Dreamscape OOC Open

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Dreamscape OOC Open

Postby Karo » Mon May 23, 2011 11:42 pm

Remove them completely. Get rid of 40 and 45 while you're at it too.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Belwicket » Mon May 23, 2011 11:44 pm

What was wrong with them?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Karo » Mon May 23, 2011 11:46 pm

I don't like them, that's what's wrong with them. You don't need healing skills when there's a healer in your group. Also, Rogues. don't. use. magic. period. Manipulating light and shadow is therefore out.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Belwicket » Mon May 23, 2011 11:52 pm

Then what would you suggest for my last 9?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Karo » Mon May 23, 2011 11:57 pm

Poison, short-range teleportation, attacks that suit your chosen weapons. But it's not my job to come up with your skills for you.

Postby Belwicket » Tue May 24, 2011 12:02 am

Looks like I'll have to get help from the DMs again. -sigh-
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Karo » Tue May 24, 2011 12:10 am

Why not work on your own creativity for once? Everyone else I accepted was able to manage on their own. If you think your character will survive on someone else's creativity I can guarantee you your character will die permanently in this game.

Postby Belwicket » Tue May 24, 2011 12:15 am

Most of the powers I had you wouldn't accept. I did have some powers for her weapons but people were saying you wouldn't allow magic weapons to a new player so I had to get rid of them. I can't think of anything else that'd be good for those weapons unless I can make her a rogue/mage.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Karo » Tue May 24, 2011 1:04 am

I tore apart half of the current casts' skills list and they didn't have to resort to using other people's skills or combining classes. If you want in, then you need to learn to not rely on others to create your characters for you.

Postby Belwicket » Tue May 24, 2011 10:21 am

I don't, I get the basic and then I ask others for advice on better stuff, like how I changed her cape from cotton to silk. Or how I put leather armor over her clothes.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Tue May 24, 2011 11:03 am

I'm going to have to side with MLS this time, Karo ease up on her... she's been taking the advice, and honestly I think most of her CS is okay now. Skills do need a revamp though
Mephobiac

Postby Belwicket » Tue May 24, 2011 5:27 pm

Thanks, Asmo. I'll see what I can do tonight with the DMs.

Edit: I edited her again, anything still need to be worked on?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Villain » Fri May 27, 2011 10:09 am

Yeah, the CS looks fine now, the only problem would be the last two abilitys but they don't seem to far of a stretch.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Karo » Fri May 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Fix these. And why is it so hard for you to describe the type of clothes she wears under her armor?
My_Little_Sister wrote:WIP (edited again)

Character Name: Kate Shadehunter

Character Gender: Female

Character Class: Rogue

Appearance: She seems to be a fragile woman at first glance, especially with her soft, beautiful features. She has long, straight, black hair, her skin is pale and her eyes are dark brown. She is thin and short, only 4'6", and can easily hide in the shadows. She has a rather small but curvy frame with slender shoulders, a large chest that leads down to a narrow waist and wide hips. She has scars from her battles, most on her arms and legs though there are some on her torso. Most are from blades and are rather small.

She wears black, skin tight, cotton clothes with a midnight black, silk cloak. Over her clothes, she wears crimson dyed leather armor. Her clothes seem new with little to no rips or tears, and cover her entire body. They have no designs and seem to be one piece of cloth. Her boots are black leather, as well as her gloves, and she sometimes wears a hood and/or mask of black silk. She had them specially made, which cost her quite a bit, even for a family member, and is often having them repaired from her battles.

Special skills:

Level 1: Sleight of Hand (pickpocketing and similar abilities)
Level 2: Swimming (able to swim upstream through running water) Not necessary
Level 5: Backstab (multiplies damage by 3(?) with surprise)
Level 10: Shadow Speed (moves quickly and silently from shadow to shadow using timing and observation as to prevent being seen, similar to a feline)
Level 15: Glide (using her cloak, she can glide between buildings that she cannot jump to) Not necessary
Level 20: Twin Weapon Style (2 of the same or similar weapons (i.e. a pair of swords) or one of shorter nature (i.e. sword and dagger))
Level 25: Animal Noise (able to make animal-like noises) Not necessary
Level 30: Herbalism (identify herbs that can heal or poison and use them on her allies or opponents) Not Necessary
Level 35: Shadow Conceal (seems invisible in shadows)
Level 40: Intimidation (able to scare people into doing what she wishes) Not necessary
Level 45: Locksmithing (able to make locks and, through the knowledge, know how to better pick locks)
Level 50: Dagger Throwing (75%(?) chance of throwing a dagger into the heart of her opponent)
Level 55: Navigation (able to tell where she is and which direction she needs to go) Not Necessary
Level 60: Trailing (able to follow someone secretly in large cities)
Level 65: Voice Mimicry (able to mimic other peoples' voices)
Level 70: Shadow Shift (becomes a shadow) Hiding in shadows is fine, turning into them is not
Level 75:Shadow Strike (a single attack from Shadow Shift, becomes easy target directly after but returns to Shadow Shift a few seconds later) See above

Weapon: A pair of red and black round glaives (not to be confused with staff-like glaives). Each weapon has 3 steel (or iron if steel isn't available yet) blades spiraling from the center grip and is a main throwing weapon. Their bluish silver tint makes them seem to glow. On each of the 3 blades of both glaive are silver lines of words. "Death Bones Blood" and similar words on the first, "Life Water Flesh" on the second, and "Blade Claw Slice" on the third. Each glaive also has a single symbol in the center of the "handle", one of flames, the other of electricity.

Her secondary weapon is an iron dagger, covered in weapon black, that stays hidden, strapped to her leg. It has nothing special about it.

Fighting Style: She prefers close combat but can fight from a distance if needed. She often tries to run up behind her opponent, if larger and/or stronger, from the shadows and find a weak spot from behind.

Postby Zelosse » Fri May 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Does the clothes under the armor really matter, Karo?

Postby Villain » Fri May 27, 2011 2:46 pm

I didn't even do that Karo.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Zelosse » Fri May 27, 2011 2:50 pm

She meant 'replace them'.

Postby Villain » Fri May 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Oooooh, now I see.

Postby Karo » Fri May 27, 2011 3:12 pm

No, I meant define them, otherwise I'm going to do it. I'll make her wear a black potato sack and have NPCs ridicule her for it as they go through town if she doesn't. As it stands right now, her current appearance leads me to believe that she is wearing sectional armor rather than a suit of armor. Sectional armor has spaces where clothing shows through. Make a point of mentioning the clothing, you better describe what kind of clothing that is.

EDIT: MLS, you better come up with your own skills this time. Let someone else do it for you again, and you won't be joining this RP.

Postby Belwicket » Fri May 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Karo wrote:Fix these. And why is it so hard for you to describe the type of clothes she wears under her armor?

Her clothes are normal black cotton! What else is there to describe?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Iris » Fri May 27, 2011 3:54 pm

What kind of style, is the upper class frilly and puffy kind of clothing? Or is it more the lower/peasant clothing consisting of a tunic, pants, boots, etc.

Postby Belwicket » Fri May 27, 2011 4:15 pm

More like a ninja's darksuit, though not entirely. And I edited her powers... actually came up with those on my own.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Iris » Fri May 27, 2011 4:16 pm

Just remember this is based in the European Middle Ages, so there wouldn't be a ninja's darksuit. What there would be are; dark tunics, dark leggings, hooded robes and the like.

Postby Belwicket » Fri May 27, 2011 4:27 pm

Her clothes, under her armor, would resemble what we think of today as a ninja's darksuit, I don't know what it'd be called back then.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Belwicket » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:37 pm

Edited her, hope it hasn't died.
High Queen Dovahkiin

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing