby Asmodai » Wed May 25, 2011 5:08 pm

I feel ssssoooooooo left out of the loop... I have no idea what 90% of the stuff you people are talking about means xD
Mephobiac

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:12 pm

Thank you Sammy.

Also, we could even have our guys in the same time zone, if I make Shikin one or two thousand years older.

When was pompeii?
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Wed May 25, 2011 5:15 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Tch, shame about that. Could have been helpful later on, saved some bloodshed. Possibly.
o.o
MQuinny1234 wrote:Ah well, shame about the Doc too.
It's for the best.
1. More shit can happen while he's away.
2. In extended universe canon, this happens anyway. The Eighth Doctor does get exiled from the universe by President Romana, at around this point in time. As I said, long story, but it gets the Doctor conveniently out of the way...for now.
3. It's one less Deux ex Machina to solve your problems with.
4. Character development for Romana. Having to banish your best friend must be tough.
MQuinny1234 wrote:Also, please, oh please make Wattles try to be friends with Narvin.
Narvin will not be amused.
:)
Keiran wrote:I wanted some race to take him from Earth in the early 1200s and the Time Lords wouldn't be able to send him back because of what he knows. A Prussian Teutonic Knight.
I actually discussed a similar idea with someone else over PMs. Knowledge alone would not be a good enough reason not to send him back: the Time Lords can perform mind wipes.

Send me a PM and we can work out a better solution to keep him from being sent back to his own time.
Time Lady

Postby Keiran » Wed May 25, 2011 5:34 pm

PM'd.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing